Guess House Hostel Reviews

Jln.Petitenget No: 22 Bali 80361 Indonesia., Seminyak, Indonesia

Guess house was an amazing experience. The other bagpackers were so nice and similar to our group. The staff is so helpful and understands you! As for security: i felt like in a James Bond movie! Electronic cards as keys, electronic locks etc the location is about 10min walk from the famous potatoe head and a good 15min-20min walk from the crowded areas on the beach. Go for this hostel!!!

• 3rd Aug 2014

Hostel looked very good at first sight but when you looked closer smaller issues arose e.g only one tap worked, a toilet was Sellotaped shut and could of improved overall cleanliness. The key cards where good for security and we enjoyed our experience, 3 nights was enough there. The new cafe linked to the hostel was cheap and staff were friendly , it just felt understaffed throughout the day in general

Great place to stay in seminyak, one of the cheapest hostels around. The location is great petitenget is very posh, you have good (although a bit pricey) shopping around you plus potato head beach club for some poolside action, mantra bar for live music and hu'u bar for clubbing. The staff are very helpful and nice, the hostel is also nice and quiet. The only negative comment is that the showers lack pressure and toilets may not flush well but it's the same almost everywhere in Bali.

Everything was fine besides there were BEDBUGs everywere and the staff was not interested at all to do something against it. I could change rooms without problem but there were bedbugs too.

Dear Sarah, Sorry for bad experience, actually our hostel always maintenance, clean and use Bed Bug terminate every 3 month and never bed bugs and till other guest some time he/she can not maintenance clean by your self. Sometime bed bug from other guest and landing at ours hostel. I think is not public secrets again every where place infected Bed Bug especially share bed and room like hostel also hotel in bali.I hope u can stay again at our hostel with more better clean and no Bed Bugs :)

Bathrooms are pretty dirty. Living area is average (deceiving photographs), a bit stuffy with slight chemical smell. No pantry and very small common area. Excellent location. Helpful staff.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • India

Dear Guest, Actually we every day cleaning bathrooms and room every day. Event the bed we clean and set up also everyday. Pantry is available, common area this is first comment from our is small, because the other guest house always comment our common area is bigger compare the other hostel around the world. But we very thanks for other opinion hope next time u can back and stay again at our hostel. Regards, Guess House Hostel

The hostel seemed to be great and always full of people, unfortunatly when we arrived they were just reopening so there was only the two of us there. The staff was very helpful and nice. It was a bit far from the beach and everything, but overall we had a great stay in Seminyak.

Enjoyed staying here. Close to everything and easy to get to Kuta if you really want to go there. The staff are good and friendly. Rooms are a little small but nothing major. I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again.

Easily one of the best hostels I have stayed at. The hostel itself is beautiful, modern, and spotlessly clean, but it is the staff that truly makes your stay a memorable one. I fell in love with each and every worker. They go above and beyond for their clients, and I will never forget the kindness they showed to me during my stay. An incredible experience!

• 29th Apr 2014

Friendly and helpful staff. Nice rooms with comfortable beds (although the top bunk was really hard to climb into). Overall nice place to stay. Wifi non-existent in the dorms.

Toilets are always blocked. I felt cleaner before I had a shower than afterward. Beds are comfortable. Would recommend staying elsewhere if bathroom cleanliness is high on your list of priorities.

• 17th Apr 2014

Great hostel for a great value. Though, I was unlucky for staying after some mosquitoes fogging, the after smell was unpleasant. But beside that, everything's okay.

• 14th Apr 2014
  • Indonesia

Unfortunately, this place is far away from everything, so be prepared to rent a scooter or go by taxi. Staff is very friendly though and the rooms and bunk beds are very spacious.

Lovely hostel, right near the beach and the staff are so so lovely! Would definitely recommend it.