Green Tulip House Reviews

85 Samlan Road, Chiang Mai, Thailand

The staff here made it a really fun place to stay in Chiang Mai, creating a good atmosphere and having great knowledge of what to do in the area. The location was a bit out from the nightlife area, but as the main attractions are outside Chiang Mai, it doesn't matter.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed. The rooms are very clean, especially the bathrooms. Just that they close the door after 10pm and you need to ring them up is not that good. But the staff is very, very nice, and location is good, i dont mind walking a bit and it was quiet there :) would definetly come back.

We had a great stay here and all the staff were fantastic, we went on a couple of tours which were reasonably priced and they organised these so all we had to do was be up at the right time in the morning! Really made our stay in Chiang mai special....

We loved this place. All the people that work at the Green Tulip House are very nice and helpful. Thank you for such an amazing time in Chiang Mai.

The staff are very friendly its a very welcoming atmosphere. Probally the cleanest GH I have seen in Thailand. The staff do care about you but also have a strong Sales pitch, if you dont have a Problem with this then this is for you. Location is very quite and relaxed (not in the Main Party/Restaurant area).

Nina was a great host! This was one of the best and one of our favorite hostels we stayed in during our 6 week SEA backpacking trip. Rooms were big and clean, the shower was seperated by a wall from the rest of the bathroom. Lots of information about the different things to do around Chiang Mai, food at the restaurant is good.

NOT a very pleasant experience when I was staying in Green Tulip House for 2 days. Staffs were nice, but there were just beds, towels, a desk with locker and a standard toilet then nothing else in the room. The toilet bowl couldn’t stop leaking, motorbikes roared and dogs barked for the whole night cause it’s too close to the street. Not worth the price. Another thing, they canceled my booking after I checked out that I can’t comment. So I wonder whether it’s kind of cheating of the hostel worl

Green Tulip was one of the best hostels on our trip! The location was brilliant, it is situated in the old part of the city and it s the walking distance to all of the major temples as well as bars and restaurants areas! The staff was very helpful and greeted as warmly upon the arrival. The best thing about it though was the room. It was very spacious, and super clean! The Wifi was working perfectly and we also had air-con which came in really handy! All in all we really enjoyed our stay!

• 27th Jan 2014
  • Croatia

Rooms are big and clean but is not really central, you gotta walk quite a way or get a tuk tuk. And staff helps you based on their interest and on what they can sell to you.

Overall a pretty good hostel, and it's less touristy location allows you to see more of the actual city rather than just the tourist bars. Can get a little noisy at night if you're on the first floor, and it makes you feel a bit guilty to come home after they've closed, since the woman that works there has to get out of bed to let you in. Not the best system, but it's not a deal breaker. Try the banana pancakes.

Definitely one of the cleanest places we've stayed in Thailand. I found the dubstep/smooth jazz always pumping in the lobby to be a little off-putting, but it seems like most people don't mind. The owner is very helpful and friendly and suggests activities without being pushy, which is nice.

Wonderful place and staff is amazing

Clean and secure, but it's a decent walk to the center of the city and I thought I was going to lose it if they put one more tour brochure in my face. Everything about this hostel is money, money, money. We forgot to pay for one breakfast right after we ate it and they yelled at us before we even step foot back in the common area. They make a ton of commission on tours, so if you book one through them make sure you bargain hard. Can't get in at night without ringing doorbell & waking them up

Decent hostel, particularly for couples. Our room was huge and the bed was extremely comfortable. Good shower and air con. Certainly not a party hostel but if you are looking for somewhere nice to stay then this could be the place!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in, and certainly the best of the four or five I've tried now in Chiang Mai. Good, big, comfortable rooms. Very friendly and helpful staff. (By the way, believe them when they recommend the SIam Rice cooking class -- it was great.) We rented a scooter organised by the hostel for one day too, and it was a good one and reasonably priced. We would definitely stay here next time we're in Chiang Mai, no question.

We had a private double on the ground floor and it was BY FAR the cleanest place we have stayed in. The maid comes in to clean every day and changed the towels every other day. The hostel was built recently when they moved location so benefits from all new beds/furniture. It has lockable drawers and excellent air con. There is a delicious restaurant just down the street called Hoi Ka. Not a social hostel and no comfy seats to sit in an relax in communal areas

Had a great stay at Green Tulip Room. The staff was friendly and super helpful. And my room was pristine. Wifi was a bit difficult to get in the room though. Overall, my stay here was just easy. And the place is welcoming and cheerful. Great home base to explore the old city and the rest of Chiang Mai. Would recommend for travelers looking for a reliable, comfortable space with great value.

This hostel is the friendliest hostel I ever stayed in! The staff are the best and are so knowledgeable about the local area! I recommend this place to anybody travelling to Chiang Mai. But just a heads up , a tuk-tuk is a must to go anywhere or taxi as the city centre is not a comfortable walking distance!