GreenHouse Hostel Reviews

Pau de Canela, 450, Campeche - Rio Tavares, Florianopolis, Brazil

The Greenhouse has everything to make you feel like home. A adorable couple as owner, an excellent breakfast and a lovely athmosphere with the wide garden, pool, and lot's of confort. I met beautiful people there and it was very hard for all of us to leave that house behind us and to go on with traveling. Thank you Greenhouse for this amazing experience!!!

This hostel was amazing! Great vibe, awesome breakfast, the best wifi I've had anywhere in South America and the staff are absolutely wonderful!! So friendly and helpful in everyway. I only wish we could have stayed longer. :)

Love this hostel! met amazing people and I love the vibe, hammocks every where, swimming pool and 20 min walk from a nice beach. I loved Maik! And the lady who checked me in was sweet! I didn't like the girl working there from Barcelona, she was very rude and never smiled and caught her laughing and whispering about people!The breakfast could improve! All white bread with a cheese spread which was awful and watered down juice. Also no locks on the bedroom doors! Cheap BBQ amazing 25 real!

• 19th Feb 2015

Great staff and v social. Lots of sofas and tables in the communal area and an excellent happy hour - 4 x beers for 10 BRL! We also had a great all you cant eat BBQ here for just 25 BRL each! Downsides - location not great. A good 20 min walk from the nearest beach (which is beautiful but v quiet, no bars etc). There is only a small shop and restaurant in walking distance from the hostel, all other beaches and town areas are a good 30 min bus away.

wow. this is a hard one. we didn't like it so much, and I will explain. its a hard one cause the owners, Ana and Marcio was sooo nice and informative. they went out of their way to help, gave us tons of info and let us check out late when I was sick. they are amazing! BUT- the other staff is not helpful( except for Tami!) and don't really speak English. its not clean at all, especially not in the two Private rooms. location is bad, 20 min walk to supermarke, beach, etc. enjoyed it though anyway

Great hostel overall. All staff members are very welcoming and always ready to help. Rooms are cleaned at least once a day. Bathrooms cleaned 2x/day with maintenance schedule posted in each bathroom. Showers in almost every bathroom so you never have to wait. Brazilian barbecue every night (if there is a demand) for a low price. Note that this hostel is far from all the major attractions but an bus/taxi ride is easily accessible. Well worth it if you're not looking for a party hostel.

My boyfriend and I had an absolutely wonderful stay at Greenhostel. The staff are all lovely, super welcoming, helpful, kind, friendly and sociable. Free pasta night was a plus, and the free pina coladas they gave us and other guests on our last day were delicious. A super generous hostel. It's location isn't excellent (15-20mins walk to the nearest supermarket and the same to the nearest beach) but the lovely house, pool and staff make it all worthwhile.

It is a quiet hostel in the nature but everything is easy to reach with the local buses. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Though the location can seem somewhat off in many eyes, I thougt it was okay. You had to take busses around the island. But the price, staff and atmosphere made it all worth while. Great hostel.

Such a fun and friendly hostel. We booked for 2 nights and ended up staying for 6. The staff are super friendly and the hostel has a friendly laid back feel. We were made to feel so welcome. Good bar area and hammocks to relax in. Campeche beach is amazing and only 20 minutes walk away.

Nice hostel with a good vibe. Chilled out away from party places but walking distance to a lovely beach. Good happy hour and delicious cocktails. Good wifi and clean comfy beds. The fan was very noisy but you needed it as it was pretty hot. Really good breakfast and you could make freshly squeezed Orange juice.

I really enjoyed staying here. Very nice atmosphere. Very friendly and helpful staff, knowledgable about the area and can give you lots of good tips about where to go, how to get there etc Note: Not many cash machines that accept Visa in Brazil outside of large tows

Had an awesome time here! The owners are really nice, the staff were awesome and so was the atmosphere!

• 4th Jan 2015

Kitchen needs a thorough clean and organisation to the cutlery available

View all Florianopolis Hostels