Green Tortoise Seattle Hostel Reviews

105 1/2 Pike Street, Seattle, USA

Personally I'd rather pay a lot less and have a lot less facilities, but it seems that these flash-packer-type places are popping up everywhere now. Nowhere near the cheapest hostel I ever stayed in, but i did love the clean/private toilets and the little curtains around the bed, ensuring privacy at all times. Would rather it be 15bucks with no breakfast or wifi, but then again - I'm not most travellers and there's not much choice in Seattle!

Nice hostel with good vibe and good breakfast. Good facilites and nice staff. The location is close to the market, which is a tourist spot, but other than that not so much is happening in that area. Public transportation is good in Seattle though.

Great location and great overall hostel. Free dinner 3 times a week. Free daily breakfast. Many private bathrooms with showers. Never had to wait to take a morning shower. Bunks have privacy curtains, which are very convenient when you are trying to sleep. Staff give tips about getting around town and recommend places to see. Definitely would stay here again.

• 4th Apr 2014

Hostel was in a great location, close to pike place markets. Free toast and eggs to cook which is good for a traveller and free dinners a couple of times a week. Atmosphere of hostel was okay, didn't seem like much of a party place , and there were a few drifters/borderline homeless people which was uncomfortable especially when one was staying in my room.

Great location and the staff were real friendly and helpful. The Pub crawls were AWESOME! If I am ever back in Seattle I will be coming back for sure!

Had a great stay. Very impressed.

Perfect location but the facilities were pretty old and the bathrooms are kinda smelly..

• 25th Mar 2014
  • South Korea

The hostel is well located and you can get to everything easily from there. The room was tiny and very noisy at night. Sounded like it was above a nightclub.

Very excellent location,clean bathroom,good staff,free dinner...d only things is wifi has down for quite many days.

Good stay. Many opportunities to meet new people. The staff put fruits every morning. Wifi ables just in common room.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Colombia

Very central location. Clean and comfy bed. I had a great stay with no real complaints other than the fans in the rooms are VERY loud. For me this was fine as I sleep through most things but my room mates found the noise a little disturbing.

In vancouver, the Amtrak closed its gates on us and about 10 others going to Seattle. Wasn't going to use my cell to call international. Sent a last minute email cancelling my reservation. Didnt expect a refund so I didnt bother asking for one. After my fustration with Amtrak, I get this email "Not a problem. i think that may fall under the category of 'acts of God' or whatnot so we've cancelled your reservation for tonight without charge. Good luck and take care." made my day WAY better

• 2nd Mar 2014

This hostel has a great location by Pike Place Market and bus lines. The foam bunk beds are just kind of comfortable, though the curtains, fan, and reading light are nice features.

• 26th Feb 2014

The rooms were quite cramped with storage limited to a cupboard under the bed that cannot accommodate a suitcase. Additional lockers are available for a fee. The kitchen has a good setup, with dinner provided two nights a week (leftovers available too). The lounge and dining room are comfortable, however it is effectively open to the public. A man's laptop was stolen in broad daylight, which I think could be solved by locking the front door. Otherwise, amazing location and good value.

great location, great breakfast, great staff, great experience overall

Great hostel , great location.Up to european standards.

Overall a good experience. The neighborhood felt seedy at night; many shady characters wandered the streets. I didn't have any issues with them though. + Stayed in two different rooms, both had super flat pillows but the beds themselves were comfortable. Privacy curtains ran along each bed. + Convenient location! + Wifi was spotty in one room, but I could connect to adjacent coffee shop at any time. + Common room was spacious. + Many showers/bathrooms, always seemed clean.

I can only really describe this as a "do-your-own-thing" hostel. Multi tattooed and pieced staff set the tone in a incense filled reception. It's not what you'd describe as a main stream hostel yet I had a few good days here and the location cannot be beaten. Be mindful that, if you are used to mass market appeal hostels, you may be in for a surprise. I would probably stay here again.

I had loved the Green Tortoise in SF so there was no question about where I would stay in Seattle. Great atmosphere, friendly staff and you can't beat the location. I bought a ticket to visit the EMP museum through them and I'm so glad I did as I loved it!

Hostel tour guide out standing and humerous!

• 7th Feb 2014