8.5
Fabulous 533 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 533 Total Reviews
Green Tulip House Located at 85 Samlan Road, , Chiang Mai.
Thailand
Chiang Mai 50200 85 Samlan Road
85% 533
18.7819980 98.9817179
    Rooms available

• Netherlands, Female, 25-30
25th Apr 2016
6.3

Dont really get why this hostel has got such a high rating.. The location is good, the staf is Nice and hostel overall is okay but you can find sth better for the same price. It's Not clearly stated which rooms have a fan, there were ants in the room, stains on the sheets and a cleaning lady walked in without knocking at 8 am while we were sleeping.

21st Apr 2016

Great rooms, we had a sizely private suite with A/C which was clean. Great location in the Old City walking distance from all the temples and great food.

16th Apr 2016

Overall okay. I stayed in a private room, so I can't speak to the dorm rooms.

• Hong Kong, Female, 25-30
8.0

Clean and large room with lockers,staff are ok,close to sat market,not bad

12th Apr 2016

Loved the green tulip the were very friendly and helpful. Located in a great spot in old town very clean and AC! Food wasn't great there. Would defiantly come back again.

12th Apr 2016

I can't say enough good things about Green Tulip Hostel. Stella is so AMAZING and will help you out with anything that you need. She definitely makes your stay that much better. Very clean and close to the center of town. I would love to stay here again.

• Philippines, All Female Group, 25-30
10th Apr 2016
2.6

Booked this hostel from my phone. It did not show which dorm has fan vs AC. I realized that I booked a fan room when I arrived. My friend had an AC room. I was hanging out with my friend in her room sitting on her bed and the owner lady just came and kicked me out very rudely. She told me to get out. There was another traveler in the room and he said he's OK with me staying here and she still had to kick me out very rudely. Also two girls in my room had to share one key for their locker.

You had booked both booking,1 for yourself and 1 for your friend,how could you not realized when you did the bookings which there were vary different in the price,if you were not sure what you had booked,you could e-mail us before you arrive to confirm what type of dorm room you had booked,whether a fan or an a/c dorm. You were catch sleeping on the bed,talking and laughing loudly in your friend’s a/c dorm room,you were told nicely to leave and go back to your fan dorm room which you had booked for yourself,you were disturbing other guests in the a/c dorm room while they were sleeping,how could it be possibly he told you it is OK when he was sleeping! 2 girls had to share 1 locker with 1 key cos they only put down 1 key deposit,they had a chose for 2 keys deposit for 2 lockers but they did not want to,therefore they had to shared 1 locker!

10th Apr 2016
2.9

I never leave comments unless it's spectacular/abysmal service and unfortunately this hostel has THE worst service I've ever encountered in my years of traveling. Reception literally laughed in my friend's face when confronted that one key opened ALL the lockers. Woman yelled/screeched at me when parking my moto. Found a random worker sleeping in one of the empty beds in our room in the middle of the night and also found out random worker entered another friend's room as well.

We laughed cos the stupidity of the question when your friend asked about the locker key during check in,asking whether 1 locker key could open all of the lockers in the dorm room,we told her NO,if she need to use a locker she has to put down a key deposit of 200 baht which we will return her when check out but she refused to do so and insisted that we give her 1 locker key to open 2 of the lockers which is impossible! The lady told you once,twice to remove your motorbike to the parking area but you ignore and confronted her,she had to yelled and shouted at you then you willingly moved your motorbike out of the prohibited area. You must be having a bed dream during the night,you and your friends had booked 2 separate dorm rooms,guests in those rooms walk in and out all day and night,we have only 1 security staff working during the night and he has his own nice private room,why should he be sleeping in the dorm room and why didn’t you told us about it the next morning?

• jmsorkowitz
  • USA, Male, 25-30
6th Apr 2016

Can not stress enough how great of a hostel this is. Stella is such a wonderful host. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Stella helped us book all of our activities, get us taxis and even cooked for us! Great location in the Old City as well. Wifi worked great. A+, thank you Stella! - Jeff, Ryan and Paul

• England, Couple, 18-24
5th Apr 2016

This place was amazing, so clean and tidy, had everything we needed, the food was great and the staff were lovely. We did 4 tours through the hostel and they sorted it all out for us.