Greenpoint Lodge Reviews

95 Norman Ave, Brooklyn, New York, USA

The hostel was quaint, and secure. More than your would expect for the price per night. Close to bars and the G subway line, although a little bit of a trek to the L line we used to get to Manhattan. Felt very safe leaving my valuables there as the rooms are private. The only concern I had was a paper describing Bed bugs in New York, which may be standard for any hotel in the city. A little weird not getting any prep on this, but the sheets were clean and no bugs to be found of any kind.

Clean, quiet, lovely.

• 21st Mar 2015

Had a wonderful stay in The Lodge! It's very peaceful and the location is great. Looking forward to my next trip there. Thank you!!

• 18th Mar 2015

Staff is not at the location, but very helpful and easily to contact. It is about 20 minutes to Time Square/Midtown and you reach all directions quite good. We have stayed just for sleeping, so we did not have a high interest in the loction itself.

• 18th Mar 2015

Staff is really friendly! The location is perfect, nice neighborhood and the subway is right out side your door! They email back very quickly aswell. It is a no front desk hostel so you just check in your self and theres a code on the door. Someone will be there around 12:00pm when checkout its preparing the rooms for the next guest. Overall we had a good stay and would come again!

• 12th Mar 2015

Very nice private rooms in Williamsburg. Nice area. Metro to Manhattan in front of the door. Only, be aware heating makes a lot of noise at night.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Belgium

When I arrived at this address I couldn't find out this lodge but you can enter door of next to pizza store. I was surprised because amenities were so various and clearness. Room was nice and comfortable if I will visit New York again, I will stay here

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Japan

Don't go!

• 30th Dec 2014
  • China

It smelled a bit of chemicals, but I am a bit sensitive to that. It doesn't smell dirty, but it was a bit industrial and I ended up using the air freshner in the bathroom. Aside from that, no issues at all. Location is great, the owner was attentive and easy to reach, and good value overall!

• 20th Dec 2014

Excellent location with good connections and plenty of restaurants nearby. The place itself is ok but nothing amazing. Quiet neighborhood but earplugs are still needed because the soundproofing isn't there. Not much privacy either but I guess value for money is ok.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Finland

Loved our stay here. Right next to the G line which was hugely convenient, Carmine's is right next door, which is a great late night slice, and Peter Pan Bakery is right around the corner, by far the best donuts in the city!

• 13th Nov 2014

Was a decent enough room to rest your head after long days in New York. The shared bathroom is quite annoying and I have never used any worse toilet paper then the ones provided here. And, for some strange reason the landing smelt of dog food, and I didn't see any dogs... Good enough for the price - just the little things.

← Back to search results