Green Haven Hostel Reviews

Av Governador Abreu Sodré, 1245, Ubatuba, Ubatuba, Brazil

Thanks for everthing, it was really nice staying at Green haven Hostel Ubatuba. The staff was excellent. It was really great that they helped to learn to surf. They showed me really nice beaches with big waves. The scenery/enviroment was very nice. In front of the hostel there was a beach were it was possible to learn surfing on not to big waves, just jump out of bed take a walk of 5 minutes and you are there. The rooms are very proper and the showers and toilets are clean and proper also.

• 12th May 2014

By far the best hostel I've been to in South America. First, the environment is awesome - for partying, relaxing, touring around, meeting people, and not to mention - the friendliest staff ever! The owners are awesome and they will make sure to do anything to make your stay the best - because customer service comes first for them. Picky about cleanliness, price, and location? They have it all figured out. If you weren't planning on Ubatuba, you might want to add Green Haven to your itinerary!

The hostel is really amazing good furniture, decoration and atmosphere, i was a bit apprehensive before booking because it would be the first time of my girlfriend in a hostel...but i think i couldn't have chosen a better hostel... The staff was really friendly and helpful, even i'm living close to Ubatuba, i didn't know some of amazing spots recommended by the staff. I've travelled around South America, Europe and Asia, definetely this was one of the best hostels i've stayed. Thanks Green H.

Awesome hostel! Good start as Vini sent one of the guys to come pick me up from the bus free. I arrived here midweek a solo traveller and it was very quiet, at first I was worried I'd be spending my time here pretty lonely but couldn't have been more wrong. All the guys are so friendly and welcoming and all speak pretty good English so youre never short for company. There's so many nice beaches and one of the guys will happily take you to any.. and even teach you to surf! Sweet. Cheers guys! X

• 30th Apr 2014

BEST HOSTEL IVE EVER BEEN TO!!!! Amazing owners and staff who are fun to hang out with and very generous & helpful, free transfers to/from hostel from bus terminal is very convenient, rides to/from beaches everyday for amazing surfing and swimming in waterfalls.. great facilities and welcoming vibe at the hostel. Highly recommend! Plus, ubatuba itself is a top destination - a must visit!

This is an amazing hostel with owners who genuinely care about their visitors. This is the ONLY place to stay in Ubatuba! We got a free room upgrade for no reason- just because the owner are so nice. We hired bikes and got loads of useful information. The staff were so so friendly and welcoming and their chilled out vibe is infectious. They collected us and dropped us off at the bus station FOC!!! Very few hostels do this! Best of luck guys in your venture!

Splendid hostel right on the beach. The staff was amazing--very helpful and attentive. Arriving on a holiday weekend, the place was very lively. After the weekend it calmed down a lot and was perfect to hang around and chit chat and be in the ocean a minute later. Staying here was a great value even if the 14-guest bedroom could use another bathroom/shower. Sad to have to leave!

• 20th Apr 2014

Great hostel with an awesome atmosphere! The guys from the staff are super friendly and helpful, they really make you feel at home. Bonus for the ocean sound in bed. Will definitely go back.

Nice hostel, located directly at the beach with a lot of day trips in store. There is no breakfast included, but a cheap local supermarket right around the corner. We really enjoyed ourselves here.

I can only rate the Green Haven Hostel hostel 100% as it is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Staff is very friendly, helpful and inspiring. I felt very much at home. It was actually the first hostel where I was not afraid to walk around barefoot and even stay in the kitchen as they keep the place super clean. also great location. super comfortable and great value for money. Apart from all this the hostel has great atmosphere and great caipirinha!

The vibe of the hostel and Ubatuba is great - very laid back and friendly. Vinnie goes out of his way to make every guest feel welcome and have a good time. While the town is not yet a huge tourist destination for English-speakers, there is plenty to do, day or night and Vinnie can help you figure it out. The hostel is very clean and the open floor plan allows for plenty of sun and fresh air. I definitely recommend this place and Ubatuba.

Green Haven hostel was one of the best hostels we have stayed at during our trip through South America. Cannot recommend it enough! Our time in Ubatuba would have been completely different without Vinnie and his crews amazing hospitality.. definitely one to return to one day. You are really missing out if you don't stay at Green Haven!

Absolutely amazing this place is paradise!! Vini and the guys go above and beyond to make sure you have an incredible experience and it is unparalleled to anywhere else I have ever been, cannot fault this place. Its a must stop in Brazil!!

Great hostel in all aspects. Vini and the staff are really nice and helpful. They'll make you feel at home and help you to take the most of your stay in Ubatuba with good info and tips. Location is great, and they offer transfers to many places so that you can discover better Ubatuba beaches (which are so many!). They are also happy to join guests for surfing and they'll show you nice spots. There's a nice atmosphere and happiness around. I'd choose this hostel again with no doubt.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Spain

At first I was not sure, but the moment I stepped in the Hostel, the staff was so nice and caring that it all went upwards. Best thing about it is the staff, young and energetic, they go through lengths to make sure you have a good experience. I had my first surf lesson in a beach nearby, and they helped me through it. Night was pleasant and quiet, room and bath clean and correct for the money.

• 5th Apr 2014

great staff; had great 1st surfing lesson with them, they can do transfers at the drop of a hat, most comfortable and spacious hostel out of the 7 I´ve been in in Brazil. Balconies with dorms. Next to sea. I woke up and could see the waves without having to move from bed.

Great hostel right across the road from a beach. A bit far from the town but there is a supermarket 5 minutes walk away and restaurants down the beach but Vini the owner would drive you into town anyway. Vini will go out of your way to make sure you have the best stay from picking you up from the bus station to driving you back and helping you buy a ticket. Vini and the staff will regularly go and take you on surfing trips if you wanted or drive you around the other beaches in town.

The hostel is located literally 10 steps from the ocean, in a gorgeous house with awesome wall paintings/decor. Really amazing staff; it feels like you're hanging out with old friends. Everyone goes surfing together and out for meals and acai all the time - I wasn't lonely for a second even though I'm traveling on my own. A 15 minute walk from the center of town, or a quick bike ride on one of the hostel bikes (or someone is likely driving there quite often). Store/bakery around the corner.

Best hostel I've stayed in yet...Got looked after like a King by Vinnie and the boys,Great staff,great location and lots of good waves and cool stuff to do close by...Very central and right on the beach! Ubatuba was Awesome!

Honestly couldnt have had a better time in Ubatuba staying at this place. Unfortunately Vini was away but the other guys - Gabriel, Bamboo and David all took great care of us, even small things like getting us good deals on pizza or driving to a pharmacy, and we loved having Vini around on the final day. They know the area and all the great beaches and are good surf teachers as well. Very comfortable and clean rooms, chilled atmosphere, amazing beaches and an amazing place. Go there!