Green Tortoise Seattle Hostel Reviews

105 1/2 Pike Street, Seattle, USA

We enjoyed our stay very much. The breakfast included pancakes, eggs, toast, and fruit, which was quite extensive compared to many other hostels I've stayed at. Each bathroom was private and I never had to wait for one to become available. The only thing I didn't like were the doors to the room! Every time someone entered or exited the door was very loud, even if you were trying to be quiet. Not ideal for light sleepers. But hey, thanks for the free ear plugs! Overall I had an excellent stay.

• 12th Oct 2014

I had items stolen out of the fridge and nothing came of my complaint, the mixed dorm was scary when one of the men was hostile to the younger women and we were scared to say any thing. there are more and more men and less women straying there and it is uncomfortable to be a single woman there and with free laundry and showers some of the patrons smell so bad you cannot sit next to them. the front staff should be a bit more careful who they put in the mixed dorms. I wont be staying again..

• 12th Oct 2014

Great hostel!! Really friendly and helpful staff. The location is excellent, right next to Pike Place market. The staff were really easy to talk to and suggested some nice places. Overall great experience would definitely recommend it! Thanks!

We cannot connect Wifi well and we wait the staff to check in for us for almost one hour! Besides, the shower rooms are really dirty and stinks.

Incredible location. It could not get any better. There's nothing like walking 2 steps over to Pike Place Market and grabbing a bite to eat. However, I've been to tons of hostels and this didn't have the vibe I was looking for. There's a lot of old people here. Half the people in my hostel room were creepy old guys...that snored.

Although it was a short stay, I will definitely come back here every time I visit Seattle and will take advantage of the activities next time. Great location and comfortable stay! :)

• 25th Sep 2014

Absolutely perfect location! Directly across the street from Pike Place market & easy walking distance to a lot of what there is to do in Seattle. Clean, friendly staff, big lockers, & each bed has its own fan, light, and (2) outlets which is a great addition. They have storage for bags after check out and free breakfast too...pretty standard for a hostel (bread, fruit, coffee, etc.) Only stayed 1 night so didn't get to check out free dinner/other activities but looked good. Would def recommend!

Looks dingy at first, but was a great place to stay, and the bed was very comfy! A personal fan in each bed was a great addition, because it could get quite hot in there. Staff were very helpful, and everything was really clean! Location was a bit touristy, but you couldn't stay closer to the heart of Seattle if you tried!

Had a blast meeting some cool people in the common rooms and the staff couldn't be more helpful with knowledge of places to go and the options for Hostel-run events was great :) I was recommended by friends and I'll be recommending to others too, I know where I'll be staying next time I visit Seattle, cheers Green Tortoise, seeya again sometime!

• 26th Aug 2014

Best Hostel I have ever stayed at. Perfect location, awesome staff, and cozy accommodations. Look forward to my next stay!

• 23rd Aug 2014

The place was clean and well located. However there wasn't a lot of activities for under 21 travellers. The breakfast was good and offered a lot of variety!

• 18th Aug 2014

Location is perfect. My one issue was atmosphere, people didn't get involved in activities the hostel organized. Not a big partying/drinking culture. Maybe hemp festival attracted different clients than normal.

sometimes a bit of a wait for the bathrooms as they are regular bathrooms with a sink shower and toilet. Great place.

This was my first stay in a hostel, and I hope the Green Tortoise didn't set the bar too high! The friendly staff helped me feel at home, and the guests all seemed friendly and interesting as well. The location couldn't be better. If you're looking for a cheap place to stay in an expensive town, this is it. I'll definitely stay again next time I'm in Seattle.

• 8th Aug 2014

Perfect location and great facilities. Highly recommended!

Desk staff was extremely helpful, even when we departed at four in the morning! Rooms and bathrooms were clean. The best part were the bunk beds with curtains, light, and private fan!

I really enjoyed my stay. The location, right at Pike Place Market, was perfect for the market itself, walking along the piers on the Sound, enjoying the nightlife and dining in the area, and everything else I'd hoped for. The other guests I met were great, and the staff was friendly and helpful. They were the kind of people I like to be around. The place was clean, and I felt safe there. The price was great. The free dinner three nights a week and the guided pub crawls were awesome.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • dannmckeegan

Fantastic location! Will and have recommended it!

Hostel was great. I loved the do-it-yourself atmosphere.

All the staff at the hostel were so kind and helpful! The location is perfect and the daily trips from the hostel are so convenient. The food at The Beaver was delicious and super cheap which was nice of course. Stephanie was our guide to Lynn Canyon and she was nice, patient, helpful, and fun to be around! Thank you guys for your amazing hospitality!

• 24th Jul 2014