Green Tiger Vegetarian House Reviews

1/4, Soi 7, Sri Phum Road, A.Muang, Next to Golden Horse Temple, Chiang Mai, Thailand

This hostel is one of the best I've stayed in. It's clean, quiet but still close to attractions. The owners are fantastic and the staff is super friendly. I got way more than i bargained for and I'd definitely stay there again. The food was good and i like the social responsibility behind the concept of Green Tiger House. Definitely not a party hostel, but that's a plus for me :)

Beautiful hostel with very helpful and friendly staff. A bit on the quieter side, but that is what we were looking for! Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• 22nd Aug 2014

It's not the cheapest option in town but the dorm beds are superb. Wish I could have stayed longer.

Love this place!! Ended up staying 2 extra nights because it was so wonderful. Super super clean, most comfortable beds ever and lovely bathrooms (even in dorm), has a pool, free toast and coffee/tea all day which is nice, really social but not loud. Basically perfect. I wouldn't stay anywhere else if I returned to Chiang Mai, regardless of how much money I had to spend. Hope they get the bars up and running soon :)

Best hostel I stayed in while in Thailand.

Definitely the most luxurious hostel, I have stayed in, felt like I was in a hotel not a hostel! Dorms were spacious and clean, beds were very comfortable. Loved the pool on the ground floor and the seating area on the 4th floor, great to watch the sunset. Complementary tea, coffee and toast and jam for breakfast was great, and all the other food from the resturant was delicious, I'm not vegetarian, but loved the food regardless! Great if you want to stay somewhere lovely on a budget!

Best Hostel in my life! I stayed in a room with 8 beds and interior bathroom. The Bathroom seem like a SPA with 2 shower, 2 toilet and 2 washbasin and everithung always cleen. very good lounge area and breakfast. tea and coffee complimentary. Staff is very helpful and kind.

This was by far the most amazing hostel I have ever stayed in. Absolutely spotless, beautiful, relatively close to everything. The staff was super helpful, and I honestly can't express how gorgeous this place is. You can't go wrong!

The dorm is so clean, the bed is so comfy, the environment is so nice.

If you are traveling in Chiang Mai, this is an awesome hostel to stay in. I stayed in a room with 8 beds but did not feel cramped at all. My room was filled with more mature residents, which was perfect for me. I did not get the feeling that this was a party hostel at all. The beds are very comfortable (not the typical Thai bricks) and the bathroom was large and clean. The owner and staff will go out of their way for you.

By far top five hostels that I've ever stayed and I've stayed at a lot of hostels! Daniel, the owner, is so kind and helpful. The staff isn't great at English, but they are so kind. One of them was cleaning our room and when she found money under the pillow of someone who'd just checked out, she immediately turned it in. SO clean and absolutely beautiful. I can't imagine you would find anything nicer in Chiang Mai. Felt like a hostel. The food is great, too! I couldn't recommend GTiger more!

This hostel is lovely. Daniel goes out if his way to help. He even offered to drive us to the airport at 9pm in case we didn't find a taxi! The pool is great to :) and the foid they cook there, sooooo good. If you want a place to relax it's here

We love this hostel so much that we decided to stay here again after visiting Pai. The food is great, owners and staff are very friendly and helpful. They really make you feel welcome. It has such a cozy and relaxed vibe that I could stay here even longer! We stayed in a dorm and we loved it. The rooms are very spacious and the beds are very comfortable. We definitely recommend this hostel when visiting Chiang Mai!

Best place to stay in Chiang Mai. Luxuary accomodation at a hostel price! Rooms and staff are incredible, breakfast is great and their showers are to die for.

Easily one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. The facilities are amazing, the food is great, and the staff are so nice! I originally planned to stay for four nights and ended up staying for 7!

In 6 months of travel around SE Asia, this is the best hostel I've found. It's so far ahead of 2nd place that I consider it in a whole 'nother league. I had originally planned to stay at Green Tiger for only a few days but ended up staying for 3 weeks after falling in love with the atmosphere, staff, comfy beds (as mentioned many times), muesli with fresh fruit and rice milk for breakfast, the hilariously cute cat and dog team ... the list goes on. You won't be disappointed with this one.

This is a great place if you want a backpacker experience in a nice location and hotel. The dorm rooms were great and the beds were super comfortable. The rooms were kept pretty dark, so backpackers spent a lot of time in the lobby which made it pretty crowded and noisy. The food was excellent. I would recommend only to people who want to be in a touristy location with many other backpackers.

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in, it excels in every category, I stayed in 4 star hotels in Europe that were not at this niveau. I stayed in a dorm which had the most comfortable bed I ever slept in, an awesome bathroom with free shampoo/showergel/conditioner and it came with lockers, AC and was absolutely clean. The vegetarian restaurant outside is top too! This is the first time I give a 100% in a review and it will probably stat a rare exception. Thanks!

I had a great stay at green tiger! Very clean, great food, spa like lobby with pool and walking distance to main temples and bars in the old city. But the best part of saying here is the owners, Daniel and his wife. There are so helpful and nice. Something had bitten me on my hand on my journey from siem reap to Chiang mai and was quite swollen. Daniel personally took me to get medical care! I will always stay here when I visit Chiang mai!

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed in! Those beds are just ridiculously comfy, I stayed in the dorm and it was lovely and clean with a beautiful bathroom... Showers are amazing, and what really makes it is the staff, Daniel really sorted me out when I was in a bit of a pickle with some bus troubles and was very kind and helpful. (THANKYOU!) the pool is also lovely and although I didn't eat there everyone said the food was great too. All round pretty perfect. They're really doing it right!