Greenhouse Backpacker Reviews

Level 6, 228 Flinders Lane, Melbourne, Australia

The location is perfect. Security cupboard inside each room, but BRING YOUR OWN, LONG LOCKER. The electric socket was on the floor, so it was complicated if you were sleeping on a top bunk bed (which I was). The only really annoying thing is that wifi connection is totally not existing in the room, but it reaches well in the large common areas. Not a 5 star hotel but I would definetely choose it again.

• 2nd Feb 2016

Nice clean hostel, right in the cbd. Wouldn't recommend if you wanted a more backpackers vibe, it's very quiet and chill with a lot of Asian tourist and older people.

• 28th Jan 2016

Had a super great stay in the Greenhouse BP! Located so close to everything in the centre of Melbourne, but not too noisy. Good security system and really friendly and helpful staff. Lucky I got a room with window, but even without the rooms are tidy and provide lockers for everyone. Two plugs might be too less for five people, but that's really nothing to complain about. Big communal area helps to get in contact with other travelers and it's still open till late and for visitors.

it was a great weekend, and coffee shops everywhere. great location

• 19th Dec 2015

what i liked: free breakfast; high security; the hostel's focus on sustainability (at least they try); the central location. what i didn't like: dirty (toilets, showers, under the beds, sofas, etc.); no window in the room; very cold air condition on the whole floor; loud people on the quiet floor.

we had a room without window (and no fresh air)... Showers and toilets were clean, but there was some noise at night.

The male bathrooms/shower room on level 4 could do with a few upgrades like a shelf in each shower at least big enough for soap. Also I forgot to tell staff that one of the showers pipes was damaged leading to water coming out of the roof. Besides the issues with the bathroom the hostel was great and recommedable to other travellers.

I loved my stay at Greenhouse. The hostel was clean, secure, and in a great location. The only downfall was how poorly the reception treated me when I arrived and checked out.

The hostel was not particularly clean, and at best it was stuffy as the only windows are in the bedrooms and so the hallways and bathrooms are not very well ventilated. I didn't like the atmosphere either. The locations was good, but other than that I wouldn't rave about this hostel.

Perfect location, loved the rooftop area and common rooms. Staff weren't particularly interested, but not rude. For the price, an excellent place to stay in the city, and I would definitely stay again!

The bathrooms are extremely dirty, especially on Sunday evening. Public toilets are cleaner! This is an absolute no-go, I have never been to a hostel with such dirty wet rooms/toilets. Beds are comfortable, staff is friendly and helpful, washing & drying is expensive

Great location, reasonable price, free tea/ coffee, free wifi, rooms good size, maybe just a bit big of a hostel for my liking, but would recommend it to others wanting a great city location!!

I found the rooms very hot and stuffy. Too noisy outside to keep the window open. Lights are way to bright in the rooms. Tv room is great but the kitchen was always a complete mess with filthy cutlery and stinking bins full of rubbish. Most of reception staff were friendly enough except for one girl who I found very rude on checking out. She didn't like being interrupted in her conversation with another guest so basically tossed me a pen and told me to sign out with no respect.

Good location

The bathrooms could use an extra clean per.day, plus a bin other than the one for sanitary napkins. Other than that, quite a good spot!

• 31st Aug 2015