• 63-2 Kamimonzen-cho Murasakino Kita-ku Kyoto Japan, Kyoto, Japan
Superb 334 Total Reviews
Superb 334 Total Reviews
Guesthouse Bon Located at 63-2 Kamimonzen-cho Murasakino Kita-ku Kyoto Japan, , Kyoto.
Japan
Kyoto Kyoto 603-8217 63-2 Kamimonzen-cho Murasakino Kita-ku Kyoto Japan
94% 334
35.0452945 135.7472929
    Rooms available

14th May 2016

I really loved this place! If you are looking for a more traditional living experience while in Kyoto, this is the place to go. It's in a wonderful residential area off the beaten path. The downside is that it's not the easiest to access, but not too hard. Also, Bon is probably one of the nicest hosts you'll ever meet. He was incredibly helpful to me, and he just lights up whenever he sees you. When I come back to Kyoto, this is where I will stay again.

• England, Couple, 25-30
29th Apr 2016

Really enjoyed our stay at Guesthouse Bon. It was cosy and welcoming, had all the facilities you need. Nice part of Kyoto to stay in (next to a complex of temples and Zen gardens, well worth a visit). Excellent price and the owner really went out of his way to make sure we knew exactly where to go, how to get around, best places to eat and that we were comfortable - which really made the visit unique.

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
22nd Apr 2016

We made a reservation in this Guesthouse really late, because it was not on our intial travel route. The stuff was very friendly and helpfull. He gives us many interesting sightseeing points and routes how to plan a day. We always could ask him for anything. The room was clean. The bath (toilets and shower) was also clean and outside. The style is a traditional japanese guesthouse. I would recommend this guesthouse again anytime and will come back, if i visit Kyoto again.

• Thailand, Female, 31-40
20th Apr 2016

If you want to live as japanist stye ,I highly recommen guesthouse bon.Good services and comfortable bed.But a bit far frome bus or train station.

• Australia, Female, 41+
18th Apr 2016

Great stay, clean, good hosts, great breakfast. Ñ Mk

• Belgium, Male, 41+
15th Apr 2016

Charming place, very helpful manager, all basics provided, great value for money. Location in a quiet neighborhood, easily accessed by bus, right near numerous spots of interest.

• Canada, Male, 25-30
11th Apr 2016

Excellent stay at the quaint and quiet guesthouse Bon. Mr.Bon is a fantastic guy and super helpful for planning you stay in Kyoto. He even drove us to the subway after and ordered us a meal at his favourite ramen shop across the street!

• Thailand, Female, 41+
23rd Mar 2016

I love to stay in the guest house very much. The owner was very nice and friendly. If I go to Kyoto next time I would like to stay in the Bon guest house again.

• Australia, Female, 41+
21st Mar 2016

I loved staying at Guesthouse Bon. My husband and I visited Japan in March and staying here helped us a lot as we felt as if we were a part of the owners family. The owner went above and beyond in getting us to the right destinations without spending too much money and the hostel was very accommodating as there is everything you need within reach. I would come back again the next time I'm in Japan and have recommended my friends to stay here. Stay here, you will love it!

• Germany, Female, 18-24
11th Mar 2016

Very cozy place, I had a fantastic stay! The host is extremely friendly and gave me many tips on places to go plus a great recommendation for a local restaurant. I loved that the place is truly Japanese, it made for a really nice atmosphere. The only minus that I see is the location, which is kind of far off. Then again, if you plan well this is also not a problem, since you may be at the other side of town, but some of the main sights (Kinkaku ji and Ryoan ji) are actually just right here.