Guest House Renjishi Kabuki Reviews

670-5.Kakimoto-cho,Inokumadori Gojyo Kudaru, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

I had a great time here. I stayed for almost 1 week in the female dorms. The curtains for each bed enables some privacy and excellent sleeping. When you come to understand the bus network it is easy to travel from this guest house. The owner is really nice and makes you feel 'home'. Some downsides are: Only 1 shower Be back before 1pm (was ok for me) I would especially recommend this guest house for solo female travellers. Cheers from The Netherlands

• 20th Jul 2014

The staff was really helpful. Each room came with a folder with details of all the attractions in Kyoto and how to get there. The only shortcoming is that there is only one shower facility, and although there are two showerheads inside, and guests seldom use both at the same time.

The inn keeper was really nice. I stayed for only a night but he was very friendly and we spoke til late at night. We shared food even! He was very helpful with providing us with information. It is the best guesthouse I've ever been in. The bathrooms and rooms are clean. It is close to convenience stores and supermarkets. And public transport. The inn keeper also provided us with water.

Mr.??, the owner, is a really really nice guy. He tries to hep as much as he can and cares about everyone's trip. He even invited me to take a photo in front of the gate :) the place is not really hard to find but the only way to get around is to take a bus. Met a lot interesting girls in female dorm. Great experience.

Absolutely the nicest host I've ever met. The rooms were clean and air conditioned, with a small shared area upstairs for tea/fridge use. Rent bikes if you stay here (from the hostel or from kyoto station) as it is the best way to get around. Every time we left for the day he saw us off. Cannot stress enough how lovely he was. There are only 2 toilets and 1 shower, but it is very large, and there are only beds for around 10 or 12 guests, so it wasn't a problem.

The owner is a very nice gentleman who gives out his own hand made maps of the city and suggestions for sight seeing. You can also rent a bike from him which we found very convenient.

• 17th May 2014
  • Israel

Great place, owner was incredibly friendly even though I didn't speak much Japanese. The only downside was the location, it can be a little confusing if you aren't relying on a gps or cellphone. Overall very worth the money, I would recommend to anyone visiting Kyoto.

Great place! Excellent staff, highly recommend!

The owner from the hostel is so nice and kind full. He always tried to help and gave me tips where to go. I really liked to stay in this hostel. You feel really welcome and home :) The only thing is, that the shower is on the other side from the house and you have to go quick outside and use the other entrée. But you get used to it, so it was ok. I would definitely stay again there!! :) I met nice people and I enjoyed my time in Kyoto.

A feeling that you really are in Japan. The feeling we wanted to have. A place to feel at home in.

The GH is well placed (~500m until the Nijô castle and ~30min max until Gion). The boss is very kind, he always want to help and gives many advice. Japanese shower and toilet. Unfortunately, only one shower for everybody (so you have to wait). The GH is clean, the beds are very confortables, the rooms are really pleasant. The common room is in a japanese style. Locker would be a good idea.

The guy was super friendly. Its a small place, but very cozy.

It took us longer than 15 minutes to walk here. Once we arrived, the owner went out of his way to help us feel comfortable. Common areas are quaint but the rooms are spacious tatami rooms that are simply and beautifully kept.

• 24th Mar 2014

My boyfriend and I drove down to Kyoto from Fukushima and were expecting to have to pay for parking. It was a major concern for us.The owner saw that we had a car and cleared a space for us in front of the hostel and let us park there for free. It was so nice and considerate and saved us having to pay for parking! The hostel is a very nice place to stay that's on a quiet street. It's on the small side, but the showers are nice and clean and the staff was very friendly. I definitely recommend it!

Very good staff and friendly and clean environment. Will definitely come again!

• 19th Mar 2014