Greenpoint YMCA Reviews

99 Meserole Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11222, New York, USA

Rooms are OK. Towels and soap are included, which is nice, unlike some other inexpensive places. Neighborhood is great and the gym is a huge plus. I would book again.

It would be nice to add bedside lamps if possible

• 2nd Jul 2015

The Greenpoint Y was just as advertised: a very basic but clean, secure, convenient and inexpensive place to stay in New York. We were visiting our granddaughter in Greenpoint and the Y had everything we needed to be comfortable on our trip, including air-conditioning. The free breakfast was an unexpected bonus. The staff was great, very helpful. We would certainly stay there again.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The ymca was great! However the restaurant they partner with for breakfast is by far the worst I have ever been to, the service sucks so bad that the waitress joked "did you want that today or tomorrow" after waiting for 40 minutes for an egg with tomato on bread. Go elsewhere if you can

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Bangladesh

Unfortunately, I was charged an extra night and did not dispute it at the time. Later when I checked my HostelWorld receipt, I see that the day in question had been paid for. Can anyone help me with this? I would really appreciate it. Thanks very much!

• 25th May 2015

To some extent, this couldn't be helped, because of the way hostels function, but good Gods I will not be staying in one ever again. For maybe $10-$15 more per night, you get a cleaner, nicer room with a private bathroom, and free soaps an teabags at a crappy hotel. The fact that it was a YMCA didn't help it any. Did I have a safe place to sleep at night? Yes. Did it feel like I got my money's worth out of it? Not by any stretch of the imagination.

• 24th May 2015

Not somewhere you want to stay as a traveller. Depressing atmosphere

Great value in having full access to gym and classes. More privacy in the bathroom would be appreciated

It's a YMCA, so you should know what you're getting: Facilities are clean and secure enough, and the staff is extremely friendly, but the rooms are spartan (to put it mildly), and mattresses can be pretty uncomfortable. You're paying for a tiny room of your own with a small television, a narrow bed, maybe a dresser. You'll have key access to a bathroom, though perhaps not on your floor. There is no elevator, so if you can't negotiate a few flights of stairs, this is not the place for you.

• 30th Mar 2015

The gym and the pool are great. However, the guest room would urgently need some renovation. The 3rd floor has no bathroom - the way to the 2nd floor is long.