Green Tulip House Reviews

85 Samlan Road, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Great hostel, great staff. Stayed in private room for 2 nights (worth it) and 4-person room for 2 nights with a jungle trek in between. Stella and the rest of her staff are extremely helpful and honest :) Also good cheap food in the restaurant downstairs- recommended to anyone staying in Chiang Mai!

I liked the room and the hostel itself but I didn´t like the staff specially and not the atmosphere either. It irritated me to see warnings about having to pay fine if there was lotion in the sheets. And one night a person from the staff knocked on my door - I got the feeling she was checking if I was smoking or something - at least there was nothing she said when I opened. Stella had promised to tell me what to see in Chiang Mai but she just pointed at 3 temples on the map and that was it.

Staff are quality. Rooms are very clean and comfy. Walls are thin so noise is kept to minimum and no chance of guests in room. Good and cheap food available on site. Would defentatly stay again for comfortable rest stop.

• 12th Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The staff was amazingly helpful with tour suggestions, booking tours, suggested what's the best area and activities to see and do in Chiangmai and made our trip easy and enjoyable. The location is not very far from the city life and was safe to walk back late at night with friends. My friends and I recommend this hostel because we came with no set itinerary and came out having a great Chiangmai experince.

Staff were amazingly helpful, always there giving advice, keen to organise side trips and having a laugh with the guests Also a good location

Very welcoming. Stella (jack of all trades) was awesome and can help with anything because her English is very good. Decent location. Room were clean and had two lockable drawers for goods. AC helped in the hots days/nights. Only thing is I think could come down about 5-10$ a night. Otherwise we recommend!

• 4th Jan 2015

Though the rooms and atmosphere were fantastic, the best part of Green Tulip House was the staff. Stella was incredibly helpful in ensuring we enjoyed our stay. She booked our tours and directed us to nearby places to eat. The location is not too far from the airport, but we did not find much to do within walking distance. We didn't want to leave!

Stella and her husband who run the place are delightful and extremely helpful! We stayed here with our family (2 20 something kids) and it was perfect for us. Most of the guests there were in there 20's and 30's but we still loved it. Stella will eagerly arrange all your day trips and excursions for you so take advantage of this. Great place and would stay there again!

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Couple, 41+

We had a wonderful time at Green tulip. Very good value for money and very clean. Staff was wonderful and had great recommendations on where to go.

• 26th Dec 2014

I stayed for 5 days in a private suite on the third floor. My room was below the cistern located on the roof and I would continuously hear the cistern/water. The hostel, otherwise, was clean and well priced. Stella spends time to get to know you and help you plan activities. It may feel like a sale at times but take your time and make sure to do your own research.

• 9th Dec 2014

The service was very good & the staff was very nice/helpful. I wish the lady was a bit more open about the elephant training because I didn't realize the elephants were in chains when I got there. She didn't give me the choice of going to the elephant nature park which was what I really wanted. There's disturbing noise (I think coming up from the roof) every day. I wish there's a common area to sit in the evening to meet other travelers. The rooftop area was uninviting to hang out (dark).

• 9th Dec 2014

Great stay, great staff. Stayed 3 nights, then again for one night on our way back through chiang Mai on our way to cambodia, two different rooms. Both were clean quiet and secure. Very helpful and friendly staff.

• 28th Nov 2014

Classic hostel. This is what I hope to find when I travel. Nice and clean but still affordable, really fun outgoing atmosphere in the main room where you can make easy friends. If you want to find stuff to do in or around chiang mai this is your place.

Great place

• 18th Nov 2014

The hostel was very nice, cleaned thoroughly everyday which was excellent. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful especially Stella. Stella helped us organise everything from day trips to tuk tuks for dinner. The hostel had a lovely atmosphere and everyone I spoke to enjoyed their stay. I stayed in a private room, the bed was great and it had remote control A/C , the shower was also brilliant, always hot water when needed. The hostel really made our stay in Chiang Mai :)

• 8th Nov 2014

Very nice hostel located near Chiang Mai's city center. There are always a bunch of people coming and going, which makes it a nice place to chat and share experiences with fellow travellers. The hostess, Stella, is extremely helpful and even though she is very commercially oriented her recommendations never disappoint. Recommended.

A great hostel, one of the best since I am traveling through South east Asia. They are really friendly and helpfull and there is a large area for people to chill and have some drinks. The rooms are very clean and they even wake you up if you booked a tour. Also the location is perfect.

One of the cleanes hostels I've stayed in Thailand - hits european standars. Awesome staff, especially Stella - she'll take care that you'll have a great time staying at her place :-)

• 17th Sep 2014

The owner is a lovely person and my room was extremely comfortable.

• 30th Aug 2014

Great place to stay, a little bit out of the way from the main town but it's not too far if you don't mind walking a bit. Really great communal area which is good for meeting people, rooms are clean and tidy and brightly decorated. Stella the manager is a legend!