Guesthouse Barcelona Gotic Reviews

Avinyo, 42, Barcelona, Spain

great location lovely staff!

• 23rd Oct 2014

Evening was great value for money except the bed. We received 2 singles instead of a double which was OK. Only problem was that they were very small and very very noisy.

I loved their location and my room. There was only one bathroom per floor which I found inconvenient. I wanted to have my own food for breakfast but the lady at the reception prepared a table with their brekfast which you have to pay for. We solved the missunderstanding, tho. But she wanted me to put my stuff in the locker while I eat ewhich I did. Only later I found out it costs €2. I felt like she wanted to rip me off shamelessly.

We had a great time at the Guesthouse Barcelona Gotic. We arrived on Friday evening and left on Monday morning. The location is great and the staff was extremely corteous and helped us with information on nice places where to eat out and advice on how to get around the city. My friend wasn't well on the Saturday morning and the staff was very helpful and accommodating. I had some issues with the Internet connection, however my friend didn't so maybe it was a problem with my phone.

• 3rd Oct 2014

A very lovely place to stay and definitely exceeded my expectations for the money I've paid for it. Incredibly sweet woman working at the reception. Very helpful and pleasant to talk to.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Latvia

A hot september stay with no fan and few bathrooms to share but nice staff and very affordable breakfast. Location is perfect if you like the busy and narrow streets of the gotic quarter

FANTISTIC HOLIDAY! FANTASTIC HOSTEL AND STAFF! I had my own little room with balcony over the little street. which was perfect for me! Wonderful atmosphere. I had a Shared bathroom one each side of my room, never an issue with use. Breakfast available each morn for only €3. The staff were amazing especially Sophia and lali?(sorry cant remember how say name) the receptionists. Nothing too much trouble. As a lone traveler they really looked after me. Gush! Gush! I had the best time! B bac soon!!

FANTASTIC PLACE! Perfect location. Lovely room with balcony. Nice cheap breakfast to set u up till lunch. As much as u want. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff! Especially Sophia and the other lady receptionist who im sorry but i cant remember how to say here name. I was on my own and they really looked after me. BEST HOLIDAY EVER!! Will return next year. Thankyou for everything. Denise rm.102

Was surprised that we had our own private bathroom which was a bonus! The breakfast in a morning is a bit basic but very good value and sets you up for the day! Our room only had one window which looked onto a brick wall so it was fairly stuffy and hot but there were two fans provided which worked fine. All i would say is that there were only two plug sockets in the room, one in the bathroom and one near the ceiling that that TV plugged into. Overall a very pleasant stay!

• 7th Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Nice option if u are quick and lucky to get a room. Right at the centre. Rich breakfast for 3€. Almost as comfortable as a hotel!

Very good location and nice staff, we would stay there again.

Good location, in the heart of the gotic barrio, close to la Rambla, quite close to the sea.. the only negative point is that the street is noisy by night. The woman at the reception is very kind. One of the man not so much but still polite. The room are basic but clean and good size.

the shower could be better and the room that I stayed had only one socket that was in the bathroom, but the rest was great!

A bit old but i guess that's the spirit of living in Gothic region :) The staff was helpfull and we had a great stay. The location is really near La Rambla and it was kinda creepy at night (but you get used to - just have to ignore the strange people that want to offer you stuff at the street) :) We really enjoyed our stay and,looking back, the location was perfect!

Na plus ,blisko do centrum i atrakcji a także do metro. Obsługa całkiem miła ,lecz szczególnie panowie kiepsko z angielskim. Ciężko znaleźć ten hostel z powodu braku jakiegokolwiek szyldu z wysokości ulicy. Zdjęcia ,robią dużo lepsze wrażenie, niż jest naprawdę. Łóżko małżeńskie ,to dwa pojedyncze łóżka polowe na kółkach, cały czas rozjezdzajace się. Ogólnie tragedii nie ma , lecz nie wybrałbym tego hostelu po raz drugi na pobyt w parze. Raczej dla jednej osoby ,która tylko wraca tam pospać.

• 17th May 2014
  • Poland

Very central and good value for money, clean, with all necessary basics, warm comfortable but no luxury!! I booked an individual room with shared bathroom for one night stay, and would stay there again. Not really a family holiday type place, more a traveler, backpackers budget stay. But all round very good. And location is unbeatable!! Would recommend it to friends.

• 13th May 2014

The bathrooms leave a lot to be desired, a bit grim, really, and the pillows were so bad it would have been comical if we didnt have to sleep on them. The "computers" they advertise you have to pay by the minute for, which, from having stayed all over the world in tons of hostels, is really low.

View all Barcelona Bed and Breakfasts