Guesthouse Caminoro Reviews

2F 3F 2-6-7 Nishimikuni,Yodogawa-ku, Osaka, Japan

I stayed the guesthouse for 2 night. the host is so hospitable .and he always make connection with me ...and give me the way to the guesthouse in detail. I see the hostess is so nice..the baby is kawai!!! this is the good experience!!!

• 8th Apr 2015
  • China

This Family is more than great! They are so kind, helpful, lovely and always there for good insider tips and recommendations! The accommodation self is value for the price and very clean! If I get the chance to come back once to Osaka I would go there again!

This is basically place where you can start exploring Japan. Easy to access. Can be a base to visit places like Kyoto, Kobe, Himeji, Nara. Incredible value for money. The man who runs this place is very kind and helpful. You acctually feel like you visiting friend. One of the best places we ever stayed.

We stayed at CaminoRo for only 1 night, to fit altered travel plans. Although our next accommodation was a 4-star hotel in Namba, we kind of wished we had stayed at CaminoRo the whole time! Koji is a wonderful, warm host, he gave us great recommendations for Osaka, and was a pleasure to chat with (he speaks English really well, and Spanish too!). The location is nice - not too touristy and there are good eateries nearby. The rooms are warm, AND you can control the heat (not a given in Japan!).

• 14th Mar 2015

The couple running the hostel are great - so friendly and kind. We arrived early, and they were more than happy to help us with our bags and let us leave them in the room. They gave us a map and detailed instructions on how to get to different sights. The hostel was clean, and very cozy! My flight wasn't until late in the evening the day I checked out, so they allowed me to leave my bags there all day while I explored the area some more. Only downside is the location - a little out of the way.

Great experience~!the only pity is that it is a bit far from the center and the station. But the staffs are very kind and hospitable :)

Practically perfect. Koji was super-attentive and saved me lots of money by pointing out transport and sightseeing deals. The place is spotless. Washing machine, lockers, good wifi, kitchen, nearby supermarket and restaurants, etc. Met some great people. Main downside is the location. The most useful subway station for sightseeing (higashi mikuni) is a solid 15min walk away. Overall more than worth it though.

Thank you!

The staff is incredible. Everything is extremely organized and helpful.

• 6th Feb 2015

I had a wonderful time staying here and would definitely go back! I especially liked the little map that you all had with the recommended restaurants and nearby stores!

Super welcoming family atmosphere, clean and quiet, in a real cute arcade. (roofed street) Koji and his wife speak excellent English and were very helpful with tips about the area and Japan in general.

Koji was more helpful than any other hostel manager I have ever encountered, and exceeded all my expectations. Location was great, only takes 20-25 min max to reach shinshibashi/namba, umeda, castle osaka, etc - and being away from the tourist hotspot gives a good break, and the food is better/cheaper.

I love Guesthouse Caminoro very much. It is a family style hostel, wonderful, comfortable, and convenient...The owner's were exceptionally friendly and helpful...In the future, if I visit Osaka...I expect that to come stay hear again...Thanks for the sincere and considerate offer per customer.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • Thailand

Koji was a great host and was very knowledgeable about Osake and even Kobe (great restaurant recommendation). It is located outside the main tourist zone, which we liked as there are plenty of restaurants and bars locally. we had a really good time and would recommend to other travellers!

Very friendly and helpful staff, good advice on local food in the near area.

The small family run guesthouse has a really cozy feeling and the family are extremely welcoming and friendly! It is located slightly away from the central away but the quiet neighbourhood makes for a really good night's rest.

Koji was a great host. He waited up for us as our flight was delayed about 90 minutes. The location was perfect with great access to three stations -- one subway and two JR stations. Shin-Osaka was 15 mind away by foot and the subway was only 5 or so. The guesthouse was clean and modern. Internet was fast and showers were hot. We were in the traditional Japanese room and, though small, it was just fine for us. I appreciated most how helpful Koji was and the proximity to mass transit.

Thank you very much for the great review! It was really nice having you two here! Just for future guests, though. There aren't TWO JR stations around, the only one is Shin-Osaka Shinkansen sta. 3 stations are Mikuni(Hankyu), Higashi-mikuni(Subway) and Shin-Osaka(JR/Subway) The one you can reach in 5 min is Mikuni station on Hankyu! :) We are glad you took advantage of your Shin-Osaka and did even a day-trip to Hiroshima easy! Please enjoy the rest of your trip in Japan!

We love Guesthouse Caminoro very much. Thank you for your suggestions on the Kobe beef, it was excellent!

I had a great time at this hostel. I would definitely stay here again the next time I’m in Osaka. The location is perfect to get anywhere and it’s a 5 minute walk from the subway stations (both the private one and the JR one). It’s not in a touristy area so you get a really good feel of how the local Japanese people live day to day. There are great restaurants and stores that sell all kinds of Japanese snacks on the same block. But the best part of this guest house are the people. The owners, Ko

The man/wife duo that run this hostel are awesome and speak good english! It's on an arcade street with some interesting stuff nearby. However, to get to the 'heart' of Osaka (Amerika-Mura or Dotombori or even Umeda Station) it requires a metro ride. I only stayed one night, but the place was really clean, really nice, and the beds were super comfortable (Dorm). It's a good value for your money, especially if you don't want to party while you're there!!