Guesthouse Mary Reviews

Mostarska 2b, Dubrovnik, Croatia

This is a great little guesthouse for the budget traveler. It's close to several good beaches and is close to a useful and easy to use bus route that takes you directly to the Old City. The rooms are clean and the facilities are adequate. I visited in September and so the heat wasn't an issue but I guess this might be worth considering in the summer as the rooms have fans but no air conditioning. The owners of the guesthouse were very friendly and helpful. I'd use this guesthouse again.

• 15th Sep 2013

I had a great welcoming from the family (which promptly confirmed my time of arrival by email). They presented me some delicious figs (from the tree in the garden). After they gave me a very good introduction to Dubrovnik and the areas nearby, and those which I should not miss according to my number of days there. The place is very quiet and has a nice view over the harbour. It's near the bus station but you'll have to climb up a bit in the hill on the return.

Love this place! Super welcoming family....fed us lots of figs and local homemade liquor! A bit out of the way for those who don't want to walk up a hill but good access by bus straight into the old town and a different area area to see too. Also helped us find somewhere to stay in our next destination, thank you so much! Definitely good, recommend staying; follow directions closely and you will get there no problem :)

Had a good stay. Very relaxing.

Located 4km from Old Town which is great for getting a local feel away from the tourist trap. Welcomed wonderfully on arrival with coffee, fruit and lots of local tips of where to go, drink, eat etc. Nice room, clean, decent sized balcony overlooking the harbour. Situated on main bus route to town and bus station. Price was fair and really enjoyed our stay. Would look to stay here again next time in Dubrovnik.

The family, Niksa and Nada in particular were very welcoming and even gave me some delicious figs... This family guest house is perfect for exploring the peninsula and is far enough away from the busy old town.

• 6th Aug 2013

Absolutely loved our stay in guest house Mary! We were greeted by nikas and he was so lovely and his beautiful mother brought us juice, cold water and fresh figs off their tree! The view com our room was completely stunning! Our apartment room was a nice change from hostels :)

the view at night is beautiful~ just a lil bit far from the city centre...

Thank you for a great accommodation!

• 23rd Jul 2013
  • Finland

The staff was very kind and helpuful. Nice beach nearby. Easy to get by bus or car. Totally recommend the place.

A very nice room, much better than a hotel. The bed was sufficiently comfortable, the water in the shower had sufficient pressure and was sufficiently hot. The room was lovely, the view from the balcony was gorgeous, and you have access to a shared fridge. Nearby buses leave every 10 minutes to go to the old city, and run until 2am, and you can walk to the beach (15-20 min). Would definitely recommend staying here.

View all Dubrovnik Bed and Breakfasts