Guest House Lantern Reviews

152 Nishiyaoya-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto, Japan

I absolutely love this hostel - my favourite of the trip. Takeshi and Shota are both great hosts, and really went out of their way to be both VERY helpful and sociable with their guests. Location is great - just over 10 mins on foot from Kyoto Station & there are bus stops to all corners of the city within a 2 min walk. Everything was really clean, beds were really comfortable and the wifi was good. A safe haven in a beautiful city! Definitely recommend both Kyoto and Guesthouse Lantern :)

This is the worst hostel I lived in, the check in time is 4pm, so late! And the staff is terrible, I ask one of the staff about some tourism information, to my surprise, he question me in a very bad attitude: “you know nothing about Kyoto?”by the way, the location of the hostel is not so close to the station and you still need to take the bus, it is hard to find restaurant and shopping mall around this hostel, only some convenience stores. In a word, bad hostel, unfriendly staff!

Very nice staff, nice, friendly atmosphere, cozy and clean room. Definitely worth to stay there! Thanks!

I had a great time at Guest House Lantern. The owner is a really fun guy who doesn't mind hanging out in the evenings and sharing a few drinks. Very accommodating, very friendly, very helpful. It was a really cool hostel, very comfortable and good facilities.