Green Tulip House Reviews

85 Samlan Road, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Ms. Stella is like your hostel mom! She is the sweetest lady in the world. I love her attention to detail, she works to remember your name and makes you feel very welcome. All of the staff are very helpful and will assist in making your stay as enjoyable as possible. The facilities are also very clean and the A/C is great! Would have loved to be there longer.

• 28th Jul 2015

Owner is awesome and knows where to go for your type of budget

Great hostel, great staff, great room, great hostess, great job setting up our trek and the visit to the elephant sanctuary.

• 24th May 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff.

Great staff, very helpful. Not the most social hostel but great rooftop deck, met some amazing people there and they helped arrange a few things around Chaing Mai. I would certainly recommend staying here. Stella is the coolest and sweetest lady - hilarious and sweet. She will help you out with anything you need - ride to airport, directions to anywhere. Great stay!

Thanks for the great stay, the place was clean, the breakfast was good, Stella was so nice, you all were super accommodating, we appreciate everything. Thank you.

This is a really great hostel in Chiang Mai. The staff is very friendly and helps with all your needs. The location is great since everything is such a close walk. This street also has amazing street food!

This was the cleanest hostel I've ever been in my entire life! Beds comfy, atmosphere calm

The Green Tulip is outstanding value for money. It is clean, tidy, secure and with very friendly staff. The lady in charge could not be more helpful. She runs a tight ship with her staff, to the benefit f the customers. The Hostel is in the south west corner of the old walled city and it is only a walk to the south east corner, so facilities are easily available. The ooms are adequately furnished and as ever you get what you pay for.

• 10th Mar 2015

amazing hostel! showers are sooooo nice!! not close to much but lovely staff!

The staff at GTH are excellent! They're very attentive to guests' needs.

• 28th Feb 2015

I was disappointed with our 3-night stay given the reviews. Firstly it is situated in an area of town with few facilities and the main areas of Chiang Mai are 15-20 minutes walk. But the my main concern is the rooms providing little chance of sleep - very thin curtains and noise from a machine on the roof, it is like torture. And there is no atmosphere with the communal area closed from 10pm.

Has to be the best in Chiang Mai. Private room seems hotel worthy and the building seems more solid than what I'm used to in Thailand. Best showers in the country. And indeed Stella is a great host, despite the hard sell on some of the tours.

The owner Stella is the best! She is so helpful, nice and super fun! She was able to answer any questions that we had and she booked all of our tours/tuk tuks. I got a slight cold while during my stay and she gave me Tylenol and made me porridge to help my stomach. The hostel area was a little far from the bar area but it wasn't a problem. The whole hostel is really colorful and clean and the rooftop was a nice place to hang out. We also met some great people - highly recommend!

Very nice staff, always so friendly and so helpful! it was a pleasure to stay here - hope I 'll be back one day!

Excellent hostel! Awesome staff, even more the lady in charge! she's the best! They help you out with all the activities that are possible in Chiang Mai, from elephant riding to mountain biking. Really clean hostel!. 100% Recommended!...

Green Tulip House was a very warm and welcoming hostel. Came into it with open arms! Stella, Doug and their family are the sweetest! The room that I stayed in was clean, the bathroom was probably the cleanest bathroom out of the hostels I've ever been in (plus!). I hoped that there was a common lounge area that was open 24/7. However, with that said, it did encourage us to go out and explore the bars and restaurants at night. Thank you again Green Tulip House!

• 7th Feb 2015

The reason that this rating is lower than it could have been is due to the behaviour of the older gentleman that worked at the desk. As I spoke to a red cab driver outside the premises, about the possibility of perhaps hiring him to go to one tourist spot, the man came running out from the desk shouting at me, telling me not to talk to this cab driver and saying that he could organize a tour for me. I thought he was going to grab me, he was so angry. This is harassment and not acceptable.

You both was having breakfast and suddenly it was your wife that was rushing out to stop the red taxi which was about to go which we had arrange for a guest to go to the airport. She was holding up the driver whom i asked that he did not understand of what she was asking and i told her that she could speak to me for her to go where even she need to go and arrange for her. It was you both that were angry,shouted and scolded at me for nothing which i was helping you up!