Green Tortoise Seattle Hostel Reviews

105 1/2 Pike Street, Seattle, USA

That place is great! Free dinner 3 times a week, breakfast every morning, organized pub crawls and tours planned; makes it really easy to mingle and meet new people! Best location too! Close to everything and pike market is right across the street! (You can see the neon sign from the common room!) The staff is also great! Super friendly, always there for you if you have any questions about Seattle or anything! I highly recommend that hostle! Definitely will go again next time I'm in Seattle!

• 11th Nov 2014

Couldn't ask for a better location

I stayed here for a couple of nights and it was an alright place to stay if you're on a budget. The free pancakes and eggs in the morning came in handy. The hostel itself was good in terms of amenities. There were plug sockets by your bed and privacy curtains. The beds looked like they needed a clean though as the sheets weren't entirely stain free, but overall it's a good central place to stay.

Great place to stay. Friendly and helpful staff. Good food. Check out the very good market close by. Will stay again.

The quarters are cramped if you're in the 8 person dorm. I originally wanted the 6 person dorm however they sold out before I could get in there. I was a bit weirded out by the bathroom that did not have a shower curtain or separate shower stall. But I guess it makes sense for handicap accessibility. The staff was super friendly and had an iron. They have umbrellas that you can borrow...especially if you're someone like me who forgot they were going to one of the rainiest cities in the US.

The hostel is just in front of public market and near to the clubs.. so I had a good time there.... The night club tour is awesome (the guy is so funny).

We enjoyed our stay very much. The breakfast included pancakes, eggs, toast, and fruit, which was quite extensive compared to many other hostels I've stayed at. Each bathroom was private and I never had to wait for one to become available. The only thing I didn't like were the doors to the room! Every time someone entered or exited the door was very loud, even if you were trying to be quiet. Not ideal for light sleepers. But hey, thanks for the free ear plugs! Overall I had an excellent stay.

• 12th Oct 2014

I had items stolen out of the fridge and nothing came of my complaint, the mixed dorm was scary when one of the men was hostile to the younger women and we were scared to say any thing. there are more and more men and less women straying there and it is uncomfortable to be a single woman there and with free laundry and showers some of the patrons smell so bad you cannot sit next to them. the front staff should be a bit more careful who they put in the mixed dorms. I wont be staying again..

• 12th Oct 2014

Great hostel!! Really friendly and helpful staff. The location is excellent, right next to Pike Place market. The staff were really easy to talk to and suggested some nice places. Overall great experience would definitely recommend it! Thanks!

a great hostel. really good for social activities and as a solo traveler great for meeting like minded folk. i also love the curtains around the beds which allows you a bit of personal space!

We cannot connect Wifi well and we wait the staff to check in for us for almost one hour! Besides, the shower rooms are really dirty and stinks.

Incredible location. It could not get any better. There's nothing like walking 2 steps over to Pike Place Market and grabbing a bite to eat. However, I've been to tons of hostels and this didn't have the vibe I was looking for. There's a lot of old people here. Half the people in my hostel room were creepy old guys...that snored.

Although it was a short stay, I will definitely come back here every time I visit Seattle and will take advantage of the activities next time. Great location and comfortable stay! :)

• 25th Sep 2014

Absolutely perfect location! Directly across the street from Pike Place market & easy walking distance to a lot of what there is to do in Seattle. Clean, friendly staff, big lockers, & each bed has its own fan, light, and (2) outlets which is a great addition. They have storage for bags after check out and free breakfast too...pretty standard for a hostel (bread, fruit, coffee, etc.) Only stayed 1 night so didn't get to check out free dinner/other activities but looked good. Would def recommend!

Looks dingy at first, but was a great place to stay, and the bed was very comfy! A personal fan in each bed was a great addition, because it could get quite hot in there. Staff were very helpful, and everything was really clean! Location was a bit touristy, but you couldn't stay closer to the heart of Seattle if you tried!

Had a blast meeting some cool people in the common rooms and the staff couldn't be more helpful with knowledge of places to go and the options for Hostel-run events was great :) I was recommended by friends and I'll be recommending to others too, I know where I'll be staying next time I visit Seattle, cheers Green Tortoise, seeya again sometime!

• 26th Aug 2014

Best Hostel I have ever stayed at. Perfect location, awesome staff, and cozy accommodations. Look forward to my next stay!

• 23rd Aug 2014

The place was clean and well located. However there wasn't a lot of activities for under 21 travellers. The breakfast was good and offered a lot of variety!

• 18th Aug 2014

Location is perfect. My one issue was atmosphere, people didn't get involved in activities the hostel organized. Not a big partying/drinking culture. Maybe hemp festival attracted different clients than normal.

sometimes a bit of a wait for the bathrooms as they are regular bathrooms with a sink shower and toilet. Great place.

« first « Prev 1 2 3