Green House - Taksim Reviews

Cumhuriyet Cad. Paproncalli sok NO:15 Elmadağ, Istanbul, Turkey

We arrived in this small hostel in Taksim and the first thing that we have noticed was that it was really characteristic. The guys at the reception have been really kind, funny and did everything to help us. Unfortunately the place is really old, dirty and smelly. There were cracks on the walls, and the walls were dirty and moldy. It is really a pity that a really nice place like that, with wonderful people working in it, is in those conditions.

• 28th Jan 2014

Friendly staff, breakfast is a little lacking and the heat also could run a little more.

It was our pleasure to host you. Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again and wish you all the best, GreenHouse Team

Great room, friendly and helpful staff

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to find me a room when I needed to stay another night and they were already booked. Great location too. Right by Taksim and a great kabob shop. This was one of my favorite hostels I've stayed in, and I've been traveling continuously for three years now.

• 29th Nov 2013

Thank you for your kind review. We hope to host you again. Take care. GreenHouse Team

This is a very nice place to stay in Taksim, however it's a bit far from the attractions on the other side of the bridge, like Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Bazaar, etc. The WIFI was difficult, but overall my one-night stay here was fine for what I needed prior to catching my flight home. I'd recommend this to people who want to stay near Taksim and have already seen the other Istanbul attractions.

The staff were extremely friendly and courteous, going above and beyond to recommend dining places and help us with a few phone calls we needed to receive and make as we didn't have a local phone. We booked a private room but when we got there they recommended the apartment across the street since there was no one in it. It was very cozy, extra privacy, only missing a kitchen to be perfect. And something really important for me -- the internet was screaming fast. Highly recommend this hostel.

• 29th Oct 2013

Pretty dirty, there was dust all over the carpet, from entrance to inside the room. There's no decent place to take a shower, all they have for the whole building is a poor shower inside the toilet, you might stand on the toilet or hold it if you wanna shower. No greeting, no maps, no kind of information when we arrived. Location is convenient, close to Taksim Square and few meters from airport shuttle bus.

Great spot if you want to be close to Taksim sq and Istiklai street. Not a great place for chilling out or meeting people. Clean and comfortable enough- especially by Istanbul standards.