Greenpoint YMCA Reviews

99 Meserole Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11222, New York, USA

The staff was friendly and helpful. Outstanding value for the location. I will always stay here when I visit Greenpoint.

• 21st Jan 2016

There were people smoking in their rooms, you could smell it in the hallway and no one did anything about it. Someone was very drunk, and apparently on drugs, not even able to walk and was sitting on the stairs at the entrance. The receptionist meant: 'He told me he is not feeling well." No comment on that. Then, some staff would not even respond to a 'hello' or offer help when they see you walking in and out with three suitcases. Unbelievable!

• 10th Jan 2016
  • Austria

The room was clean, perfect for 2 nights but the heater made really weird noises like someone was knocking on the pipes and it happened really randomly, in the middle of the night for exemple. The mattress made a plastic noise.

• 31st Dec 2015

Room was like a prison cell. Bed was awful. The mattress was painful to sleep on. The TV was all fuzzy. The WiFi didn't work in my room. A truly awful place to stay.

• 27th Nov 2015

I thought that the staff was really friendly and the free breakfast a great offer, yet our room was very old and we did not feel too comfortable with it.

I love the green point ymca- great neighborhood and great room. No frills- I like that.

• 11th Nov 2015

The staff always went the second mile to make sure that all of your needs were met.

• 30th Oct 2015

The room I Stayed on the third floor was very old. The mattress is kinda plastic

• 29th Oct 2015
  • Venezuela

Excellent if you like gym style

• 23rd Sep 2015
  • Chile

uzun sure kalmak icin baya kotu bir yer

• 21st Sep 2015
  • Turkey

The bathrooms were not very clean. Room's door was difficult to operate. The restaurant where we took our breakfast (a partner of the hostel) was not friendly at all. Nevertheless, the location is good (subway and shops) and the staff very friendly.

• 11th Sep 2015

For price and location is the first choice when we travel to Brooklyn. They have been providing us with a place to stay various years now with a competitive price even if compared with AirBNB. Well be great if they can offer some affordable recommendation transportation to the airport (at least JFK) with some provider that passes by Brooklyn as Go Airlink and Supershuttle only serves from and to Manhattan. We solved our return to JFK using Uber (Uberpool) it just cost us $33,17 !!!

If it is possible, please upload special greetings for: The Man (staff) who keeps floors clean and area around residence (He is from Colombia) - I never introduced to him so I don't know His name. Secondly, to George, the Sculptor. The Gentelman Irish, much older from us. Finally, George. The Man in his thirties. Very sociable guy born and raised at Greenpoint who currently lives in Malibu. Probably he runs his own business based on surfing/windsurfing overthere in CA. Cheers to all You!

• 7th Sep 2015
  • Poland

This is a no frill budget accommodation, however the facility provided everything I needed, private room, security, decent location. A real bonus was free use of the gym facilities, and the very friendly and accommodating front desk staff. I recommend this to anyone who is on a budget and wants some privacy.

Worst hostel I've ever stayed at!! Nothing like the pictures. Stayed for five days and had to ask them to clean the room, and for new towels. Weren't allowed to do anything fun there like have a drink or hang with friends. Bathrooms were manky! Horrible breakfast. For what you pay for the rooms defiantly not worth it!

• 1st Sep 2015

I only spent one nicht in a single private to get some rest after the long flight. For this it was perfect, even though the room was very basic.

Just a question: why is Skype blocked in YMCA? And there was no wifi working in the area of my room. Modest YMCA.

• 9th Aug 2015