Green Studio Hostel & Lounge Reviews

Karadordeva 61, Belgrade, Serbia

Don't go here! Very unpolite personal. Very dirty rooms, toilets. But Belgrade city is great!

Nice staff, clean, good location. The only problem is that it was a bit disorganised and although we arrived after noon, we had to wait 2 hours to check in.

• 19th Jul 2015
  • Poland

The hostel moved and I couldn't find it and nobody knew where it was the new location. I stayed in another hostel. I don't recommend this hostel, not serious. Never happened something like this before.

The bed wasn't comfortable and the bathroom was dirty but non of this mattered because all the people working in the hostel were amazing. It felt like I was at home with my friends. Good strong wifi.

Left after the first night. Loud music played all night and all morning do we never slept. Now air conditioning and a terrible kitchen and bathroom. Staff were friendly but overall a bit too laddy!

Staff are welcoming and excellent in helping you find your way in Belgrade. The hostel has a great vibe and would recommend this place to anyone looking to get a taste of Belgrade youth culture

Was a bit strange really, a lot of refugees around the street sometimes coming into the apartment block, didn't fell quiet safe. but everything went well. Had a bed a shower and a kitchen so i guess thats all you need. The staff back at the studio are really cool, always wanting to party or do something. Cheap beers, free rakia.

Awesome atmosphere. If you like to party. Stay here !!

Great atmosphere, staff, and location!

Worth staying here if you're in Belgrade because it's so cheap. However you will notice why sometimes, it's a nice social place right next to the train and bus station , it could just use a handyman for a few things.

We had a really great stay at the hostel, the staff were helpful and friendly and the relaxed atmosphere made it easy to meet new people. Although the hostel was cleaned regularly, it smelt damp, particularly the bathroom and toilets, I think because the building is quite old. We stayed in another part of the hostel, a little way up the street from the main part. The location is perfect for the train and bus station but a little way out from the centre.

Pretty cool spot, staff were very helpful. Reasonably easy to spot and in good location. The 4 bed dorms are right above the reception and are rather noisy, but the 8 bed dorms are about 150m down the road and are good, quiet for when you want to sleep but still social with kitchen. Not really a bar but just reception selling beers and then the rooms down stairs is where people smoke.

PARTY HOSTEL! If you like to party and meet other party animals, go there! If you want to rest and relax, avoid Green Lounge. The reception building has loud music 24/7 BUT free shots of rakija (serbian alcool).

It was an absolutely amazing place! Best deal for the money ever in over 150 hostels experiences (in 70 countries)! Free everything (laundry, tea, coffee, ALCOHOL (Radkja), etc). Superb service by American and Serbian co-owners. Definitely stay at the lounge building. Stayed there for almost a month.

We were welcomed to this hostel with open arms. The staff was great and gave us Rakia and a Serbian dinner as soon as we walked in. We met some great people at a communal dinner and ended up partying with them the whole night! The actual rooms were a couple blocks away, but the living room was really nice. You keep you things in the living room lockers, which open with a key. Unfortunately, the room had no heat, and we were there in February, so it was pretty cold.

The hostel offers great value for money and a nice social atmosphere in the private lounge. The location is excellent and you also get free coffee and rakjia. If what you are looking for is a social hostel (it is not really a party hostel anymore) with a good vibe, located close to the sights, you should look no further. However, you should also expect some faults, mainly internet issues and some mornings without hot water. Cleanliness is also not great, but the price sort of gives that away

Nice location but the bathrooms were very dirty and they don't even have proper showers. The water was going everywhere in the bathroom

Getting to the hostel means walking up several dark staircases every time (not fun). The lockers were a mess, and some of the keys didn't work/opened up multiple lockers, and I did not feel like my things were safe. One of the bathrooms was out of order. The bus and train station are very close.

My experience at Green Studio Hostel was really cool! Everyone is very friendly and quick to be of assistance. The bed was comfy, and was very safe about my things... I normally worry about what I carry with me, but they have very big lockers available. I really enjoyed my welcome beer. Immediately made friends with the staff and the guest hanging out. Internet works great! The location is amazing, real close from everything and right next to the bus station. Definitely my place to come to.

Green hostel was great. Just across the street from the train station and right in the center of city... I am an artist / photographer and the area where the hostel is was the most inspiring of the whole city including the hostel building. Staff is the best, very fun and helpful, working 24 hours for anything you might need. See you all again!

• 4th Feb 2015