Guest House Merlin Reviews

Gorazdova 22, Prague, Czech Republic

Really good Hostel. Everything was perfect in my time there.

Very modern and nice. Booked through hostel world but it is more a self contained hotel room without kitchen facilities. I asked reception and not even a microwave I could use. Great view on our side of the building but quite a walk to the main part of the city where everything is. If they had a small kitchen area for guest use it would have been perfect.

I and my friends would like to thank you for the awesome days in Prague. The price of the room, the cleanliness and the attention of the staff team were great. Best reception ever. Thanks for the tips of touristic places and value of food/drinks. If I come back to Prague someday, I will stay there againg for sure!

• 18th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

It was one of the best hostel which I have been. The personel is very nice and kind. The rooms are not like from a hostel, more like from a hotel. I was there with my father in a double room. They even wine for us. :) The locations is great. It is two tram stops far from Charles Bridge and the metro B is just 1 minute far from the hostel. It is 1 minute to go to river side which you can see the dancing house, too. From window you can even see the great view.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

This was more hotel than hostel! The room was plain and very clean, but retained enough of the original features to give it a sense of charm, but the best feature was a view of the castle from the window! The location is great, it is a short walk along the river into town, providing a wonderful opportunity for a romatic evening stroll. The area is quite, there are no noisy clubs or bars, but there is an excellent resturant on the ground floor. Direct tram to the Castle and Charles Bridge

• 30th Apr 2014

The place was under construction. We booked a room with private bathroom (had to pay more) where the shower didn't work so we had to shower two floors down in a random room where it felt like the staff is taking their naps and showers(didn't return the money). I think they should lower the price for that instead of charging extra for parking. Nice people working there but some things feel like they're falling apart.

Loved this hostel and would definitely stay here again. Brilliant location and very clean.

A great find. For a very reasonable price you get to sleep right at the center of beautiful Prague in a historical building with a home like atmosphere. Staff were very nice and friendly. Will definitely stay here again on my next trip.

• 18th Feb 2014

Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Right on the river and a short walk to Charles bridge. Beautiful scenery. Quest and cosy room which was perfect for our weekend away!!

• 14th Feb 2014

The hostel has a good location - a short walking distance to Charles Bridge. The room we got (double bed private) was very great - big, with very comfortable bed, with 2 extra sofas, two chairs, a table and a refridgerator. We had a private bathroom. The room had a view on the Castle. The athmosphere was great and it was great value for the money. We could also get a parking place in front of the hostel for 20 EUR per 3 days. The breakfast is 4,5 EUR per day, but it is good value for money.

Noise from other guests tends to echo around that stairwell, so i didnt get much sleep. You may be more fortunate with your neighbours

• 24th Oct 2013

very recommendable for people who are not looking for a party location but a nice accomodation where you get good value for your money. rooms are nice and clean, staff friendly and helpful, location really close to the very center of Prague

• 11th Oct 2013

Good welcoming, trying to satisfy our requirments. I really liked the stay at Merlin Guest House. Next visit in Prague the accomodation will be at Merlim.

• 17th Aug 2013
  • Romania

Merlin is great place to stay when travelling as a couple in Prague. Its nicely located, has good places for food around, and is walking distance from pretty much anything. At some point we had a problem with our shower, which was fixed very fast. Employees were also helpful but as mentionned before there is not much of an atmosphere for people looking to socialize. Bottles of wine in bedroom were also a nice touch. I would definitely recommend Merlin to anyone who likes this type of place!

• 15th Aug 2013

Pros- Clean, rooms are very private. they are like mini-apts, bathroom had a hairdryer, mini fridge on every floor that can be shared,the Dancing House (Czech: Tančící dům) or Fred and Ginger is located just around the corner Cons- location is about a 20 minute walk from main attractions (Old Town Square, Prague Castle, etc), no elevator, staff is clueless about inform regarding post office locations & supermarkets

Stayed two nights at Merlin in a 4 bed room with shared bathroom. Rooms really spacious and beds were fine. Had a pedestal fan in the room but the room was still quite hot. Facilities were good and location is around 15 mins walk from the old town. Trams and trains both close by. No atmosphere being a guest house there isnt a common room or bar.

Really nice room, quite big, nice big window. The location is pretty good, just a little outside of old town, close to river. You can walk to the centre of old town in about 15 minutes. Beds were quite comfy. Private entrance into the apartment block. Not a hostel though, so don't expect to meet anyone. Its just a nice place to have a private room. There are plenty of pub crawls/boat parties, all of which can be found, starting at 8:30pm, by the astrological clock in old town square. Cant miss.

I loved staying here. My room was spacious and comfortable. I enjoyed spending time in the garden at night after a long day of sight-seeing.

Room was perfect, nicest we've stayed in so far! Had a great view of the river and the castle (if you poked your head out a bit) bed was insanely comfy! A bit of a walk into the centre and to the castle but not really a problem. Station well within walking distance. Restaurant below rooms was delicious and excellent value.

A very quiet hostel, good if you want to do your own thing, but there is no where to meet other people. The man who showed us to our room, took us all the way to our room (five floors up) and showed us how things worked which was nice, though he wasn't overly friendly. We had half a room as we were in the roof! Getting around without hitting your head on the ceiling/wooden beams was a challenge. I'm sure it would be fine on the lower floors.

« first « Prev 1 2 3