Guest House Lantern Reviews

152 Nishiyaoya-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto, Japan

Walking distance to Kyoto Station. Good facilities, although a little cramped. Friendly staff.

About 10 min to walk from the JR station, but major bus lines just around the corner; really nice place

The location was excellent, just 10mins walk to Kyoto station. Bed was comfy with very fluffy sheets / futon, whole place was spic and span cleaned up seconds after any guest leaves, the place is run by Takkeshi who speaks good english, very helpful when I tried to get help looking for something I wanted to buy, guests were a mix of domestic travellers, backpackers and even a family.. few steps from a convenience store... definitely highly recommended!

The owner is one of the nicest people I've ever met. Highly recommended.

Love to be there once again, lovely place, very friendly staff, feel like home. This guest house will be my first choice when I travel to Kyoto again.

Very kind people, clean and nice, comfortable kitchen

A compact but cozy stay, incredibly clean with some traditional elements such as tatami mats on the floors which was lovely. The owner was absolutely delightful, very welcoming, very helpful and always laughing and smiling. Thanks so much, we had a great stay.

Nice hostel, very friendly and helpful staff. I'd come again.