Green House Hostel Reviews

Rua Edmundo de Barros 1130, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

A bit far away from the centre

nice clean hostel, close to the middle of town, friendly staff

My friend and I were the only people staying at the hostel, and we kind of felt we were intruding the staff when we went outside the room into the common areas. It was freezing in our room the first day and we couldn't turn on the heater. The second day our bathroom and room stank of sewage. It was horrible and the staff offered us another room but with only one Night left, we decided to just stay there. The hostel might be much nicer in the summer though, with a kitchen and pool outside.

Thanks for your time, we apologize about the problem in the bathroom. It was a random event and solved already Heater was working properly and we were promptly to help when you asked! We’ll start showing guests how to make it work while introducing the room We're more than happy to spend time with our guests, and I have to say we weren't the only 2 people in the hostel: Hostel area is big including an annex with private rooms, as it was winter time people stayed in.

Brilliant hostel. Best we've stayed in.

Great hostel. Staff very friendly

• 2nd Sep 2013

2 negative points: - Swimming pool unusable as very dirty and not cleaned. Very disappointed !!! - No access to the wifi in the bedroom (but access from the reception, nice room with large sofa).

• 30th Aug 2013

Dear guest, thanks for your opinion, The swimming pool is cleaned and treated properly. We believe it was a sporadic situation and we apologize for that. There’s wi-fi in all rooms on the main wing, but not in the privates of the annex. We are going to provide it soon over there.

I can't say enough good things about this hostel. The staff went beyond the call of duty in providing information re: what to do and how to best go about exploring the sights. They also helped immensely when personal issues threatened to derail the vacation. Excellent value for money and in a very good part of town -- not super-central but "close enough" with enough distance to create atmosphere and some space.

The staff were excellent - Very helpful and friendly. The hostel is located near bus stops that take you direct to the falls, the dam and the bird park - worth seeing.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Green House. The staff was super nice and helpful with organizing tours or giving info on how to do the trips on your own. The hostel was really clean and there were lockers for valuables. The shower was warm for South American standards :) The location is good. It's just a short walk (~5 min) to the bus to the falls and to a big grocery store. I would absolutely recommend this hostel. I also recommend getting to know the staff, they're awesome!

I had a great time at the Green House and the staff were so helpful. Thank you Grasiela! ~:D Xx

We really enjoyed our stay in the green house! The staff did their best for feeling their guests confortable and welcome. However the green house is not in the very centre of Foz, the distance to supermarket, restaurants and busstop isn't far at all! Excellent garden and pool to chill after a hot day. The breakfast was absolutely the best we had in South-America!

• 30th Jul 2013

I stayed here in a double room with my boyfriend and we even had our own little (basic) ensuite. The staff are excellent and speak English really well. Hostel located 5 min walk from bus line 120 which takes you to the Falls themselves and to the airport. Supermarkets very close too . The hostel is very clean and has two reasonably well equipped kitchens.

I stayed at the green house hostel during a cold spell in Iguacu. The hostel had NO central heating and it was freezing. They supplied big blankets for the beds but I needed 2 of these plus my 3 season sleeping bag. The breakfast was the most basic I've had in SA. Just bread cheese ham jam. I imagine it would be lovely in the height of summer (pool and garden out back) but the whole hostel was so cold and the hot water was a dribble from the shower. Staff were excellent though

• 22nd Jul 2013

Thanks for your opinion! We appreciate your comment, it helps us to improve our service! For breakfast, we also serve fruits, cakes and cheese bread: "Pão de queijo"; anyway we've had the thought about reformulating it. We are working on it! There is air conditionig and heater in all rooms. It's the same decice for cold and hot air! Thanks again for your review!

The best of the hostel is the great atmosphere with the staff and the other people staying there.

I liked the hostel actually a lot. The only thing is that it has just two toilets and if the hostel is full you might have to wait a while.

English: Good localization, confortable space but no have much activites to do in the hostel. The room beside at the pool is terrible to sleep, the kitchen is not very well equiped. Portugues: Boa localização, espaço confortável, mas não têm muito atividades para fazer no albergue. O quarto ao lado da piscina é terrível para dormir, a cozinha não é muito bem equipado.

We appreciate all guests' opinion, which is important for the hostel. Kitchen is equipped with oven, microwave, blender, mixer, juice squeezer, water filter, coffee pot, great amount of plates, glasses, tupwares, pots, frying pans, small accessories and seasonigs There's a bar, game room, TV room, DVD, videoke, wi-fi, pool table, swimming pool, barbecu place. We are going to have a ping pong tennis, and some capoeira and dance classes to afford interaction among the guests.

This hostel was one of the nicest I have stayed at in south america. From the great back yard with pool and places to chill to the upper balcony in the back with hammocks. The lounge area where the TV was, is also very nice. I would recommend this place. And it's super easy to get the the falls from here.

We've stayed at the hostel for four nights during the low season, so it was a little empty. They're well located, near lots of bars and restaurantes, where you can go by walking. The breakfast was amazing, with fruits and fresh bread every day and there are an amazing back yard, with a pool, a bar and a barbecue place. The hostel´s owner, Graziele, is the cutest person ever, She took incredible care of us during our trip!

great hostel. Very friendly and helpful staff. Fast internet, decent breakfast. Close to the bus to the falls and bird park but not a lot around the hostel in the immediate area in terms of restaurants and bars

The hostel had good security which was good since the area didn´t seem to be that great. We were the only two people in the hostel when we stayed (May) so the atmosphere wasn´t great. It did have a pool table and a TV room though so it could be good when more people are there. The kitchen facilities were excellent but the room was full of bugs including wasps. Thankfully we had our own mosquito nets so we slept sound but if not it would´ve been hard to sleep. Location was good and staff helpful

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4