Guest House Renjishi Kabuki Reviews

670-5.Kakimoto-cho,Inokumadori Gojyo Kudaru, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Nice stay. However, it takes15~20minutes to walk from Kyoto station. Thanks for google map. It's a little bit hard to find this place the first time. And if you live in female room like me, you will have to go to the neighbor to take a shower, but it just takes you a few seconds. although there's only one shower room, I have never waited for a shower, it seems the shower is available for me anytime. There is a bath house nearby,which is an awesome experience. And the owner is definitely a nice!

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Hong Kong

The hotel staff was great. When I am check-inning the hotel, it have a set of tourism guide for visiting around the hotel about food&beverage and transportation to station.

It's strange that Google Map showed that the hostel has closed its business !! In fact, the hostel is in good conditions. The staff is kind and helpful. They are also very considerate to prepare their own map/simple guidance for the guest in travelling and dinning. Very nice.

• 28th Nov 2015
  • Hong Kong

People are very nice in hostel. Just the location is not that close to Tokyo station.

the owner is very kind, friendly and helpful but the location quite distant from Kyoto station and there are a noise issue because of the thin walls

Everything is great except about location. The hostel is far from Gojo subway station (10-15 minute walk).

• 23rd Nov 2015
  • Thailand

nice staff and good hostel, perfect place to stay

Like most Japanese accommodation this place was hospitable, and the host was very lovely. I did have some reservations about only having one shower and 2/3 toilets for the whole place - but having said that, we were never waiting long (if at all) for the amenities. I also felt that we were all cramped in to a really tight living space. The walls were thin, and i could hear everyone in the rooms walking around upstairs. However, again, everyone was respectful - and this really wasnt an issue

• 21st Oct 2015

It's a really nice hostel, although located quite of a walk from Kyoto station. It's clean, but there's only one shower room. You can get there by bus, the owner is very friendly and you get a map of the surrounding areas when you check in.

I staid three days with a friends there and it was really perfect! The hostel is really clean, the owner is so nice. Three are a lot of bus around so the location is perfect and you can also rent bicycle for nothing. I really recon and it

• 12th Oct 2015

We stayed in this hostel for two nights and it was a pleasant experience. The owner was very kind and helpful in suggesting places around the area. He was very accommodating with allowing us to store our belongings as well. The room was clean and well kept and although it has a shared bathroom and one shower, we didn't run in to any problems with this. I would recommend this hostel to anyone looking to visit Kyoto on a budget.

I wish it would have said on the page what the full capacity was for the hostel. Reading what was available my group had thought there were only space for 8 people, yet when we got there we learned it was a full house so 16 people.... and one bathroom. Something I will make sure I ask next time.

• 9th Oct 2015

Very helpful owner, homely atmosphere and a clean place to stay in the centre of Kyoto. The facilities however are inadequate e.g. one shower for the entire hostel (16 people), table with 4 chairs in the kitchen, no lounge to hang around etc. You are not allowed to stay in during the day (not that we were desperate to, as there's so much to do in Kyoto, but we had an ill friend who still had to leave the room during the day). A balcony to hang the washing out was good. Small rooms.

Me and my mom stayed at this guest house for only a night, but we really enjoyed it! The owner was very welcoming and helpful. Our room and all the house were clean and cozy. It was my mother's first time in Japan and she was excited to stay in a traditional house. I will definitely recommend this place to my friends.

• 21st Sep 2015
  • Russia

I booked 5 nights in a dormity room for 3000¥ per night. Unfortunately I had to go out of the house (!) and then reentry through another door every time I wanted to wash my hands or take a shower. I'm glad there was a toilet in reach of my shared bedroom..

• 17th Sep 2015

A very friendly and helpful host. You will feel at peace when you stay over there.

• 4th Sep 2015
  • Singapore

We had a great stay in this guest house, our host was really welcoming and available for us. All facilities are very clean, confortable bed. Not too far from touristic places. I really recommend this house for a nice stay in Kyoto.

• 17th Aug 2015

home-feeling, nice service, clean, quiet at night. It's a small Japanese house with only one bath room. Waiting for shower is inevitable at night.