Guesthouse Bon Reviews

63-2 Kamimonzen-cho Murasakino Kita-ku Kyoto Japan, Kyoto, Japan

we loved our stay at this traditional Japanese guest house. it has everything you need and it is very homely and clean. the owner is lovely and gives very good travel information and went above and beyond for us. he also has bikes available to rent, wifi, a computer, laundry service, umbrellas etc. there is a local shop and restaurants near by and it is a great location. we have loved our stay here and highly recommend it!

Nice stay here. Stayed for a week and used it to explore Kyoto, Osaka and Nara. Rooms were big, enjoyed sleeping on a futon and tatami mats. Outdoor showers were nice in summer as it was so hot. Quiet location. About 40min to downtown Kyoto, but with the day bus pass, it wasn't an issue. Plenty of nearby supermarkets and shops.

Very kind personnel, they can optimize your plans what is the best visit in Kyoto, they are very helpful whatever you need. The rooms, bathrooms and toilets are clean. I very recommend this hostel.

This is my 7th trip to Japan, and I have stayed in a lot of different accommodation places in Kyoto so have had quite a variety of experiences. Guesthouse Bon is a wonderful guesthouse to stay in. I spent 8 nights there altogether and it was great. So good to sleep on tatami. The owner is very caring and helpful, and the place very clean and comfortable. It's so good that next time I'm going to be in Kyoto this is the place I'm going to see if I can book first. Immense thanks Taniguchi san :)

Guesthouse Bon was a great highlight of our recent trip throughout Japan. Mr Bon was an incredible host, who went well out of his way to orient us to the area, rent us bicycles, and ensure that we were sent on our way comfortably. This was one of my favorite hostels in all of Japan.

Very helpful staff, clean facilities

I can honestly say it was the best experience at a guesthouse in Japan. Located on a charming quiet side street, transport and shops close by. Authentic and affordable sushi restaurant run by a really friendly couple and their cat. Taniguchi-san was awesome, a kind and friendly host. I would return in a heart beat! PS. He is also a world class sushi chef who has retired after having worked in New York and parts of Australia. Perhaps you can convince him to give you lessons at a reasonable rate.

Very nice staff, very willing to help you with anything. Little far from the main station, but on the other hand its near the kinkaku garden and the house is very nice (if you want an old style house with tatami floor to sleep on).

I'll be back. 👍

I stayed at Guesthouse Bon for one night and it was great! The owner was very kind to me from the very beginning and helped me get around the tourist spots and near the guesthouse. You get to sleep in a room with tatami floor on a very comfortable futon. The only downside is that while there's a hot shower, there's no heating in the bathroom and the shops and restaurants around the guesthouse close early at least on the weekends, so plan ahead and enjoy your stay (:

• 28th Feb 2015

Mister Bon is a great host. He's so helpful and has a very good knowledge of Kyoto. Great place to stay. I would go back there anytime. A great place for a great genuine japanese experience

A wonderful place to stay if you are after a quiet and relaxing base to explore Kyoto from. Mr Bon is incredibly helpful, (he even drove us to the subway upon checkout). This is a small, cosy guesthouse with kitchen facilities, outdoor bathrooms and a comfortable common area. Great night sleep, pillows are amazing!

Great staff, very friendly and helpful. Room is clean and vintage japanese style. Price reasonable and place easy to be find.