Green Tulip House Reviews

85 Samlan Road, Chiang Mai, Thailand

The hostel was very nice, cleaned thoroughly everyday which was excellent. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful especially Stella. Stella helped us organise everything from day trips to tuk tuks for dinner. The hostel had a lovely atmosphere and everyone I spoke to enjoyed their stay. I stayed in a private room, the bed was great and it had remote control A/C , the shower was also brilliant, always hot water when needed. The hostel really made our stay in Chiang Mai :)

• 8th Nov 2014

Very nice hostel located near Chiang Mai's city center. There are always a bunch of people coming and going, which makes it a nice place to chat and share experiences with fellow travellers. The hostess, Stella, is extremely helpful and even though she is very commercially oriented her recommendations never disappoint. Recommended.

A great hostel, one of the best since I am traveling through South east Asia. They are really friendly and helpfull and there is a large area for people to chill and have some drinks. The rooms are very clean and they even wake you up if you booked a tour. Also the location is perfect.

One of the cleanes hostels I've stayed in Thailand - hits european standars. Awesome staff, especially Stella - she'll take care that you'll have a great time staying at her place :-)

• 17th Sep 2014

The owner is a lovely person and my room was extremely comfortable.

• 30th Aug 2014

Great place to stay, a little bit out of the way from the main town but it's not too far if you don't mind walking a bit. Really great communal area which is good for meeting people, rooms are clean and tidy and brightly decorated. Stella the manager is a legend!

Stayed at Green Tulip in August. We wanted to spend a few nights in Chiang Mai but arrived with no activities scheduled but an idea in mind about what we wanted to do. Once we arrived Stella was awesome, she made recommendations on what to do and where to go and booked everything for us. An overnight trek into the jungle is a must, if you have the time. We stayed in a private room, very large & spacious, comfortable bed, A/C, clean bathroom & security box. Happy to stay again & recommend. THANKS

This hostel is definitely very clean and impeccable. Rooms are big, aircon was great, shower was awesome. Nevertheless, I didn't like that the hostel constantly tried to sell me stuff. It kind of made it uncomfortable for me and my friends to hang around the hostel, which I think is a very important thing for travelers. But if you're looking for a clean hostel and you want to buy a lot of trips and spend a lot of money, this is the place to go to.

Stella is the best ever! She is so much fun and will help you to book anything you want to do.

This hostel was wonderful ! From the moment we walked in we were asked what we wanted to do in chiang mai and everything was organise for us.We did NOT want to RIDE elephants as that is painful for them. instead we went to an elephant retirement camp where rescued elephants are treated nicely. They are rescued from captivity in circuses or riding camps where toursist can take that cruel photo riding them.the hostel was clean safe had towels and Stella was so nice always smiling and helping us

Great spot! The staff were very helpful and the facilities were very clean! Would stay here again.

Stela was great, very friendly and very kind.

Only lacking a tv really but when travelling a bar is where you should watch the game I guess so no complaints. Excellent breakfast as they go and good atmosphere.

Booked this hostel after reading excellent reviews, including on trip advisor. It lived up to all expectations. Good facilities (inc safe deposit) and breakfast. One of the best things about this hostel are the staff. Stella (who you will come to know!) is very helpful when it comes to local sights/booking tours etc, and genuinely hilarious! Really enjoyed staying here and wished to have had longer to spend here. Would definitely recommend it!