Green House Hostels Reviews

Tronador 4651, Avenida Bustillo KM 4.7, Bariloche, Argentina

We had a fantastic stay at Green House, Chino is super helpful and there is a great atmosphere. The hostel is a little way out of town, so travel by bike and bus is required. For booking off-peak, I'd book a car to do a couple of day trips as some of the buses aren't so regular, but the best way to get around is by bike, which you can hire from the hostel! The ONLY downside is the beds aren't super comfortable, but the rooms are great, and the communal kitchen / living area is perfect.

This hostel was chosen on the basis of reviews and I wasn't disappointed. Yes, it is a little out of town, but I liked it for that. It had a very sociable atmosphere and as I was traveling on my own, that was very welcome. Chino made me very welcome and organized a group of us to go on a tour of the 7 lakes. Lots of advise given, whether you want to go on a tour or do your own thing. Breakfasts are good but useful to supplement the Argentinian carbs with fruit. Buy wine and relax!

Nice hostel located almost 5km from town. Friendly and helpful staff.

The hostel is located outside of Bariloche (around 4 km from center) in a quite area. The house is very nice and well equipped. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. We did rent bikes at the hostel, got our laundry done and received a lot of advices and help there. The rooms (private double) are beautiful, spacious and very clean. It's like an own appartment. Perfect location for some relaxing days or outdoor activities.

Everything was very good! Just by the Cruz del Sur-terminal, a shop, bank and beautiful sunsets. Best shower in a long, long time, good breakfast with cheese (!) and a big kitchen. All very clean so nothing to complain about at all actually! Great place!

Thank you very much for the time at your hostel. Though I was sick the hole time, especially Bryan cared a lot and brougt me to the doc. Thank you so much for that! I would always recommend that friendly hostel!

Very nice hostel with great athmosphere and people, just a little outside of town.

Nice hostel. Bit out of the city center, but you can easily hitchhike or take a bus into town. Owner of the hostel is very friendly. The 8 bed-room felt quite crammed, other rooms looked more spacious.

Awesome atmosphere and great facilities. Breakfast was something to look forward to every morning as well. Thanks for the great experience!

Loved this hostel! The staff were so friendly and helpful. Location is just a short bus ride from the city centre. Would highly recommend this hostel to anyone heading to Bariloche.

Love Green House Hostel. A really beautiful hostel with comfortable beds, sparkling clean bathrooms and kitchen (with the BEST cooking utensils I have ever seen in hostels... I cooked and baked a lot there). Great social vibes, lots of cool people. Some people may find it being away from the centre, but honestly, who wants to stay in the centre? I stayed there for 5 days and I didn't even bother to go there. The location is amazing with good environments, layback and BONITA.

Dinner of the day as not communicated

not smack bang in the middle of town - it's 4.7km. means its more relaxed - not a noisy urban area. closer to the main attactions such as bike riding, etc. also buses into town go past every 15-20mins or so. they also provide a bus pass on check in. nice big grill - we cooked our own asado on that twice. Brian was very helpful.

This is such a warm, tranquil, inviting spot! The front desk (and owner, Brian) are über helpful and there's all you need (including a grocery store) close at hand. You can rent bikes for a 30-km bike ride around the bay and through the glorious mountains--totally recommend and the bus stop is about 2 blocks away to get anywhere else. Breakfast is pretty awesome too!

One of the best hostels I've ever been! Great location: 5km from the city centre, which is great because all main attractions are outside the centre. Very nice and clean hostel, with a very good breakfast (coffee, tea, mil, juice, toasts with butter, jam and dulce de leche!). Bathrooms with very good showers. Brian and Chino are doing great helping you with everything you need. Definitely would come back here again.

A great little hostel. One of the best I've experienced in ARG. Outside of town, but right above a bus stop with regular buses going both into town and towards the sights. The staff are very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I was loaned a bus card to use during my stay. Beds were comfortable and sturdy (no being woken up by your bunk mate turning over),showers were hot and clean. Kitchen was big and well-equipped, with a breakfast bar so you could talk to other guests while cooking.

It's a great hostel with helpful and friendly staff. We had a really nice time there. Thank you Brian)

• 8th Jan 2014

Loved this hostel so much I stayed for a month! Owner Brian did an excellent job designing it to be a fun and comfortable place for travelers: excellent kitchen, new parilla, nice outdoor patio, big common area great for eating, working, or hanging out. Bunk beds even each have individual charging stations! Hostel is kept spotless and staff are super friendly and full of helpful info. Location is far enough from town to be peaceful (close to a secret beach!), but accessible by bus. Perfect!

Green house hostel is about 7km out of the dead center of town, closer towards most of the attractions. Which is good as there isn't a lot to do in town anyway. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Greenhouse. It has a super chilled our vibe and a really big common area downstairs with couches and music playing. People were just happy to hang out and chat. The kitchen is about the biggest I have ever seen at a hostel. The staff are really, helpful and speak excellent English they supplied us with