Green Tiger Vegetarian House Reviews

1/4, Soi 7, Sri Phum Road, A.Muang, Next to Golden Horse Temple, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Best dorm room I've ever stayed in Asia and Europe! Couldn't recommend it highly ENOUGH! The place was more like a resort then a hostel, Most comfortable beds, biggest dorm, amazing bathrooms and amazing staff! The food in the restaurant was also some of the best we've had! Book it, book it, book it, book it!

premium hostel for everyone!

My second stay here and was again a stellar experience. The staff is so friendly and helpful and even remembered me from the month before. The most comfortable hostel beds I've ever slept on, nice bathrooms and common area and refreshing pool. It's half private guest rooms so doesn't have the most socialable, party hostel atmosphere, but it's a great place to relax and take it Chiang Mai. They kindly kept my luggage while I went off to Elephant Nature Park for 2 days - a MUST see, by the way!

Highly recommended. I came to Chiang Mai on Sunday. Then walk to there from the Sunday market for about 15 Mins. I am surprised that there is a swimming pool! Thanks the owner Daniel. He is very kind and willing to assist visitors.

Great hotel/hostel combination in a quiet corner of the old city, but still within walking distance of the main sites. The girls at the reception are super friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is laid-back and quiet (no party hostel this, thankfully) and the common area is one of the best I ever seen, where you can order delicious food and smoothies - or take dip in the small swimming pool.

I LOVED this hostel. Probably one of the best ones I've ever stayed in. The rooms were so nice with very comfy beds and the lockers provided were huge. The free tea, coffee and toast all day was really nice as well. The staff was very helpful and on my first day the owner came up to me and made sure I had everything I needed. I have been recommending this place to everyone and will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Chiang Mai.

Extremely good hostel, one of the best I've stayed at. Lovely friendly atmosphere, great relaxed place to meet fellow travellers. Not a party hostel but very sociable. The owners are a lovely couple, really friendly and care a lot for their guests.

Located in the northern end f the square....Fantastic place to stay.... Stayed here for three days during the lantern festival.... Enjoyed everything in there.... Man n staffs who runs de place was very helpful n de prices n places dey recommended for the day trips n other are very reasonable.... The only negetive thing was the place was too sophisticated n u don't get to meet the young travelers are lot.... But... For all the facilities they offer.... I don't spending another week in there....

Modern, super clean dorms with backpacker conveniences in mind, though mostly private guest rooms so it has more of an older crowd and not a real backpacker vibe with not too many Westerners. That said, the beds are as good as home nd it's a lovely, comfortable common space with good cafe and a pool, so if you're looking for R&R and a deal for an a/c dorm, this is the place! The owners and staff are awesome - genuinely friendly and helpful beyond what is required - would totally stay here again.

Outstanding experience. First, the service: very friendly and helpful. Daniel went out of his way to help me when I had special requests. Room/bathroom: cleaned every day and pretty much spotless. Finally, common areas: beautifully decorated, comfortable and a great place to meet fellow travelers. Also in a great area, safe enough for me (a solo female traveler) and easily walkable. I will absolutely stay here again next time I'm in Chiang Mai!

Nice hostel with great people working there. Beds big and comfy. I think chiang mai is safe but elsewise. Had a room on ground floor which was easily accessible from the street and was open all the time - but nothing hapened. It was a great stay!

Really great hostel, would recommend to anyone. Really friendly staff who go out of the way to help. Whether that's printing soldering for you, calling people and speaking Thai, giving directions, teaching you bits of Thai, etc... If I'm ever in Chiang Mai again, I know where I'm staying.

• 12th Oct 2014

Well managed hostel that feels like a home away from home. Clean. not a party hostel but conducive to meeting like minded people

The staff was extremely helpful and nice. The dorms were very comfortable.

• 29th Sep 2014
  • India

Best dorms I have ever stayed in. The bed was more comfortable than my own back home. The owner is amazingly kind. He greeted me by name everyday with a huge smile. He genuinely cares! The food was delicious also. I met some fun people in my dorm although I would not call this a social hostel. The social area (which is way more beautiful than in the pictures) isn't bustling. This makes for a relaxing stay though. I will stay here again next time I'm in Chiang Mai! Highly recommended!

Don't stay anywhere else. Great restaurant, comfy beds, wonderfully charming staff. I can't say enough nice things about Daniel and his lovely wife. Will recommend to fellow travelers.

Absolutely amazing!!! By far the best hostel we have stayed in on our journey so far. The owners are some of the loveliest people we have ever met, so willing to give advice and go that extra mile to help. They booked one of our tours for us, Elephant Discovery, which turned out to be one of the best days of our lives. The hostel was extremely clean, brilliant wifi, free tea and coffee and we even had our laundry done too! If I ever go back to Chiang Mai, there is no where else I would stay!

Amazing place to stay - incredible clean and comfortable beds, rooms, bathrooms, showers, etc. The only downside is that it's not very social at all; but if your with fiends or a significant other then it wouldn't be a big deal. Bottom line: I really cannot recommend this place enough

Best hostel I have stayed throughout my Thailand trip. Staff is so friendly and helpful. The building is completely new and the dorms are just amazing. The beds are amazing, showers even have shower gel, shampoo and conditioner available and the place is perfectly clean. They even have a little pool onsite. Would love to stay there again!

I really enjoyed my stay in Green Tiger House, it felt a little bit like home. Excellent bed/dorm/bathroom, staff always willing to give advice/information and to answer questions. Great place to stay if you are looking for a more quiet -but still cosy- place!

• 20th Sep 2014