Greenhouse Backpacker Reviews

Level 6, 228 Flinders Lane, Melbourne, Australia

I stayed for a night and was lucky to have great room mates. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are warm. There's even a personal light for each bunk bed so you can do whatever you need to do without turning on the main bedroom light and annoying others. The one thing that I wasn't impressed with was the lack of power sockets in the room. For the price paid, I think that is quite a shortcoming. And the room had no windows, resulting in rather stale air..

Really enjoyed the location, everything was neat and tidy and well set out.

• 20th Jul 2014

One of the more expensive hostels in Melbourne, but not worth it. Facilities okay, nowhere near new, staff were nice. Atmosphere was boring - place is on top of and adjacent to a police station. A number of old people staying there too. I had my white heavily patterned T-Shirt stolen - who steals a T-shirt? Not enough power points in room - there was only one near the door

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed at! Great location, comfortable atmosphere, clean rooms and bathrooms, breakfast and wifi included, and I felt very safe. All at a reasonable price! Definitely will recommend this hotel to my friends!

The staff looks very enthusiastic when serving and chatting with some foreigners, with the smile big on her face. But when I went and ask question, no more smile, and the attitude is so rude. I hope it is not because I am an Asian. I have been feeling discriminated for the whole time when I was in Melbourne. (PS I know there are always news about Australian discriminating Asians, but when I am experiencing, it just feel so so bad.)

Really enjoyed what was on offer and the location. Everyone was happy and friendly and the staff were really nice! I would recommend again for sure, cheers guys

• 20th Jun 2014

nice place! very comfortable! perfect location!!!)

Fun, friendly and clean place to stay in the heart of Melbourne City! You couldn't possibly ask for more!

Room might as well had no walls.... could hear the adjoining room persons conversation as if I was standing next to him. Bathroom was dirty. Staff distant and uninterested. If it wasn't for the location, I'd think twice about staying here again.

• 13th Jun 2014

Great place to stay, I was only there for one night so didn't get the chance to meet other Travellers but staff were very helpful and keen to off load Information about Melbourne. Facilities were Fantastic I have travelled most of the world backpacking and can say this place was one of the cleanest and safest places I have stayed. 10/10 will be back in August. K-Train (Fight Firm)

Good services by all staff, good location and facilities. Only comment for poor internet when there are many guests on lobby.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Thailand

Good and clean hostel in an amazing location

We didn't really enjoy the private room without any windows, felt a bit like a prison cell. The location is really good though but wouldn't stay again.

• 10th May 2014
  • Switzerland

Room was great and clean, but someone vomitted in the hallway on the Friday afternoon of a bnak holiday. When I checked out on Wednesday morning, it still hadn't been cleaned up. Great atmosphere - mostly young people who want to make friends. Wifi in the lounge is good, would prefer to have had access to it in guest rooms as well.

Best location, you'll find lots of caffes just around the corner, federation square 2min. Good matrace and clean bathrooms. Private rooms were without windows, felt like being in a prison. Dorms must be better, private rooms are not worth the money. You can find cheaper rooms in good, average hotels in town.

Lovely hostel and nice to see one so keen on saving the environment and recycling, etc. Rooms were nice and showers/toilets clean. Breakfast was a little basic but free so that was understandable. Some of the staff however I found a bit rude. I asked one at reception for the nearest doctor as I had been feeling really unwell and was given the reply of 'Can't you just go to the pharmacy, doctor is expensive'. Thank God I didn't listen to her as I was diagnosed, by the DOCTOR, with pneumonia!

the hostel is in a great location!! Internet didn't work in the rooms and was always down in the common area though

Great activities arranged by hostel from pub crawls to AFL games to free tickets to comedy festival, etc

Good staff and facilities, has lots of activities weekly. Free breakfast and wifi. But toilets and kitchen need to clean more often.

Great place to stay right in the heart of Melbourne near Flinders St Station. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• 15th Mar 2014