Guest House Renjishi Kabuki Reviews

670-5.Kakimoto-cho,Inokumadori Gojyo Kudaru, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Great stay at Kyoto! I'll come back next time! The guy there is so nice and he gave me a lot of useful information. The public bathroom near that near the hostel was great, i almost went there every night I would recommend this hostel to my friend.

I had a very pleasant experience at this place. The private room was small but very nice with a lovely view. The owner is very friendly and helpful. Although there's only one shower room, I didnt find it a big problem because I was using it at 730 in the morning.

• 27th Nov 2014

I was unlucky cause I met some really terrible roommates when I booked the female dorm for two days. They are rude and make the place very dirty and smelly. The staff is friendly though just bear in mind you might meet some very unreasonable roommates if you stay at the dorm. The private room is good though.

• 19th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

My family of 6 stayed for 2 nights while we visited Kyoto, The host was very friendly and tried his best to make our stay as pleasant as possible. The family room was lovely and clean. It was fully booked out during our stay so there was a bit of wait to use the bathroom and shower during peak hours. Apart from that we very much enjoyed out stay.

• 19th Nov 2014

We stayed in a 6 bed dorm for 3 days. A girl who's very mean to everybody in that living area. There're two seperate buildings. We have to go out to other building to take a bath, and there's only one bathroom for all guests. Sometimes, we have to wait for long to take a bath. The walking distance from Kyoto station is not within 15 mins walk. It might take 30 mins even without taking luggages. The communal area is small.

Very friendly man but the room was to small and one tiny bathroom for so many peoples is not enough. the walls are far to thin,feels like in a dorm with wals.... But the place was spottlessly clean. to expencive for what it is

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Switzerland

Perfect, thank you for the stay.

The location is good. We found a good japanese atmosphere, but to use the shower from the 6 female bed dorm you have to go out on the street and enter from another door. The host was great and helped us a lot. I reccomend it.

• 12th Nov 2014

This is a beautiful modern Japanese style guest house. I stayed in the dorm and the whole place is very comfortable. The bed gave me a great nights rest and the facilities were very clean and gave that Japanese "feel" which one should experience when in Japan! The guesthouse host is a very kind man who strives to make your stay as comfortable as possible and is very accommodating and helps with suggestions for the city. The whole place has a lovely warm scent to it :)

Even though it is a bit far away from Kyoto Station, the transportation to sightseeing highlight is quite conveniences. Around the area, there are some good local restaurants too, I feel the hospitality very much.

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

The staff is very helpful. I stayed in a typical japanese room and it was great.

You can hear the snoring from the room of neibour,if your room is face road, you will hear the car pass though, and it is inconvenient due to the toilet is downstair.

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

The owner was extremely friendly and helpful. My stay was actually more comfortable in some ways (bedding) than at the Aki Grand in Hiroshima. The rooms are a cozy place to lay your head and keep your belongings, if you're expecting room to spread out, you'll be disappointed (at least in the unit I stayed in.) Summer time might be rough as there isn't climate control aside from a complimentary hand fan. I'd stay here again.

• 24th Oct 2014

A very good place for travellers. Cozy and convenient position.

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • China

Good central place to stay in Kyoto, not too far from the Shinkansen station and many of Kyoto's attractions. It offers bike for rental. The owner Harada is very helpful. A potential downside to consider is that you have to be home before the 1am curfew, that didn't bother us.

We have stayed at herer ai 3 days. Nice staff and nice house. We both satisfly of this house. The host is very friendly and feel free to answer any questions. We will come again if we go back to Kyoto next time.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Hong Kong

The location is very good between Kyoto station and downtown. Please keep in mind that to go downtown you will have to take a bus or rent a bike - by walking is too far away. The double room is very small with no cupboard to hang your stuff. If you are staying for more than a couple of days it becomes quite tight. There is only one shower for all guests and to go both to shower and toilet you'll have to go downstairs - was okay to me. The place is spotless clean. By 1 am you have to be home.

Mr Harada was an amazing host. He let me into my room at 8.00am as my bus arrived very early in the morning. He cooked dinner for me with beer and sake as a gift. He keeps the place spotlessly clean and is always on hand to help. I would totally recommend this place for a stay in Kyoto.

I stayed here for 3 nights and thought the place was fantastic. I arrived at 8 am and it was possible to get a shower get into my room at no extra charge. Mr Harada was a wonderful host who gave you lots of information not only about the GH but Kyoto. He invited me to have dinner in the communal area with beer and sake and there was no charge. You do have to walk downstairs to use the toilet and showers but on every occasion they were immaculately clean. 15 min walk from Kyoto main station.

Me and a friend stayed one night at Renjishi Kabuki. The location is ok, 15 minutes walk from Kyoto station but a bit far from downtown. The owner was very welcoming and showed us all the facilities, the dorm room is comfy, maybe a little on the small side but it is to be expected from a guest house in a traditional japanese house. There is no kitchen per say but a microwave and a table and chairs.