Green Tortoise Seattle Hostel Reviews

105 1/2 Pike Street, Seattle, USA

Had a blast meeting some cool people in the common rooms and the staff couldn't be more helpful with knowledge of places to go and the options for Hostel-run events was great :) I was recommended by friends and I'll be recommending to others too, I know where I'll be staying next time I visit Seattle, cheers Green Tortoise, seeya again sometime!

• 26th Aug 2014

Best Hostel I have ever stayed at. Perfect location, awesome staff, and cozy accommodations. Look forward to my next stay!

• 23rd Aug 2014

Location is perfect. My one issue was atmosphere, people didn't get involved in activities the hostel organized. Not a big partying/drinking culture. Maybe hemp festival attracted different clients than normal.

sometimes a bit of a wait for the bathrooms as they are regular bathrooms with a sink shower and toilet. Great place.

This was my first stay in a hostel, and I hope the Green Tortoise didn't set the bar too high! The friendly staff helped me feel at home, and the guests all seemed friendly and interesting as well. The location couldn't be better. If you're looking for a cheap place to stay in an expensive town, this is it. I'll definitely stay again next time I'm in Seattle.

• 8th Aug 2014

Perfect location and great facilities. Highly recommended!

Desk staff was extremely helpful, even when we departed at four in the morning! Rooms and bathrooms were clean. The best part were the bunk beds with curtains, light, and private fan!

Fantastic location! Will and have recommended it!

Hostel was great. I loved the do-it-yourself atmosphere.

All the staff at the hostel were so kind and helpful! The location is perfect and the daily trips from the hostel are so convenient. The food at The Beaver was delicious and super cheap which was nice of course. Stephanie was our guide to Lynn Canyon and she was nice, patient, helpful, and fun to be around! Thank you guys for your amazing hospitality!

• 24th Jul 2014

The staff like to tell you that it is the friendliest hostel in town.....not true the Seattle City Hostel is 10x better! The free food is good though! I would recommend the Seattle City Hostel for anyone visiting Seattle! It's also cheaper!

I'm sorry you felt that the staff was unfriendly; we have a very diverse group of employees so maybe there were some cultural differences with our ESL staff. We pride ourselves on offering the best customer service experience as most of our reviews will attest to; often going above and beyond to accommodate guest requests and needs. We basically offer full concierge services through the front desk and even walk each guest to their rooms to ensure that everything meets your needs.

Unfortunately my brother found bedbugs in his bed, which really overshadowed our stay. We told a member of staff when we checked out but didn't feel it registered as a significant problem.

We take all reports of bed bugs seriously and have a very stringent regimen we follow. It includes inspecting the room, washing all guest items and linens, and treating the entire room with insecticide. We do all of this any time there is a report whether we find any bed bugs or not. We did not find any in the room or laundry but still treated it as a preventive measure. I hope that if you're ever back in Seattle you give us a second try.

Unfriendly vibe. Most staff were rude, in particular a lady named Leah. Two guys were very was nice and gave great suggestions. No lockers. No wifi in dorms. Very good location but extremely loud all night long. Uncomfortable as I was on too bunk and the other girls in my room were extremely rude.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Each guest actually gets a very large storage locker under their bed; you do need to provide your own padlock or rent one from the front desk if you'd like to lock it. There's also free day storage available at the front desk. And yes the wifi does not work in the room but we find this keeps the hostel more social. In the future if you ever have trouble with other guests in your room please let the front desk staff know so we can address the situation or move you to a different room.

The location is perfect, and there's only one street across to the Pike public market. The facilities are enough to make food, and the washroom is big and clean. You can meet lots of people in the common room. They will also held different activities for people to make friends. Nice and wonderful hostel!

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

Good location right near the market. Fans, lights

Great location amd a super chilled hostel. Staff were helpful and friendly without being fake. The walking tour from the hostel is a real highlight of staying here.

Great central location. Amazing to have a large locker to put your all stuff in.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Great place to stay. Not a huge common area to meet people, but they plan a ton of fun activities that encourage you to meet other people.

No wifi connection in some rooms (I was in 205 and cannot connect to wifi)

Great location, across the street from Pike's Place Market and 1-1/2 blocks from major bus stops/light rail stations. I've stayed here at least 8 times over the last 4 months and have noted that some of the desk staff are a bit surly and curt, particularly the ones that come on around 0800. The PM staff have always been super-friendly and will go out of their way to make your staff nice. The bathrooms can get a little grotty at times, due to heavy use and not frequent enough cleaning.

• 10th Jun 2014