Guest House Renjishi Kabuki Reviews

670-5.Kakimoto-cho,Inokumadori Gojyo Kudaru, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Good location not too far from the station and easy to get the bus to all the sights. Super clean and friendly, you are made to feel at home. Only one shower but I think this is common in smaller guest houses in Japan. Would definitely come back.

• 13th May 2015

The place is a little tricky to find and the instructions given were not all that helpful. However in all the place was really clean and comfy, very decent and has a homey feeling to it too. Recommended to those who wants a taste of local Kyoto lifestyle. :)

I only gave it an average rating because the staff was very friendly,otherwise my score would not be so forgiving. While working on my computer at 2am I saw two (even felt one) cockroaches. Got up, turned on the light, they ran under the tatami mats. Brought this up to the staff; couldn't change rooms, because solid booking due to GoldenWeek. I was not allowed to cancel my remaining night/they would not even give me a refund for the remaining night. Left Kyoto a day early and sleep deprived.

• 2nd May 2015

Great time and very helpful host!

• 1st May 2015

Great place with incredibly nice staff who proved great recommendations. The only drawback is there only being one shower.

The host has prepared a hand drawn map illustrating some directions to/fro the hostel and the surrounding area with some attractions/food recommendation. He has also printed out some famous tourist locations and the directions to these places. His actions really made us felt welcomed! The stay was a good experience as the hostel is a traditional Japanese home (but furnished with beds). The only drawback is there is only a shower to share.

hard to locate the hostel. Clean hostel, has narrow and steep stairs but well maintained. Not favourable for families with young kids but alright with older kids. general facilities clean but lacking space for computer use and for drinking/eating facilities.

The host made me feel very welcome and the place was very clean. The only downside was that I had to leave the hostel to get from my room to the shower facilities.

• 31st Mar 2015

Located in central Kyoto, older style rooms. The double room with western bunks was cramped, but fairly comfortable. Helpful owner.

A nice, clean traditional guest house, within walking distance of central Kyoto. The owner is very helpful and friendly.

• 19th Mar 2015

Great hostel! Extremely clean and quiet. The western style beds are very comfortable. The host was very friendly and helpful; he even drew us maps of the area! The only con was that there was 11 bathroom for 5 rooms. When the rooms were full, there was a line for th shower.

The staff is very nice and kind and the place is very clean. Small space but good value for the money.

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

You have to walk quite abit to get to bus stops, but the location was pretty good. Accessible to most attractions in Kyoto. Cosy area, but it is a little difficult to find the place on GPS. My advice, type in Renjishi on your Google map. The place is much nicer than depicted on the photos! :)

Great stay at Kyoto! I'll come back next time! The guy there is so nice and he gave me a lot of useful information. The public bathroom near that near the hostel was great, i almost went there every night I would recommend this hostel to my friend.

I had a very pleasant experience at this place. The private room was small but very nice with a lovely view. The owner is very friendly and helpful. Although there's only one shower room, I didnt find it a big problem because I was using it at 730 in the morning.

• 27th Nov 2014