Green Tortoise Seattle Hostel Reviews

105 1/2 Pike Street, Seattle, USA

Totally recommend Green Tortoise.

• 23rd Apr 2015

Everything was great except that they ran out of hot water in the morning!!

• 18th Apr 2015

Good location, helpful staff, great bathrooms. The dorms were a bit small and hot, but if you stay in the dorm room for most of your stay, you are doing it wrong.

Great staff and wonderful environment to meet people of all ages from all over the world. The complete opposite of a snooty, expensive, anonymous hotel.

• 14th Apr 2015

Seattle Green Tortoise staff are friendly, easy going, and business-like, all at the same time. The whole place is clean. The bathrooms are tidy, and the sleeping room that I was in was likewise well kept. This was my second time at the Seattle Green T, and I'd certainly stay there again. Probably will, in fact.

• 10th Apr 2015

I would have liked if the towel was added to the cost and provided for me. Towel rentals are available to $1 at the front desk - a minor inconvenience for a busu traveler. I would gladly stay there again. What a charming and delightful staff.

• 9th Apr 2015

Good staff

• 8th Apr 2015
  • South Korea

Chelsea at the front desk is awesome not just that she checked me in, she also offered me her jacket for the pub crawl, leading by sasha who's also a great tour guide. If you ever get the chance to join the dead guys and parks tour- do it! The bathrooms in this hostel are amazing, you've a proper bathroom and don't need to share it with other people. Just wanna say thank you for having me and making my stay as much comfortable as possible.

• 6th Apr 2015

amazing place. nice including breakfast and some dinners. top hostel

Great hostel. Lots of individual bathrooms and showers which were all very clean. The rooms themselves are small, but they have privacy curtains. The location is right across the street from Pike Place market.

I really enjoyed my stay here. Prefect location. Free breakfast included Eggs (which is a first for me) and pancakes plus the usuall. Free dinners provided on specific weeknights were amazing, and provided vegetarian options. Common area has a very nice vibe, and they have a smoking room, which although not my cup of tea is certainly an interesting addition. I enjoyed the pub crawls put on by the hostel, but I felt too long was spent at each pub, limiting the number visted.

Yup, theres a reason why this place is great. Free breakfast with eggs, taco and pasta nights (they dont skimp on the food- plenty to eat), GREAT location, good vibe, clean, and has activities for u to do pretty much each day. The owner knows how a backpacker hostel should be like- u can just tell

Great, central location with some of the nicest hostel beds and showers I've seen. The privacy curtains are great! Free food is a plus too. Only negatives would be the oddly-arranged and slightly run-down common room and the urine smell by the front door, but those are really pretty minor things.

This place is great. 100% recommend it. I did have some trouble with the bike rental, it wasn't a well taken care of bike and the staff wasn't happy to hear my feedback.

Great staff and tours! Free dinners are epic!

This is the best located hostel in Seattle, right in downtown by the market. It is also one of the most expensive hostels I've stayed in, however this is partly due to Seattle being expensive in general. It's clean and also busy. The breakfast can be on the thin side, although 3 times a week there is a free dinner that is surprisingly high quality and some decent hostel organised events. The dorm beds are well equiped with a personal fan, light and privacy curtains, which is good.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hostel is clean and comfortable and the facilities are pretty much everything you need or look for in a hostel. And the location is AMAZING.

• 2nd Mar 2015

This was my first time staying at a hostel and it was an amazing experience. Will definitely be staying here when I visit Seattle again!

• 26th Feb 2015

Best location! The staff was awesome and no complaints in the facilities department.

My boyfriend and I stayed in a dorm room with a queen bed over 3 nights. The dorms were clean, spacious, secure and the bathrooms were conveniently located and always clean and stocked! Hostel location is amazing! So close to pike place Markets! The staff were super helpful, it was our first time in Seattle and they pointed us in the right direction for everything from comic book shops to places for eggs Benny! Free breakfast is also a bonus although we didn't participate. Loved this hostel!

• 20th Feb 2015