Guesthouse Mary Reviews

Mostarska 2b, Dubrovnik, Croatia

A lovely place to stay in Dubrovnik! Very clean and a 2 minute walk to a bus that will take you anywhere you want to go. It is also a short walk to a beach area and lots of shops and restaurants. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again!

Nicky and his family were great. The hotel itself was very clean and nice and had a great view. You can arrange for them to pick you up from the airport for less than you would pay for a cab. Overall, I recommend staying here.

Great vibes, fabulous air conditioning, enjoyed our stay!

Thank you all for your hospitality and help for me, while I was staying there. I can recommend your's place everyone who need's a nice place to stay. Thanks!! Petri from Finland

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Finland

This place was amazing ! Mary who is the mother who owns it was delightful we arrived and she bought out figs and wine and juice for us ! He son was seriously and excellent host he was like a proper tour guide explaining everything and showing us where the cave bar was good restaurants etc. The room was clean and quiet with a wonderful view I highly recommend ! A bit of a walk to town, but the bus is cheap and takes 8 mins. Guesthouse Mary is near the beach and great restaurants! Stay here!

In relation to facilities it has what you pay for. But my room was nice and clean. The family who own the house make it worth the stay. Very nice people and they have their own Allotment. I've never eaten so many freshly picked figs! Bus stop is right outside and only 10 minutes to the old town. Fantastic view also!

• 25th Aug 2014

Guesthouse Mary is the perfect place if you want to spend your holiday in Dubrovnik! It is near to the bus stop,supermarket and the Lapad center! Mary and her sons are very kind with the hosts and the room was very clean! I suggest to everyone to stay in this wonderful guesthouse!

• 24th Aug 2014

We stayed at Guesthouse Mary during peak tourist season. It's in a perfect spot on a quiet peninsula of Dubrovnik, with a simple hop-on-hop-off bus to Old Town which means you can explore the city during the day and escape to relaxing beaches and quieter restaurants and cafes at night. Nick was an amazing host who went out of his way to make the trip as enjoyable as possible. Would definately return

• 15th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

We really enjoyed our stay, great to have a balcony to relax and enjoy the view in the evening, wonderful city!! Friendly family!

This is a great guesthouse. The hosts are very friendly & offer a lot of information about what to see & how to get about in Dubrovnik. The guesthouse offers value for money with close transport links. Bus No. 6 runs very close to the guesthouse & this is a direct route into the old town. The guesthouse is close to lapad beach. I would recommend you use this guesthouse as a great base when staying in Dubrovnik.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

I told you I would get in the review! Thanks again for everything. Everything was fantastic.

Niksa was very friendly and explained everything that we should know about the city. Room was very clean and has great view of the port. You can take the bus to get to anywhere you want so the location is ok. If I have chance to go to Dubrovnik again I would definitely stay there.

The owner and his mother were very kind with us. It's not a typical hostel but I noticed that in dubrovnik is very hard to find a normal hostel. It was very nice to stay in a place that made us feel like home. The rooms were clean and the private bathroom as well. It is a little bit far away from the old town but it is located in a very nice part of the city and it is very easy to get a bus to reach old town. I would definitely recommend it :)

The nearby beaches are very touristy and overcrowded. None of the main attractions are within walking distance, all require bus rides.

We were so well looked after by this family from day one. They emailed very specific details to help us find the guesthouse and greeted us with drinks and lots of recommendations. Rooms were clean and comfortable and the location was great being 2mins from the bus stop. Would definitely stay here again, 10min walk to restaurants and beach. Well worth money and such a kind family.

I really enjoyed my stay at Guesthouse Mary. The hosts were very friendly always smiling, willing to help and very informative. It was nice to sit down and chat with Nada and Niska. A very warm family atmosphere. Niska kindly offered my a Croatian beer, very kind so Thank you again. The property is ideally situated, although up a hill, the local bus service runs very frequently and stops just minutes away. A few minutes walk down the steps and everything is there. I definitely recommend.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Excellent place to stay, the staff is really nice, they help a lot with everything you need, once they even take us to the supermarket by car, the location is OK, there are beaches not fare from the hostel and to go to the old city there's a bus every ten minutes.

THE most friendly "staff" of any place we've stayed - they treat you more like friends. The personal touch of a B&B with the independence and autonomy of your own apartment. Very clean, exceptionally nice location (except being up a very large, quite steep hill), great facilities and overall a very pleasant place to stay.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The owners were lovely and really helpful and there was always someone on hand to help us at any point in the day. picking us up from the bus station was a massive bonus as we were absolutely shattered when we arrived, the room was lovely and clean with our own balcony and the ac was so good! Just a lovely atmosphere and really close to restraunts and bars and only 15 minutes on a bus to the old town which was every 10 minutes, brilliant

• 5th Jul 2014

The family were very welcoming, and made my stay a great pleasure. They will help anyway they can to make your stay as good as possible. I thought hospitality of this quality was a thing of the past, pleased to see it isn't. thanks to all at Guest House Mary.

• 25th Jun 2014