Guesthouse Mary Reviews

Mostarska 2b, Dubrovnik, Croatia

I really enjoyed my stay at Guesthouse Mary. The hosts were very friendly always smiling, willing to help and very informative. It was nice to sit down and chat with Nada and Niska. A very warm family atmosphere. Niska kindly offered my a Croatian beer, very kind so Thank you again. The property is ideally situated, although up a hill, the local bus service runs very frequently and stops just minutes away. A few minutes walk down the steps and everything is there. I definitely recommend.

• 22nd Jul 2014

THE most friendly "staff" of any place we've stayed - they treat you more like friends. The personal touch of a B&B with the independence and autonomy of your own apartment. Very clean, exceptionally nice location (except being up a very large, quite steep hill), great facilities and overall a very pleasant place to stay.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The owners were lovely and really helpful and there was always someone on hand to help us at any point in the day. picking us up from the bus station was a massive bonus as we were absolutely shattered when we arrived, the room was lovely and clean with our own balcony and the ac was so good! Just a lovely atmosphere and really close to restraunts and bars and only 15 minutes on a bus to the old town which was every 10 minutes, brilliant

• 5th Jul 2014

Really nice place to stay, nice tidy room with an amazing view from the balcony, we were given all the info we needed and even got picked up from the airport, the owners were very friendly and helpful

This is a great little guesthouse for the budget traveler. It's close to several good beaches and is close to a useful and easy to use bus route that takes you directly to the Old City. The rooms are clean and the facilities are adequate. I visited in September and so the heat wasn't an issue but I guess this might be worth considering in the summer as the rooms have fans but no air conditioning. The owners of the guesthouse were very friendly and helpful. I'd use this guesthouse again.

• 15th Sep 2013

I had a great welcoming from the family (which promptly confirmed my time of arrival by email). They presented me some delicious figs (from the tree in the garden). After they gave me a very good introduction to Dubrovnik and the areas nearby, and those which I should not miss according to my number of days there. The place is very quiet and has a nice view over the harbour. It's near the bus station but you'll have to climb up a bit in the hill on the return.

Love this place! Super welcoming family....fed us lots of figs and local homemade liquor! A bit out of the way for those who don't want to walk up a hill but good access by bus straight into the old town and a different area area to see too. Also helped us find somewhere to stay in our next destination, thank you so much! Definitely good, recommend staying; follow directions closely and you will get there no problem :)

Had a good stay. Very relaxing.

Located 4km from Old Town which is great for getting a local feel away from the tourist trap. Welcomed wonderfully on arrival with coffee, fruit and lots of local tips of where to go, drink, eat etc. Nice room, clean, decent sized balcony overlooking the harbour. Situated on main bus route to town and bus station. Price was fair and really enjoyed our stay. Would look to stay here again next time in Dubrovnik.

The family, Niksa and Nada in particular were very welcoming and even gave me some delicious figs... This family guest house is perfect for exploring the peninsula and is far enough away from the busy old town.

• 6th Aug 2013

Absolutely loved our stay in guest house Mary! We were greeted by nikas and he was so lovely and his beautiful mother brought us juice, cold water and fresh figs off their tree! The view com our room was completely stunning! Our apartment room was a nice change from hostels :)

the view at night is beautiful~ just a lil bit far from the city centre...

Thank you for a great accommodation!

• 23rd Jul 2013
  • Finland

The staff was very kind and helpuful. Nice beach nearby. Easy to get by bus or car. Totally recommend the place.

A very nice room, much better than a hotel. The bed was sufficiently comfortable, the water in the shower had sufficient pressure and was sufficiently hot. The room was lovely, the view from the balcony was gorgeous, and you have access to a shared fridge. Nearby buses leave every 10 minutes to go to the old city, and run until 2am, and you can walk to the beach (15-20 min). Would definitely recommend staying here.

The location its no so bad, 45 min walking to the old town,but 15 min wih the bus. The most of the hostels are far away from the old town, there is very expensive, so with the bus its ok! Bus stop very near from the Hostel. Big room, nice Bathroom and the best is the balcon with an excelent view!!! Wifi not works in the room, no kitchen and no breakfast.

My husband and I throughly enjoyed our stay at the 'guesthouse Mary', we found it a very clean and had a comfortable stay. We were welcomed extremely well and given a quick tour by map of the local area and its facilities. The guesthouse is close to the local bus stop which takes you directly into the 'old town' and runs every 15minutes; very handy! I would recommend this guesthouse as a place to stay while visiting Dubrovnik. The hosts mother maintains a perfect garden & grows the best figs..!

• 18th Aug 2012

They speak great english. Everyone is really lovely. stayed there for three nights, travelling in a couple. Big room, with kitchen and a balcony with amazing view. One friend of us came to city without reservation and they arranged a room fast. Great value for money. Only point is that our room was really high and the wifi didnt work well, sometimes worked, sometimes didnt. Highly recommended.

We were very happy with the choice, to spent our time in Guesthouse Mary in Dubrovnik. We had problems with our luggages at the airport and arrived 3 hours later than expected, but the airport pick up, organised by the hostel-owner, waited for us. The rooms were clean and we had a nice view on the port of Dubrovnik. We used our kitchen every day and had a wonderful time. I can really recommend this guesthouse! Lapad-island is also a beautiful place to be and offers all needed shopping-options.

• 21st Jul 2012

Up on the hill of Bobin Kuk. Hence a little hard to reach - but a good place with friendly family

« first « Prev 1 2 3