Guest House KURA Reviews

39, Suzaka, Suzaka city, Nagano prefecture, Japan, Nagano, Japan

Our stay at Guest House Kura was amazing. The staff was really friendly and helpful, atmosphere was easy-going so we met some cool people.

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Bulgaria

Five star customer service. Staff has great English. Hostel is very cozy Would be great if Air Conditioning is available in each room.

Thank you for staying with us! We had a really good time with your family! Thank you for joining fire flies tour, and world table tennis game! hahaha Next time you come back to Japan, let's play table tennis again!! Thank you again for coming to Suzaka!

This beautiful hostel was a sick last minute decision! Design and layout was excellent, clearly a lot of thought and time was invested. Staff were wicked, so helpful and kind - we had an lovely to me here. It is a bit of a walk with a big pack from the station but definitely not unmanageable. Good if you need a cruisey night.

Thank you for staying at Guest House KURA! We are glad you enjoyed our hostel. It was great meeting you! Arigato-:) Hope you had a great time in Japan!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Excellent service. I would definitely recommend.

• 26th Jun 2015

The staff are so kind and helpful. Such a charming, beautiful old house. Very homely, very friendly. Strongly recommend staying here!

• 28th Apr 2015

Thank you for your stay, and for your kind comments. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed staying here! Your comment is helping to encourage our efforts! Thank you again for coming to Suzaka! Arigato-!!

Best hostel we have stayed in Japan with the most helpfull staff. Without asking she arranged discount coupons for skiing and onsens in the area.

Thank you for staying at Guest House KURA! It was great meeting you!! And also thank you for your kind comments, we are very happy to hear that! Come back again for skiing in Winter!! Arigato-!!

A great little guesthouse to stay in! The owners are lovely, friendly and are happy to help you out. The guesthouse is very clean and home like. It's located 30 minutes train ride from Nagano. It was amazing being out in a typical Japanese town and being the only western about! It was a lovely stop over on my way to see the snow monkeys. Wish I stayed longer than a night! Plus the cafe attached makes fantastic coffee.

Thank you for coming to Suzaka! Wish you could stay longer, but thank you again for staying with us! Great meeting you!

Great hostel, Marina was extremely helpful even before we arrived. Ideal stopover if you are seeing the snow monkeys. They even picked our luggage up from the train station while we visited the monkeys and delivered it the hostel. Would stay again in a heart beat!

Really cool owner!

Thank you for staying with us!! Come back to Japan at any time:)

Fantastic authentic Japanese guest house experience! The home is over 100 years old and you sleep traditionally on a Japanese matt (actually quite comfortable). Marina is also amazing at helping you out with everything! Really enjoyed my stay here, probably the most memorable one in Japan for me!

Our stay at the hostel was absolutely great. The staff are very kind and the lounge had a great atmosphere. I'm normally not one to sit in a lounge of a hostel, but the staff made everyone feel at home and ensured no one was left out of the conversation. The owner even took us to a hot spring nearby, and another staff member took us to a local restaurant and had dinner with us. That was a first for me, but it was great! If I were to visit Nagano again, I'd go to this hostel again.

We had a very relaxing stay here between Yamanouchi and Nagano. Marina at the desk is very informative, speaks great English, and made the stay very enjoyable. The rooms were very cool and had the old-Japan feel. Beds were very comfortable, and the hot water bottle we received at bedtime was very helpful. Definitely recommend staying here for a night. (The pizza joint down the street is delicious FYI). Thanks Marina!

The best hostel i've stayed in. The staff went above and beyond- made us feel like they were family and we were just at home. Electric blankets and nightly hot water bottles were an amazing touch. Breakfast was delicious too! Would 100% stay again.

Staying here was one of my best travel experiences... I met a great group of people, ate some great food, saw some snow monkeys, and similar to others, was taken to a local onsen by the owner's father. I highly recommend this place if you are intending to check out the snow monkeys and things in that area.

This is a really interesting place to stay. It was my first experience in a Japanese Guest House with paper walls and a roll out bed. I can recommend the place as somewhere to stay.

In a lovely quiet area with close access to train transport Guesthouse Kura was a great stay. Marina is a bubbly and warm host and is extremely helpful for all tours, handing out maps and information. The rooms are beautifully renovated in traditional style and the bedding was comfy and most importantly warm- best hot water bottles! There is a lovely social atmosphere in the lounge in the evenings. Highly recommend.

• 4th Feb 2015

We stayed here for 3 nights, but would have happily stayed for a week or longer!! Marina was the most welcoming gorgeous person we've ever met. Everything about this place was amazing. We were lucky enough to get taught how to make delicious sushi and be there for a night of a traditional celebration involving us dressing up and throwing lots of peanuts!! So fun. Thank you so much Marina for our wonderful stay. Would recommend to anyone.