Green Tortoise Seattle Hostel Reviews

105 1/2 Pike Street, Seattle, USA

Yup, theres a reason why this place is great. Free breakfast with eggs, taco and pasta nights (they dont skimp on the food- plenty to eat), GREAT location, good vibe, clean, and has activities for u to do pretty much each day. The owner knows how a backpacker hostel should be like- u can just tell

Great, central location with some of the nicest hostel beds and showers I've seen. The privacy curtains are great! Free food is a plus too. Only negatives would be the oddly-arranged and slightly run-down common room and the urine smell by the front door, but those are really pretty minor things.

This place is great. 100% recommend it. I did have some trouble with the bike rental, it wasn't a well taken care of bike and the staff wasn't happy to hear my feedback.

Great staff and tours! Free dinners are epic!

This is the best located hostel in Seattle, right in downtown by the market. It is also one of the most expensive hostels I've stayed in, however this is partly due to Seattle being expensive in general. It's clean and also busy. The breakfast can be on the thin side, although 3 times a week there is a free dinner that is surprisingly high quality and some decent hostel organised events. The dorm beds are well equiped with a personal fan, light and privacy curtains, which is good.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hostel is clean and comfortable and the facilities are pretty much everything you need or look for in a hostel. And the location is AMAZING.

• 2nd Mar 2015

This was my first time staying at a hostel and it was an amazing experience. Will definitely be staying here when I visit Seattle again!

• 26th Feb 2015

Best location! The staff was awesome and no complaints in the facilities department.

My boyfriend and I stayed in a dorm room with a queen bed over 3 nights. The dorms were clean, spacious, secure and the bathrooms were conveniently located and always clean and stocked! Hostel location is amazing! So close to pike place Markets! The staff were super helpful, it was our first time in Seattle and they pointed us in the right direction for everything from comic book shops to places for eggs Benny! Free breakfast is also a bonus although we didn't participate. Loved this hostel!

• 20th Feb 2015

Great location, nice and clean place. Wi-fi sucks and usually a wait for bathrooms in mornings.

Top bunk was hard to climb into. But other wise it was perfect! Staff is super helpful. Lockers underneath the beds are on the larger size. Nice atmosphere to meet others. Co-Ed dorm felt safe.

• 19th Feb 2015
  • US Virgin Islands

Really awesome place so close to pikes place market. The hostel gets you discounts at some attractions and coordinates events to help other travelers meet each other (bar crawl, movie night, etc). I would definitely stay here again!

• 14th Feb 2015

A great range of the ours and pub crawls

I loved this hostel! Definitely a great experience. The people are great, location is awesome, clean and overall great experience.

Loved this place. Wasn't sure what to expect after reading the reviews. Everyone was so friendly. The hostel runs trips, pub crawls etc. Staff were awesome. Had some great fun and laughs here. One night after enjoying a few bevvys, I accidentally padlocked my belongings - including the padlock key and room - in my locker! I panicked so much but all was cool and the reception were prepared for such an event...Out came the huge bolt cutters!!! Each bed has a privacy curtain, power points

I just loved this hostel. Its location is amazing and it's very comfy. I just wish the rooms were better ventilated. But it wasn't bad either. I had a great time there.

Really enjoyed my stay here! Great location and I enjoyed the staff -- friendly and helpful. I emailed the staff a couple times in advance of my stay for advice on how to get from the airport to the hostel and for scheduled hostel activities and they responded very quickly and were super helpful. A friend and I (both female) wanted to have a weekend getaway and to explore Seattle, and this places was exactly what we were hoping for. We felt safe (in our 8 bed room) and had a great time.

• 23rd Jan 2015

Amazing location. Activities at your finger tips.

• 23rd Jan 2015

One of the best hostels that I have ever stayed at! Terrific location (right across from the Pike Market downtown), awesome staff, and great referrals on what to do while in Seattle. I was a little nervous with the lack of pictures on HostelWorld, but the facilities were great. One of the best showers I have ever had at a hostel. I would definitely stay anytime I am visiting Seattle!

This hostel cannot be faulted! Perfect in every way. Clean, very social and did I mention FREE dinner 3 times a week!!! One thing that should be noted to travellers, which has nothing to do with the awsome hostel, Seattle is SUPER dodgy/sketchy at night and even a couple places during the day. As a female solo traveller I didn't feel safe walking around after sunset in Seattle.