Green Track Hostel Reviews

Calle Ricardo Palma 516, Iquitos, Peru

I was very happy with the hostel. It is cheap and cheerful. Reading a few other reviews - some bathrooms were missing latches, but it's not a big deal. The place was cleaned every day.sometimes people dump muddy clothes everywhere (like us) and make a mess! We had keys to the hostel so got in easily... Breakfast included fruit and a hard boiled egg - up there with the best I had in Peru. Murilo gave us fantastic advice about going to the Amazon - arranging a home stay for us which we loved.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Dirty hostel with no apparent owners. Very noisy and hard to sleep, the room was hot dirty gross cramped. Had to leave asap the next morning to find a new hostel. The owners don't stay overnight and the guests have to keep opening door for hostel guests ringing loud bell through out night and next morning. Staff member did not speak English and couldn't help with advice or planning. Beware do not stay here.

We're sorry to hear about your experience. The owner had a medical emergency and couldn't tend to the hostel for a week, including the night you stayed. The desk attendant did provide you a map and direct you to iPeru. All rooms have fan or a/c-you were in a fan dorm. We can't control the mess that other guests in the dorm make, and we do have private rooms for private space. Guests have keys but may lose them when out partying; we usually don't have a problem. We will be re-training staff.

This was a cosy hostel, easy to meet people and relax. There is only cold water for showers, but this isn't a problem with the hot weather. In the dorms some mattresses are comfortable and some are not. The staff are friendly. Just make sure you get a key off them as we were locked out of the hostel for 20 minutes at 2 in the morning.

The only comment I would make is that the staff weren't around that much. Sometime when I had a problem and wanted to ask them something I'd have to go and look for them first. Also I heard some bad comments about the breakfast - however I thought it was really good, my boiled egg was still hot when I went at 8am and there weren't flies on the fruit like I'd read about.

Thanks for staying with us. The owner had a medical emergency during the time you stayed, so staff numbers and attendance was not to normal standards. The bad comments you read from last year about the breakfast are not a problem anymore because we have completely changed all the staff and even the hostel building and facilities since then, and we are proud of the breakfast we offer. Thanks again for choosing the Green Track Hostel.

Dirty place, noisy, there is not privacy in the shared bathrooms And showers. All negative comments in hostelworld are true, stay elsewhere!!!!!!

I had a great time at Green Track. Everyone was friendly and helpful, and breakfast was always delicious. The only thing I did not like was that the bathroom door didn't latch completely. I get that it's a hostel so lack of privacy is to be expected, but having to hold the bathroom door shut with my foot so it doesn't fly open while I pee is a little much.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us in Iquitos. We're proud of our breakfast and glad you enjoyed it. We would have been happy to fix the bathroom door or anything else that might have needed attention if you had mentioned it during your stay. We want everyone to feel comfortable and do our best to make it happen! Thanks again for your stay and we welcome you back anytime.

Good place, with very helpful staff, clean and quiet at night. I had a private room with ensuite bathroom that was very comfy.

Thank you for staying with us while you were in Iquitos! We're glad you had a pleasant stay and are particularly happy to hear that you enjoyed quiet, restful nights. We chose the location of the hostel strategically, to be away from the noise and chaos of the main plaza but still be close enough to walk to restaurants and attractions. Thanks again and let us know if you'll be back in Iquitos in the future!

It was fairly quiet which is what I prefer. Debra, the host was great. I appreciate the hospitality and the insight she provided regarding Iquitos.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us. We do our best to help people feel comfortable in the hostel and in Iquitos. Now you know you have a home in the jungle!