• 63-2 Kamimonzen-cho Murasakino Kita-ku Kyoto Japan, Kyoto, Japan
9.3
Superb 343 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 343 Total Reviews
Guesthouse Bon Located at 63-2 Kamimonzen-cho Murasakino Kita-ku Kyoto Japan, , Kyoto.
Japan
Kyoto Kyoto 603-8217 63-2 Kamimonzen-cho Murasakino Kita-ku Kyoto Japan
93% 343
35.0452945 135.7472929
    Rooms available

16th Jun 2016

Very lovely guesthouse near the Golden Pavilion. The owner is very friendly. He even bought me sushi for dinner when I sprained my foot. Overall, a very peaceful stay.

4th Jun 2016

Nice place run by a super-friendly owner who also speaks English very well. Location is a bit away from the center, but since public transport connections are good this is not a huge problem (unless you want to get back several times during the day). It is a guesthouse with quite affordable rooms (even single rooms), a nice combination of an older house and sleeping arrangement without lacking modern amenities.

• Singapore, Male, 25-30
31st May 2016

Despite it being 100 years old, the guesthouse was well furnished and modern. The toilet was clean and hot water was available all the time. This place is also extremely close to Kinkakuji, Ryoenji and Arashiyama. During my stay, I rented bicycles from Mr Taniguchi for only 500 yen and was able to explore those attractions easily. Mr Taniguchi also showed us numerous cheap and delicious local eats around the area which I fully appreciated. 10/10 would recommend and come back again!!!

• Australia, Male, 41+
20th May 2016

Mr Taniguchi from GuestHouse-Bon, Kyoto, was very kind and helpful in regarding the sites around Kyoto. My wife and myself will recommend his hostel to our friends. Best Regards, Natalija and Djordje

• USA, Male, 25-30
18th May 2016

My girl friend and I spent two weeks traveling in Japan and our time at Guesthouse Bon was arguably our most enjoyable. It was very easy to find if you have google maps (apple maps works awful in Japan). Our host was very accommodating and walked us through how to easily travel around the city. The rooms are spartan but that was our expectation going in. The bed rolls were shockingly soft and comfortable.

• USA, Female, 41+
17th May 2016

I stayed at Bon guesthouse for six nights. The Host was available, spoke English well and was informative and gracious. It was located in a comfortable neighborhood, with a food market and restaurants, zen temples, shrines, and other walking spots just out the door. As an older woman, I had no qualms about being there alone. It was a 45 minute bus ride from the central part of town, but had bikes getting around faster.

14th May 2016

I really loved this place! If you are looking for a more traditional living experience while in Kyoto, this is the place to go. It's in a wonderful residential area off the beaten path. The downside is that it's not the easiest to access, but not too hard. Also, Bon is probably one of the nicest hosts you'll ever meet. He was incredibly helpful to me, and he just lights up whenever he sees you. When I come back to Kyoto, this is where I will stay again.

• England, Couple, 25-30
29th Apr 2016

Really enjoyed our stay at Guesthouse Bon. It was cosy and welcoming, had all the facilities you need. Nice part of Kyoto to stay in (next to a complex of temples and Zen gardens, well worth a visit). Excellent price and the owner really went out of his way to make sure we knew exactly where to go, how to get around, best places to eat and that we were comfortable - which really made the visit unique.

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
22nd Apr 2016

We made a reservation in this Guesthouse really late, because it was not on our intial travel route. The stuff was very friendly and helpfull. He gives us many interesting sightseeing points and routes how to plan a day. We always could ask him for anything. The room was clean. The bath (toilets and shower) was also clean and outside. The style is a traditional japanese guesthouse. I would recommend this guesthouse again anytime and will come back, if i visit Kyoto again.

• Thailand, Female, 31-40
20th Apr 2016

If you want to live as japanist stye ,I highly recommen guesthouse bon.Good services and comfortable bed.But a bit far frome bus or train station.