Green Valley International Hostel Reviews

45 Muong Hoa Road, Sapa, Sapa, Vietnam

Really cheap private room. A little ways uphill to get to the main part of town, but it's ok if you have a scooter. Very clean.

Check in -no information, took my passport and dropped me at the room. That was it. I was meant to be in a four bed dorm but the room they provided had two double beds in, not what I consider a dorm. Fortunately I was sharing with a very nice couple from Spain. In the room however there is no locker or safe i.e. nowhere to store valuables so you have to trust your room mates or take things with you. There was ONE key for the room. Reception hardly manned. Had to ask other guests 4 wifi password.

Whilst the place is a bit worn down and battered, I would definitely it as it great value money. The owner was extremely helpful in organizing a very good day trek (only $13) and for organizing bus tickets, as well bringing us to the bus station free of charge

The hostel is well located, and ok for one night. No cosyness though, rooms are very dirty (we ususally don't care that much). The staff does not seem very interested in what they do.

It is cheap, but don't expect anything.

Good: The view is amazing from balcony is beautiful. A little out the centre so close to cheap restaurants and short walk to catcat village, comfy beds, pool table/hot chocolate is definitely a plus. Bad-ish: Shower in the upstairs dorm was most disappointing this ever after a trek (just a tiny trickle), not enough plugs in the rooms for all electric blankets.Wifi didnt seem to work. Staff not amazingly helpful. Good for the price though.

Great staff, great location, comfy beds and a good view.

We booked online but the staff didn't reserve the beds for us. They took us to another hotel for a higher price. They compromised only when we asked for the deposit back.

Basic but good hostel, has a cosy fireplace and bar which is needed when it's cold as it was when we were there. We also appreciated the electric blankets in the beds! Food very good & staff friendly and helpful- I left my passport there by mistake and they put it on the night bus to Hanoi for me at no charge, really appreciated!

• 11th Dec 2014

Location is a bit far out, but the town is small so it is fine to walk. Staff were fine once you started chatting, but when we walked in the receptionist ignored us for a few minutes (he was watching TV), and later another staff member turned off all the lights while we were still sitting in the lounge area (the only place wifi reaches). 4 beds to a dorm, which was nice and private, and electric blankets kept us warm

Only complaint was that the bedroom and bathroom door was difficult to open

Sheets are not very clean and my electrical blanket was not working so cold! Good atmosphere with pool table and fireplace in the bar.

Nice place, loved the common area with a fireplace and pool table