Green Valley International Hostel Reviews

45 Muong Hoa Road, Sapa, Sapa, Vietnam

Good location but needs a refurb

For three bucks a night its hard to complain. The rooms had big beds, not bunks, so that was also nice. However, I've seen cleaner hostels.

Great host - Vietnamese husband and wife. Walking distance to Sa pa,town. Nice valley view. One stop shop, you can book everything there!

Good location, comfortable beds, STUNNING view, and the food was good. Never saw anyone at the front desk apart from when we checked in, and things seemed quite disorganised (eg they let my friend get on a bus to the train station without giving her her ticket). Also, when we hired bikes from them there was so little gas in the tanks that we had to walk to the gas station, even though we'd been assured we would make it there fine. Stay here for the view, though, and you will not regret it!

We got a free pick up from the busstation by arrival in sapa. The owners were very friendly and gave us really good information. The view from the green valley is amazing and it's only a short walk away from the town where all the restaurants and shops are. I can definitely recommend this place!

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

Originally were staying in a 4 person dorm which we didn't like. Very crammed due to the size of the beds

We stayed here for 2 nights. it's a little out the way down a hill but not too far out, 5min walk to town. Arrived, but no one around, walked up stairs to communal area

Great location- a very short walk from the centre of town (5-10 minutes), down a quiet street looking out onto the mountains. Staff are friendly and they book affordable tours, although service was slow. We stayed in a twin room for two- it was a really nice room, and the beds were very spacious, enough room for a snug two people per bed.

I love this place!!!!! For only $3 a night, you have a million dollar view! Truly amazing and such a pleasure to wake up every morning and sit on the balcony with the rolling Sapa hills. Could have stayed forever! Staff are super friendly and the breakfasts you can buy downstairs are great and very well priced. Try the delicious Apple and Wild Honey pancakes. Will be back! :)

Absolutely amazing given the price. The cheapest accommodation I've ever stayed in but also one of the best. The views are incredible from the balconies by each room. The common room is nice and the beds are comfy (for Vietnam). The only criticism I have is that the reception and bar were sometimes left unattended by the staff. Other than that, perfect.

I would recommend this hostel wholeheartedly. The food is reasonably priced, the views are stunning, the beds are comfortable and the staff go over and beyond the call of duty to help you out. They went out of their way, during their busiest time, to make sure they got me to the bus to Hanoi on time. Unbelievable value for money!

• 24th May 2014

Had a lovely stay. Has a beautiful view overlooking the montains. On the edge of the village but only takes 10 mins to walk into the center.

I had a quality time at Green Valley Hotel. I booked a bed in 4-bed dorm from Hostelworld. They offered free pick-up service from the Sapa bus station (but you have to call them when you arrived, not practical though because most of us didn't purchase Vietnamese SIM.) I enjoyed the spectacular view of Sapa valley from the dorm balcony. Staff are friendly. Luu organised everything including treks, train ticket, etc. for me very well.

The price can't be beat! I stayed in a 4 person dorm and it was single beds, not bunks. There was a balcony with a lovely view. My only criticisms are that the washroom could have been cleaned more often, the staff wasn't always around (but were super nice when they were) and the wifi was pretty spotty in my room. Great value though and would definitely recommend!

A perfect stay, perfect view and people staff!

• 10th Apr 2014

Staff was amazingly flexible when it came to paying, extending, booking trips/tickets, etc. Lockers were pretty dodgy/broken but oh well. Extra points for the good food and fireplace, all in all a great place!

Nice place to stay, but don't book train tickets there! We actually had to pay a lot (10$ more than at the train station) and were rebooked to a different train without notice and were put into a lower category than we paid for.

The family running that place is very nice and will help you with booking tours and bus tickets. You get a big bed on your own, no bunks, that's nice. The heating blankes are nice, too. The food in the small restaurant is freshly cooked and good. On cold days they have a fire in the common area. Only thing that should inprove a little is the cleaniness...

For $3 a night I thought this hostel was very good value. The electric blankets were a real bonus. It is a short walk from the main town, but that does mean that it is very quiet. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The common room areas were nice, with a fire and pool table. The breakfast is basic but tasty. This is not the Ritz but for the price I would defiantly stay here again.

The hotel was nice and clean, quite close to the centre of Sapa. You can have some food there as well, its cheap and really tasty!

• 9th Mar 2014