Green Tiger Vegetarian House Reviews

1/4, Soi 7, Sri Phum Road, A.Muang, Next to Golden Horse Temple, Chiang Mai, Thailand

I can't say enough how lovely this hostel was!!! From the moment you step in the door it has this special relaxed vibe. The food is delicious, especially the soups. But the most special part is the staff. They are wonderful. I suffered severe food poisoning and the night manager took me too the hospital and made me feel looked after (I was travelling alone). The next day both the Swiss guy and the night manager both checked up on me. It was absolutely fantastic! I will come back again!!!

• 5th Jan 2015

Beautiful, quiet hostel. Loved the pool, views of sunrise over the mountains/upstairs lounge, and really great restaurant + free breakfast. While it was beautiful, I was hoping for a bit more of a social atmosphere. Not a lot of people were hanging out and I didn't hear of any tours or group activities. I got good rest but it was definitely the quietest stop of the 7 cities on my trip. Wish id gotten more info from the hostel about happenings around the city.

definitely one of best hostels i have ever stayed!!! amazing atmosphere and facilities!! the chilling area is just stunning! really comfy bed, highly appreciated the shampoo and shower gel provided. it's a five stars hotel standard for a hostel.

Really great guesthouse. Not the cheapest I stayed in during my long trip but I wanted to treat myself for Xmas. Nice breakfast choices, comfy beds and lovely looking lounge area. They also looked after me when I had food poisoning on Xmas day (unlucky!) and made me a restorative soup. Slight niggle when I returned much later for check in on first day only to be told the room still wasn't ready, but the rest of my stay overshadowed this. The care that goes in shows and I would recommend.

Superb in every way

Big lockers, bring a lock. Showers have hot water, good pressure. Toilet and shower are separate, both clean. Beds comfy, AC good. Location is off the main street, quiet. 24 front desk is great. Restaurant food is a little expensive but tasty. Common area is large and comfy. Wifi superb. Each bed has a shelf, light, and outlet. Dorms on first floor with the lounge - which can get noisy at night and in the morning. Overall great, friendly, comfortable, and clean place!

Really nice hostel and friendly staff. Rooms were big enough and lockers were large so you could fit your whole backpack inside! Nice to have your own light and plug sockets behind your head as well, and proper duvets and pillows. Manager was really friendly and he was the taxi that took us to the airport. Reception area was clean and nice to chill and relax in, and the breakfast was really good and cheap too.

Best place I've stayed in all of Asia. It was hard to leave! I stayed for a week in the dorms, and can't wait to go back. The staff were so helpful, the restaurant delicious and quick, the pool and outdoor area are absolute sanctuary, the rooms are clean comfortable and spacious with double ensuite bathrooms (amazing showers) and free products for guests use. There's several common areas, nicely private and decorated beautifully. The owners are lovely and always happy to help! So so worth the $$

Best dorm room I've ever stayed in Asia and Europe! Couldn't recommend it highly ENOUGH! The place was more like a resort then a hostel, Most comfortable beds, biggest dorm, amazing bathrooms and amazing staff! The food in the restaurant was also some of the best we've had! Book it, book it, book it, book it!

premium hostel for everyone!

My second stay here and was again a stellar experience. The staff is so friendly and helpful and even remembered me from the month before. The most comfortable hostel beds I've ever slept on, nice bathrooms and common area and refreshing pool. It's half private guest rooms so doesn't have the most socialable, party hostel atmosphere, but it's a great place to relax and take it Chiang Mai. They kindly kept my luggage while I went off to Elephant Nature Park for 2 days - a MUST see, by the way!

Highly recommended. I came to Chiang Mai on Sunday. Then walk to there from the Sunday market for about 15 Mins. I am surprised that there is a swimming pool! Thanks the owner Daniel. He is very kind and willing to assist visitors.

Great hotel/hostel combination in a quiet corner of the old city, but still within walking distance of the main sites. The girls at the reception are super friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is laid-back and quiet (no party hostel this, thankfully) and the common area is one of the best I ever seen, where you can order delicious food and smoothies - or take dip in the small swimming pool.

One of the most luxurious hostels I've stayed in! Great atmosphere, dorms had plenty of room and storage space. Really enjoyed the added convenience of the on-site restaurant and pool. Looking forward to staying here again!

I LOVED this hostel. Probably one of the best ones I've ever stayed in. The rooms were so nice with very comfy beds and the lockers provided were huge. The free tea, coffee and toast all day was really nice as well. The staff was very helpful and on my first day the owner came up to me and made sure I had everything I needed. I have been recommending this place to everyone and will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Chiang Mai.

Extremely good hostel, one of the best I've stayed at. Lovely friendly atmosphere, great relaxed place to meet fellow travellers. Not a party hostel but very sociable. The owners are a lovely couple, really friendly and care a lot for their guests.

Located in the northern end f the square....Fantastic place to stay.... Stayed here for three days during the lantern festival.... Enjoyed everything in there.... Man n staffs who runs de place was very helpful n de prices n places dey recommended for the day trips n other are very reasonable.... The only negetive thing was the place was too sophisticated n u don't get to meet the young travelers are lot.... But... For all the facilities they offer.... I don't spending another week in there....

Modern, super clean dorms with backpacker conveniences in mind, though mostly private guest rooms so it has more of an older crowd and not a real backpacker vibe with not too many Westerners. That said, the beds are as good as home nd it's a lovely, comfortable common space with good cafe and a pool, so if you're looking for R&R and a deal for an a/c dorm, this is the place! The owners and staff are awesome - genuinely friendly and helpful beyond what is required - would totally stay here again.

Outstanding experience. First, the service: very friendly and helpful. Daniel went out of his way to help me when I had special requests. Room/bathroom: cleaned every day and pretty much spotless. Finally, common areas: beautifully decorated, comfortable and a great place to meet fellow travelers. Also in a great area, safe enough for me (a solo female traveler) and easily walkable. I will absolutely stay here again next time I'm in Chiang Mai!

Nice hostel with great people working there. Beds big and comfy. I think chiang mai is safe but elsewise. Had a room on ground floor which was easily accessible from the street and was open all the time - but nothing hapened. It was a great stay!