Green House Hostel Reviews

Rua Edmundo de Barros 1130, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Great place to stay. Be sure not to miss the beef served there. The cook is a great guy!

This is an amazing hostel, the staff was great and was very knowledgeable, the facilities (pool, table tennis and pool) was great and also had a hot shower!! Also the bar men / chef was great and gave the place that little extra with his amazing cooking (very large portions) and personality. Would defiantly stay again and has been a shame I have left but have to continue my travels!! Green House Hostel ROCKS!!

• 15th Jul 2014

Great hostel and staff very helpful in organising trips to the falls.

The facilities are not so good. While I was taking a shower at night, the hot water was over suddenly and I smelled a burnt taste, I felt scared and I found the electrical wires connecting the burner and the shower were exposed so it might have potential danger of fire, more maintenance is needed. Also, the toilet was not very clean and the flush didn't work sometimes. However, I think the staff are all very nice, they are eager to give us information about the tourist spots in Foz.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

No Wi-fi in rooms. Bed sheets are not replaced daily.

Great customer service in the hostel, willingness to help and excellent attitude, the breakfast is great as well with a lot of variety, they have a very cute cat as well. we recommend it

We booked a private suite and when we arrived it was clear they had converted a 4 person dorm to a private. They did not have a key to lock the room and had no lockers in the room either. We asked for a different room that had a key and they moved us to a 6 bed dorm that had two bunk beds and two twin beds, which we pushed together. We noticed a smell in the bathroom, which turned out to be cat poop that was hidden under the bath mat. The staff was very friendly, accommodating and helpful.

Great place to stay. Friendly and helpful staff. Bar and food were amazing!

• 12th Jun 2014

Only reason it gets a low-ish atmosphere rating is because it was low season and there weren't many people there, which is not the hostels fault at all. I would easily stay here again!!

A bit far away from the centre

nice clean hostel, close to the middle of town, friendly staff

My friend and I were the only people staying at the hostel, and we kind of felt we were intruding the staff when we went outside the room into the common areas. It was freezing in our room the first day and we couldn't turn on the heater. The second day our bathroom and room stank of sewage. It was horrible and the staff offered us another room but with only one Night left, we decided to just stay there. The hostel might be much nicer in the summer though, with a kitchen and pool outside.

Thanks for your time, we apologize about the problem in the bathroom. It was a random event and solved already Heater was working properly and we were promptly to help when you asked! We’ll start showing guests how to make it work while introducing the room We're more than happy to spend time with our guests, and I have to say we weren't the only 2 people in the hostel: Hostel area is big including an annex with private rooms, as it was winter time people stayed in.

Brilliant hostel. Best we've stayed in.

Great hostel. Staff very friendly

• 2nd Sep 2013

2 negative points: - Swimming pool unusable as very dirty and not cleaned. Very disappointed !!! - No access to the wifi in the bedroom (but access from the reception, nice room with large sofa).

• 30th Aug 2013

Dear guest, thanks for your opinion, The swimming pool is cleaned and treated properly. We believe it was a sporadic situation and we apologize for that. There’s wi-fi in all rooms on the main wing, but not in the privates of the annex. We are going to provide it soon over there.

I can't say enough good things about this hostel. The staff went beyond the call of duty in providing information re: what to do and how to best go about exploring the sights. They also helped immensely when personal issues threatened to derail the vacation. Excellent value for money and in a very good part of town -- not super-central but "close enough" with enough distance to create atmosphere and some space.

The staff were excellent - Very helpful and friendly. The hostel is located near bus stops that take you direct to the falls, the dam and the bird park - worth seeing.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Green House. The staff was super nice and helpful with organizing tours or giving info on how to do the trips on your own. The hostel was really clean and there were lockers for valuables. The shower was warm for South American standards :) The location is good. It's just a short walk (~5 min) to the bus to the falls and to a big grocery store. I would absolutely recommend this hostel. I also recommend getting to know the staff, they're awesome!

I had a great time at the Green House and the staff were so helpful. Thank you Grasiela! ~:D Xx

We really enjoyed our stay in the green house! The staff did their best for feeling their guests confortable and welcome. However the green house is not in the very centre of Foz, the distance to supermarket, restaurants and busstop isn't far at all! Excellent garden and pool to chill after a hot day. The breakfast was absolutely the best we had in South-America!

• 30th Jul 2013