Guesthouse Crazy Night Reviews

Ulica Kneza Obilaznica 19c, Novalja, Croatia

I think this hostel gets a hard time, it is not dirty at all! They cleaned the bathrooms all throughout the day. I was apprehensive about staying there, and it wasn't how I imagined at all. Sometimes the staff can be a little short, but there are some really lovely people that work there. I might be a little grumpy too if I spent all day cleaning up after really really drunk people! I would recommend this, the atmosphere is great if you are going to Zrce beach to rave and have a good time!

• 24th Aug 2013

This is a terrible place to stay. The staff have no clue about how to run a hostel and there are too many people crammed into small rooms. The facilities are awful - aircon doesn't work, showers were cold, beds uncomfortable and the place was dirty. I've stayed in many hostels and this is definitely one of the worst. The directions are misleading. Do not stay here.

• 13th Aug 2013
  • Wales

One of the worst hostels that I have ever been. In fact, it can not be called a hostel. Itis just a house that receives people. The bathroons and showers are terrible and always wet. Besides that, the worst part in the hottes roons in earth, they only have a small fan and the city is hot as a desert.

• 5th Aug 2013

there is a prolem of security because we don't have lockers in bedrooms and we don't have the key of the bedroom . the Only positiv point is that you can lock your very important case in the host bedroom .

• 4th Aug 2013

Good crew, but a very weak hostel in all aspects. An ar conditioner in each room and glasses surrounding the showers are like urgent measures that would turn the hostel into a much more confortable place.

• 3rd Aug 2013

It was really crazy time, but for me ... very good ;)

• 28th Jul 2013
  • Poland

hostel is nowhere near ready to be open. it does have potential to be good

To check and adjust the pressure and the temperature of the water system in the shower. To adjust the entrance of the parking because the high of the walking path could damage the cars. To repair the air conditioning system.

Wifi was really weak even inexistent, my dorms door didn't close and there was no cadenas so the only security was trust in other residents, and tap water was sometimes missing. But the hostel was under construction so it probably will be better next year and atmosphere was really good, this is very easy to meet people in the living room.

After travelling all day my friend and I looked forward to showering but there was no water in the showers. We were told this happens on an island (I live on an island, it never happens) so we had to walk to the beach in the dark to wash as there was no running water in the hostel! Then we entered the kitchen to make food and we were greeted by mouldy saucepans with dirty dishes. When my friend climbed up the (broken) stairs to the top bunk, the entire bed fell on top of us! Do not stay here!!!

• 24th Jul 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE. if I could I would rate it 0. Impossible to shower considering there is NO running water in the evening and even when there is there's no hot water. I ended up having to wash shampoo out of my hair with a water bottle. At one point the electricity cut out for a half hour. No ladders on bunkbeds no lockers, the doors to the rooms stay unlocked we didn't even get a key, the place isn't even finished. You'd be better off sleeping in a tent .

we didnt have keys for the room and even to get it in the hostel.. Also at the bathroom.. But it was a good place to chill and meet new friend as they have a good comun area and they always make some bbq.

• 19th Jul 2013

Shocking. Noise all night, drilling from 10am, dirty sheets, rubbish wifi, no locks on doors or lockers. Lied to about the state of the hostel and the location. Ridiculously overpriced. Left after one night after being booked in for six. Don't stay here.

Hostel not finished yet in july 2013. The worse hostel i've ever seen because of bad organization, place a bit far from the center, reception in the stairs, no kitchen, no common place on july 2013 except the corridor, no A/C... a big mess but when you are in navalja and meet nice people in the hostel that's okay. Some good points though, a terrace and barbecue at night. Book it if there is no other place free (like I did) and you'll have a good laugh about all the things to avoid in a hostel!

I would not recommend this hostel for woman travelling alone. This is for shure a party hostel. There is no kitchen accessible for hostel stayers. There are no places you can lock your valuables and no keys to the rooms. On the second night there was no more water for showers. Also this was the only hostel that charged me more than the amount due when booking with hostel world under pretenders that we did not pay taxes. Which wasn't an issue with all the other hostels in Croatia....

I can confirm the towels are too small. Dìana is a hero

• 15th Jul 2013

Disgusting. Booked this place as there was no where else left and ended up leaving after the first night rather than the 5 nights booked. The place is falling to pieces, reception is a joke, no wifi in the rooms, advertised a hot-tub (another lie). Dirty bed sheets upon arrival (saw some people checkout without their sheets being replaced), and no lockers or any locks on the doors which made security a massive issue. Noise all night into the early hours with drilling from 10am AVOID AT ALL COSTS

this hostel r shall i say crowed house was horrible. the two men who are in charge sleep in the sitting room every night and are very inappropriate e. g walking into our room while getting changed. We stayed there for 4nights and not once was our room cleaned r given fresh towels r sheets. We loved pag island it was amazing but this "guesthouse" put a damper on our stay .DO NOT GO TO THIS HOSTEL

• 11th Jul 2013

If you have a choice, don't stay here. If there is no other place available, well, it's a decent place to sleep, but that's about it. Here are all the things that were wrong with it: way overpriced for what you (don't get), bathrooms never cleaned, rarely toilet paper, no wifi in rooms. You have to sit downstairs and the creepy owner doesn't stop talking to you, the staff never knocked, kitchen sucked, atmosphere sucked, lied about proximity to town/beach. They won't be in business for long.

• 11th Jul 2013

Terrible , we got there , the adress did not exist on google maps , and on the map on the site they placed it in the center of novaljia , ITS THE FURTHEST ON THE OUTSKIRTS . So I got complaining and he told me it was not his fault , I should pay him all the cash and go complain to the hostelworld site ..There are 4 bathroom / toilets for 40 of us , plus they are always dirty . When I got there I could not settle in, Had to wait 3 h for them to build the Beds , they couldnt anticipate TAHT !!

View all Novalja Bed and Breakfasts