Guest House KURA Reviews

39, Suzaka, Suzaka city, Nagano prefecture, Japan, Nagano, Japan

The best hostel i've stayed in. The staff went above and beyond- made us feel like they were family and we were just at home. Electric blankets and nightly hot water bottles were an amazing touch. Breakfast was delicious too! Would 100% stay again.

Staying here was one of my best travel experiences... I met a great group of people, ate some great food, saw some snow monkeys, and similar to others, was taken to a local onsen by the owner's father. I highly recommend this place if you are intending to check out the snow monkeys and things in that area.

In a lovely quiet area with close access to train transport Guesthouse Kura was a great stay. Marina is a bubbly and warm host and is extremely helpful for all tours, handing out maps and information. The rooms are beautifully renovated in traditional style and the bedding was comfy and most importantly warm- best hot water bottles! There is a lovely social atmosphere in the lounge in the evenings. Highly recommend.

• 4th Feb 2015

We stayed here for 3 nights, but would have happily stayed for a week or longer!! Marina was the most welcoming gorgeous person we've ever met. Everything about this place was amazing. We were lucky enough to get taught how to make delicious sushi and be there for a night of a traditional celebration involving us dressing up and throwing lots of peanuts!! So fun. Thank you so much Marina for our wonderful stay. Would recommend to anyone.

Was such a nice place to stay! The lady that runs this place was amazing, one of the most kindhearted person I've met in Japan! I was sad to leave. If you have the chance you should definitely stay here :)

Awesome guest house! Marina is an amazing host, she is full of good advice and makes you feel right at home !

As all of the other reviewers have said, Marina is a wonderful, welcoming host. Sitting around and chatting in the lounge at night was one of the highlights of my time in Nagano. If I could give this place more than an "excellent" for atmosphere, I would. The guest house itself has been renovated in a way that really highlights its traditional feel, which adds to the unique experience. It's definitely worth the short trip to Suzaka!

I had a brilliant stay in Guest House Kura. Marina, the proprietor, is a truly wonderful lady. It's a small place compared to other hostels I've stayed in but that only adds to the excellent atmosphere. Highly recommended!

Thank you for coming and staying at Guest House KURA! Our dorm room is not big enough so we appreciate your smallest backpack we have ever host! hahaha:) And thank you for your cooperation of interviews for the local newspaper! Great meeting you! Come back to Suzaka!

Really great hostel, one of the best I have ever stayed at! Such a comfortable atmosphere, very cosy and traditional.

• 20th Dec 2014

Thank you for staying at Guest House KURA! Hope you could stay here longer, but it was nice meeting you! Thank you so much for coming to Suzaka!

Meeting Marina is like meeting a long lost family member!!! She is the nicest, sweetest, most gracious host I've ever had at any guesthouse or hostel. The guesthouse itself- absolutely brilliant! Exactly what I was looking for- a traditional Japanese experience. Paper walls, tatami style sleeping, most beautiful decor. My only regret is that I only had time to stay 1 night before visiting the incredible Snow Monkey Park. I can't wait to return and see Marina and the monkeys again!

Thank you so much for your kind comments!! Your so kind comments are keep encouraging our efforts! Thank you so much! It was great meeting you, and I miss you, and your Canadian color Fashion!! :) Don't forget you are always welcome to come back here!!! Arigato-!

Marina is the best host known to man! I was really keen on the onsen, and she even arranged for her dad to come take me so I wouldn't get lost. If you are looking for a traditional style stay in Japan, come here!!! Kura is close to the snow monkeys and Suzuka is also a very quaint and friendly town. And if Shinji is around, please forward him your snow monkey pictures for his project!

Thank you for your kind message! And also thank you for promoting Shinji's project! His music video will come soon:) It was a wonderful night wit you! Thank you again for staying at Guest House kURA! If you have chance to come back to Japan, don't forget to drop by Nagano! Arigato-!

Marina was the perfect host! I have never stayed somewhere that felt this much like home. On the first night I ate dinner with Marina and the other guests, we visit a local onsen which was a great first experience and the best one I went to in Nagano. She was so helpful in assisting me with my plans for Nagano and recommended great restaurants. When I got back there was a hot water bottle in my bed. Simple amazing, if you want a real taste of Japan and some warm hospitality stay here.

Thank you for staying at Guest House KURA! And thank you for joining our dinner that night:) We really happy to hear that you enjoyed staying here! Thank you again for coming to Suzaka!! Arigato-!

This was my favorite hostel that I stayed at in Japan! The traditional building and tatami style sleeping arrangements were great. It's very clean and you can't beat the awesome hot shower after a day of watching the nearby Snow Monkeys. It's super close to restaurants, shops, the post office and train station; everything a backpacker needs. The hostess was great as well and I've already told all my friends to stay here!

Thank you for your stay, and for your kind comments! Your comments are helping to encourage our efforts! Hope you could find something Japanese souvenir in Japan:) It was great meeting you:) AIrgato-!

Thank you so much for such an amazing stay at your guesthouse. My cousin and I loved every minute of it. We really appreciate all your help and advice, also so lovely of you to take us to the Onsen. Everything was perfect :)

Thank you for staying at Guest House KURA! We are very happy you enjoyed staying here in Suzaka! Thank you for trying Onsen:) If you have chance, come back to Japan!