Green Tortoise Seattle Hostel Reviews

105 1/2 Pike Street, Seattle, USA

Great location with lots of activities to do in and around Seattle.

This was my first stay in a hostel, and it was a fantastic experience. Full rating on al fronts except for staff. The girl at the front desk was a little difficult to communicate with, but they were always very busy, so it wasn't a huge deal. Patience goes a long way. Location was superb; Pike Place Market was literally across the street, and for budget travelers like myself ($60 for three days), I could stretch my money a lot further eating mostly fruit and pastries. Absolutely phenomenal stay.

This was my first hostel experience in the United States, and I was very impress with the Green Tortoise Hostel. Everything was clean and the location you cannot beat. They even ran their own tour groups! I can't wait for my next trip out there!

• 10th Jun 2015

I had a great stay--comfy bed, clean bathrooms, great breakfast, easy access to computer and or wifi, COFFEE, great help PLUS took two terrific tours at the hostel that allowed me to see the entire city in two days--excellent--also found a hunky Kiwi to go see a concert with me in town during my stay

Overall, this is a solid hostel. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean and the staff was quite friendly. Also can't complain about the free dinners and activities (pub crawl) that the hostel organizes. At times, the hostel felt a bit more like a hotel and people seemed content to remain with their respective groups. There were also a couple times when the front desk was massively overwhelmed with people so perhaps they are a bit understaffed. Bottom line, would recommend this hostel.

Top bunk was way too high and miserably hot, even with a fan. Bathrooms were nice (single units with toilet, sink, and nice shower).

Six person bunk rooms need vertical lockers outside room in hall. At this point little options to hang any clothing including coats and damp stuff, especially in winter time. Small six person bunk rooms need better ventilation and better yet AC. Appreciated staff enthusiasm and clean abundant bathrooms. Location right in the middle of good restaurants and fun things to do.

• 3rd Jun 2015

The staff were knowledgable and helpful; some great deals on the best places to go with big discounts if booked via the hostel . It's literally over the road from the famous pike st market , which closes on an evening but has some great places to eat and drink , feels great for single traveller too , I'm single female, felt safe and visited bars on my own , no problems .

• 3rd Jun 2015

the Russian girl on the desk was very informative and super nice.

I defiantly recommend this hostel the location atmosphere and staff were all excellent the activities put on by the staff were great fun and the common room is big and social.

Good hpstel. Very clean and secure. Common space was a bit awkward and felt like a cafeteria. Not super conducive to meeting people but as an eating space was good. Space to lock your bikes was easly accessible, activities were abundant and clearly stated with costs included for transport. Seattle is a cool city and this hostel didn't take away from the experience

Everything about this hostel was great. The staff were always available, warm and friendly. The daily breakfast that the hostel was provided was much appreciated and allowed me to spend more money in Seattle. I have no complaints and will return again.

• 26th May 2015

it was not perfect hostel but pretty good though. you can find it cozy. location is the strongest point there.

Definitely recommend staying here. It's at the heart of downtown Seattle, access to a lot of restaurants and fast-food joints. Price is relatively modest, but love the amenities that the hostel provided. Want to be part of Seattle? This is the place to be in.

A lot of activities, fun pubcrawls. Hard mattresses in beds but nicely done with the curtains and storage. Open, friendly enviroment. Good with egga for breakfast.

• 25th May 2015
  • Sweden

Really appreciated the large lockers and the good wifi

• 24th May 2015

I had a wonderful visit and the staff and the scheduled opportunities for events made my visit to Seattle amazing! I experienced parts of Seattle only someone who lives there can proudly show off. The location is ideal for experiencing the best of Seattle, amazing things all within walking distance. The facility and staff are top notch! I will stay here again for sure!!

• 21st May 2015

Shame the dinner was late on Sunday, we got bored of waiting in the craziness and left. Be good if there were toilets only not full bathrooms so people don't need to wait for those having showers

Our apologies for the late dinner, sometimes things just take longer than expected. For any future stays there are two toilet only bathrooms in the lobby/common area for guests to use at any time in addition to the 16 full bathrooms with showers through out the hostel.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at

Just absolutely loved it.