Guesthouse Argonauta Reviews

Rua Adelaide Ribeirete 14, Obidos, Portugal

It's cheap, super clean and hip, and the staff was awesome. You should stay here.

I loved staying here in Obidos. The hostel is in a perfect location, right in the heart of the gorgeous, quaint town. Breakfast is amazing and the staff are so kind, friendly and great at looking after you. I had a relaxing two days staying here, it felt like a home and I was so warmly welcomed. Thank you.

This hostel was less of a hostel and more of a bed and breakfast. And I say that with the opinion that bed and breakfasts are great. The lady who runs the place is very pleasant and helpful. The rooms looks out onto the tiled roofs and town wall of Obidos. And the sun comes pouring through the window in the morning. It is sublime. It's everything you want when you think of medieval towns. Oh and it's very clean.

The place feels really like home, very cosy and comfortable. Full access to kitchen facilities is always a plus. Overall very nice and relaxing experience.

What a wonderful host ! This is definitely not a hostel but HOME. The whole place is a big house full with treasures of art pieces and souvenirs from friends or past trips. As we came as a couple, Concha gave us the isolated corner of the dormitory, including a private balcony and separated from the rest of the room by a large curtain. The next morning, Concha cooked for us a delicious breakfast which she displayed on the big table where all guests came to sit at the same time.

• 23rd Aug 2015

A very good hostel with adorable persons! When you arrive there, you are not in a hostel but at home! And the breakfast was soooo good! If I come back in Obido one day, it will be there with no hesitation!

Concha la mejor ;-)

This hostel is run by Concha, the nicest staff I had in 10 months of travelling. She is organized, helpful and very friendly. My stay was really relaxing. Love having a shower with a beautiful view! Felt like being at home! And Obidos is such a lovely city, really worth The visit. Book this hostel! :)

I really enjoyed staying at Argonauta Guesthouse. The owner made me feel very welcome and the breakfast was especially tasty. Sure, it's not the typical hostel experience. It's something more. You will feel like you are at home at Argonauta Guesthouse.

One of my favorite hostels in my favorite location! Staying here felt more like and B&B rather than a hostel. The owner Concha is incredible with recommending local restuarants that are actually great rather than mentioning them because of a business connection with them. Concha cooks a great breakfast of eggs and bread in the morning and is so much fun to talk to if you get the chance- not great English, but she does speak Spanish and Portuguese well. Bedroom was great and quaint- recommended!

This isn't really a hostel, it's more of an inn in a woman's house. It's located just outside the main walls of Obidos, so it's easy to get into the main town. The room and bathroom was very nice. For breakfast, the owner makes fresh local poached eggs with home-grown Portuguese oregano, which is great!

View all Obidos Bed and Breakfasts