Green Tortoise Seattle Hostel Reviews

105 1/2 Pike Street, Seattle, USA

Staying at this hostel was a pleasure! The staff are very helpful and run fun events, such as the bar crawl. Also I was not expecting to be able to have free breakfast everyday and dinner twice a week. I throughly enjoyed my stay here and would defiantly recommend it.

Fabulous service, security, cleanliness, and I could go on. I arrived about 9pm from the airport and was immediately set up and comfortable. Absolutely would come back again!

• 27th Jul 2015

Fans by the bedside were useless, absolutely boiling at night time! The water pressure in the bathroom were slow, making it a long time to shower. Overall good hostel, great location and good daily activities for guests.

Bathrooms very clean. No place to set soap or toiletries in shower except handicap shower. Rooms could b a bit cleaner, ceiling fans in bathrooms. Replace ripped curtains. Staff was great. Impressed with the clean bathrooms. Location, activities , fbreakfast can't b beat.

Bathrooms could be cleaner. Most of the staff were friendly except on arrival. After a long flight, the receptionists welcome was rude and unhelpful. However, other staff during the day were really friendly and helpfull.

No air conditioning - the room was so hot that at times I felt like I was suffocating. I was certainly sweating the entire time.

Location is good if you want to party. Lack of parks around is annoying if you're spending your days outside.

• 17th Jul 2015

The location was ideal for a brief stay in Seattle as I was able to explore without having to travel anywhere! Breakfast was provided but a bit disappointing... by 8am a lot of it had been eaten. Facilities were pretty good too, the curtain in the rooms is a nice touch. However, the downside of having so much privacy was that most people kept to themselves. The atmosphere suffered as a result. Good for a short stay or if you are with someone else but not if you want to meet new people.

• 15th Jul 2015

Such a great place! Very nice staff, very helpful and able to make things work for us (because we had a few issues with booking). Free breakfast and wifi!!! Oooooh yeahhh!! Not scary and no one will kill you, but there are many hipsters.

• 15th Jul 2015

One of the best hostels I have ever been!

Great location and facilities. A lot of space and privacy in dorms and bathrooms, what is rare in hostels. Nice atmosphere, a lot of integration possibilities, big common areas. Bathrooms should be cleaned more often - they are often dirty or out of toilet paper. Nevertheless it is a very good hostel!

Great place to stay. They offer day as well as night activities. Brilliant location. Beds are great, its possible to sit up in the bottom bunk! And curtains around each bunk give you your own little space!

We had never stayed at a hostel so it was all new to us. We were impressed with how effect it all worked.

• 10th Jul 2015

This is an AMAZING hostel. Maybe my favorite hostel ever. Comfortable beds with curtains for privacy. Private bathrooms/showers. Stunning location right at Pike Place Market in downtown Seattle. Free breakfast every day, free dinner 3 night/week. Clients are cool, fun people, many of them 20-something exploring the world. Public spaces, meals, events such as pub crawl give you great opportunities to meet lovely people. Free computers and wifi. I recommend this well-run, fun place 100%.

WONDERFUL location, you cannot get more central to town than this. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone staying in Seattle. Also awesome spaghetti dinner!

• 2nd Jul 2015

All good. I would stay there again.

There are 2 staffmembers, that aren't very friendly and welcoming all the the rest isgreat. The free meals are delicious! Only downside is that there is no ACAC. Each bunk has its wn little fan, which helps, but makes some noise as well. Overall a nice place to stau with an amazing locationlocation!

I really enjoyed the hostel. The location makes it easier to get to places. The huge locker beneath the bed lets me to store things safely. The best thing was the activities organized by the staff every day. Since I was travelling alone, I really appreciated them.

Green Tortoise is easy to find. Well labeled, and just a brisk walk away from the light rail station. Facilities are well above average for a hostel. Staff is mostly run by young collegiate age, and are very friendly. Close to Pike Place, so it can get a little noisy at night. Windows aren't insulated. Earplugs are provided if you wish. Breakfast is nice. Cook your own eggs, and pancakes. Fruit was also available.

The only complaint I really have is that the fan to my bed was really dusty. I didn't turn it on because the dust was going to get all over me. Haha. Other than that it's a great hostel to stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5