6.0
Good 83 Total Reviews
6.0
Good 83 Total Reviews
Guesthouse Egilsborg Located at verhoult 20, 101, Reykjavik.
Iceland
Reykjavik �verhoult 20, 101
60% 83
64.1408014 -21.9133687
    Rooms available

• Argentina, Male, 25-30
21st Sep 2016
3.1

The woman in the "reception" was so rude that I don't know where to start. She treated us like idiots and was extremely disrespectful. I have stayed in dorms before so I can live with the fact that beds are very close to each other and many dorms share one small bathroom. What I find unacceptable is how rude this person was and the price that you pay. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, as I have seen other places in the same price range and with a significant better quality.

• England, All Female Group, 31-40
14th Sep 2016

good location and has several supermarkets nearby. well located near main street the room was warm and comfortable. there was a communal area which has a toaster microwave and kettle so you could prepare basic food which was helpful as its very expensive in Reykjavik. the owners gave good information about Iceland and the area. we paid for an 8 bed dorm but were put in a 3 bed room which was nice. maybe i didnt read enough or perhaps wasn't clear enough that linen cost extra and city taxes.

31st May 2016
4.6

Horrible customer service, very rude about travel plans. They nickel and dime you for every single thing - wifi, bedding, leaving luggage at the hostel, not checking in during their narrow hours. Also, beware of the 7 DAY cancellation policy! I ended up being charged for a full night that I didn't even stay there.

• France, Male, 18-24
12th May 2016

The guest-house is around 20 minutes walking from the city center. The owners are very nice and accommodating people. Rooms were pretty basic but they do the job. The only shortcoming is the "kitchen" which basically boils down to a micro wave. Otherwise our stay was really great!