Greg & Tom Beer House Hostel Reviews

43 Floriańska Street, Krakow, Poland

It's a very nice hostel per se with a nice pub downstairs, but together it's a disaster! They've put couches in the hallway, which is basically like having the common room right outside your room, with drunk idiots yelling and shouting in the halls constantly until 5 AM, and the hostel staff do nothing about it. Anyways, it's a good place to party all night but if you need to get SOME sleep at some point - any point! - during night, I definitely don't recommend this place.

This is a great hostel. The staff was very helpful and everything was very clean. Great location too! However, most of the travelers were very young and partied a lot. And the hostel has a pub crawl that begins every night in their bar so it gets very loud and crowded. If you're looking for that, this is a great fit. I would recommend this hostel to the college aged crowd.

• 13th Aug 2014

amazing place. great location. no one makes it to pub crawl because everyone gets hammered with 2 hours of free shota

First of all, this is in the city centre. If you stay here, you will be hearing drunk people shouting in Polish until late in the evening. On the plus side, it's in the city centre. The area is absolutely stunning and every tourist attraction is walkable except for the Jewish District. Hostel staff were helpful. Restaurant service was slow, especially at breakfast.

My stay at Greg

• 9th Aug 2014

The best hostel we stayed in for the whole 4weeks. The staff and location are brilliant and there's so much free food which adds to the cheapness of Poland! The night activities were so good aswell. It made Krakow one of my favourite stops.

• 6th Aug 2014

Could be the best hostel I've stayed at. The staff were very friendly and the hostel had a great social vibe. You get a free meal each night, this is a high quality meal too. I could ramble on more but safe to say if I was in krakow again I would stay here

The staff was very helpful and it was extremely clean. On the other hand, my key card didn't work to get into the room, and I had a big bag and I was staying 3 flights up! It was extremely annoying to lug my bag and the girl working on staff didn't try to help...I have to say that the hostel was really not the vibe I was looking for and it would have been nice if they offered breakfast and free towels. Another pro, was that it was only a 7 min walk to the train station!

The staff were helpful, especially Albert. Great dinners included. Street noise was absolutely dreadful, which was the only drawback. You will not sleep here. Period.

Such a fun place. Not the cleanest but the staff was fantastic and was so helpful with everything. The beer was pretty swell too. The location couldn't have been better, it was a bit loud at night because of the street but no biggie

Very good hostel. If you wanna have fun and meet a lot of people, that is the place. Sometimes the dorm was a little bit noisy, so if you are looking only to rest be prepared. The bar is very good, with live music and delicious food. It was a awesome stay.

The Location is perfect, easy to the main square, City wall and bus/ train station. The kitchen was cleaned in the morning but the fridge was dirty and there was away a bad smell from the kitchen i did tell a member of staff but nothing was done about this. Bathroom and showers was not to bad. The dinner is NOT free- you have to put your name on a list before 3pm-4pm that day or go on a tour with the hostel, also you have to eat before 8pm to get the free dinner, if not you have to PAY!!

• 30th Jul 2014

Thanks for the review, you should remember though that dinner is not included,it's a gift:) Before there was no list,or limits, and even 65 people could eat our free dinner, but there was no way of knowing how many guests will show up (50?10?), so we decided to introduce the list, and the schedule, so that our kitchen staff could be more prepared. If you were not able to put your name on the list, you could always buy dinner (2,5€), o or book a tour and get a voucher for the free lunch.

The hostel itself is very good: clean, great locations and good beds (although a little squeeky). Unfortunately there are a lot of drunk people staying here every night who are messy and make a lot of noise. Fun hostel if you're looking for a party trip; less recommended if you're a culture lover who enjoys a good nights sleep

Thank you so much for the review! We do pub crawls every single night, thats why there could be some not so quiet nights, but next time just let us know! The receptionist will do what they can to help you! We hope you'll come back to us some day! cheers!

Cool place with a public bar and restaurant downstairs by reception. Staff is friendly and pub crawls are a lot of fun and a good value, but not as personal as a smaller hostel. You can hang out in the restaurant/bar area but as far as common areas go it's not really the same. Good free dinners if you sign up in time, cheap drinks and breakfasts. Lots of showers and toilets which are clean but the hot water is temperamental and not so strong. Decent stay

Thanks for your review, we appreciate every feedback from our guests since it makes us a better hostel! Free dinner or pub crawls are a great opportunity to meet people and hang out :) we hope you will come back some day! cheers!

Are you going to krakow? Go there! Free dinner, bar, clean and comfi rooms, clean showers and great location. Sleeping there is not that easy (street / restaurant noise). But perfect for party.

Thanks for a great review mate! We hope to see you again! :) cheers!

Excellent hostel, with fantastic facilities, cleanliness and security. The bar downstairs is amongst the best I have seen in a hostel around the world and the prices are fairly reasonable. The food is great and the organised pub crawls ensure a good time. There are a variety of restaurants nearby and the main square is less than a minute away. Organised tours are great to Auschwitz and the Salt Mine and hostel and the staff are more than willing to help.

• 24th Jul 2014

Thank you so much for a great review. It was fun and a pleasure to host you in our hostel. Hope to see you again at some point in the future!

Staff are amazing, hostel itself was brilliant. Wouldnt stay anywhere else.

• 24th Jul 2014

Thanks so much for the review. We're happy to know you enjoyed your stay here that much. Cheers

This is The best hostel that I have stayed in for atmosphere and the ability to meet people! Instead of a free breakfast, it's a free dinner, which is amazing and makes it do much easier to meet people as a solo traveller. The location is as good as it can get, 2 mind from the main square and 10 mind from the train/bus station. Many thanks for a super stay. You stay classy greg and Toms, I'll be back!

I'll keep your word as a promise. Can't wait to see your smiling face again! Thanks heaps for the great review. Cheers

best hostel! we love you magda!

This is one of the best hostels ever! Really cool looking place, with a great location and staff. It's right by the main square. The staff were really friendly and ran excellent bar crawls each night, and even put on one trip for us to go and cool off swimming in a nearby lake. All facilities were excellent and everyone here is really social and make friends really easily.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6