Guesthouse Caminoro Reviews

2F 3F 2-6-7 Nishimikuni,Yodogawa-ku, Osaka, Japan

Practically perfect. Koji was super-attentive and saved me lots of money by pointing out transport and sightseeing deals. The place is spotless. Washing machine, lockers, good wifi, kitchen, nearby supermarket and restaurants, etc. Met some great people. Main downside is the location. The most useful subway station for sightseeing (higashi mikuni) is a solid 15min walk away. Overall more than worth it though.

Thank you!

The staff is incredible. Everything is extremely organized and helpful.

• 6th Feb 2015

Super welcoming family atmosphere, clean and quiet, in a real cute arcade. (roofed street) Koji and his wife speak excellent English and were very helpful with tips about the area and Japan in general.

Koji was more helpful than any other hostel manager I have ever encountered, and exceeded all my expectations. Location was great, only takes 20-25 min max to reach shinshibashi/namba, umeda, castle osaka, etc - and being away from the tourist hotspot gives a good break, and the food is better/cheaper.

I love Guesthouse Caminoro very much. It is a family style hostel, wonderful, comfortable, and convenient...The owner's were exceptionally friendly and helpful...In the future, if I visit Osaka...I expect that to come stay hear again...Thanks for the sincere and considerate offer per customer.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • Thailand

Koji was a great host and was very knowledgeable about Osake and even Kobe (great restaurant recommendation). It is located outside the main tourist zone, which we liked as there are plenty of restaurants and bars locally. we had a really good time and would recommend to other travellers!

Very friendly and helpful staff, good advice on local food in the near area.

The small family run guesthouse has a really cozy feeling and the family are extremely welcoming and friendly! It is located slightly away from the central away but the quiet neighbourhood makes for a really good night's rest.

Koji was a great host. He waited up for us as our flight was delayed about 90 minutes. The location was perfect with great access to three stations -- one subway and two JR stations. Shin-Osaka was 15 mind away by foot and the subway was only 5 or so. The guesthouse was clean and modern. Internet was fast and showers were hot. We were in the traditional Japanese room and, though small, it was just fine for us. I appreciated most how helpful Koji was and the proximity to mass transit.

Thank you very much for the great review! It was really nice having you two here! Just for future guests, though. There aren't TWO JR stations around, the only one is Shin-Osaka Shinkansen sta. 3 stations are Mikuni(Hankyu), Higashi-mikuni(Subway) and Shin-Osaka(JR/Subway) The one you can reach in 5 min is Mikuni station on Hankyu! :) We are glad you took advantage of your Shin-Osaka and did even a day-trip to Hiroshima easy! Please enjoy the rest of your trip in Japan!

We love Guesthouse Caminoro very much. Thank you for your suggestions on the Kobe beef, it was excellent!

I had a great time at this hostel. I would definitely stay here again the next time I’m in Osaka. The location is perfect to get anywhere and it’s a 5 minute walk from the subway stations (both the private one and the JR one). It’s not in a touristy area so you get a really good feel of how the local Japanese people live day to day. There are great restaurants and stores that sell all kinds of Japanese snacks on the same block. But the best part of this guest house are the people. The owners, Ko

The man/wife duo that run this hostel are awesome and speak good english! It's on an arcade street with some interesting stuff nearby. However, to get to the 'heart' of Osaka (Amerika-Mura or Dotombori or even Umeda Station) it requires a metro ride. I only stayed one night, but the place was really clean, really nice, and the beds were super comfortable (Dorm). It's a good value for your money, especially if you don't want to party while you're there!!

Wonderful,comfortable, and convenient...I like the style of the hostel...The staff is very nice~There are many shops and supermakt besides the hostel. Thank you for your help.

it is a family style hostel, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is good as it located in the middle of shopping street, manage to get local snacks along the way whenever we want! There's train station nearby, traditional japanese public bath(great experience) and even karaoke! However it is inconvenient for travelers with big luggage as the entrance to the hostel is narrow staircase. I will definitely come back again! : D

This guesthouse was not in a touristic area which has positivies and negatives. The neighborhood was very safe and the place was very safe. The facility was old but the owers try to keep up and update the place , ex. separate shower for female was nice. On the other side, the bunkbed made so much noise every time someome moved around. Also, the walls were so thin that you can literally hear everything that's happening next room.Overall, this place gives cozy home feeling.

The owners were incredibly friendly, generous, and helpful, and they truly made me feel welcome - I can't say enough good things about them. The beds are comfy, the wifi is fast, there's a spacious kitchen and eating area, and although the women's showers are somewhat inconvenient, they're high quality facilities. The quiet neighborhood is lovely & convenient to the Hankyu train, a few stops from Osaka city center, just don't get caught out too late, it's an expensive taxi ride!

The guesthouse is located in a cool, local area, yet is situated close to a rail station, so it is easy to get around to the rest of the city. The owner's were exceptionally friendly and gave us all the info we needed to get the most out of our stay in Osaka. They even stayed up well past the check-in time to allow us to stay after a late flight, which was much appreciated.

To confirm what has been said here many times before: The hosts are incredibly friendly and helpful regarding what to see and do in Osaka, and how to get there. The rooms, especially the common living area, are nice and everything is well kept. The only drawback one might see is the location, which is a few subway stops away from Osaka's centers. To me though, the neighborhood – a lively and pleasant shopping street – even added to the hostel's charm. One of the nicest hostels I've ever been to!

Staff was very helpful. Koji really invites you into his house. The neighborhood is away from your typical tourist areas, but I appreciated it for a couple of reasons: it gives a nice view of Japanese markets and people outside of those busy areas and the shopping was cheap, good, and varied.