Fabulous 278 Total Reviews
Fabulous 278 Total Reviews
Greenhouse Backpacker Located at Level 6, 228 Flinders Lane, , Melbourne.
Australia
Melbourne VIC 3000 Level 6, 228 Flinders Lane
80% 278
-37.8165880 144.9664580
    Rooms available

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
22nd Jul 2016
5.1

Bathrooms were dirty. Staff unhelpful unless prompted. Room dirty failed to shut properly. Lack of power sockets. No wifi in the dorm room was appalling.

• New Zealand, Couple, 18-24
2nd Jul 2016

Great place. Would stay again. Close to so many thing, including free tram circuit. Bed comfy, bathrooms clean, free breakfast away good, not too noisy which was good too.

• Australia, Couple, 41+
23rd Jun 2016
6.9

The hostel is fine - good big shared living area. It's fun to step straight out into the city. I really hate the rooms not having Windows though. I'm not sure how cheap it would have to be for me to be ok with that. It's definitely not cheap enough to not include a window in the room.

11th Jun 2016

Good location for popular places and restaurants

• South Korea, Female, 25-30
17th May 2016
4.6

I've never seen this rude staff. Just be prepare not to be upset before you talk with them. I travel a lot, so I've been in hostel many time and never had a problem with hostel before. But seriously I was really surprised that how people can rude like this. No wifi in room. only in public area (which is very loude)

• Germany, Female, 18-24
16th May 2016
6.6

Negative: - When I was there the Showers on my floor were closed so had to walk to another floor through back staircase, - Wifi wasn't working on my phone - Tiny and dark room - If you wanted to go to the kitchen the elevator took you right in front of reception so not a very homy feeling... Postive: Free PCs for use, free breakfast, free dinner (when I was there), ok Location But overall there would have been cheaper Hostels without Wifi which was my main reason I booked it...

• Colombia, Female, 25-30
16th May 2016
7.4

Great location, staff at night and early morning (guy) not helpfull at all, ignoring and bad attitude, in the room for 6 females only 1 power source

• England, Couple, 25-30
13th May 2016

Fantastic location and facilities. The building is basically an office block turned into bedrooms, so very thin walls (sorry neighbours!) but room was a great size and bathrooms were also large (showers could have been warmer but they'll do). Receptionist wasn't particularly friendly and presumed we knew where to go when she handed us a key, watching us look blankly around us for any sign of room numbers.

7th May 2016
8.0

I had to switch my room 3 times when I first arrived, because long-termers completely took over the room. The first two rooms were pretty nasty- clothes and food everywhere, no room for any of my stuff, and honestly, kind of smelly. Definitely WASN'T directly the hostel's fault, and they did move me as soon as I asked- which made me think this was a regular thing. Other than that, everything was great. The wifi worked, free basic brekkie, the front desk was helpful when I asked for info...

30th Apr 2016
7.1

Greenhouse Backpackers was ok but a bit too expensive for the amount of stuff you get. The breakfast is mediocre and the staff is really pushy about removing everything from the breakfast at 9am promptly so if you are in the queue to toast your bread, be ready to eat it plain because they won't wait. The staff wasn't friendly or helpful about anything, but the place is uber secure which is great but I just really didn't care for the clientele/environment there.