Grha Sindoro Reviews

Salemba Tengah No.7, Jakarta Pusat(Central Jakarta), Jakarta, Indonesia

Ms Elizabeth and her staffs were very nice. They had two extremely large dogs that you can pet. The room was nice and clean.

This is a great guesthouse - guesthouse rather than hostel. It's quiet, clean, safe, everyone is friendly, and it's in a good location. Highly recommended!

Eliz was a very kind and gentle person. I was sorry to make her worried as I arrived later than expected. After a long journey to Indonesia, it was nice to sit down and had a good chat with Eliz. She was patient and advised as much as she could. It was a pity that we only stayed a night but it was a very good start of our Indonesian journey. The WIFI was strong and fast enough to skype. Helpers were ready anytime for help.

the owner, Elizabeth was very welcoming and helpful. she showed me the map of Jakarta and all helpful transportation means.

Elizabeth is so lovely and made us feel so welcome, we would really recommend Grha Sindoro - a lovely quiet oasis in the middle of crazy Jakarta.

A small quiet oasis in the middle of Jakarta. Very clean establishment with very friendly host. Elizabeth was extremely helpful and provided lots of useful information on what to see in Jakarta and how to travel around. We were made to feel really welcome and felt really looked after. Elizabeth provided refreshing drinks and the free gift on departure was a nice touch. The only minor gripe is that only about half the taxi drivers we used didn't know the address or road.

Grha Sindoro in a jewel in the middle of the busy Jakarta!!! Not really a hostel, but more like a guest house, gives you exactly what you need to have some good and relaxed nights. The location is really good in central Jakarta, with a good range of shops in the same block (24H 7-Eleven, Taxis, Buses,Tuk-Tuks, Restaurants, Minimarkets, etc). Very clean and confortable rooms, with AC, Bathroom, Wi-Fi, etc.. Elizabeth is an amazing hostess!! Thanks for helping me during my short visit in Jakarta!!

Sindoro was great, an awesome little oasis away from the craziness of Jakarta.

It's a lovely place. Elizabeth is very kind and hospitable and can book tours, arrange cabs etc. The location is near small stores (7-11) and restaurants. The only thing that I'd suggest changing is adding mosquito netting. I know Jakarta is not malarial but the bugs were tough. They are difficult to kill and I got many bites while trying to sleep even with DEET. There is an insecticide spray provided which helps but it's not my favorite thing to use inside.

I liked to stay at Grha Sindoro. The host was very friendly and helpful. I have got a good value/service for my money :-)

Perfect hopsitality and it was a perfect choice for me to start my trip in Indonesia. Thank you!

Elizabeth, the host welcomed us very warmly with a little welcome drink. She gave us a map and explained to us what we could do. Also getting the breakfast early in the morning and ordering a taxi was no problem. You even get a little farewell-present (and we only stayed one night!) It felt like a little oasis after long travel to Jakarta and it is lovely to sit in the little patio. But also the price is a bit higher than the usual backpacker place

Staff is very sweet and helpful. The drawbacks of the place mostly come from surroundings. They work hard to keep the place clean in a city like Jakarta. Manage to have a tranquil place. Little pricey though.

All information provided to help us get to the hostel were greatly appreciated! The best were the maps and the recommended tour sites. These two truly helped a lot! Thank you for giving us great support! We only wish toilet was more readily available, as we are not used to the Indonesian style of washing with water only.

• 7th Aug 2013
  • Singapore

The owner was very friendly and helpful. The whole area was very clean and there was aircon and fridge in the rooms. You could book trips, taxi and get inspiration for restaurants from the owner. Very nice place where I would happily stay again.

• 2nd Aug 2013
  • Denmark

I truly enjoyed my stay at Grhu Sindoro! I origionally booked two nights but extended my stay there to five nights. Elizabeth is a fantastic host and her staff is wonderfully pleasant. They provided daily room service, maintaining an extremely clean facility. Everything worked without problems. The location of the Ghru Sindoro gave me a glimps of city life in Jakarta, while always feeling safe and secure. I would highly recommend this hostel to other travelers!

• 31st Jul 2013

It is a small garden inside a big busy city. Even though it's not in city center, but it is near to bus station and you can access to many places through various transports. Convenient shops, restaurants and food stalls are nearby.

• 29th Jul 2013
  • Malaysia

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. Clean rooms, good facilities, complimentary breakfasts, peaceful garden, and very friendly staff, including the owner, Elizabeth, who was really kind to offer drinks and brief me about Jakarta when I arrived, and to give me a souvenir when I left. But for me, the biggest draw of the place was the sound of teachers teaching and the students chatting away in the morning in the school beside the hostel. It was so nice and calming to wake up to that in the morning.

• 23rd Jul 2013
  • Philippines

Elizabeth is very friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and nice. An excellent mid range option for Jakarta.

• 27th Jun 2013

A little Paradise in the busy Jakarta. The owner Elizabeth is a very kind person and also the staff. Lovely breakfast in the quiet tropical garden. Thank you again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6