Green Lizard Hostel Reviews

Domovinskog rata 13, Hvar, Croatia

Best Staff of any hostel I've been to, always welcoming! Speak perfect English too!

• 20th Aug 2014

Great hostel, a really relaxed atmosphere. Tanya, Mark and the hostel rep Ed, all fantastic. Would definitely stay here again!!

If you want to meet nice people and enjoy your time in Hvar, I defenetly recommand you The green lisard hostel!!!

loved this hostel

Awesome hostel! Had a great few nights here. Friendly staff and good place to chill out and meet people.

A brilliant hostel with lovely, fun loving staff (big shout out to Andrea and Special Ed.) The hostel itself is clean and secure with beautiful views over the bay. Very social atmosphere, would reccomend to anyone

Such a nice place, only a short walk from the bay, which was very convenient. Incredibly nice staff, helpful to the point of lending me a phone whilst mine was lost, offering information about local attractions, inviting me out to join them to visit places on the island (cliff jumping, insane), and rallying the entire hostel to mingle and go on nights out initially as a group. The rooms were clean and the lockers secure- at no point did I worry about any of my belongings. Overall, a top place

• 24th Jul 2014

I found this hostel overpriced for what it was. Not particularly comfy beds, little space and one electric point for a room of 7.

I am truly sorry to hear about your experience but if you had talked to us we would have been happy to help in any way possible. We could have offered you to move to another bed or a different room. We apologize for the inconvenience of not being able to charge your electric equipment with ease due to limited number of power points in the room in which you were staying. We have taken your comment into account and placed an extension lead with multiple sockets in the room.

Really good social atmosphere and clean beds. Only tip is that the bunk beds are a bit low so you can't sit up on the bottom. Reception guys are awesome!

Nice hostel with friendly staff and decent facilities. Best for young travellers who are looking to make friends and have a good night out in Hvar

We had an amazing time at the Green Lizard and especially enjoyed cooking and eating dinner on the outdoor terrace (which has an excellent view of the sea!) The atmosphere was very relaxed and we met some very cool people!

• 21st Jul 2014

Great hostel if you want a sociable atmosphere with people to go out with. Only security was the room locks rather than access to the hostel, so security wasn't great. The rooms were so hot as there was no air con or fans. However good price for the island, good location (supermarket nearby), good outdoor kitchen and helpful staff.

Very good hostel. Would recommend. Very good to party in the evening time and then it is also a great place to chill out during the day. Would really recommend it.

I was planning on staying at the Green Lizard hostel for one week, but after three days back in Split I was on the ferry coming back. I stayed here for 12 days and had an ABSOLUTE BLAST. I have been traveling for four months and this has been one of the best hostels, THE BEST STAFF I HAVE MET. If you're coming to Hvar, you only need to remember two words. GREEN. LIZARD. you'll have a great time in this socially fueled hostel! See you in a year or two. The one and only, Josh.

Staff were very helpful. They would try to help you even you passed by. No keys for the room but passcode. So you have to have good memory or write it down. My dorm was near to the kitchen and rest area. Was so noisy as people were playing games with clapping hands and tapping table. Well, but they stopped around 2315. That's fine. Nice environment. Could have better direction to hostel. A bit difficult to find......... Anyway, was a happy stay =)

Quite expensive for the price but all in all everything was fine

BEST HOSTEL WHERE I HAVE BEEN! Seriously loved Hvar and this hostel just made it to be even more perfect! The staff were amazingly nice and I really enjoyed talking with them, thank you soo much! Also the attmosphere was really really good! You could go bed early if you felt so but if you were ready to go out you defenitely didn't need to go alone! Positivities: atmosphere, staff, outdoor common place, location! Even I traveled alone I always had someone to be with:)

Wifi was a bit of an issue and was mainly able to be accessed in limited areas which was a bit of an inconvenience as the common areas are limited and mainly outside and weather did not permit the usage of these spaces.

A great place to stay with really polite and friendly staff who couldn't do enough. The kitchen outside is a great way to cook and socialise.

Highly recommend this hostel if your staying in Hvar, great location, meet awesome people and staff are sound. Made Hvar even better.

• 5th Jul 2014