Green Tortoise Seattle Hostel Reviews

105 1/2 Pike Street, Seattle, USA

Overall a good experience. The neighborhood felt seedy at night; many shady characters wandered the streets. I didn't have any issues with them though. + Stayed in two different rooms, both had super flat pillows but the beds themselves were comfortable. Privacy curtains ran along each bed. + Convenient location! + Wifi was spotty in one room, but I could connect to adjacent coffee shop at any time. + Common room was spacious. + Many showers/bathrooms, always seemed clean.

I can only really describe this as a "do-your-own-thing" hostel. Multi tattooed and pieced staff set the tone in a incense filled reception. It's not what you'd describe as a main stream hostel yet I had a few good days here and the location cannot be beaten. Be mindful that, if you are used to mass market appeal hostels, you may be in for a surprise. I would probably stay here again.

Great location, big hostel. It almost makes it harder to meet people when it's so big. Staff was friendly and I would recommend here if you're traveling alone or with friends and want to have a good hostel experience in the US.

I had loved the Green Tortoise in SF so there was no question about where I would stay in Seattle. Great atmosphere, friendly staff and you can't beat the location. I bought a ticket to visit the EMP museum through them and I'm so glad I did as I loved it!

Hostel tour guide out standing and humerous!

• 7th Feb 2014

Staff was very helpful. Only challenge was it really noisy on 2nd floor in front. 3rd floor in back was much better.

• 4th Feb 2014

Great friendly staff. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Beds very comfortable. Very good downtown location right beside the market

• 1st Feb 2014
  • Northern Ireland
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I arrived at 12:30AM to check in and rang the doorbell, no one answered. This continued for a good ten minutes. I ended up having to call them and only then did they open the door. If I was from out of country, or without a working phone, I would not have been able to enter the premisses. My guess is that the staff were helping someone else at the time, or away from the desk, but this is not really an acceptable way to treat guests, especially so late at night.

Excellent location right near the Pike St Market. There's a good kitchen and big common space where it is easy to meet people in the mornings/evenings.

Greatest hostel ever! Awesome kitchen with a dishwasher, some free dinners (love taco!), fun and helpful staff. Super nice breakfast every day! Only bad thing was that the pasta dinners was not enough for all people some days. We believe they should boil more pasta in that case.

1 2 3 Next » last »