Guesthouse Caminoro Reviews

2F 3F 2-6-7 Nishimikuni,Yodogawa-ku, Osaka, Japan

Incredibly cozy place with no other problem than the floor being a cold because of the unfortunately cold weather! Staff was incredibly nice and helpful in advice for getting around Osaka and getting to know activities in the area! It has definitely been one of the best guest houses I have ever visited.

Very helpful staff. The CaminoRo family went over and beyond to make our stay in Osaka great. The facilities are spotlessly clean and very well organized. Everything is thought out to be user-friendly and practical during your stay. Hot water shower works perfectly well during the cold Osaka winter. The only instance where I would not recommend this hostel would be for those looking for proximity to night clubs and/or a party hostel atmosphere.

• 10th Jan 2016
  • Portugal

We had a fabulous time at the CaminoRo hostel in Osaka. It being our first time in Japan, we were so lucky and happy about the owner's efforts to welcome us, give us advice and make our stay as comfortable as possible. Both Koji and his wife are more than helpful and are the best hosts one could ask for. The rooms and all other areas were perfectly clean and hygienic. Besides that, we really loved the hostel for its family feel, due to its smaller size than other hostels! Highly recommendable!!

It was a bit hard to find the hostel but Mr. Uenoyama was very helpful, so we were relieved. The rooms are clean and the atmosphere was great. Very quiet, great for a good night's rest. We enjoyed it a lot and would definitely stay there again.

• 22nd Dec 2015
  • Serbia

The owners were quite friendly! The area is quite close to the airport so you can hear the airplanes overhead at night.

• 21st Dec 2015

Thank you very much for staying with us and your review. Did airplanes bother your sleep? We are sorry about that, but it is for domestic flights and the last one is about "20:30". The airport(Itami) is closed at night because it's near the city. You stayed in a private room which is usually for two persons. You paid the price for two persons to take the room. Maybe it's not the reason, but we apologize for that you didn't feel good about the price either. Thank you very much.

I stayed at Caminoro about 2 months ago, and returned for another 2 nights. Perfect as always!

the curtains for the female bathrooms can be designed in a more private way. a little bit ling walk to the nearest subway station. otherwise, everything was good: pricy, nice location (we LOVED that roofed shopping street), the canimoro family was very friendly and helpful (thanks to them, we took cheaper trains to nara and kyoto within reasonable time).

The location is very good, just 10 minutes walk to the nearest subway station, it's quite convenient to go everywhere in the city. Koji always provides some useful suggestion on my trip. It's recommended to live here if you come Osaka.

Guesthouse CaminoRo is located at a rather unusual spot but it is very homey inside. Also, I had the best takoyaki and ramen in this neighbourhood! I've witnessed Koji and his wife sincerely helping out other guests numerous times during my stay. The facility is clean and well organized. The hostel is not recommended if you are unable to walk up flights of stairs.

Had the best stay at Caminoro! The hostel is run by the loveliest couple who are so so kind and helpful! The location is really really good in a cute marketplace with lots of yummy food close by. Really quick and easy to access the more touristy areas of Osaka too! This is also the cleanest hostel I've stayed in! Highly recommend!

Hostel run by a super cute and nice family. Neighborhood has a lot of cool stores and restaurants but it's pretty far away from the night life. I would recommend this hostel.

This hostel was very nice, the family that run it were lovely people and were very helpful, locality was ok, was quite a quiet hostel so the atmosphere wasnt that vibrant. Overall 4/5 :)

• 1st Nov 2015

The cleanist most organised hostel ive ever stayed at. Run by a lovely young couple, so friendly and helpful. Cant fault this place other than the location. The more convenient train station is a 12 min walk, then 15 min train ride to get to the centre of town. on the plus side, you get to experience a more relaxed and "everyday" part of Osaka. Facilities A1, every detail has been considered. Thank you and well done!

I had an excellent time at caminoro. If you are looking for a non tourist area and experience, this would be the place to be. It is near to the scenic spots such as mino park and the expo park. The owners are very helpful and the place is spectacularly clean. If you are female, I think you would doubly appreciate the attention to detail given to women - the extra facilities in the shower etc. Highly recommended.

We stayed only for two nights but had a really great time in Osaka. The recommendations of the hostel owner were really good and we really enjoyed the trip to Minoo and to the ramen museum. he room was clea, the futon comfortable and the kitchen was well eqipped. Everything is well decribed and the directions how to get there and the cute maps we got at the hostel were very helpfull.

• 22nd Oct 2015

hi! Thank you for everything. I enjoyed stay with you. See you next time!

This guesthouse is running by a lovely family and the maximum capacity is about 12 people, which is good. The couple is very nice and friendly, the room was clean and quite, the location is in a non-touristy traditional roofed shopping street which does not have many tourists, the neighborhood is just Osaka local style, even a public bath just 1 min by walking, great to experience real Osaka.

I love this place. Clean, quite and convenient. Only complaint I have is probably the kitchen with no gas stove ;( but it really didn't matter much. I only needed a place to crash at night as I was busy during the daytime in Kobe, but I wish I had spend more time exploring the area the hostel was in (lots of interesting restaurants!)

Close to the Mikuni station, but about 15 walk to the subway, so if you take the subway, it would be about 40 minutes door to door to the tourist area (Namba). This is near a market, which is kinda cool. The place is very clean and easy to sleep. There is a very basic kitchen (no stove), but have kettle, microwave and toaster, etc. Owners are nice. Overall it was an enjoyable stay.

We enjoyed our stay at CaminoRo. The owners, Koji-san and Taeko-san, speak fluent english so there was never a lost-in-translation moment with them. I also appreciated the help Koji-san provided when I planned my solo-travel to Fukui Dinosaur Museum. The rooms are impeccably clean and each room have windows. The video embedded on their "Access" page was incredibly helpful in finding our way to the guesthouse. 3 showers and 2 toilets are separate and shared by 12 pax (full house) but spacious.