Guest House Yahata Reviews

544 Yahata-cho, Gojo-agaru, Nishinotoin, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto, Japan

Nice and clean. Good location. Nice big tatami rooms. Locks on the room doors weren't very inspiring.

Great owner/operator, very willing to be helpful and give advice. Bathrooms and kitchen were dirty -- please clean these more frequently. Loved the instructions and handouts. Besides cleanliness, great place to stay.

I had a wonderful stay at Yahata. Mr. and Mrs. Nagamura were extremely warm and helpful. Check-in was prompt and the facility is ready when I got there. I asked for recommendation to a Kaiseki dinner in the area and Mr.Nagamura even took the extra steps to help me to make reservation and ordered the food since the restaurant owners do not speak English. I am very happy with my stay at Yahata and I thank the owners for their hospitality.

Had a great stay at Yahata. Stayed as a couple in the Japanese style twin private room. Location close to both the station and to the metro to connect to the rest of the city. Cheap bike rental (500 for a day). Small (1 bathroom for hostel, small dorms and only a few floors) but for me this is a plus because it feels more home-like and less transient. Very attentive staff-- friendly and informative. Check in @ 3, option to leave luggage on the porch secured with a locked cable and key prior.

Yahata is a small, compact hostal. The location is great for going around and it is very close to the Kyoto station. The staff speaks excellent English and is very friendly. I liked my stay here and would happily come again.

Good hostel, located between Kyoto main station and Kyoto city center. Staff was very welcoming and helpful to visit the city, bike rental is super cheap for 500 yens per day. However, facilities are limited compared to other hostels we stayed and room price was higher for no specific reason (1 shower for the whole hostel, kitchen is very small, etc.)

security was fine but safety was rather compromised due to the fact that there was only one exit which is very far and hard to get to from the top floor. if there was a fire it would be certain death. The beds where uncomfortable and the shower took a while to use. owners where very nice and helpful though.

close to the kyoto station, very helpful staffs. however the road to the bed is like an adventure thro some really steady stairs and 3rd floor beds r basically built just below the roof, the bed was pretty comfortable tho. anyway, worthwhile to stay for one night, but wouldn't consider to stay there for a long period of time i guess..

The place is rather small, especially the common area and kitchen. The dorm in the attic has a very low ceiling, so it's only good for sleeping. Also, u can hear nearly everything in the guest house, so it's tough to get a good night's sleep with people moving around or talking. On a positive note, the owners are nice.

The staff were all very friendly, and happy to give lots of advice. There was no one there to meet us until 4pm, so we had to leave our bags in an unsecured area with only a bike lock to prevent theft. We really enjoy walking around and it was only 20 minutes from a few good areas, but if you are the type of person who balks at a 5 minute walk, you are in for some expensive taxi rides. The downstairs room was big. Do be warned, the stairs are a killer if you have big bags.

The owners and the staff are great, very helpful and kind. They helped me and my friend a lot not just to get around Kyoto but in Japan too. They know many interesting places people should go to and are willing to share their knowledge about Japan with anyone. A big advantage is that You feel like at home there. Cozy atmosphere. Liked it a LOT!!!

• 8th Apr 2013
  • Poland

Hello, Thank you for giving high rating to us. We also could enjoy days together. I appreciate that you accept our poor English. Yahata is your home, we will welcome your return anytime. See you again. Than you.

The hostel was excellent and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The location is good, as it is near a few sights and very close to numerous train stations

Hi! Dean! Thank you for giving high rating to us. We put your pics on FB. See you again. Thank you.

This was a nice hostel. The owner was really nice and I highly recommend it. There were many showers and free internet. The showers were really nice. The location was really good in the middle of kyoto city close to the subway stop. There was a grocery store nearby to get all kinds of fruits and such to make for breakfast.

Very comfortable place to stay, I would recommend it to anyone visiting Kyoto. The staff was very kind and helpful. If I visit Kyoto again, I would like to stay in this guesthouse again.

The owner was very nice and was able to keep the doors open after 9 pm as my train was delayed and arrived late to Kyoto.

This guesthouse is barely large enough for a small family, let alone a guesthouse. Everything about this place is tiny, tiny, tiny

On the fist sight it looks small, but it is a clean and nice hostel in a good location close to Kyoto Station. I also had to cancel some of the night and there were no problems at all!

• 20th Mar 2013

The owners and staff are very helpful and considerate. I would definitely stay there again next time I visit Kyoto. The rooms have heaters so we were definitely warm during your stay in February. They provide good suggestions as to where to go and when to go. While the kitchen and bathrooms are small, I find it delightfully cozy.

Least impressive guesthouse we've stayed in. The "Free WiFi" facility is misleading. It's Freespot public wifi which requires registration (and spam to your email) and is inconsistent, often not fully loading web pages. Shared areas are cramped, especially if the place is full. The lady owner was friendly but we felt uncomfortable chatting with other guests in the common area at night time - the owners literally sat right there and seem to place a real premium on peace and quiet. Weird vibes.

We had a very pleasent stay. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• 22nd Dec 2012