Guesthouse Bon Reviews

63-2 Kamimonzen-cho Murasakino Kita-ku Kyoto Japan, Kyoto, Japan

Basic accommodation but everything you need under one roof. At first look the kitchen and washing facilities leave little to the imagination, but the hostel has so much charm and everything is maintained well. The owner is probably the nicest guy you will ever meet and is very knowledgeable on anything in kyoto. Overall for the price and service we received, well worth every penny spent. Would recommend to anyone passing through kyoto to give this place a go.

I was impressed by the hospitality of the owner of the place. Very nice place and neighborhoods. Not far from the Kinkakuji temple areas. Will definitely book this place again for my next time in Kyoto.

This was a. Great place to stay, quiet, very comfortable atmosphere and super super helpful hosts.

• 15th Jul 2014

This is a perfect hostel wif traditional japnese atmosphere, the nicest host we hv ever met! Tho it takes a little time to get the town but its still perfect!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

We had an amazing time at Bon!! Thanks to the owner, the atmosphere was very pleasant and we had a real taste of japanase culture. The owner was very nice and willing to help us to organise our tour. You can easily access to the guesthouse by bus but you are a little bit far from the subway (about 1km). However, the owner has bike available if you want to ride in the city! We really recommend this guest house!

Average Guesthouse, nothing exceptional but good for 1-2 nights

The Guesthouse is administrated by a nice guy, who could speak english very well, also spanish and german. Its like living in an old family house, very autentic and handmade furnitueres. The Guy is very helpful, has many useful tipps for the best food in town and nice sightseeing tours as well. You can rent a bike from him, he also sells cheap day tickets for the bus. All in all one of the best hostel in our japan trip!!

Bon Guesthouse was a bit off the beaten track and the directions provided were not entirely clear. Great location for visiting the temple. It took a long time to reach the place by bus from Kyoto Station. I had a single room located on the ground floor which was very noisy when there was any traffic passing. I only stayed one night so didn't use the guesthouse to it's full potential. The host was very helpful in directing you to local attractions and facilities, restaurants and onsen.

• 30th Apr 2014

This was a really excellent choice! In a nice neighborhood next to a temple, traditional home-like feeling and Mr. Bon is a host that goes out of his way to ensure you have a wonderful stay. This was an amazing experience.

Nice guesthouse with an authentic japanese atmosphere. Staff were very helpful, speak good english and met some interesting other guests. I did find it a little hard to find and the location is a bit far. That said; once you know where it is it's easy to get to and go on the subway or ride a bike. The subway is about ten minutes ( or less ) from the guesthouse, but it's a nice walk through an old neighborhood.

• 20th Apr 2014

Simple but great value. Very clean and Mr Bon was extremely helpful. Highly recommend.

Was a fantastic place to stay. Kazuo was incredibly helpful and added to my incredibly positive experience of Kyoto. I recommend Guesthouse Bon very highly

Our host was amazing...we were guided to the local public baths, restaurant and shops. We hired bikes and were expertly advised about the local area and given a great map to use. There is even a giant map drawn on the wall ! Also many guide books for the local area and ideas for activities. We were also driven to the train station on departure. Our host is also a guide and teacher and a lovely man.

Mr Bon is a perfect host, and helps you in many ways. We can see that he is really concern about your safety, and do anything he can to help you. Also, the athmosphere was very friendly. There is a nice common room where it is nice to meet other travelers.

• 26th Mar 2014

A great hostel with a relaxing atmosphere. The owner is very nice and helpful. He really enjoys giving you advice! The only aspect that some people may not like is the hostel is not central nor is it near the subway. So, you must walk a ways and then take the subway, or bus, in order to get into the city. However, the environment is great. It's in a quiet neighborhood which has a great feel to it. It's great if you want someplace to relax and enjoy Kyoto!

I enjoyed an amazing trip in Kyoto. The master, Mr. Taniguchi is very friendly. Not only do a free pick-up at Subway Station, but also helped me to get an discounted fare to Amanohashidate! He provided a lot of tourist information for me, and help me to plan a great route when I was still have no ideas on where should I go. The rooms are clean, even for the single private room it is quite spacious. The surrounding areas are traditional residential area so you can feel another side of Kyoto.

Although it was hard to find there since I was bit late, all other things there could've pay it all back. If there is some who would like to feel the real Kyoto life, I definitely recommends here. One thing to think of that is someone who aren't used to narrow place might have a slight trouble here. Plus, the staff there was one of the best I have ever seen. Nice, kind, english ability, and reasonable.

← Back to search results