Guest House Hitsuji-An Reviews

472-1. Anekouji dori ogawa higasi iru, Nakagyo ku, Kyoto, Japan

Although this hostel is in the quiet part of the area, it is pretty accessible via train. There's a bus stop opposite too, so transport here definitely isn't a problem. The owner is really friendly and helpful in helping me plan which attractions/landmarks to visit first according to my itinerary. I've chatted with him a couple of times, and found out that he's a really genuine person. Definitely go to him if you need any help during your stay here!

Nori was extremely helpful and friendly, he really knows the area well. The guest house is beautiful and clean, and it's close to Gion and a short subway to kyoto station. It really was a delightful stay.

• 12th Jul 2014

A cozy hostel located about a 20 minute walk from downtown Kyoto. I met some great people here and had a wonderful experience.

I´ve spent 6 nights at Hitsuji-An and reeeally enjoyed it there. The hostel reflects the traditional and cozy, but at the same time cosmopolitan style of Kyoto. Nori-san was a great host: very friendly, helpful, discrete but always interested in our experiences in Kyoto. Everything is very clean and neat. Altogether a high-standard-hostel for a low price ;)

• 10th Jun 2014

The hostel is very nice and clean. I would stay there again!

This is a great hostel! A little unconvential but still great. The guy who works there (I don't remember his name) is so incredibly helpful! Literally, he helped take care of our entire stay in Kyoto. Great hostel. You should stay here!

Unbelievably perfect

Hitsuji-An might be hard to find but it is worth the trouble! I really enjoyed my stay and was sad to leave. The place is clean and the stuff very helpful and friendly.

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Austria

The only owner and the manager of the hostel, Nori, is a marvellous guy, very helpful, very kind and you can see that he is very keen on his job. The house is built in a traditional Japanese tatami style, and has been very recently renovated, so everything is brand new. Maybe a bit remote (30 min by walk) from Gion, but it's very close to the Castle, one of the great attractions in Kyoto. Highly recommended!

The GH is well placed (~500m until the Nijô castle and ~30min max until Gion). The boss is very kind, he always want to help and gives many advice. Japanese shower and toilet. Unfortunately, only one shower for everybody (so you have to wait). The GH is clean, the beds are very confortables, the rooms are really pleasant. The common room is in a japanese style. Locker would be a good idea.

I had a very enjoyable stay at Hitsuji-An Guesthouse. The owner, Nori was a very friendly and kind. He gave many great recommendations for popular sightseeing areas. This guesthouse is located on a quiet street near Karasuma-Oike station. Many attractions are nearby or a short bus ride away. The atmosphere and facilities of the guesthouse were excellent. It felt very homey and it was very clean. I would definitely recommend this guesthouse to anyone looking for a place to stay in Kyoto.

• 1st Apr 2014

Very cute decor

• 30th Mar 2014

It's really wonderful! The host is very very nice! He showed me his traveling photos and we talked happily! I had a good memory there! I'm gonna live there again if I come in the future!

I will suggest my friends to stay!!! Staff is super nice, location not bad, and easy to access, easy to go everywhere!!! I like staying there!!!

I prefer here to big hotel.I felt at home. Clean,tidy.This guest house is located in center city. It's easy to walk to Nishiki food market and Gion(Geisha district).There is a good Tempra restaurant near by.Owner gave me a lot of information,if I ask.The room could not be locked,but I didn't care about it.The price is reasonable.