Green Tiger Vegetarian House Reviews

1/4, Soi 7, Sri Phum Road, A.Muang, Next to Golden Horse Temple, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Fantastic hostel, great staff and beautifully decorated. Thoroughly recommend it.

More expensive than other places but worth it! Try the vegetarian food, amazing! All day breakfast (bread,homemade jam, coffee, water, tea) They help you with everything. Even when you ask just for tips around this area.

Loved this place! Amazingly comfortable, great location, helpful staff. I'm already planning my next stay here in May.

• 20th Mar 2015

If you're hesitating whether to choose this hostel, just do it now. It's slightly more expensive than others but worth every penny -- beautiful house with lots of real plants, a pool, super comfy dormbeds with good pillows and blankets, delicious vegetarian food (many vegan options too), and extremely friendly and helpful staff who've helped with great recommendations, bookings, help with tickets, care while sick, etc. Everything is just done with care and attention. Stay here!

Just perfect. Very helpful staff, nice to chat with. 6 bed Dorm with own bathroom (2 toilets, 2 showers, soap, shampoo and even conditioner). Very clean. Very comfortable beds. Locks. Free toast, coffee, tea. Amazing atmosphere. Very quiet. Had the best sleep in weeks.

This hostel was more like a boutique hotel. One of the nicest hostels I have stayed in so far

Just like the other reviews say, this is brand-spanking new hotel-quality amenities and some of the friendliest staff in Thailand. Nan and Daniel are superb, the pool area is marvellous -- thanks for a wonderful stay!

• 5th Mar 2015

This hostel is by far the best I've ever seen. Hotel standards for hostel prices. Great atmosphere, quiet dormitories, excellent bathroom facilities, kind staff. Green Tiger is the ONLY place anyone should consider staying in during their time at Chiang Mai. I also met some great people who I ended up traveling with to other locations throughout Thailand. Green Tiger does a great job providing tours and other activities as well for those that haven't planned anything in advanced. I recommend Patara Elephant

Beautiful, very upscale hostel. Could also be a boutique hotel. Showers were the best on my whole trip, rooms and bathrooms are spacious and very clean. The pool is great, however a little too chilly, i haven't seen anybody swimming. The owner and the staff is just amazing, very very friendly. Only downside (but thats minimal): if you're a solo traveler, it is not the most social place. People tend to stay for themselves, but highly recommended for anyone who doesn't mind that!

This is a very nice guesthouse that happens to have dorm rooms on it's main floor. So, the facilities are amazing! There's a nice restaurant and lounge area and a nice dipping pool as well. The food is great and the staff is friendly. The location is great and is within walking distance of Chiang Mai nightlife (Zoe in Yellow). The only downside is that it's hard to meet people here since it's not solely a hostel and there's no easy place for folks to congregate. Otherwise, very nice!

I extended my stay here by two nights. The dorms are really nice and the staff are really friendly and helpful. The food at the attached cafe is good, and it is a really relaxing place to just chill out.

enjoyed a lot in Green tiger, the stuffs here are nice and kind, Nan and Golf really helped me a lot, so much thank you. Best wishes to yr guys.

Probably the most stylish hostel I ever stayed at! Spotlessly clean, very comfortable beds and huge lockers. Not much of a atmosphere for backpackers here (if you want that) but a really relaxed place. The location is perhaps a little bit off from everything, but not by much.

Best hostel in Chiang Mai! This hostel is in such a lovely location. It is in walking distance of many bars, cafes, and restaurants. Even so, the street is not at all busy. There is a restaurant in the hostel and the food is within an affordable price range. The staff was also so friendly and helped me with any questions that I had. I will certainly be staying at this hostel when I am back in Chiang Mai!

• 27th Jan 2015

I can't say enough how lovely this hostel was!!! From the moment you step in the door it has this special relaxed vibe. The food is delicious, especially the soups. But the most special part is the staff. They are wonderful. I suffered severe food poisoning and the night manager took me too the hospital and made me feel looked after (I was travelling alone). The next day both the Swiss guy and the night manager both checked up on me. It was absolutely fantastic! I will come back again!!!

• 5th Jan 2015

Beautiful, quiet hostel. Loved the pool, views of sunrise over the mountains/upstairs lounge, and really great restaurant + free breakfast. While it was beautiful, I was hoping for a bit more of a social atmosphere. Not a lot of people were hanging out and I didn't hear of any tours or group activities. I got good rest but it was definitely the quietest stop of the 7 cities on my trip. Wish id gotten more info from the hostel about happenings around the city.

definitely one of best hostels i have ever stayed!!! amazing atmosphere and facilities!! the chilling area is just stunning! really comfy bed, highly appreciated the shampoo and shower gel provided. it's a five stars hotel standard for a hostel.

Really great guesthouse. Not the cheapest I stayed in during my long trip but I wanted to treat myself for Xmas. Nice breakfast choices, comfy beds and lovely looking lounge area. They also looked after me when I had food poisoning on Xmas day (unlucky!) and made me a restorative soup. Slight niggle when I returned much later for check in on first day only to be told the room still wasn't ready, but the rest of my stay overshadowed this. The care that goes in shows and I would recommend.

Superb in every way

Big lockers, bring a lock. Showers have hot water, good pressure. Toilet and shower are separate, both clean. Beds comfy, AC good. Location is off the main street, quiet. 24 front desk is great. Restaurant food is a little expensive but tasty. Common area is large and comfy. Wifi superb. Each bed has a shelf, light, and outlet. Dorms on first floor with the lounge - which can get noisy at night and in the morning. Overall great, friendly, comfortable, and clean place!