Guesthouse Barcelona Gotic Reviews

Avinyo, 42, Barcelona, Spain

fantastic small hotel !

Great place. Great host.

I was going to stay in a hostel but wanted my own room, this guesthouse was a perfect compromise and same price as shared dorm! I was given ensuite despite paying for shared bathroom so very happy. The decor is quirky and might not be everyone's taste but the room was cleaned thoroughly daily and bedding and furniture is modern. The breakfast was a bit lame- just refined sugars: cake, white bread and cereal (but only €3). Shame no activities or options to meet other guests. Overall very happy!

Friendly staff, very clean good value for the location

• 26th Jul 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Hostel/guesthouse was excellent (see review above). However, due to booking through the website was unable to pay the hostel on arrival using a credit/debit card - only cash accepted. I was informed that this policy is only instigated by Hostelworld for some reason.

• 22nd Jul 2015

This guest house is in a great location - right in the middle of the Gothic Quarter where's there's always something to do. The entrance is easy to miss but the staff are cheerful and helpful.

Amazing location, room was clean and even had a little balcony which was a nice touch. The staff were wonderful, the main gentleman at reception even letting me use his personal mobile to call to book a ferry. Only downside was the bathroom. The shower head didn't have a holder so we had to hold it the whole time which was annoying and the drain was slow to suck down water so by the end of the shower I was standing in ankle deep water.

Our first meeting with the hostel personell was rather disapointing. We did not know (or hear) that there was a buzzer at the door, so we just waited for someone to open. Then one of the reception ladies opened and was really upset with us... We tried to apologise but she just seemed having a bad day and/or attitude. Otherwise we had a great stay, it is a very basic hostel for a good price.

Nice place, with a lot of character. Not as comfortable as a modern chain hotel but you can't have that in the middle of barri gotic, not at that price anyway. Overall very happy with our stay. The lady who took care of us was very kind and helpful.

• 9th May 2015

A very nice place, located in ghotic quarter, near to a cheap supermarket. A good attention, a clean room!

• 7th May 2015
  • Chile

Check in was cumbersome and chaotic. Shouldn't have to pay tobuse the room safe. Rooms had dirty walls and bedspread. Shower was hand held only and drain did'nt work properly. The property and room didn't live up to the photos on the website. I am currently traveling around Europe and have stayed in much better places in this price bracket.

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Me and my boyfriend stayed there for a few nights and we really enjoyed our time there. The room was big, and we had our own bathroom and a balcony! There is a everyday room service. I didn't like the whole security system with the cameras. The staff was nice and helpful and most of them could speak several languages (e.g. spanish, english, german, catalan). It's located in the main tourist area, but still really cheap for what you get. We would come again!

Great location and very good value-for-money. Facilities are very clean. The two elderly ladies in the reception are really cute. Only drawback is that the walls are thin so that noise from the corridor penetrates in. I would come back again.

View all Barcelona Bed and Breakfasts