Guest House Renjishi Kabuki Reviews

670-5.Kakimoto-cho,Inokumadori Gojyo Kudaru, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

A couple of things to be aware of: - There is only one shower, and in order to access it you must go outside & around the front of the building. Rather annoying. - Curfew at 1am and you can't be in the hostel between 10am and 3pm due to cleaning. - Owner is constantly around (although he was very sweet and helpful). However, the beds are very comfy and sheets were clean etc. I'm sorry to be leaving a less positive review but thought people should know!

Great host and great place to stay.

We spent very pleasant days in the hostel. We appreciated the kindness of the owner and the cleanliness.

The location is quite good, convenient to every place by bus and very quite. The price is reasonable and the boss helps a lot.

• 14th Jul 2015
  • China

My group had a great experience at the Renjishi Kabuki guest house. The location was a bit far from central attractions for going out at night, but during the day it was no problem to take a bus to sightsee in Kyoto, especially considering the affordable price. The host was very accommodating and provided us with a bus and public transportation map, and even made a reservation for us a nearby restaurant that he recommended, which turned out to be delicious Japanese food. Would recommend!

I stayed in a comfy bunked room with my friend here. We arrived after 10pm, but the staff of duty was incredibly kind and thorough. The facilities were a little compact, but clean, orderly, and in great working condition. I like the peaceful atmosphere and would definitely stay there again.

Myself and my friend had only planned on staying for one night but we loved it so much we stayed for three. We stayed in the six bed female dorm which is a lovely room and the beds are so comfy. The owner is one of the sweetest people we have met and made us feel so welcome. The hostel is very central for anywhere you might want to go. We used the bus mostly to get around the city and the stop is only two minutes away. I would definitely recommend people to stay at this great hostel.

Our host was the best! One of the sweetest people I've ever met.

• 12th Jun 2015

My partner and I stayed here for more than a week and we absolutely loved it! The location was a 10-15 minute walk from Kyoto station, and you can take a number of buses to shorten your walk. There are also three or more convenience stores in the immediate area. Mr. Harada, the guesthouse keeper, was so warm and welcoming. He always made it a point to tell us the weather for the day. The common bathrooms were always clean. The best place we stayed in during our whole visit in Japan.

• 9th Jun 2015

Very welcoming staff, we felt like home duting our stay. Facilities are clean and the traditionnal environment creates a nice atmosphere.

• 27th May 2015

A pleasant stay. Never felt worried about leaving things in the house. One of the days the room wasn't cleaned (aka: the trash wasn't taken out) but it didn't bother us at all as it was a very small amount of trash. The landlord was extremely friendly and helpful with local eateries and tourist spots.

• 22nd May 2015

Good location not too far from the station and easy to get the bus to all the sights. Super clean and friendly, you are made to feel at home. Only one shower but I think this is common in smaller guest houses in Japan. Would definitely come back.

• 13th May 2015

The place is a little tricky to find and the instructions given were not all that helpful. However in all the place was really clean and comfy, very decent and has a homey feeling to it too. Recommended to those who wants a taste of local Kyoto lifestyle. :)

I only gave it an average rating because the staff was very friendly,otherwise my score would not be so forgiving. While working on my computer at 2am I saw two (even felt one) cockroaches. Got up, turned on the light, they ran under the tatami mats. Brought this up to the staff; couldn't change rooms, because solid booking due to GoldenWeek. I was not allowed to cancel my remaining night/they would not even give me a refund for the remaining night. Left Kyoto a day early and sleep deprived.

• 2nd May 2015

Great time and very helpful host!

• 1st May 2015

Great place with incredibly nice staff who proved great recommendations. The only drawback is there only being one shower.

The host has prepared a hand drawn map illustrating some directions to/fro the hostel and the surrounding area with some attractions/food recommendation. He has also printed out some famous tourist locations and the directions to these places. His actions really made us felt welcomed! The stay was a good experience as the hostel is a traditional Japanese home (but furnished with beds). The only drawback is there is only a shower to share.

hard to locate the hostel. Clean hostel, has narrow and steep stairs but well maintained. Not favourable for families with young kids but alright with older kids. general facilities clean but lacking space for computer use and for drinking/eating facilities.

The host made me feel very welcome and the place was very clean. The only downside was that I had to leave the hostel to get from my room to the shower facilities.

• 31st Mar 2015

Located in central Kyoto, older style rooms. The double room with western bunks was cramped, but fairly comfortable. Helpful owner.