Green Tortoise Hostel Reviews

494 Broadway, San Francisco, USA

The bad: Room was v poorly ventilated and bathroom situation needs to be addressed. The good: The staff were helpful and location was great.

• 27th Jun 2015

Location is good. 15min from Coit Tower and easy access to different public transportation.

Staff were super helpful! It's clean and nice accommodation with good wifi and facilities

The hostel has a nice atmosphere and the breakfast was great. There was a long wait for the bathrooms and there wasn't very much hot water. I liked the location but had to pay a lot for parking.

Thought it was very trendy with overthetop carpet throughout 1950s looking. Good facilities and friendly helpful staff

• 9th May 2015
  • New Zealand

I really enjoy being at this hostel, one of the best ones that I had been.

• 3rd May 2015
  • Mexico

Not a very nice part of town to stay in, didn't feel very safe walking around outside. First staff member (young male) we dealt with was rude and neglected to tell us some things. Another staff member (male) had told us over the phone that the car park they work with was open until 12 on the night of our arrival, but it was only open until 10, so it was now closed. So we ended up driving around the dodgy area looking for parking. Breakfast good, wifi, nice social area, good room, bathrooms ok.

Perfect location right in North Beach. 10 minutes to FiDi and the BART, 10 minutes to the water. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. My only gripe is the number of bathrooms to occupants - every morning and night seemed like a shuffle just to get a shower or use the facilities.

Awesome hostel easy to meet other travellers.

This hostel was awesome. Great vibe, staff super friendly. Free dinners were awesome! And always had activities on for each night. Would definitely recommend this hostel and stay there again!

my room had a key that was useless.. coz u can open the door @ anytime.. there was a party in the hostel till 2 am & they didn't care to inform me.. & when I complained.. nothing was done.. te following day I was told they should of offered u ear plugs @ least.. my room was so hot although heater was off..

It was a great experience and environment.. recommend highly!

View all San Francisco Hostels