Green Tulip House Reviews

85 Samlan Road, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Stella and her staff were excellent. They helped us with everything we needed, recommended really good trips for us and sorted all the details out. The rooms were really clean and had air con which is a bonus. Breakfast was included. We would recommend the green tulip for a great place to stay in chiang mai.

Bro. Hands down one of the friendliest staff i've ever encountered. Stella is awesome and will always greet you by your first name. They help you with tours and excursions and so their best to get you the best deal. Accommodation was great. I'd for sure go back.

Great place to stay whilst backpacking the staff are brilliant so friendly and very helpful. Food was also so very good. I would definitely stay again!

The whole experience at this hostel was great.. The staff was great and the location was perfect. It was quiet and exactly what we wanted. Would recommend it for sure!!

Great option for Chiang Mai. We originally booked for 2 nights but stayed for 2 more and would definitely come back. Rooms are clean and spacious and the bathroom/shower is huge. Cheap delicious meals available all day and good free breakfast. They didn't try to sell anything to us but they helped book us an excellent tour at a discount. Laundry service was dirt cheap and clothes came out great. Some of the negative reviews on here seem like they must be for a different place. Two thumbs up

Stella and the rest of the staff are all wonderful. They were so kind and helpful with booking everything from taxis to tours. The food served by the kitchen is all delicious. The location is great and it is easy to walk around the inner city from the hostel, or everything is just a short tuk-tuk away. The atmosphere wasn't very social at the hostel. I never saw more than a few people, and they mostly kept to themselves, but I still enjoyed my stay.

Amazing hostel. Got to meet many other people, got free breakfasts in the morning (great espresso!), staff were so friendly and even recommended and helped arrange a ziplining and cooking class for my friend and I - we just paid for the price with the hostel and they took care of the rest! (which was more than great since I knew no Thai). Staff also helped recommend night markets and things to do and gave us maps and tips. Stella was especially great! Location, A/C, security and all were great.

• 4th Sep 2015

We had a great time here! Very friendly and helpful staff, facilities were clean and secure. Great aircon, bathroom and wifi. breakfast included! Simple coffee, toast and fruit but very much appreciated since most hostels don't offer it. It was a little loud at night (chickens and people)

If I could give this hostel zero stars, I would. Staying here was a terrible experience. The staff were rude and unhelpful. It felt more like a sales office than a place to rest. Before even shown to our room we were bombarded with brochures for various activities. They seemed uninterested in assisting us with anything that did not involve them receiving commission.

• 5th Aug 2015

Ms. Stella is like your hostel mom! She is the sweetest lady in the world. I love her attention to detail, she works to remember your name and makes you feel very welcome. All of the staff are very helpful and will assist in making your stay as enjoyable as possible. The facilities are also very clean and the A/C is great! Would have loved to be there longer.

Owner is awesome and knows where to go for your type of budget