Green Tortoise Hostel

Fabulous 308 Total Reviews
Fabulous 308 Total Reviews

• Ireland, Male, 18-24
22nd Feb 2017

Really good place highly recommended

• Egypt, Female, 25-30
12th Feb 2017
6.0

Funny smell....could be better...

9th Feb 2017

I was skeptical about this hostel at first but ended up really liking it. One of the biggest pluses is the amount of free food around. The breakfast is really good bc they offer fresh fruit and eggs you can cook yourself, plus bagels and yogurt. There are free dinners on MWF. Mondays is pasta, garlic bread and salad. I thought it was going to be overcooked pasta with bland red sauce--I was SO surprised at how genuinely good it was! The sauna is a perk. I like that there are only 4 beds in a room

• angeldc94256
  • USA, Female, 18-24
2nd Feb 2017

one of the best hostels I've stayed at! Fork over the nightly rate and that includes free breakfast, nightly events, and some free dinners. Facilities are top notch including printing, laundry, ironing, bikes for rent, and very helpful staff. Strict no visitors rule for added security, so you know everyone who enters is supposed to be there. Great location 10 minutes walking to the Pier and next to Chinatown and Little Italy.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
2nd Feb 2017

Such a good atmosphere at the hostel, especially in the ballroom. Met so many people through the organised activities. Free breakfast everyday and dinner 3 nights a week was great also. Would definitely recommend to all types of travelers!

• Argentina, Male, 25-30
28th Jan 2017

Great place to stay. Close to chinatown and to most of the restaurants. Rooms and restrooms were clean the whole time. Free breakfast and dinners are good.

• aaronjbarlow8576
  • Australia, Male, 25-30
27th Jan 2017

Great hostel, cool space but beds were super small and uncomfortable

• England, Female, 18-24
22nd Jan 2017

This was my favourite of the two hostels I used in San Francisco. The breakfast and free dinners were great. If I had stayed longer I know I would've used more of their facilities. I liked that they had print outs with instructions for how to get to the top attractions from the hostel, suggestions for cheap eats etc. The main draw back for me was just that the room was freezing, I had to sleep in my fleece to keep warm enough.

• USA, Male, 25-30
4.9

To be Honest, this place is awful for any local staying there. I was not allowed to cook my partner dinner or even have her over to hang out in common areas. The staff was not accommodating of this fact and would not even consider that I was not the traditional occupant and maintained a very one-dimensional perspective. Having such a diverse amount of clients and making a set of standards that focus on 60% is not only discrimination it in ineffective. I would never stay at Green Tortoise again as it would

• Australia, Female, 25-30
22nd Jan 2017

I rate this hostel highly. Fantastic location, free brekkie, and kind travellers passing through. I stayed here twice. The first time (1st level), the bathrooms were immaculate and the room was spacious. The second time (2nd level), the bathrooms were gross and the room was cramped. I paid for a 4-person dorm and there were 5 of us cramped inside a small room. Despite the smell of pot wafting through regularly, overall I think the hostel is better than most and great value for money. Thank you!