Guest House KURA Reviews

39, Suzaka, Suzaka city, Nagano prefecture, Japan, Nagano, Japan

Was such a nice place to stay! The lady that runs this place was amazing, one of the most kindhearted person I've met in Japan! I was sad to leave. If you have the chance you should definitely stay here :)

Awesome guest house! Marina is an amazing host, she is full of good advice and makes you feel right at home !

As all of the other reviewers have said, Marina is a wonderful, welcoming host. Sitting around and chatting in the lounge at night was one of the highlights of my time in Nagano. If I could give this place more than an "excellent" for atmosphere, I would. The guest house itself has been renovated in a way that really highlights its traditional feel, which adds to the unique experience. It's definitely worth the short trip to Suzaka!

I had a brilliant stay in Guest House Kura. Marina, the proprietor, is a truly wonderful lady. It's a small place compared to other hostels I've stayed in but that only adds to the excellent atmosphere. Highly recommended!

Really great hostel, one of the best I have ever stayed at! Such a comfortable atmosphere, very cosy and traditional.

• 20th Dec 2014

Meeting Marina is like meeting a long lost family member!!! She is the nicest, sweetest, most gracious host I've ever had at any guesthouse or hostel. The guesthouse itself- absolutely brilliant! Exactly what I was looking for- a traditional Japanese experience. Paper walls, tatami style sleeping, most beautiful decor. My only regret is that I only had time to stay 1 night before visiting the incredible Snow Monkey Park. I can't wait to return and see Marina and the monkeys again!

Marina is the best host known to man! I was really keen on the onsen, and she even arranged for her dad to come take me so I wouldn't get lost. If you are looking for a traditional style stay in Japan, come here!!! Kura is close to the snow monkeys and Suzuka is also a very quaint and friendly town. And if Shinji is around, please forward him your snow monkey pictures for his project!

Marina was the perfect host! I have never stayed somewhere that felt this much like home. On the first night I ate dinner with Marina and the other guests, we visit a local onsen which was a great first experience and the best one I went to in Nagano. She was so helpful in assisting me with my plans for Nagano and recommended great restaurants. When I got back there was a hot water bottle in my bed. Simple amazing, if you want a real taste of Japan and some warm hospitality stay here.

This was my favorite hostel that I stayed at in Japan! The traditional building and tatami style sleeping arrangements were great. It's very clean and you can't beat the awesome hot shower after a day of watching the nearby Snow Monkeys. It's super close to restaurants, shops, the post office and train station; everything a backpacker needs. The hostess was great as well and I've already told all my friends to stay here!

Thank you so much for such an amazing stay at your guesthouse. My cousin and I loved every minute of it. We really appreciate all your help and advice, also so lovely of you to take us to the Onsen. Everything was perfect :)

Staying at Kura has gone down as one the best parts of my Japan experience! Marina-sun was absolutely amazing! She really looked after us and advised good places to visit. She even invited us into a yuukata and fireworks night with her friends. A genuinely beautiful lady! I HIGHLY recommend this traditional japanese style hostel, and will DEFINITELY be back in the winter.

Thank you so much for staying at Guest House KURA and for your super kind comments:) You and your friend are super funny!! We also had a great time with you! Thank you for trying on Yukata, too! Hope we can go to you and your friend's super funny restaurant in the near future!! Good luck:D Thank you again for coming to Suzaka!!