Greenpoint YMCA Reviews

99 Meserole Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11222, New York, USA

My wife & I stayed Tu-Fri of the previous week. This was a Sun-Tues stay in a different room. Beds this time were way too soft and A/C unit refrigerated but roared. Need to descend from 3rd floor to 2nd floor mens' room inconvenient. Sheets very clean & towels good. All in all however, the low cost & convenience made it worth it and I would return. Would be great if they could freshen up the rooms (paint & carpets) and replace the beds when they are worn out.

There was a problem with the reservation so that I was told that I would have to check out and change my room after the first night. After the first night I asked if I could stay in my room or not for the next nights and they said no, I had to move. So I packed and moved my luggage and when I came to the reception desk 15min later they said finally I could stay in the same room.. The men bathroom were very dirty.

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

Convenience and cost were driving factors. The front desk staff were always present, lending to a sense of security. The clientele were budget tourists or locals for the most part. I never experienced anyone sketchy. The shared bathrooms were adequately cleaned and there seemed to be service staff constantly around. The most serious issue was that my wife got a series of 5-6 bug bites on her upper arm that must have been fleas or bed bugs. The AC worked well but was so noisy we did not use it.

1 2 Next » last »