Guesthouse Barcelona Gotic Reviews

Avinyo, 42, Barcelona, Spain

Excellent location!!! Very close to central streets, cafes, bars! Poor heating however and really bad bathroom smell.

The hostel is OK, location is great – the second street from la Rambla, but it is not marked and you can miss easily. The stuff is nice except from night receptionist that loves to talk VERY loud. Since the walls are almost paper thin, you can forget good night sleep (at least when he is working).

• 29th Jan 2015
  • Slovenia

The rooms on the street are quite loud, poor phonic isolation between the rooms, but great value for money in the heart of old Barcelona !

Rooms were a bit cold.and there was some noise through night.female staff we're excellent.male staff less so.

Great location, friendly staff, very nice hostel, the only thing could be better is breakfast, it should be including in the price. In general I would recommend this hostel ..

Don't even think twice. Barcelona Gotic has extremely friendly staff, clean rooms and a great location. I will not hesitate booking in there again or recommending to a friend, it's a no brainer for an inexpensive stay in Barcelona!

• 2nd Dec 2014

For us, the big downside was no kitchen (not even a kettle to boil water), and the wifi was okay but not great in our room. But the location is excellent, the staff was nice, and the room was okay.

Lovely place in the amazing Gothic Quarter! Not a party hostel, very quiet and safe. Average buffet breakfast of toast, a cereal or two, juice, coffee, packet crossiants for 3 euro extra. Lovely staff who are happy to help with recommendations for anything :)

• 29th Nov 2014

Great hostel. I recomend!

-Everything was great for the price! -Staff wasn't the most welcoming. Upon arriving, the man at the desk told us to wait 20 minutes for no reason, and proceeded to do nothing and just sat there. They do not have a local phone that guest could use which made calling places and communicating extremely unpleasant experience. -Internet was God awful in the rooms on the 3rd floor, unusable. -Otherwise, the rooms were the best hostel i have stayed in, with a great location!

• 21st Nov 2014

Excellent location and good value for money! The rooms are basic but clean. The shared bathroom could have been cleaned more often during the day and water was not very hot. Itravelled alone and felt safe, I would definitely recommend this hostel again. Make sure to bring ear plugs with you to sleep better, since Barcelona never sleeps!

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Malta

I booked this hostel for a quick weekend break with my boyfriend. The location couldn't have been more perfect, just a short 5 minute walk to La Rambles & the Metro, and it was situated in the lovely gothic roads. The staff were super friendly and extremely helpful, even recommending great local places to eat. I will definitely be returning next time as it is fantastic value for money.

• 14th Nov 2014

Really good place to stay! Recomend it!

great location lovely staff!

• 23rd Oct 2014

Good room for little money, very nice staff, clean bathroom. Great location near bars, shops, sights.

• 19th Oct 2014

Evening was great value for money except the bed. We received 2 singles instead of a double which was OK. Only problem was that they were very small and very very noisy.

I loved their location and my room. There was only one bathroom per floor which I found inconvenient. I wanted to have my own food for breakfast but the lady at the reception prepared a table with their brekfast which you have to pay for. We solved the missunderstanding, tho. But she wanted me to put my stuff in the locker while I eat ewhich I did. Only later I found out it costs €2. I felt like she wanted to rip me off shamelessly.

We had a great time at the Guesthouse Barcelona Gotic. We arrived on Friday evening and left on Monday morning. The location is great and the staff was extremely corteous and helped us with information on nice places where to eat out and advice on how to get around the city. My friend wasn't well on the Saturday morning and the staff was very helpful and accommodating. I had some issues with the Internet connection, however my friend didn't so maybe it was a problem with my phone.

• 3rd Oct 2014

A very lovely place to stay and definitely exceeded my expectations for the money I've paid for it. Incredibly sweet woman working at the reception. Very helpful and pleasant to talk to.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Latvia

A hot september stay with no fan and few bathrooms to share but nice staff and very affordable breakfast. Location is perfect if you like the busy and narrow streets of the gotic quarter

View all Barcelona Bed and Breakfasts