Greenpoint Lodge Reviews

95 Norman Ave, Brooklyn, New York, USA

Loved our stay here. Right next to the G line which was hugely convenient, Carmine's is right next door, which is a great late night slice, and Peter Pan Bakery is right around the corner, by far the best donuts in the city!

• 13th Nov 2014

Was a decent enough room to rest your head after long days in New York. The shared bathroom is quite annoying and I have never used any worse toilet paper then the ones provided here. And, for some strange reason the landing smelt of dog food, and I didn't see any dogs... Good enough for the price - just the little things.

We loved the location of the Greenpoint Lodge, the atmosphere of the place was great and the connection with other parts of New York was perfect. We didn´t really stay in the house that often - only to take a bath and sleep after long days exploring the beauties of New York :)! And for this purpose, the Greenpoint lodge was great choice and I would definitely come back.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Czech Republic

Lovely place! A private apartment that has everything you could need, located in a great, safe neighborhood. Close to the subway, mini supermarkets, cafés, bars. Clean, comfortable. I loved my stay and would definitely come back.

Lovely house in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in the rose room (deluxe double private). The owner Ariel is super kind and accommodating to her guests. The key to my door was sticking and Ariel came to help me a minute after I called her. The house is right next to the Nassau Ave stop of the G train and is easy to get to and from Manhattan. The bedroom, common area, and bathroom were all very clean. I would absolutely stay here again.

The overall experiences was good, it was a really cute and safe place too stay for a journey! But the only thing was that they charge us 20 box each for the clean staff but they never showed up during the four days we were there! Except that, the girl who own the place was very charming and helpfull ! I would recommend the place anytime !! Have fun

• 12th Jul 2014

Really nice homely feel to Green Point Lodge. It was at an amazing location, really great bars, coffee shops and restaurants and the subway station was 10m outside the front door. Would definitely stay at this place again!! Thanks

A bit far away from Manhattan but the subway station is close. Takes around 30/40min to arrive to the center. On arrival no one was there for the check-in. Our door was open and with the keys inside the room. For all the week we only had one contact with the owner, for the rest of the time no one was there. Good kitchen. Mattress very comfortable. Well cleaned. The shower ran out off water once while I was there. Noisy bed and it's possible to hear the other guests talking inside there rooms.

Everything was fantastic! I recommend staying here

• 22nd May 2014

Great location! Very helpful and attentive staff.

• 22nd Apr 2014

More like a small house share. No staff on site most of the time so it feels like a home but staff are contactable. Charming house, good locations; G and L train very close by, lots of cool shops and bars, Williamsburg and views of Manhattan in walking distance. Room was comfortable and well equipped but heating was constantly on and radiator was loud but to be fair we didn't complain. Information pack provided was really useful; lots of info info including how to get from airports. I recommend

Great moment !

• 13th Feb 2014

If you are visiting without a car, this spot is right on top of a subway station for easy travel. The rooms are cozy, the 2nd floor common area is very nice. The Private double I stayed in needed a stool or chair in it, but was otherwise very nice.

• 7th Jan 2014

Will be staying again next time I'm in New York, better than expected!!

• 24th Nov 2013

There should be smoke detectors in the rooms and there was no dead bolt or security chain on the door to the room. The rooms were very clean and comfortable.

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Couple, 41+

HIGHLY recommend!!!

• 31st Oct 2013

It was the first hostel I've been where there isn't any employee to help you. So the moment of the payment was quite strange because you couldn't know if everything was right or not. On the other hand, the place was very clean and comfortable. Our stay there was great. Please, be aware that the extra $20/person cleaning fee is not included in the price which you get with your reservation. This fee should be added to the price before making the reservation.

We had a wonderful stay at the Greenpoint Lodge, stayed 8 nights. We had the Queen Loft facing Norman Ave. We were not bothered by street noise at all, there isn't that much going on at night actually. Beds were comfortable, but we wish there was a chair in the room. We have to comment on the smell in the room as well, it has this smell of old cellar. The smell disappears if you turn the air con on max, but you don't want to do that all the time. Great neighbourhood and Debrah is a great host!

We really enjoyed our stay!

• 29th Sep 2013

Felt like staying in someones home, nice to have easy access to a kitchen after a month of travelling.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7