Guangdong Guest House Reviews

B2, 5/F Block B, Chungking Mansion, 36-44 Nathan Road, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I stayed in this hostel for 4 nights. It's in the infamous Chunking Mansions (look it up) which can seem a bit scary at first, but it's alright in my eyes. Ignore the Indians trying to sell you stuff and head to the B-block elevator. Simon, the hostel's Chinese caretaker is very friendly, offers advice, and keeps the rooms very, very clean. The location is perfect. 200m from the promenade of stars and right across a subway station. If you hate waiting for the elevator, you can take the stairs.

Decent place to stay for a quick trip in Hong Kong. Very small rooms but great location

Hi, we spent 3 night at the hostel. The hostel is located inside Chingking Mansion and is pretty easy to find. The hostel website have a video showing the entrence and inside the rooms. The bed was really good, the room was clean and the shower was hot. =) The locantion is easy to reach from the airport, take the bus and the train, and close to the metro station.

Simon the owner was very helpful and accommodating. The room has everything you require and is very clean inside the hostel. The internet was super fast as well. The location is close to all the action.

• 3rd Feb 2015

Great staff. Terrible showers (hate the heating mechanism). very cramped but did appreciate the minifridge. The elevators were the most terrible part though. I had to carry my luggage down 4 flights because of the terrible busy timing. By the time the elevator makes it down to the 5th floor, it's already all filled. Really annoying.

Simon is really great! He was Always available. Very clean , good location.

I booked my stay before I traveled to HK, and upon arriving, I was shocked at the experience of navigating the Chung King Mansion to find my room. It was jampacked with salesmen accosting me for money. I attribute some of my reaction to culture shock (this type of scene seems typical in HK), but I didn't want to deal with this every day during my stay. The room itself wasn't what I had in mind, but the manager was very nice and professional about letting me cancel. I just paid 2-days rent.

I've stayed at Guang Dong several times and Simon takes very good care of me, as always.

Simon is amazing. The building itself is not.

I would like to express a huge thank-you to guesthouse owner Simon for making the hostel stay comfortable and enjoyable. Chungking Mansions is quite a shady, run down place but the Guangdong Guesthouse is kept in pristine condition. It is very safe and installed with CCTVs, and Simon earnestly works around the clock. It is also very near to the MTRs and the ferry terminals, which is extremely convenient. The rooms are a bit small but my friend and I got used to it quite quickly. :)

• 19th Dec 2014