Green Park Village Guesthouse Reviews

#304, National Road #6, Phum Dorkpo, Sangkat Slorkram, Siem Reap, Siem Reap, Cambodia

I spent good time there, but the location of the hosel is far from the downtown. The staff could bring you for free with tuk tuk in the center, but come back you have to find a tuck tuck for yourself. Many rooms are with out air co and on this web site there aren't explain witch one. If you want the aircon you should to pay 5 dollars more. The laundry is very expencive 1 dollar 1 kg, restaurant also expensive. Very very friendly the 2 guys at reception.

Hostel a bit out of the centre but they have a free tuktuk service into town. We had the superior room and it was great. Good bed, fridge, big room. Shower could be better, bath is unnecessary. There are alot of tuktuk drivers hanging around and sometimes they were serving food or helping to check in. It was weird and a big unprofessional. One time a tuktuk driver came up to our room to ask what our plans were, that's not ok. Food was good btw and good value same as room.

great place! a bit off centre but the free tuktuk ride is ace! i booked a single room but as there was none available i got a free upgrade to a double room, yay! the bathroom was clean and really big! breakfast (i had fruit salad) was nice (unfortunately i was late the second day so i missed out on it). staff is friendly, easily got a hair dryer. also, i left my things for nearly a whole day after checking out - no problem at all. i was told there's no bikes to rent when i asked fot it though.

For $7 a night I got a private fan room, a clean bathroom 3 times the size of the one at home, free breakfast, airport shuttle, and transport into town. All the guys who work here definitely went out of the way to make me feel welcomed, and safe. The service in the restaurant is a little slow, so allow yourself time in the mornings but other than that I would say skip the overpriced places on pub street and eat here. The lobby is great for lounging and chatting with staff/travelers. loved it!

Best place we've stayed so far after 5weeks in Asia. Hot showers Very clean, great and friendly staff, free breakfast all for a cheap price! What more do you want. Only slight problem was the location, bit far out of town, but they have a free tuk tuk to the old town one way and its about $2 back so no biggy!

• 25th Feb 2014
  • Wales

Don´t be scared by the location, the shuttle is free, you can rent bikes for free and you can also walk, no worries! The staff is super friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and comfi. Breakfast (incl.)/Food is very delicious (fresh bread every morning!) We stayed there 10 days.

great place

I booked one week stayed three. Staff were helpful and friendly. The fact they offer a free ride in is great and you can get back for $2 you just need to barter them from $3. Only things I didn't like was the locks on the doors are not strong. Then mine broke and it wasn't fixed. I was next to reception and no effort was made to keep noise down after 6am a lot of yelling and carry on. So if your on the ground level ask to be away from reception. I would recommend to friends.

Nice big room and great staff. Carried our backpacks when we arrived late at night, which was exactly what we needed. They were always really helpful and smiling. Good food, though the staff here was a little slow and not always attentive (big fruit and bread market nearby - ideal for picnic lunch). The location isn't great, but the free shuttle to the center makes it better. Overall a good place if you just need a place to retreat to after a strenuous day at the temples.

Green park village is the best you can get with that money. The room was very nice and clean, the staff was lovely and very helpful. I would definetely visit it again while in siem reap. I like that it's next to the locals market. Thank you very much!! Regiina

A bit out of town (ie beer street) but there's a free tuktuk into town whenever you want. Between $2

Green Park is a great place to stay in Siem Reap for budget travelers. You get good value for your money. The rooms were nice and clean, and the atmosphere is good. Soam and Outu at the reception are awesome, and you should definitely talk with them. Green Park offers a lot of free stuff, but you have to ask for it, otherwise it might slip by. For example, they offer free pickups and dropoffs from airport / bus station, free breakfast, bicycles, water, etc., but you have to badger for it.

• 2nd Feb 2014
  • Kenya

Far from the center but free tuktuk service going there (coming back around 3$). But the staff there is awfully smoked (or whatever they took) and you have to ask everything twice to be sure they remember. Also for getting the free breakfast you wait about one hour for your coffee (if you remember them twice about your order). They are nice, no worries but not trustable and with a strange kind of easy going atmosphere you have just while being drugged. Funny for one night after it s annoying!

This is a bit out of the way but quiet. I had a double room for some reason... Delicious food! Although maybe a little wait. Free bike rental on a bike that may not operate to full specs. Had a private tour guide from one rep on his bike who was very helpful and not pushy like others

The manager, Saum was a very nice guy, and the staff did whatever they could to make us comfortable. I would totally recommend them anytime :).

A bit out of town, right next to public market, though. Comfy beds, pillows, rooms, okay water pressure, reasonable staff, wifi decent, breakfast tasty, good other meals cheap. Breakfast usually included a fruit plate. Ask for it with your order, though, or you might not get it. Power out sometimes, had to ask to have it turned back on in my room.

I had a good stay. -It may be good to upgrade the cycles available. There don't seem to be places nearby where cycles can be rented and the one I took from the hostel to go to Angkor was quite ordinary. - the room, laundry, tour suggestions - were all pretty good - the food could get a little better.

The staff at this hotel were so helpful and awesome! I stayed in a 16 person dorm (quite a few people) but it was pretty descent. I enjoyed my staff and for the price you really can't beat $6 a night. I mean c'mon! I would highly recommend this hostel!

The best hostel we have stayed in so far!!!! The rooms are very spacious, tv, fridge and ensuite bathroom. Wifi works well. Beds were clean. There weren't lockers in the room, but That didn't bother me. Delicious breakfast included with fruit and a drink each morning. Free tuk tuk ride into the market area and only a 2 US dollar ride back. I will recommend this place to all of my mates!

Rooms never got cleaned while we were there the place is very tidy though. hotel is far from the town but they have a free tuk tuk...one way. Staff are nice but untrustworthy, after check out I left my mobile on the bed than called up to say our friends would come over straight away to pick it up. The reception guy didn't bother to ask the cleaners about it as he told us that and apparently there was no iphone to be found when he looked. My fault for leaving it there it is asia just be safe.

• 15th Jan 2014