Guesthouse Caminoro Reviews

2F 3F 2-6-7 Nishimikuni,Yodogawa-ku, Osaka, Japan

アットホームで、ホッとするホステルです。 オーナー夫妻はすごく親切!手の行き届いたおもてなし精神に感激。 商店街は大阪の下町生活が分かり、日本人の私でも面白かったです! 大阪へ行く際はまた伺います!

Owners Koji and Taeko were so helpful and friendly and were always able to advise on places to go & the best way to get there. The guesthouse is lovely, very clean, quiet & has everything you would need. It was interesting to be in a more suburban location and see people going about their daily lives as opposed to being right in the city center amongst lots of tourists. There was a very close train station & one a little bit further away.

• 11th Mar 2014

Perfect little guest house. The owners are lovely and the Japanese style room was very comfortable. It's in a nice little neighbourhood with a great atmosphere. I'd definitely stay here again if I went back to Osaka!

Koji and Taeko, thank you! I appreciate how you spoke to me on a first name basis, and how you were both friendly and kind, but respectful of my personal space. I passed my test, by the way! For future guests: this hostel is clean and family-run. I viewed my time there as guest entering someone's well-kept home, rather than a customer entitled to being pampered. The hostel is shared by the family, so there are items off-limits to backpackers; I personally wasn't bothered by it at all.

Thank you very much for coming to our little place and this rewarding feedback! We are so glad to hear that you had good time here and also passed the exam! :) Congratulations! We hope your time in Japan goes well as it has been and the test result gives you more chances!! All the best, Koji & Taeko

The shower room was pretty cold but it's ok as there was a public bath within 1-minute walk distance.

Great hostel. Easy to find with the map provided. Also, it's easy to get to all tourist attracions in Osaka and around while enjoying the non-touristic area around hostel. Neighbourhood is fantastic so take some time to go to local cafe, restaurant - ask owners for reccomendations.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. Everything about Guesthouse Caminoro was perfect in everywhere. The hosts are so kind and ready to help. The hostel is clean, comfortable, and well-equipped. It is located in the suburbs so you can have a look at locals every day. It is very convenient to get to the city since the location is right next to a subway on the most populous line in Osaka and a train station with easy access to Kyoto.

I had a great time at CaminoRo. It was a great place to start in Japan. I really appreciated the help with getting the ticket for the Takarazuka Revue :D

It's really nice experience to stay here, staffs are really friendly and helpful. I love the location of the hostel where just in a local area, that it's easy to feel the local Japanese atmosphere.

Kind hosts

I instantly felt good in this cute little guesthouse: the owners are very nice (both helpful and happy to talk with their customers), the place is clean and nicely arranged, the room was comfortable. Charming area, only 15 minutes maximum from the "hot spots". There's nothing I can think about that wasn't nice about this place. Of course it's no party hostel, it's a quiet cosy place, and it was exactly what I needed when I went there. So thank you very much!

• 21st Dec 2013

I never stayed at a Hostel with such caring and amazing staff before!Koji and Taeko are really trying to make your time in Osaka the best for you and help you in a lot of different ways! The Hostel was extremely clean,well located and had a very friendly atmosphere.If you want to visit Osaka and are looking for a qutie,friendly and authentic place to stay, that´s the place to go!!

Friendly welcoming owners, helped organise our day. Lovely hot showers, nice to have separate female only bathroom. Nice personal style and design throughout.

We stayed in the Japanese-style tatami room and while on the smaller side, it was clean, comfortable and quiet. All the facilities were well-maintained and always spotlessly clean. The hosts are both lovely people and we found them to be extremely friendly and helpful. It's a little bit difficult to find it from the station initially but once you know your way around it's very convenient for sight-seeing around Osaka. Definitely recommended, I'll be back if I'm ever in Osaka again :)

My girlfriend and I truly enjoyed our stay at the hostel. It was in a very good location - surrounded with restaurants, small places to eat and grocery stores near by. The owners were very friendly and kind. They gave us so many good recommendations about the city as well as places to eat. They are well organized and give you good maps of the area. The guesthouse was spotless clean and very new and modern. Wonderful experience!

Thank you to Koji (owner) and wife for making our stay a memorable one. They are so friendly and helpful in providing lots of information that we need to know about Osaka. They speak very good English. So we didn't have any communication problem with them. Place is very clean and well maintained. They have almost everything you need as a traveller. Kind of them giving us free towels for first night. Very safe as we need passcode to enter from the entrance and female toilet. Worth the money.

Its very nice to stay in Caminoro (Shin-Osaka), We love this place and will book again for next osaka trip. Koji is very nice and helpful. Trust me.. book it. you will love this guesthouse.

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Taiwan

Friendly staff and very good location for shopping (umeda, shinsaibashi) and going to other parts of Japan like Kyoto and I would recommend anyone who is traveling alone or in small groups of 4. The best part is that it is quiet at night (no partying at night!) and you can rest assured a good night's rest after a tiring day of walk. Convenient stores like Lawson is just 5-10 mins away and u can also get cheap food after just stepping out of the hotel. Cleanliness is excellent as well. David

• 26th Oct 2013