GreenHouse Hostel Reviews

Pau de Canela, 450, Campeche - Rio Tavares, Florianopolis, Brazil

The Greenhouse Hostel is probably one of the best hostels Ive ever stayed at, due totally to the staff running it. Marceu (is this right? haha) and Ana are simply the two nicest people you will ever meet. I stayed here for a total of I think 16 days during and after the World Cup and they really, really do their best to make you feel at home. Basically you feel part of the family here, it more than makes up for the location.

• 15th Jul 2014

One of the best hostel that I have stayed. Staff was amazing. Breakfast was so good with so many different choices. They even cooked lunch and dinner which you have to pay and its worth paying to try local foods. If it is your first time travelling in South America you won't have idea what to order.

great stay, incredible value!

Ana and her husband are excellent hosts. They prepared a BBQ and afternoon tea whilst we were there, as it was raining on two consecutive days. They have lots of useful information for guests and even gave us a lift to the beach. The hostel is out of the main area but is only a 10 minute walk to shops/bus stop. It can be very noisy if you stay in a private room above the bar, mainly because the neighbour plays competing loud music with the hostel! It quietens down after 11/12.

I only stayed 1 night as I was only going through Florianopolis. But I felt the Hostel was not bad. Staff were friendly. Put on a great BBQ. Breakfast was good. Would come back again.

The staff here are incredible! This is a family owned hostel, and you instantly feel apart of that family - everyone really goes out of their way to make your experience worthwhile! They have a pool and pool table which is great and social, and the guys even put up a big screen for some of the World Cup matches. AMAZING BREAKFAST! Only downside is that is quite far out of town and buses are only so-so, but such good value I would stay here again

I can highly recommend the green house hostel for your stay in floripa ! helpful and friendly owners and stuff, great breakfast and relaxing atmosphere. You will never find a better place to have a great time in Florianopolis than this hostel.

• 12th Jun 2014

We had a lot of fun at the hostel, if you have a chance, ask others guests at living roon before you go clubbing! You will find louds of friends to join you all night long!!!! Very helpfull staff!!!! highly recommend

This hostel was simply amazing, the staff was the friendliest I've ever met. They'll do anything to make your stay more confortable. If you like to party, that's the place, and if you want to rest, that's the place too. Definetely going back there :)

• 18th Apr 2014

Cute little hostel with great breakfast, great atmosphere and great staff. A bit far from everything but within walking distance of a beach and one of the main bus stations.

Really great hostel, 10 minutes walk from anything you need; beach, supermarket and restaurants. Bus stop is at the end of the road so getting all over floripa is really easy too. Staff are great, they know all the inside tips in terms of what the South Island has to offer and are always willing to help. Great breakfast with the most amazing freshly squeezed orange juice in South America! Definitely one that I'll be reccomending!

Definitely the nicest hostel owners we've met from our tour around South America, very helpful and welcoming. When they ran out of oranges and we're low on bread at breakfast they went out for more just for two of us (we had late breakfast!). It was a quiet when we were there and Anna upgraded us to a private room at no extra cost which was so nice! We felt very at home here, there's a great breakfast set up and a really nice atmosphere. If you're lucky enough to be there for a BBQ-enjoy!!

This hostel is lovely and we really enjoyed our stay here! The staff are very nice, the hostel is clean, good breakfast and it has a great atmosphere. The only problem really is the location, it is a long walk to the supermarket but the hostel do put on BBQ nights and pasta nights where they give you all the ingredients you need to make pasta so that makes up for it I suppose. Bus stop is 10 minutes away. I would recommend staying at this hostel!

This place has an excellent backpackers vibe. Only 15 minutes to the beach but there are plenty of hammocks just to chill in if you wish. The staff are amazing and very helpful especially Orlando and Eber. Loved my relaxing stay here.

This hostel has such a chilled friendly vibe, they do the best BBQ for cheap, one night a week they provide free pasta with veg for you to cook and the staff really go out of their way to help you. My favourite hostel in Brazil!

Nice Hostel with excelent staff, only thing is the distance to beach and supermarket - 20min walk.

Excellent BBQ, helpful staff very friendly making you feel at home, really easy to get around the island on buses, Great vibe :)

best hostel ever stayed in, real;sing and u can party staff are amazing and its cheap if u don't stay here you are crazy

Thoroughly enjoyed my time at Greenhouse. Great atmosphere, great staff and so close to a beautiful white beach

If you want to chill, go here. Hammocks everywhere, pool with shady areas, beach not far, and buses to take you anywhere. Loved our time here, but it wasn't wild. We did yave a few party nights but loved it. Breakfast was amazing, freshly squeezed orange juice and loads more, great bq and free food. Always making popcorn, provide free pasta and veg. Could have stayed here for ages!

View all Florianopolis Hostels