Guest House Renjishi Kabuki Reviews

670-5.Kakimoto-cho,Inokumadori Gojyo Kudaru, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

We have stayed at herer ai 3 days. Nice staff and nice house. We both satisfly of this house. The host is very friendly and feel free to answer any questions. We will come again if we go back to Kyoto next time.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Hong Kong

The location is very good between Kyoto station and downtown. Please keep in mind that to go downtown you will have to take a bus or rent a bike - by walking is too far away. The double room is very small with no cupboard to hang your stuff. If you are staying for more than a couple of days it becomes quite tight. There is only one shower for all guests and to go both to shower and toilet you'll have to go downstairs - was okay to me. The place is spotless clean. By 1 am you have to be home.

Mr Harada was an amazing host. He let me into my room at 8.00am as my bus arrived very early in the morning. He cooked dinner for me with beer and sake as a gift. He keeps the place spotlessly clean and is always on hand to help. I would totally recommend this place for a stay in Kyoto.

I stayed here for 3 nights and thought the place was fantastic. I arrived at 8 am and it was possible to get a shower get into my room at no extra charge. Mr Harada was a wonderful host who gave you lots of information not only about the GH but Kyoto. He invited me to have dinner in the communal area with beer and sake and there was no charge. You do have to walk downstairs to use the toilet and showers but on every occasion they were immaculately clean. 15 min walk from Kyoto main station.

Me and a friend stayed one night at Renjishi Kabuki. The location is ok, 15 minutes walk from Kyoto station but a bit far from downtown. The owner was very welcoming and showed us all the facilities, the dorm room is comfy, maybe a little on the small side but it is to be expected from a guest house in a traditional japanese house. There is no kitchen per say but a microwave and a table and chairs.

I loved staying here even though I was skeptical at first. The host is exceptionally kind and tries to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The place is not huge and space may be limited but you will be exploring Kyoto either way (almost all important busses depart from Kyoto station which is less than 20 minutes away). For staying over night and getting ready for the day this hostel was great (especially at this price). I definitely recommend it.

• 14th Aug 2014

It is 15 minutes walk from the station with heavy bags, and is easy to find if you have map. It is super clean, and the dorm has air con. There is no real communal area and no kitchen. I would happily stay again!

This is absolutely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. I was there a week and it was very comfortable, clean, and just home-like the entire time. The owner as well as the staff who was there when we first checked in were both very accommodating and welcoming. The location is great! You can rent a bike from the hostel for a day and do everything in Central and even the North / East areas if you're into biking. Highly recommend!

Very kind and helpful manager. I was concerned that the air condition in my room would be insufficient to sleep (this was in August), but it worked out very well. Traditional Japanese rooms was a great experience.

Stayed one night in the tatami style single. The guesthouse offers a unique Japanese experience, it was very interesting and is recommended. The single was small, but cozy. The guesthouse is run by a very kind old man who provides hand-drawn maps and binders with food, transportation and sightseeing recommendations. The bicycle rental service is also very convenient, and highly recommended. My only complaint is that the portable AC unit provided barely cools the room.

I had a great time here. I stayed for almost 1 week in the female dorms. The curtains for each bed enables some privacy and excellent sleeping. When you come to understand the bus network it is easy to travel from this guest house. The owner is really nice and makes you feel 'home'. Some downsides are: Only 1 shower Be back before 1pm (was ok for me) I would especially recommend this guest house for solo female travellers. Cheers from The Netherlands

• 20th Jul 2014

The staff was really helpful. Each room came with a folder with details of all the attractions in Kyoto and how to get there. The only shortcoming is that there is only one shower facility, and although there are two showerheads inside, and guests seldom use both at the same time.

The inn keeper was really nice. I stayed for only a night but he was very friendly and we spoke til late at night. We shared food even! He was very helpful with providing us with information. It is the best guesthouse I've ever been in. The bathrooms and rooms are clean. It is close to convenience stores and supermarkets. And public transport. The inn keeper also provided us with water.

Cute little guesthouse in a very convenient location. The owner was extraordinarily friendly and helpful and has heaps of great tips for authentic restaurants, activities and sights nearby. Space is very limited (very small common area and barely any space to put the luggage) and the shower is located next door, however this place is excellent value for money.

Mr.??, the owner, is a really really nice guy. He tries to hep as much as he can and cares about everyone's trip. He even invited me to take a photo in front of the gate :) the place is not really hard to find but the only way to get around is to take a bus. Met a lot interesting girls in female dorm. Great experience.

Absolutely the nicest host I've ever met. The rooms were clean and air conditioned, with a small shared area upstairs for tea/fridge use. Rent bikes if you stay here (from the hostel or from kyoto station) as it is the best way to get around. Every time we left for the day he saw us off. Cannot stress enough how lovely he was. There are only 2 toilets and 1 shower, but it is very large, and there are only beds for around 10 or 12 guests, so it wasn't a problem.

The owner is a very nice gentleman who gives out his own hand made maps of the city and suggestions for sight seeing. You can also rent a bike from him which we found very convenient.

• 17th May 2014
  • Israel

Great place, owner was incredibly friendly even though I didn't speak much Japanese. The only downside was the location, it can be a little confusing if you aren't relying on a gps or cellphone. Overall very worth the money, I would recommend to anyone visiting Kyoto.

Great place! Excellent staff, highly recommend!