Green House Hostels Reviews

Tronador 4651, Avenida Bustillo KM 4.7, Bariloche, Argentina

Good hostel, nice big communal area for meeting people. Santiago works really hard and always tries to help you out with whatever you need - he even drove us to the supermarket when the volcano erupted in Chile and covered the town in dust, then organised a party in the hostel! Nice rooms, nice view, all good.

We had a lovely stay at this hostel which had a cosy home-like feel. Although it is around 4km from the center of town the bus extremely easy and cheap to take, plus we walked the distance a couple of times which made a really pleasant walk, and gave us more time to take in the amazing scenery. The staff were also really friendly and helpful. They'll go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and also double up as amazing chefs! Would definitely recommend!

• 15th Apr 2015

Awesome spot - wonderful and helpful staff. Great communial spaces and befriended fellow travelers.

• 13th Apr 2015

Real nice guys, real nice. Santiago and Brian absolute legends. If your looking for a chilled out vibe in an awesome hostel this is the one you'll choose.

Amazing hostel! Only trouble is that it is a bit out of town, although there is a good bus service along the main road by the lake and other main road. Within walking distance of supermarket and a few pubs, would recommend!

Probably the best hostel we stayed at in South America! Cozy, very clean little hostel with only 20 beds. They had double booked the dorm when we arrived so offered us 2 mattresses in the sittings oot upstairs for one night. We actually liked it there so we didn't move into the dorm! On our third night we were given a private room at no extra cost, amazing. The breakfast is great. The location is good also as within the national park - you do not need to go into town for anything.

I have actually traveled extensively; and Green House is the best place I have ever stayed for these reasons: It feels more like a welcoming stay-in than a hostel The staff are very personal: they often cook dinner, always provide maps and bus cards, and sometimes even go out with their guests They even fixed my sister's sunglasses that broke The place is clean and there is a great vibe I booked for 3 days and ended up staying 6! Brian y Chino- les extraño, un abrazo, besitos!

• 6th Mar 2015

Great hostel experience! Green House was recommended to me by a friend who stayed there the year before and I'm thrilled that I took her advice! I was actually really glad that the hostel was located a few kilometers from town because it was easier to access the rest of the area such as trailheads to great hikes and some of the excellent breweries that Bariloche had to offer. Brian and Chino were both great guys and extremely helpful. Green House was definitely a highlight of my trip!

• 5th Mar 2015

Staying here was like going to a friend's ski cabin or lake house. Presuming your friend is a really great host, super tidy, and cooks really awesome dinners. We booked for two nights, and ended up staying four. Even so, it didn't feel long enough, and we were sad to say goodbye to this home away from home. The guys that run this place are really great. Their relaxed and friendly attitude is contagious, and definitely creates a social atmosphere among the guests.

Very friendly and helpful staff! They provided information on things to see and do in the area, providing a map and pointing out area attractions. Great atmosphere as well. Minor gripe: fix men's toilet by installing a new seat, especially with only two toilets on that floor. Other than that, I would highly recommend staying here.

The staff was super nice and super helpful, they cook dinner (I had grilled sausage one night and it was delicious), the rooms were clean and so were the bathrooms, a super nice environment. It's a bit out of town but they state that upfront and let me borrow a bus pass for the duration of my stay, and it is opposite of a public beach, right near a major bus stop and a grocery store. As a shorty, I think they should get ladders for the bunk beds, but that is my only complaint.

• 6th Feb 2015

Really helpful and good-mooded staff! clean, a really nice livingroom, good atmosphere as well. Just a bit small rooms.

Awesome place, awesome staff, a bit far from town but worth it.

Great hostel, more like a big house. Staff very friendly and helpful, good knowledge of area (routes, bike rentals etc)

I've been traveling for years now, all over the world and I can honestly say this is the best hostel I've stayed at. Ever! And the owner, Brian, runs the show and is one top notch dude! Also Chino, the other staff member, was so kind and helpful. Everything about it, the building, beds, bathrooms, kitchen, common areas, breakfast, service, location, atmosphere. Its unreal how incredible it all was. Such a great experience! Do yourself a favor and come stay here on your visit to Bariloche. Do it!

Had a great stay there, everyone was friendly and helpful. A little bit outside the main town but that added to the relaxed vibe and it's easy to get there by bus. We took the hour long walk along the water (and highway) to the city centre and didn't mind at all. Wifi was great and breakfast was a generous amount of cereal and toast, orange juice, coffee, and tea.

• 10th Dec 2014

We had a really good time and we miss the time at the Green House Hostel. We met awesome people and the atmosphere was excellent. Fernet is the great, you have to try it :D Brian is very helpful even in personal needs. If you want to go to Bariloche you have to book this hostel! It's amazing!

A really good hostel, with nice views of the lake from some of the rooms. It's clean, has a typical Argentine breakfast and the kitchen is one of the best ones I've seen on my travels. The staff are very helpful and have a wealth of knowledge about walks, activities, tours etc. It also has a great social atmosphere although it is not a party hostel.