Greenpoint Lodge Reviews

95 Norman Ave, Brooklyn, New York, USA

My stay there was great because the hostel is very confortable, organized and clean. I didn't meet the owner but the staff which receive us was helpful. The only bad thing was about the towels. The hostel provided 2 towels, 1 for the bath and the olher one for the face. And they never were switched and we had to use the same towel during the whole week or have to wash ourselves them. The others things were good.

The best thing is the neighbourhood, safe&cool, close to Manhatan & near to the sub but there isn´t a direct train to go, you have to walk around 10-15' to another station or make a transfer. Facilities are a little bit old and not to much clean, but the price it's not bad if you compare with the rest of NY. Things I didn't like: (1)My bedroom didn't have a window.(2)You have to pay $20 pax in cleaninng concept but they only cleaned once in the week and they asked me to wash the bed clothes.

• 3rd May 2015
  • Spain

Should I return to New York soon, I would not hestitate to stay at Greenpoint lodge again. Perfectly located and very cozy. A million nice restaurants and bars within walking distance and a thousand hip and slightly overpriced shops to browse. Don't miss to have your breakfast omellette and/or bagel with hommos at Lite Bites diner just outside the hostel! Have a nice stay!

The hostel was quaint, and secure. More than your would expect for the price per night. Close to bars and the G subway line, although a little bit of a trek to the L line we used to get to Manhattan. Felt very safe leaving my valuables there as the rooms are private. The only concern I had was a paper describing Bed bugs in New York, which may be standard for any hotel in the city. A little weird not getting any prep on this, but the sheets were clean and no bugs to be found of any kind.

Clean, quiet, lovely.

• 21st Mar 2015

Had a wonderful stay in The Lodge! It's very peaceful and the location is great. Looking forward to my next trip there. Thank you!!

• 18th Mar 2015

Staff is not at the location, but very helpful and easily to contact. It is about 20 minutes to Time Square/Midtown and you reach all directions quite good. We have stayed just for sleeping, so we did not have a high interest in the loction itself.

• 18th Mar 2015

Staff is really friendly! The location is perfect, nice neighborhood and the subway is right out side your door! They email back very quickly aswell. It is a no front desk hostel so you just check in your self and theres a code on the door. Someone will be there around 12:00pm when checkout its preparing the rooms for the next guest. Overall we had a good stay and would come again!

• 12th Mar 2015

Very nice private rooms in Williamsburg. Nice area. Metro to Manhattan in front of the door. Only, be aware heating makes a lot of noise at night.

• 1st Mar 2015