Green Track Hostel Reviews

Calle Ricardo Palma 516, Iquitos, Peru

The worst place I have ever stayed in any country. We had to bring our own lock for the door of our private double room. Didn't have one so had to go buy one. The people who run the place were on vacation so there was no staff except the cleaning woman. Iquitos isn't nice in general but staying here I have never felt more scared. Door barely locked from the inside, a fan not air conditioning, and you find nicer showers at a camp site. Almost forfeited the deposit and went somewhere else.

Great, I think you forgot that Iatended you when you arrived explained in English that you have to use own locker for private room( like many other hostel) across trhe street for S/5,00 US$1,69. Also gave you all direction about the town informed we dont have Info desk past 20:00, asked if was everything ok. You booke room with fan we do have AC. Our shower.. Im sorry you think that. it is not truew that it was only the cleaning lady I attended you. I wish a great 2015.

Good location. Quiet hostel. Wifi and tv and basic breakfast included. Lockers outside room are quite small and unable to fit a standard size bag. Staff very helpful

Thank you for the review, I just have to desagree that our breakfast is BASIC, considereing the standart of the hostels breakfast in Peru. We have 4 fresh types of fruits, tea and coffe (as much you want self service), brad, butter, jam, and a boiled egg included in the price. Lockers are 35cm 120cm, more than enough to store a normal size back back. Our staff is here to give you as much information is possible to maximize the quality of your visit to Iquitos.

It's a bit further from the city center compared to some of the other hostels, but it was actually great to be away from the busy commercial area, especially if you're in Iquitos to work with the medicine. The people running the hostel were my favorite thing about staying at Green Track! My entire trip to Peru could not have been the same without Fernando and Soleil! For only staying 3 nights(around my ayahuasca retreat), I cannot express how much they're love & wisdom meant to me. Thank you, BG

We had a really great stay at Green Track! Fernando and Soleil where so welcoming and friendly, and really helpful during our stay. We really liked that they told us about the jungle animals wellbeing before we chose our jungle trip and the tour they can arrange in the Belen market was really an experience. We would defenetly recommend the Green Track Hostel.

Great located, great staff and had a great stay! The owner is really helpful and knows lots of activities which can be done and support also natural environment protection. No matter what kind of information or interest you need/have, he knows everything! There is really no issue with ringing the bell during the night, since you get a key to avoid this (mean if people loose the key it is their fault, not hostel). Once we were sitting all together and had lots of bottles Vodka, sponsored by 'em

• 3rd Sep 2014

Hi Safina, Thank you for the generous review, we are still improving and learning, New lockers, new managmant, Wish you happy travles and safe way back to Germany

I was very happy with the hostel. It is cheap and cheerful. Reading a few other reviews - some bathrooms were missing latches, but it's not a big deal. The place was cleaned every day.sometimes people dump muddy clothes everywhere (like us) and make a mess! We had keys to the hostel so got in easily... Breakfast included fruit and a hard boiled egg - up there with the best I had in Peru. Murilo gave us fantastic advice about going to the Amazon - arranging a home stay for us which we loved.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Dirty hostel with no apparent owners. Very noisy and hard to sleep, the room was hot dirty gross cramped. Had to leave asap the next morning to find a new hostel. The owners don't stay overnight and the guests have to keep opening door for hostel guests ringing loud bell through out night and next morning. Staff member did not speak English and couldn't help with advice or planning. Beware do not stay here.

We're sorry to hear about your experience. The owner had a medical emergency and couldn't tend to the hostel for a week, including the night you stayed. The desk attendant did provide you a map and direct you to iPeru. All rooms have fan or a/c-you were in a fan dorm. We can't control the mess that other guests in the dorm make, and we do have private rooms for private space. Guests have keys but may lose them when out partying; we usually don't have a problem. We will be re-training staff.