GreenHouse Hostel Reviews

Pau de Canela, 450, Campeche - Rio Tavares, Florianopolis, Brazil

I really enjoyed staying here. Very nice atmosphere. Very friendly and helpful staff, knowledgable about the area and can give you lots of good tips about where to go, how to get there etc Note: Not many cash machines that accept Visa in Brazil outside of large tows

Had an awesome time here! The owners are really nice, the staff were awesome and so was the atmosphere!

• 4th Jan 2015

Kitchen needs a thorough clean and organisation to the cutlery available

I had a great time!! Thank you so much!

Really enjoyed our stay. Hostel makes effort to make it social & relaxed. Xmas they provided a huge buffet, was brilliant fun. Communal areas have good spaces to relax; hammocks/sofas. Owners & staff are v friendly & offer advise for activities. Hostel is clean & for price has good facilities. Our first room was bit noisy from bar area & some dogs barking nearby. But next room better. Great breakfast selection, usual bits but also juicer with fresh oranges & freshly made cake! Would stay again!

If you look for a place like home, you're in the right hostel! It's not just a bed to sleep, Green Hostel is a state of mind!

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Poland

Love this place!! Excellent value for money. The hostel is brilliant lots of places to relax, nice easy bus routes for if you want to get out and about, good rooms and lovely people! Ana was brilliant, we felt so welcome and comfortable. Ana is so helpful if you need any info for anything! We had an amazing time here and we hope to be back soon!!!

• 20th Dec 2014

The Greenhouse is one if the best Hostel where I stayed in all South America! Ana, Marcio and all the staff are just amazing, as they'll make you feel like at home! The Hostel is really beautiful, is just 10min.walk from all the main facilities and the standard of cleaning is really high! Ana explained in details how to do to get to the beaches and how to get to all the main shops and places of interest. I wish I stayed longer there! All the best and hopefully I'll come back again soon!

Nothing to complain about! We were perfectly happy with this hostel!

Good location - walking distance to a beautiful beach and a bus ride away from exploring the rest of the island I spent my first night in Lago Barro and was very happy I moved to Greenhose hostel. There was a nice atmosphere in the hostel and the BBQ was great. Anna was very welcoming and helpful throughout my stay. But for the other staff, it took me a while to figure out who worked there as the other staff never introduced themselves to me, asked how I was getting on etc

Incredibly nice hosts and an amazing atmosphere!! Thank you so much for the days we spent at yours.

Clean hostel. Nice location with view on the beach.

We booked a private room, in search of some quiet. Unfortunately the room we were allocated was right above the bar/common area, and the speaker. Although there were signs around the place stating that noise should be turned down after 10pm, this was not the case for the 2 nights we stayed there. If we were in the mood for more socialising we would've enjoyed the evenings very much. Getting a free caipirinha was a bonus and the hosts were really helpful and friendly.

GreenHouse is definitely a great hostel! Had a very good breakfast and everything is very well cared. Had an awesome atmosphere that make you feel relax, like at home. Marcio and Ana (the owner) are fantastic, very nice couple always trying to help and make you feel welcome. Also, is not far from the beach and easy to arrive (near buses).

• 14th Nov 2014

The owners Marcio & Ana were so wonderful and helpful, as soon as we arrived Ana welcomed us in and gave us loads of information about what to do in the area and transport to other parts of the island. The bar had just opened and the hostel had a fun and sociable atmosphere, the BBQ put on was delicious and great value for money, not to be missed!

The owners are amazing! They will help you with everything and organize nice things to do. I would definitely recommend it!

Its a typical hostel and the best atmosphere we had on our trip! Ana an Marcelo gave us so many good advice, where to go on the island and the churrasco was just amazing! If you want to taste the best (sugarfree!!!) juice of Brazil ask fo Joaos, which is close to the hostel! Just consider that you're not in the center of florianopolis, though close to a nice beach. But the buses on the island can take forever. But why go on the bus, when you have hammocks just in front of your door!

A great hostel. I sttayed here with my girlfriend for 6 nights in a private double with ensuite. The hostel had great character with an awesome atmosphere which allowed you to mix and mingle with other geusts. The hosts were excellent and went the extra mile with organising everything and anything. Great location 10 minutes walk to one of the main beaches and 10 minutes to the supermarket, bakery and the best sandwhich and juice shack ever! The breakfast was also really good. Thankyou very much.

Marcio and Ana (the owner of the hostel) are the best hosts we had so far on any travels. They are very caring and give their best to make your stay on the island very special. They go above and beyond to help you (e.g. printing bus tickets, making ginger tea when feeling sick) and were to us more like friends than usual hosts. We know that we were welcome from the moment we entered GreenHouse Hostel. We can highly recommend a stay in GreenHouse Hostel! You will enjoy it a lot!

A really nice place to stay, the staff is really nice and helpful. The hostel is close to the main attractions (Campeche beach) on the island.

• 16th Aug 2014