Greenhouse Backpacker Reviews

Level 6, 228 Flinders Lane, Melbourne, Australia

The location was amazing

• 11th Jan 2015

Room had no window and was really small. One stuff member made a mistake when we checked in, we payed a bit too less. Nobody informed us about this until we checked out. Although the other guests and the free dinner were great, I wouldn't recommend this hostel to a friend.

Nice, place with free breakfast, free bingo on Wednesday, expect noisy from corridor/walk way.

The location is terrific, near the laneways of melbourne, The staff member who greeted us had a viper toungue. When I gave her my hostelworld papers and told her I was here to book in she asked ," and what "? I thought nothing much of it until I was stuffing the papers back in my bag when her next customer a Chinese man also checking in was told "saying please wont hurt ," The rest of the staff were friendly and helpful.

• 29th Nov 2014

The location is amazing, everything you need is within walking distance! The rooftop is great for sunny days or just chill on! It is one of the cleanest hostels I have ever stayed in and the facilities are fab, plenty of showers and they are always spotless. The rooms are a good size and having lockers in the room is so much easier than lockers per floor. Really enjoyed my stay, we highly recommend this hostel.

The wifi was absolutely shocking! Nobody was able to connect for the whole week that we were there. It was very noisy down the 'quiet' halls, the tour guide on the desk have incorrect information and didn't seem bothered and the kitchen and communal area was filthy and far too busy all the time! Not enough fridge/shelf space.

Lots of longtermers, not a lot of atmosphere. Kitchen poor. However, a very good location!

There is free wi-fi in level 6 where reception, kitchen and lounge are but it was really slow. They could have cleaned the toilets and showers more often and better.

Very communal! Location is really central! Staff really helpful when trying to book trips! Definetly recommend the great ocean road! Hostel has free food Tuesday and other good events on in the evenings! Rooms almost have a hotel feel not a hostel! Shame there was no windows in our room but that's my only negative!

Maybe it was because it was my first time staying in a backpackers and my expectations were too high, but this hostel was pretty crummy. the design of things such as the shower stalls meant that i had to put all my clothes on the floor of the shower and get them wet and dirty, lockers were too small and locks werent provided, and staff seemed disinterested.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

It's more a place for people looking for work or working, not for travelers passing through.