Green House Hostel Reviews

Rua Edmundo de Barros 1130, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

We stayed for a couple nights with a group 8 of friends to go visit the Iguazu falls. Nice hostel in a good location. The staff was very helpfull and we had a very good time. Recomended!

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Norway

Pleasant hostel, secure parking, very obliging staff and great swimmming pool. Kitchen utensils need an upgrade.

pretty good all round. good value for money. pool is decent, Staff really helpful, i woke late for my flight to Rio. I told the woman at the desk and in 5 mins she had me in a fast cab to the airport. Made the flight so I was happy.

Really nice place, couldnt hope for better. Staff was excellent, they explained everything we needed to know. Take a taxi to get there if you arrive the airport at night.

Reception staff friendly & helped with a map of how to get bus to the falls but our bathroom had several hairs on the floor & sink, dirty towels, people came into our room unannounced who we didn't know on more than one occasion, one in the middle of the night (luckily our door was locked that time) & there were flies all over the meagre breakfast (selection was poor & sparse). Our bedroom backed onto the 'chill out' area which meant we could hear everything that was going there. AVOID

Thanks for your review. Our commitment is to do our best for everything, we deeply apologize if your stay wasn`t perfect and expectation weren`t exceeded. We'd prefer if you reported the entrance to the room situation right after, however you've booked to a private room, in this case, door is supposed to keep locked. Also, we encourage and we love when guests report problem of any generous during the stay, so we can manage anything and make changes to provide a great service during the stay!

First impressions weren't the best but this place was awesome, I stayed in 8 person dorm big room with good a/c you have your own locker,breakfast included (this could do with cereal and yogurt) to make it the best. FYI No outdoor alcohol,you have to buy your alcohol there from the bar a bit steep I think-Not to worry there is a little bar around the corner to the left that does awesome big hamburgers ( 4.50reals ea) and beer (4.50 600ml and 1L 6 reals) (get a group together and go there.

Super hostel with a great vibe. The dorms were spacious with air con and the bathrooms were clean. Showers had hot water. The hostel itself was a good size with lots of area to socialise and relax in. The swimming pool was great, too. Good location for getting a bus to the falls. Recommended!

I can't say enough good things about this hostel. We originally were meant to stay for 2 days but we loved it so much we extended 2 more times. The atmosphere was great and we made some good friends. The staff are very welcoming and helpful. The facilities are good too, we cooked almost every night and would all chip in for group meals like our lovely Christmas meal. Overall, It's definitely the nicest hostel I've stayed at.

• 18th Dec 2014

Super friendly and helpful staff, clean, good wifi, good showers...don't have anything bad to say!

I had a great stay at Green House Hostel. The staff was really friendly and helpful and the facilities were super nice especially for the price. It felt cozy and relaxing. It's pretty close to the bus stop for the Iguassu and the airport. The only thing is that you need to bring your own locks for lockers. But other than that I would definitely stay there again and I highly recommend it to other travelers.

• 2nd Dec 2014

Very lovely staff - family run, so very warm and accommodating.

Really good hostel! Close to the city, close to the bus, close to iguacu falls. Staff are very kind and will always help you. Big rooms, bar, pool! This was one of the best places I've stayed in.

Ok hostel. Wouldn't stay for more then two days (enough to see the falls and it was close). Staff was not super helpful when you needed help with busses, they should have a timetable available somewhere in the hostel, not just say: "every 30min's" about all the busses.

• 24th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

Hello Alexander, Thanks for the review. We love to help, maybe you can say we were a bit outdated, by the way we are waiting for the company to send us the precises information. Best regards!

Really lovely hostel which was super clean and well set up. Facilities were fantastic, not to mention the pool - so great! Only disappointing thing was that there was hardly anyone there at all and so there was not any real atmosphere. In peak season I would imagine it to be one of the best spots in Foz.

Thank you for everything, good location and nice staff, very disponible for us ! Thank a lot !

The place is GREAT! The staff is super friendly and very helpful! The rooms, kitchen and bathroom were clean, the beds comfortable and the breakfast very decent. The WiFi was working OK and we were able to do the laundry for a good price. And the pool in the garden is AWESOME! :) Great value for the money. Totally recommended! Keep in going, Green House Hostel :) PS if you consider spening 1 night in Foz and 1 in Puerto - just stay in Foz for 2 nights! :)

The staff and their friends were absolutely brilliant! They were so helpful and super friendly....they made us feel at home,asked us to go with them whether it be for lunch,a night out etc and not offended if we declined(being slightly older than them) Thanks a lot Green House,

I stayed in a 6 bed-dorm, My room was full and at night was difficult to sleep because of the other ones * snoring all night long* Anyway , i didnt find anything to camplaing about the hostel, clean and good location. , recepcionists are really kind and helpful, i will go againg for sure.

Hello Fernanda, Thanks a lot for you review, we appreciated. Don't hesitate next time, coming to reception and talk us, we would figured out something to about it for you. Best regards!

Arrived like 4hours early and they let me shower and even check in due to hostel being quiet I guess. Staff super helpful and friendly. Great ping pong, pool and swimming pool facilities. Clean enough, good lockers, good kitchen, good wi-fi and pretty close to supermarket. Disappointing breakfast and not sure if we were a little ripped off with argentinian tour of falls to be honest. Reckon place would be really cool during high season.

Hello Richard, thanks a lot for your review, it's very important to us. Sorry, letting you down on the breakfast item. About the tour, we'd like to say, it's a reasonable price, if you consider it includes a round trip, border procedures, a bilingual guide, the entrance fee for the Argentenean National Park, and a visit to the 3 lands mark. Thanks a lot for being here.

I enjoyed staying there, the only drawback is that the hostel is maybe a bit far away from everything, especially the bus terminal.

Hello Jean, We appreciated your review. Hostel is located 1 block from the centre of the city, near by most of the things. From the terminal it's not really that close, but it's easy and fast to take the bus for a very low price. Best regards.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5