Guesthouse Bon Reviews

63-2 Kamimonzen-cho Murasakino Kita-ku Kyoto Japan, Kyoto, Japan

very nice owner, if i go there again, i will still choose this place.

Bon is a really friendly guy, we needed somewhere to stay at short notice and everything in Kyoto was booked out, so he allowed us to stay in a bedroom in his house. He was also helpful with directions and provided us with maps. Close enough to downtown that you can ride easily.

The location would have been fine if we were stain in Kyoto for a week, but if your doing a two-nighter this isn't the place to go, very annoying to get to - in terms of public transport. Otherwise the place was very cheap - booked with my brother for a private twin room. btw, the laundry nearby closes at 9pm - if your planning to use it. (fyi.)

I really enjoy my night in here. Staff is so helpful and kind. Surely i will visit and stay here again.

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Thailand

we loved our stay at this traditional Japanese guest house. it has everything you need and it is very homely and clean. the owner is lovely and gives very good travel information and went above and beyond for us. he also has bikes available to rent, wifi, a computer, laundry service, umbrellas etc. there is a local shop and restaurants near by and it is a great location. we have loved our stay here and highly recommend it!

Bon is the most helpful and super kind host I've ever met! We got a great trip in Kyoto even though the weather was not good. A lot of thanks to the staffs too!

Nice stay here. Stayed for a week and used it to explore Kyoto, Osaka and Nara. Rooms were big, enjoyed sleeping on a futon and tatami mats. Outdoor showers were nice in summer as it was so hot. Quiet location. About 40min to downtown Kyoto, but with the day bus pass, it wasn't an issue. Plenty of nearby supermarkets and shops.

Very kind personnel, they can optimize your plans what is the best visit in Kyoto, they are very helpful whatever you need. The rooms, bathrooms and toilets are clean. I very recommend this hostel.

This is my 7th trip to Japan, and I have stayed in a lot of different accommodation places in Kyoto so have had quite a variety of experiences. Guesthouse Bon is a wonderful guesthouse to stay in. I spent 8 nights there altogether and it was great. So good to sleep on tatami. The owner is very caring and helpful, and the place very clean and comfortable. It's so good that next time I'm going to be in Kyoto this is the place I'm going to see if I can book first. Immense thanks Taniguchi san :)

Guesthouse Bon was a great highlight of our recent trip throughout Japan. Mr Bon was an incredible host, who went well out of his way to orient us to the area, rent us bicycles, and ensure that we were sent on our way comfortably. This was one of my favorite hostels in all of Japan.

Very helpful staff, clean facilities

I can honestly say it was the best experience at a guesthouse in Japan. Located on a charming quiet side street, transport and shops close by. Authentic and affordable sushi restaurant run by a really friendly couple and their cat. Taniguchi-san was awesome, a kind and friendly host. I would return in a heart beat! PS. He is also a world class sushi chef who has retired after having worked in New York and parts of Australia. Perhaps you can convince him to give you lessons at a reasonable rate.

Very nice staff, very willing to help you with anything. Little far from the main station, but on the other hand its near the kinkaku garden and the house is very nice (if you want an old style house with tatami floor to sleep on).

I'll be back. 👍

I stayed at Guesthouse Bon for one night and it was great! The owner was very kind to me from the very beginning and helped me get around the tourist spots and near the guesthouse. You get to sleep in a room with tatami floor on a very comfortable futon. The only downside is that while there's a hot shower, there's no heating in the bathroom and the shops and restaurants around the guesthouse close early at least on the weekends, so plan ahead and enjoy your stay (:

• 28th Feb 2015