Guest House Renjishi Kabuki Reviews

670-5.Kakimoto-cho,Inokumadori Gojyo Kudaru, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

We stayed in a 6 bed dorm for 3 days. A girl who's very mean to everybody in that living area. There're two seperate buildings. We have to go out to other building to take a bath, and there's only one bathroom for all guests. Sometimes, we have to wait for long to take a bath. The walking distance from Kyoto station is not within 15 mins walk. It might take 30 mins even without taking luggages. The communal area is small.

Very friendly man but the room was to small and one tiny bathroom for so many peoples is not enough. the walls are far to thin,feels like in a dorm with wals.... But the place was spottlessly clean. to expencive for what it is

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Switzerland

Perfect, thank you for the stay.

The location is good. We found a good japanese atmosphere, but to use the shower from the 6 female bed dorm you have to go out on the street and enter from another door. The host was great and helped us a lot. I reccomend it.

• 12th Nov 2014

This is a beautiful modern Japanese style guest house. I stayed in the dorm and the whole place is very comfortable. The bed gave me a great nights rest and the facilities were very clean and gave that Japanese "feel" which one should experience when in Japan! The guesthouse host is a very kind man who strives to make your stay as comfortable as possible and is very accommodating and helps with suggestions for the city. The whole place has a lovely warm scent to it :)

Even though it is a bit far away from Kyoto Station, the transportation to sightseeing highlight is quite conveniences. Around the area, there are some good local restaurants too, I feel the hospitality very much.

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

The staff is very helpful. I stayed in a typical japanese room and it was great.

You can hear the snoring from the room of neibour,if your room is face road, you will hear the car pass though, and it is inconvenient due to the toilet is downstair.

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

The owner was extremely friendly and helpful. My stay was actually more comfortable in some ways (bedding) than at the Aki Grand in Hiroshima. The rooms are a cozy place to lay your head and keep your belongings, if you're expecting room to spread out, you'll be disappointed (at least in the unit I stayed in.) Summer time might be rough as there isn't climate control aside from a complimentary hand fan. I'd stay here again.

• 24th Oct 2014

A very good place for travellers. Cozy and convenient position.

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • China

Good central place to stay in Kyoto, not too far from the Shinkansen station and many of Kyoto's attractions. It offers bike for rental. The owner Harada is very helpful. A potential downside to consider is that you have to be home before the 1am curfew, that didn't bother us.

We have stayed at herer ai 3 days. Nice staff and nice house. We both satisfly of this house. The host is very friendly and feel free to answer any questions. We will come again if we go back to Kyoto next time.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Hong Kong

The location is very good between Kyoto station and downtown. Please keep in mind that to go downtown you will have to take a bus or rent a bike - by walking is too far away. The double room is very small with no cupboard to hang your stuff. If you are staying for more than a couple of days it becomes quite tight. There is only one shower for all guests and to go both to shower and toilet you'll have to go downstairs - was okay to me. The place is spotless clean. By 1 am you have to be home.

Mr Harada was an amazing host. He let me into my room at 8.00am as my bus arrived very early in the morning. He cooked dinner for me with beer and sake as a gift. He keeps the place spotlessly clean and is always on hand to help. I would totally recommend this place for a stay in Kyoto.

I stayed here for 3 nights and thought the place was fantastic. I arrived at 8 am and it was possible to get a shower get into my room at no extra charge. Mr Harada was a wonderful host who gave you lots of information not only about the GH but Kyoto. He invited me to have dinner in the communal area with beer and sake and there was no charge. You do have to walk downstairs to use the toilet and showers but on every occasion they were immaculately clean. 15 min walk from Kyoto main station.

Me and a friend stayed one night at Renjishi Kabuki. The location is ok, 15 minutes walk from Kyoto station but a bit far from downtown. The owner was very welcoming and showed us all the facilities, the dorm room is comfy, maybe a little on the small side but it is to be expected from a guest house in a traditional japanese house. There is no kitchen per say but a microwave and a table and chairs.

I loved staying here even though I was skeptical at first. The host is exceptionally kind and tries to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The place is not huge and space may be limited but you will be exploring Kyoto either way (almost all important busses depart from Kyoto station which is less than 20 minutes away). For staying over night and getting ready for the day this hostel was great (especially at this price). I definitely recommend it.

• 14th Aug 2014

It is 15 minutes walk from the station with heavy bags, and is easy to find if you have map. It is super clean, and the dorm has air con. There is no real communal area and no kitchen. I would happily stay again!

This is absolutely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. I was there a week and it was very comfortable, clean, and just home-like the entire time. The owner as well as the staff who was there when we first checked in were both very accommodating and welcoming. The location is great! You can rent a bike from the hostel for a day and do everything in Central and even the North / East areas if you're into biking. Highly recommend!

Very kind and helpful manager. I was concerned that the air condition in my room would be insufficient to sleep (this was in August), but it worked out very well. Traditional Japanese rooms was a great experience.