Greenpoint Lodge Reviews

95 Norman Ave, Brooklyn, New York, USA

Good location an nice price. However, I don't agree with paying additionally $20 per person for cleaning fee. This should be included in the listing fee posted in Hostelworld as a Total and do not charge it separetly once you have made the decision and compared other options. Overall a good place to stay.

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here whilst visiting New York.location is perfect if you want to experience the realness of the city without having to pay excessive prices. Our room was basic but homely and it didnt have a hostel feel. the cleaner was very friendly.. responded to feedback straight away which made for a perfect city break. tube station/subway is literally outside the front door which makes getting around easy.

Johanna was amazing! We will recommend to everyone who is going to the Big Apple! Great experience! The best... Subway station just downstairs...

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Spain

old.....but hey its new york.....if you want fancy go get a room at the plaza

• 13th Nov 2015

A great value for money! Comfortable, self-serviced and very clean place to stay. Good location, some great places to eat in the close neighborhood.

We had a wonderful stay at the Greenpoint Lodge. It was a clean, well organised place with a great atmosphere. Even better was the location, Greenpoint itself is wonderful and the fact that it's roght around the corner of Williamsburg and metrostops that take you all over the city, only add up to that. Thank you for hosting us!

• 9th Oct 2015

Great place to stay in Brooklyn. I'd go back for sure.

• 8th Oct 2015

Great location for exploring Brooklyn and Williamsburg, great transports links for Manhattan , a lot of cool little boutiques, coffee shops and bars nearby. The lodge is comfortable basic accommodation, it reminded me of my university days in student share houses.To save money and explore an interesting neighbourhood it was a great base - a place to sleep and shower where your belongings are safe.

Very cozy place. There are 3 bedrooms on each floor, so there're not many people and there are clean. The subway is very close, a grocery is in 10-minute walk distance. The queen loft room is spacious, mattress is soft. The noise from the street was well audible in our room, but there were earplugs. Other drawbacks: a small amount of cooking dishes in the kitchen: a couple of pots, a couple of pans, a strainer, a cutting board ... You need to bring your own tea/coffee

Not what we expected...room with no exterior window. Very noisy and bright at night from activity in common room/kitchen which our room opened onto. They add on a $20/person CLEANING FEE on top of agreed fee. Neighborhood is fine but don't assume Manhattan is close as we did, 2 trains and 30mins minimum commute to Manhattan.

A very decent space with good facilities. The bed was clean and comfortable (in the double private) with air con and cable TV. The manager of the property is super responsive. The location is incredible, 2 seconds from the subway (on the G line) and Greenpoint was fantastic. Perhaps my only negative, is having only 1 towel for 5 days. It was fine, but would have preferred to have a fresh one after a couple of days. I would certainly stay again the next time I'm in Brooklyn!

We were in greenpoint lodge and were not at all impressed with the accommodation,to start my wife is disabled and we had a room on the third floor with no window,no ac for the first night. It was so disappointing as we came all the way from Ireland. Would never book with Hostalworld again.

• 2nd Sep 2015
  • Iceland
  • Couple, 41+

2nd time I've stayed here and will definitely stay again.

Very nice little hostel and very private. Feels like you have an apartment for your stay and essentially you got one, just with other people. The staff is very helpful if you have questions and are very nice although not always around to keep the place as private as possible. I had a really nice stay and would definitely recommend this place!

• 26th Aug 2015