Guesthouse Bon

9.3
Superb 409 Total Reviews

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
22nd Jul 2017

Oh my goodness, please stay at Guesthouse Bon!! My husband and I have stayed at many places in Kyoto, but by far the owner of Bon was the nicest and most accomodating host we have ever had. Such a nice person. We arrived super early and he let us check in right away anyways. He also gave us some iced tea and a map, and helped us find some cool places to visit in the area and recommended good food. He was so knowledgeable about Kyoto and went out of his way to make our stay pleasant. Will return

• Scotland, Mixed Group, 18-24
17th May 2017

Tanaguchi-san is the loveliest host ever and will give you a list of local places to visit that are very close to the guesthouse. The house is small but very comfortable and the rooms are Japanese style. The neighborhood is very safe and quiet and has many amenities like small restaurants and quite a few sentos (public bathhouses) which I recommend. A little far from subway station (~1 km) but public bus can take you anywhere. Guesthouse Bon was so lovely and I can't wait to stay here again!

9th May 2017

Had an excellent 3 nights at Guesthouse Bon. Very clean, very friendly, and conveniently located to a bus stop and short walk to the subway! If you are looking for a quiet home like atmosphere, this is the place for you. I would definitely stay again if I return to Kyoto!

• USA, Male, 31-40
5th May 2017

This was a very nice stay. It was a little out the way of a lot of the main part of kyoto like Gion and the other shrines, but the Golden pavilion was near. Get a bus pass for 500 yen it will save you a ton of money. The owner was an extremely nice man, who guided us everywhere we needed to go. the bathrooms and showers are in the back yard but right outside of the door which wasn't bad for the weather of May I can see in the winter or very hot summer where that will be a uncomfortable

• Ireland, Female, 31-40
30th Apr 2017

I loved my stay at Guesthouse Bon! Taniguchi-san was the loveliest host - very friendly and welcoming. He looked after everything I needed - including providing an umbrella on a rainy day, full details on city attractions and routes, help with dinner preparation when I was sick, and just general great hosting. I would definitely recommend Guesthouse Bon, and would stay again if I was in Kyoto!

Thank you very much for your stay and very good review . I hope to see you again in future. I hope you are well and having good time. Best Regard Bon

26th Apr 2017

The owner is great. He speaks English and recommends good local restaurants that you would never find yourself. He also gives you a map and tells you the best way to get around town. It's like having a knowledgeable tour guide in the hotel. If you are interested in seeing the real Kyoto, then this is the place to stay.

• New Zealand, Mixed Group, 25-30
19th Apr 2017

We had a great time staying here - our host was wonderful and gave us wonderful tips and plans on how to best see Kyoto. He was kind enough to drive us to the rail station on our last day. Room was comfortable, location is close to shops, buses and walking distance to Kinkaku-Ji. Would definitely recommend

• Australia, Female, 41+
16th Apr 2017

2nd time stay. Great host full of advice and tips on how yo get around Kyoto. Quiet quaint close to transport and some of the best shrines and temples. Great place to see kyoto from.

15th Apr 2017

A extraordinary host who does everything he can to make your stay the best one possible. So very helpful in learning how to make the most of Kyoto. He recommended local restaurants that were some of best experiences, and drove us several times to the subway station.

14th Apr 2017

The hostel is cosy and very clean. The host is extremely caring (sometimes even a little bit too much ;-)). He knows everything about Kyoto and can give good tips. Because my father has problems with his back we even got one more matress. The hostel is located far north, but it is directly beside a beautiful temple and you can reach everything easily by bus or bike.