Green Tortoise Seattle Hostel Reviews

105 1/2 Pike Street, Seattle, USA

This was my second time staying at the Tortoise. I guess my willingness to repeat visit speaks pretty loudly that I endorse the hostel. In my dorm, each bed had a small personal fan. Can't say I see that often in hostels, but it's brilliant. Lets you control the temperature a little, and lets you somewhat drown out snoring and talking. Not a fan of their draconian No Drinks in the Room policy, but I don't think it's unreasonable. Just inconvenient. I would stay there a third time.

Personally I'd rather pay a lot less and have a lot less facilities, but it seems that these flash-packer-type places are popping up everywhere now. Nowhere near the cheapest hostel I ever stayed in, but i did love the clean/private toilets and the little curtains around the bed, ensuring privacy at all times. Would rather it be 15bucks with no breakfast or wifi, but then again - I'm not most travellers and there's not much choice in Seattle!

Nice hostel with good vibe and good breakfast. Good facilites and nice staff. The location is close to the market, which is a tourist spot, but other than that not so much is happening in that area. Public transportation is good in Seattle though.

Great location and great overall hostel. Free dinner 3 times a week. Free daily breakfast. Many private bathrooms with showers. Never had to wait to take a morning shower. Bunks have privacy curtains, which are very convenient when you are trying to sleep. Staff give tips about getting around town and recommend places to see. Definitely would stay here again.

• 4th Apr 2014

Hostel was in a great location, close to pike place markets. Free toast and eggs to cook which is good for a traveller and free dinners a couple of times a week. Atmosphere of hostel was okay, didn't seem like much of a party place , and there were a few drifters/borderline homeless people which was uncomfortable especially when one was staying in my room.

Great location and the staff were real friendly and helpful. The Pub crawls were AWESOME! If I am ever back in Seattle I will be coming back for sure!

Had a great stay. Very impressed.

Perfect location but the facilities were pretty old and the bathrooms are kinda smelly..

• 25th Mar 2014
  • South Korea

Nothing to complain about just your typical hostel. Have stayed here twice in the last four years and no problems. Best thing was the free dinner and the location of the hostel

The hostel is well located and you can get to everything easily from there. The room was tiny and very noisy at night. Sounded like it was above a nightclub.

Very excellent location,clean bathroom,good staff,free dinner...d only things is wifi has down for quite many days.

Good stay. Many opportunities to meet new people. The staff put fruits every morning. Wifi ables just in common room.

• 20th Mar 2014