Green Tortoise Seattle Hostel Reviews

105 1/2 Pike Street, Seattle, USA

Amazing location. Activities at your finger tips.

• 23rd Jan 2015

One of the best hostels that I have ever stayed at! Terrific location (right across from the Pike Market downtown), awesome staff, and great referrals on what to do while in Seattle. I was a little nervous with the lack of pictures on HostelWorld, but the facilities were great. One of the best showers I have ever had at a hostel. I would definitely stay anytime I am visiting Seattle!

This hostel cannot be faulted! Perfect in every way. Clean, very social and did I mention FREE dinner 3 times a week!!! One thing that should be noted to travellers, which has nothing to do with the awsome hostel, Seattle is SUPER dodgy/sketchy at night and even a couple places during the day. As a female solo traveller I didn't feel safe walking around after sunset in Seattle.

Location was awesome, but felt a bit unsafe. In addition to this, some of the other visitors at the hostel seemed like unstable characters. My perception could be tainted, however, by one of my roommates the first night (he reeked of alcohol and made the entire room smell as well). I thought it was cool that there were free dinners offered as well as free tours. Breakfast was nice. People were always gathered in the common area, which usually gave the place a nice vibe!

• 12th Jan 2015

Great staff, tours, nice privacy shade on beds. The layout makes it easy to meet other travels. Cool location

great! Sacha is the best.

I definitely loved staying here! Anytime I'm in Seattle again, I would stay here again. Free breakfast until 930 on weekdays and until 1030 on Sunday's? Can't beat it! Plus dinners every other day! I stayed in a 8 bed dorm and it was great!

• 6th Jan 2015
  • Mexico

This hostel has ruined me for all others, it was such a great place to stay.

• 2nd Jan 2015

시애틀 ㅡ라스베가스ㅡ시애틀 여행이었던 제경우엔 짐을 맡길 수 있어 쵝오^^ 키친을 편히 쓰는것도 굿 다운타운이라 위치 굿^^~

One of the best hostels ever! only missing something to scrap the toilet with! always good athmosphere! keep with the good job!

That place is great! Free dinner 3 times a week, breakfast every morning, organized pub crawls and tours planned; makes it really easy to mingle and meet new people! Best location too! Close to everything and pike market is right across the street! (You can see the neon sign from the common room!) The staff is also great! Super friendly, always there for you if you have any questions about Seattle or anything! I highly recommend that hostle! Definitely will go again next time I'm in Seattle!

• 11th Nov 2014

Couldn't ask for a better location

I stayed here for a couple of nights and it was an alright place to stay if you're on a budget. The free pancakes and eggs in the morning came in handy. The hostel itself was good in terms of amenities. There were plug sockets by your bed and privacy curtains. The beds looked like they needed a clean though as the sheets weren't entirely stain free, but overall it's a good central place to stay.

Great place to stay. Friendly and helpful staff. Good food. Check out the very good market close by. Will stay again.

The quarters are cramped if you're in the 8 person dorm. I originally wanted the 6 person dorm however they sold out before I could get in there. I was a bit weirded out by the bathroom that did not have a shower curtain or separate shower stall. But I guess it makes sense for handicap accessibility. The staff was super friendly and had an iron. They have umbrellas that you can borrow...especially if you're someone like me who forgot they were going to one of the rainiest cities in the US.

The hostel is just in front of public market and near to the clubs.. so I had a good time there.... The night club tour is awesome (the guy is so funny).

We enjoyed our stay very much. The breakfast included pancakes, eggs, toast, and fruit, which was quite extensive compared to many other hostels I've stayed at. Each bathroom was private and I never had to wait for one to become available. The only thing I didn't like were the doors to the room! Every time someone entered or exited the door was very loud, even if you were trying to be quiet. Not ideal for light sleepers. But hey, thanks for the free ear plugs! Overall I had an excellent stay.

• 12th Oct 2014

I had items stolen out of the fridge and nothing came of my complaint, the mixed dorm was scary when one of the men was hostile to the younger women and we were scared to say any thing. there are more and more men and less women straying there and it is uncomfortable to be a single woman there and with free laundry and showers some of the patrons smell so bad you cannot sit next to them. the front staff should be a bit more careful who they put in the mixed dorms. I wont be staying again..

• 12th Oct 2014

Great hostel!! Really friendly and helpful staff. The location is excellent, right next to Pike Place market. The staff were really easy to talk to and suggested some nice places. Overall great experience would definitely recommend it! Thanks!

a great hostel. really good for social activities and as a solo traveler great for meeting like minded folk. i also love the curtains around the beds which allows you a bit of personal space!