Guest House KURA Reviews

39, Suzaka, Suzaka city, Nagano prefecture, Japan, Nagano Snow Monkey Park, Japan

I have been traveling for a year and stayed in a lot of places. This was my favorite. I chose based on high reviews and it certainly exceeded my expectations. Marina, the owner, is wonderful and the house is beautiful. I enjoyed sake, home cooked meal by Marina's Mom, snowboarding, monkey park, and hung out with awesome neighbors, and guests. I got a true taste of Japanese culture. She has a wall of gifts from previous guests which is a very very good sign of an excellent host. Thank you M!!

Marina and Taka were incredibly friendly and open during my stay in Suzaka. Very helpful regarding sightseeing and skiing in the area. They cooked dinner for me one night, and took me to the local onsen. Because of them, I won't soon forget my time there. Can't wait to go back!

we love to stay there, and will stay there again when we have a chance, all staffs are great, very helpful and caring. Worth of your money!

• 28th Dec 2015
  • Thailand

Marina the owner is the nicest and sweetest person! She made our stay so comfortable. Service is 10/10. Walls are a bit thin, so we had to be careful to not speak too loudly at night. But other than that, the stay was my favourite part of my trip to Nagano

Fantastic stay. Such a homely atmosphere at guesthouse Kura. I will miss all of you so much!

Marina has renovated the shop with her mother and created a friendly, warm atmosphere with light music, a large sofa, homely decoration, bottomless tea and good conversation. I felt immediately at home and didn't want to leave. Marina has made friends with many of her guests due to her ability to make people feel comfortable. I have recommended Kura Guest house to 6 people already!

Thank you for staying at Guest House KURA. We had a really good time with you. We enjoyed talking to you. Your kind comments encourage our efforts! Hope you enjoyed Japan's trip!!! See you again:) Arigato-!!

Staying in small town Suzaka was nice close to Nagano and the monkey park. Staff there were awesome and the whole building had a really relaxed vibe with a sweet bar and more authentic Japanese lodging. I highly recommend staying here and would do it again if I'm ever beat Nagano. Thanks for the beers and good times guys!

I liked this hostel base in the Suzuka area of Nagano. It is a little far from Nagano station but the staff is really cool and makes you feel welcome and chats to the guests which is great. The hostel is in an old building over 100 years old so has a lot of character but still really well maintained. Give it a shot!

I had a wonderful time, I would stay there again.

Thank you for staying at Guest House KURA! We also had a very good time with you! All of the local people who you met here are looking forward to seeing you again! You are always welcome to come back to Suzaka! Arigato-!!

If you like old Japanese house, it is your best choice. I like it so much and would be there again. Staff is so kind and helpful, thanks.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • China

Thank you for staying at Guest House KURA! We had a very good time with you! And thank you for exploring Suzaka! Enjoy your life in Japan! And see you again! Thank you again for coming to Suzaka!

View all Nagano Snow Monkey Park Hostels