Green House Hostels Reviews

Tronador 4651, Avenida Bustillo KM 4.7, Bariloche, Argentina

I liked my stay at Green House Hostel. If you are looking for a place to calm down and enjoy nature this hostel might be the right choice for you with an great few at the lake. The staff is really friendly and helpful. It was one of the cleanest hostels I have seen so far.

• 17th Aug 2015

We had a lovely stay and were, overall, impressed with the hostel and staff. We were disappointed, however, with Brian: a few times, he said things like, "I can drop you off, I'm headed that way" or "Text me and I'll pick you up from the slopes early," but then left the hostel without us our didn't respond to our texts. I would rather not have received those offers (which exceeded or expectations from a hostel!) than receive them and then experience the disappointment of Brian flaking out on us.

Had a great stay here! Booked 2 nights, ended up staying 5! Thanks for all, had the best time :) missing Bariloche already!

I had a great experience staying at Green House Hostel and would highly recommend it. This hostel is super nice and clean and the staff is incredible. It's a few km outside of the downtown, but just a quick bus or remis away. I stayed in one of the private rooms and it was more like a hotel room than a hostel.

We had a terrific stay at Green House. Our private room was the best we've had in South America! It was very cosy with a view of the lake. There weren't many people around as it was almost winter but the atmosphere was still really friendly and social. Everything was clean, staff were really helpful and we loved the location. We would highly recommend!

This is a 5-star hostel. Great WiFi, strong hot water, comfortable bed and clean space. The hostel is outside of the city center, but there are buses to everywhere. When we arrived the hostel, they already prepared the bus card for us. Very sweet. Besides, if you wake up early or just not sleep, you could see wonderful sunrise just from the window of the room. It is better to stay here than in the center!

Good hostel, nice big communal area for meeting people. Santiago works really hard and always tries to help you out with whatever you need - he even drove us to the supermarket when the volcano erupted in Chile and covered the town in dust, then organised a party in the hostel! Nice rooms, nice view, all good.

I love this hostel - so much so that 2 days turned into 5 weeks! It's cool, comfortable, cosy and clean. Not to mention excellent value. The rooms are spacious, lockers are huge and beds are comfortable. Showers are hot all day. The kitchen has everything. The wifi is really good all over the hostel. The location isnt central but is actually closer to most places of interest and you can get everything else you need close by. Despite my extended stay I will be back. Thanks guys, miss you already!

We had a lovely stay at this hostel which had a cosy home-like feel. Although it is around 4km from the center of town the bus extremely easy and cheap to take, plus we walked the distance a couple of times which made a really pleasant walk, and gave us more time to take in the amazing scenery. The staff were also really friendly and helpful. They'll go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and also double up as amazing chefs! Would definitely recommend!

• 15th Apr 2015

Awesome spot - wonderful and helpful staff. Great communial spaces and befriended fellow travelers.

• 13th Apr 2015

Real nice guys, real nice. Santiago and Brian absolute legends. If your looking for a chilled out vibe in an awesome hostel this is the one you'll choose.

Fantastic hostel with very helpful, friendly, chill staff. The kitchen and common areas are a great place to hangout and meet people, and the rooms are comfortable. The views of the lake are an added bonus! Not in the town center, but has easy access to buses that will get you there in just a few minutes. I would absolutely stay here again!

Amazing hostel! Only trouble is that it is a bit out of town, although there is a good bus service along the main road by the lake and other main road. Within walking distance of supermarket and a few pubs, would recommend!

Probably the best hostel we stayed at in South America! Cozy, very clean little hostel with only 20 beds. They had double booked the dorm when we arrived so offered us 2 mattresses in the sittings oot upstairs for one night. We actually liked it there so we didn't move into the dorm! On our third night we were given a private room at no extra cost, amazing. The breakfast is great. The location is good also as within the national park - you do not need to go into town for anything.

I have actually traveled extensively; and Green House is the best place I have ever stayed for these reasons: It feels more like a welcoming stay-in than a hostel The staff are very personal: they often cook dinner, always provide maps and bus cards, and sometimes even go out with their guests They even fixed my sister's sunglasses that broke The place is clean and there is a great vibe I booked for 3 days and ended up staying 6! Brian y Chino- les extraño, un abrazo, besitos!

• 6th Mar 2015

Great hostel experience! Green House was recommended to me by a friend who stayed there the year before and I'm thrilled that I took her advice! I was actually really glad that the hostel was located a few kilometers from town because it was easier to access the rest of the area such as trailheads to great hikes and some of the excellent breweries that Bariloche had to offer. Brian and Chino were both great guys and extremely helpful. Green House was definitely a highlight of my trip!