Guesthouse Bon Reviews

63-2 Kamimonzen-cho Murasakino Kita-ku Kyoto Japan, Kyoto, Japan

Was a fantastic place to stay. Kazuo was incredibly helpful and added to my incredibly positive experience of Kyoto. I recommend Guesthouse Bon very highly

• 12th Apr 2014

Mr Bon is a perfect host, and helps you in many ways. We can see that he is really concern about your safety, and do anything he can to help you. Also, the athmosphere was very friendly. There is a nice common room where it is nice to meet other travelers.

• 26th Mar 2014

A great hostel with a relaxing atmosphere. The owner is very nice and helpful. He really enjoys giving you advice! The only aspect that some people may not like is the hostel is not central nor is it near the subway. So, you must walk a ways and then take the subway, or bus, in order to get into the city. However, the environment is great. It's in a quiet neighborhood which has a great feel to it. It's great if you want someplace to relax and enjoy Kyoto!

I enjoyed an amazing trip in Kyoto. The master, Mr. Taniguchi is very friendly. Not only do a free pick-up at Subway Station, but also helped me to get an discounted fare to Amanohashidate! He provided a lot of tourist information for me, and help me to plan a great route when I was still have no ideas on where should I go. The rooms are clean, even for the single private room it is quite spacious. The surrounding areas are traditional residential area so you can feel another side of Kyoto.

Although it was hard to find there since I was bit late, all other things there could've pay it all back. If there is some who would like to feel the real Kyoto life, I definitely recommends here. One thing to think of that is someone who aren't used to narrow place might have a slight trouble here. Plus, the staff there was one of the best I have ever seen. Nice, kind, english ability, and reasonable.

Guesthouse Bon is a great hostel. The owner is very friendly and helpful. He gave us maps and helped us find where we wanted to go. We booked a three person room, but only had two people. It was spacious and the futons were so comfortable. You get a key to the room as well as the Guesthouse, so you can come and go as you please. The owner told us about the one day bus passes for 500en and that was an amazing money saver! We were able to travel all over Kyoto for 500en a day.

• 2nd Jan 2014

Perfect place for a perfect trip.

• 27th Dec 2013

The owner is one of the kindest persons ever! He gives you the best tips about places to visit and how to go there, provides you with the maps et every needed stuff. The kitchen is fully equiped et you can use it whenever you want. There is also a washing machine for the laundry for only 150 YEN.

We had such a great stay in Guesthouse Bon! The house is beatiful and the host is really friendly and helpful. We would come again.

Lovely little place. A looooooong trek from the station but worth it because you can easily bike it to the golden pavilion. Lovely owner!

Thank you, Bon Guesthouse, for a fabulous stay! The kind host picked me up at the subway station, gave me a full orientation to the neighborhood and bus system, and made sure I had everything I needed. Given the extremely low price, I expected simplicity--but the house (and shared bathrooms) were lovely and clean, and kitchen fully stocked. Quarters are close, but everyone was very quiet. A bit removed from city center, the neighborhood is quiet and close to some gorgeous temples. ありがとうございました!

• 30th Oct 2013

Really friendly and helpful owner. Nice location near interesting Daitokuji temple and also close to other major attractions like Kinkakuji and Roanji.

Located in the northern end of Kyoto city it is in a small side street surrounded by residential homes. If you like being around the locals when you travel rather then the tourist hordes I would choose this guest house. The owner (who's name I forgot.. oops) is friendly and very helpful. He knows the best public transport connections to get you from tourist site to tourist site to make sure you use your time the best. We considered this cheap accommodation for Kyoto. It has about 7-8 room. It