Guangdong Guest House Reviews

B2, 5/F Block B, Chungking Mansion, 36-44 Nathan Road, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Decent place to stay for a quick trip in Hong Kong. Very small rooms but great location

Hi, we spent 3 night at the hostel. The hostel is located inside Chingking Mansion and is pretty easy to find. The hostel website have a video showing the entrence and inside the rooms. The bed was really good, the room was clean and the shower was hot. =) The locantion is easy to reach from the airport, take the bus and the train, and close to the metro station.

Simon the owner was very helpful and accommodating. The room has everything you require and is very clean inside the hostel. The internet was super fast as well. The location is close to all the action.

• 3rd Feb 2015

Great staff. Terrible showers (hate the heating mechanism). very cramped but did appreciate the minifridge. The elevators were the most terrible part though. I had to carry my luggage down 4 flights because of the terrible busy timing. By the time the elevator makes it down to the 5th floor, it's already all filled. Really annoying.

Simon is really great! He was Always available. Very clean , good location.

I booked my stay before I traveled to HK, and upon arriving, I was shocked at the experience of navigating the Chung King Mansion to find my room. It was jampacked with salesmen accosting me for money. I attribute some of my reaction to culture shock (this type of scene seems typical in HK), but I didn't want to deal with this every day during my stay. The room itself wasn't what I had in mind, but the manager was very nice and professional about letting me cancel. I just paid 2-days rent.

I've stayed at Guang Dong several times and Simon takes very good care of me, as always.

Simon is amazing. The building itself is not.

I would like to express a huge thank-you to guesthouse owner Simon for making the hostel stay comfortable and enjoyable. Chungking Mansions is quite a shady, run down place but the Guangdong Guesthouse is kept in pristine condition. It is very safe and installed with CCTVs, and Simon earnestly works around the clock. It is also very near to the MTRs and the ferry terminals, which is extremely convenient. The rooms are a bit small but my friend and I got used to it quite quickly. :)

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Singapore

Simon was a great host! He quickly showed me to the room and how everything worked. The hostel is right in the thick of things in Tsim Sha Tsui and you're geting a good value considering the rooms are private, have A/C, private bathroom, are clean, and quiet. The touts take some getting used to, but it's par for the course in Tsim Sha Tsui.

As always, I enjoyed my stay at Guang Dong Guest House. The neighborhood is good for shopping and is centrally located. However, getting past the crowd of solicitors outside and waiting inside to take crowded elevator can be intimidating. Once you are past all of that, you find a clean and well maintained Guest House that is run by Simon, who takes very good care of his guests. I highly recommend staying here. Andrew

Realy clean, extremely nice host. Room is small (but this is normal in HK). Hostel has no common facilities like bar (but this is nowhere offered, so ok for me). The area (or more or less just the house) is little bit strange. Google before for Chungking Mansion.

We almost laughed when our host, Simon, opened the room door. It was tiny! So don't bring much luggage, but if you're traveling light, it's everything you need in a great spot. Very clean inside the rooms and Simon offered us maps, directions, and plenty of clean drinking water in the common hallway. Definitely would recommend!

Simon, the owner, was really kind and helpful. All areas of the hostel were accessed using an electronic key and there was a water machine available, too. The beds / towels were changed daily, and the room was really spacious and ours even had a window, There was a ceiling fan and air conditioner so even in the hot weather it was perfect. The mansion itself isn't very nice, but there are security guards around so there was no problem. I would def stay here again :)