Green Haven Hostel Reviews

Av Governador Abreu Sodré, 1245, Ubatuba, Ubatuba, Brazil

We were only meant to stay for 1 night but ended up staying much longer as it was so fun. The atmosphere is great and the owners are really helpful. They know how to get the Cashasa flowing in the evenings! Definitely check this place out if you are heading through Ubatuba.

• 4th Jun 2014

This is the best hostel we stayed in Brazil!!! The guys who run this hostel have created an amazing vibe where you feel like your at home only moments after checking in. All of the staff are super friendly and nothing is a problem for them, the best part is that they are keen to show travellers the best that Ubatuba has to offer, especially for surf. We ended up staying for 8 nights but could easily have stayed for longer. Amazing hostel, made some great friends. thanks heaps guys!!!

Great place, awesome people, and ubatuba was beautiful.

• 30th May 2014

I spent only 2 days in that hostel, but was amazing. The owner Vinicius, his brother Tulio and the staff (like Grabriel) are amazingly hospitality, there were free transport not only to the Bus Station but also all the time when they go for surfing include the staff for free to many beaches, that is an aditional service. Also the nightlife the go with you. Vinicius and Tulio are the kind of person that tries to makes you feel good. Congratulation guys, go ahead and of course I recomend you!!

This is simply the best hostel to stay in Ubatuba. Friendly staff (especially the owners who give multiple advices on the beaches to surf, places to hang out etc...), not expensive, very clean, well located in front of the beach and near the city center and language schools (for those who wish to learn portuguese while in Brazil). My week there was just amazing and I enjoyed very much joining the crew to surf the amazing spots of Ubatuba!!

Thanks for everthing, it was really nice staying at Green haven Hostel Ubatuba. The staff was excellent. It was really great that they helped to learn to surf. They showed me really nice beaches with big waves. The scenery/enviroment was very nice. In front of the hostel there was a beach were it was possible to learn surfing on not to big waves, just jump out of bed take a walk of 5 minutes and you are there. The rooms are very proper and the showers and toilets are clean and proper also.

• 12th May 2014

By far the best hostel I've been to in South America. First, the environment is awesome - for partying, relaxing, touring around, meeting people, and not to mention - the friendliest staff ever! The owners are awesome and they will make sure to do anything to make your stay the best - because customer service comes first for them. Picky about cleanliness, price, and location? They have it all figured out. If you weren't planning on Ubatuba, you might want to add Green Haven to your itinerary!

The hostel is really amazing good furniture, decoration and atmosphere, i was a bit apprehensive before booking because it would be the first time of my girlfriend in a hostel...but i think i couldn't have chosen a better hostel... The staff was really friendly and helpful, even i'm living close to Ubatuba, i didn't know some of amazing spots recommended by the staff. I've travelled around South America, Europe and Asia, definetely this was one of the best hostels i've stayed. Thanks Green H.

Awesome hostel! Good start as Vini sent one of the guys to come pick me up from the bus free. I arrived here midweek a solo traveller and it was very quiet, at first I was worried I'd be spending my time here pretty lonely but couldn't have been more wrong. All the guys are so friendly and welcoming and all speak pretty good English so youre never short for company. There's so many nice beaches and one of the guys will happily take you to any.. and even teach you to surf! Sweet. Cheers guys! X

• 30th Apr 2014

BEST HOSTEL IVE EVER BEEN TO!!!! Amazing owners and staff who are fun to hang out with and very generous & helpful, free transfers to/from hostel from bus terminal is very convenient, rides to/from beaches everyday for amazing surfing and swimming in waterfalls.. great facilities and welcoming vibe at the hostel. Highly recommend! Plus, ubatuba itself is a top destination - a must visit!

This is an amazing hostel with owners who genuinely care about their visitors. This is the ONLY place to stay in Ubatuba! We got a free room upgrade for no reason- just because the owner are so nice. We hired bikes and got loads of useful information. The staff were so so friendly and welcoming and their chilled out vibe is infectious. They collected us and dropped us off at the bus station FOC!!! Very few hostels do this! Best of luck guys in your venture!

Splendid hostel right on the beach. The staff was amazing--very helpful and attentive. Arriving on a holiday weekend, the place was very lively. After the weekend it calmed down a lot and was perfect to hang around and chit chat and be in the ocean a minute later. Staying here was a great value even if the 14-guest bedroom could use another bathroom/shower. Sad to have to leave!

• 20th Apr 2014

Great hostel with an awesome atmosphere! The guys from the staff are super friendly and helpful, they really make you feel at home. Bonus for the ocean sound in bed. Will definitely go back.

Nice hostel, located directly at the beach with a lot of day trips in store. There is no breakfast included, but a cheap local supermarket right around the corner. We really enjoyed ourselves here.

I can only rate the Green Haven Hostel hostel 100% as it is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Staff is very friendly, helpful and inspiring. I felt very much at home. It was actually the first hostel where I was not afraid to walk around barefoot and even stay in the kitchen as they keep the place super clean. also great location. super comfortable and great value for money. Apart from all this the hostel has great atmosphere and great caipirinha!

The vibe of the hostel and Ubatuba is great - very laid back and friendly. Vinnie goes out of his way to make every guest feel welcome and have a good time. While the town is not yet a huge tourist destination for English-speakers, there is plenty to do, day or night and Vinnie can help you figure it out. The hostel is very clean and the open floor plan allows for plenty of sun and fresh air. I definitely recommend this place and Ubatuba.

Green Haven hostel was one of the best hostels we have stayed at during our trip through South America. Cannot recommend it enough! Our time in Ubatuba would have been completely different without Vinnie and his crews amazing hospitality.. definitely one to return to one day. You are really missing out if you don't stay at Green Haven!

Absolutely amazing this place is paradise!! Vini and the guys go above and beyond to make sure you have an incredible experience and it is unparalleled to anywhere else I have ever been, cannot fault this place. Its a must stop in Brazil!!

Great hostel in all aspects. Vini and the staff are really nice and helpful. They'll make you feel at home and help you to take the most of your stay in Ubatuba with good info and tips. Location is great, and they offer transfers to many places so that you can discover better Ubatuba beaches (which are so many!). They are also happy to join guests for surfing and they'll show you nice spots. There's a nice atmosphere and happiness around. I'd choose this hostel again with no doubt.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Spain

At first I was not sure, but the moment I stepped in the Hostel, the staff was so nice and caring that it all went upwards. Best thing about it is the staff, young and energetic, they go through lengths to make sure you have a good experience. I had my first surf lesson in a beach nearby, and they helped me through it. Night was pleasant and quiet, room and bath clean and correct for the money.

• 5th Apr 2014