Guest House KURA

9.8
Superb 134 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 25-30
30th Apr 2017

What a unique and genuine experience! We had a great stay with Marina and the crew at Guest House Kura. When we arrived, Marina warmly welcomed us with a tour of the guest house and its great amenities. She then helped us plan activities, and gave us a handy list of restaurant recommendations. The traditional rooms (tatami mats, futon mattresses, paper walls etc) do not lock, however there are safety lock boxes available to use. Such a great, warm, friendly environment. Would stay again!

• Canada, Female, 31-40
21st Apr 2017

This was SUCH a wonderful place to stay, I was lucky enough to be there on a night when they were hosting a special food party with rare local specialities, and I had a great time feasting and partying with locals. The host was SO friendly and gave great tips on how to get around town. I wish I could have stayed another night in this beautiful old house!

12th Apr 2017

Very nice traditional guesthouse in a small, quiet town north of nagano. The guesthouse is old and beautiful but bring ear plugs as the house creaks and has the traditional paper doors. The highlight was definitely the staff who go above and beyond for their guests. They helped me without request, which really spoof out. Highly recommend

• England, Female, 31-40
31st Mar 2017

This is the most amazing guesthouse I have ever stayed in. The owner is simply amazing! The most accommodating, helpful and friendly host I've ever met! It felt like I was staying with friends and family. I highly recommend this place and when I'm next in Japan I will come back!!!

30th Mar 2017

Amazing place to stay whilst going on day trips to the monkey park and other areas. Felt very welcome and great areas for relaxing in the evening. Would definitely stay again.

29th Mar 2017

I was blown away by this place. Right away, the host helped me work out the details to help me do what I wanted, which was to see the onsen snow monkeys, and to hike between Magome and Tsumago. I got to do both, and they've been highlights of my time in Japan. Suzaka is cold, but they keep the guest house lobby and the bedrooms plenty warm. The traditional style of the place adds to its coziness and charm. (Sake store across the street is a bonus!) Highly recommend!!

24th Mar 2017

Stayed a few weeks ago whilst travelling Japan and this is still my favourite place. It's half way between Nagano and the Snow Monkeys, Marina and Akane were really helpful during my stay. I even had the chance to meet the locals and make takoyaki! Was also taught useful Japanese phrases. Will definitely come back and visit again! Traditional Japanese house with clean facilities, hot shower with good pressure, hot water bottles provided in the colder months!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
25th Feb 2017

I lived this place! Marina is so lovely (even drove me to the nearby onsen). I got upgraded to have NY own room and it was so warm. It a very cosy place to stay and you feel so welcome. I recommend this place if you're going to see the snow monkeys.

19th Feb 2017

It's a little far from station but it's worth it. The takoyaki party was very fun. Staff is awesome, thanks for an amazing stay.

27th Jan 2017

Place, setting, and host was absolutely amazing. Will recommend to everyone.