Guesthouse Nara Backpackers Reviews

31 Yurugi-cho, Nara, Japan

One of my best hostel experiences. Staff was extraordinary friendly and helpful! If the owner is reading this, please give him a pat on the back lol

• 18th Aug 2015
  • China

Very nice hostel, quite close to the center. Wonderful living room with garden view. Spacious Japanese-style rooms.

Stay was extremely pleasant. Ryu was a delight.

Really nice traditional place. Staff were also really awesome and incredibly helpful. If you are staying in Nara, this is the place to stay!

Great old house and had everything we needed for a couple of days in Nara.

Staff were amazing!

Maybe not the most comfortable place as it is very old, but the atmosphere of the traditional house is great.

The old style of the house really is the best part about this hostel and the staff was awesome

Located very close to the sights, but it's a fair walk from the JR station. Staff were friendly. The traditional old house was quite atmospheric, with a lovely central garden.

we rented three bikes but one did not work. it will be nice to have a better equipped bikes and more than three would be much better!

Very friendly, helpful staff. Not much room to move in the female dorm.

WiFi was not available in my bed. 23:00 closing of common room is a bit early

• 21st Jun 2015

It was really cool to stay in such an old house and with such a pretty garden. Very friendly staff. And the beds are so comfy! While I was there at least there weren't many people hanging around the hostel so it was pretty quiet. Also it's a little far from the JR station.

I stayed in the female dorm - it was quite cramped, but pretty good for the price. The staff at the hostel are really friendly.

Enhancement to wash facilities is suggested. Provision of books on ancient temples are very good references before visits. A very nice hostel on the whole.

This place was good. It was quiet and the staff were helpful but they were often hiding in the little room out the back. The shared common areas are very quiet as most people stayed in their rooms.

Hostel is a 15 minutes walk away from Kintetsunara station. Location is a distance away from the town area so do have your dinner before heading back. I had a great stay.

I loved this little homely and very tradition hostel. My stay was so enjoyable and felt like staying in a Japanese home. Great facilities, with my only slightly negative comment to be the noise that filters through the place, as you would expect with a Japanese house of paper walls, for me this added to the character, but one needs ear plugs to sleep. Also, the only toilets are downstairs if you are in an upstairs dorm, so a long walk down steep stairs is required during the night!

Great atmosphere. Small and cosy, authentic Japanese experience. very good staff. highly recommended.

When I booked my room I thought there were only 3 private rooms and that I was getting one of the larger two and therefore overlooking the garden, as I had seen 2 rooms one leading onto garden and one upstairs with balcony overlooking garden, plus a smaller room with no garden view. As it turned out, there are 5 rooms and the amount I had paid was for a medium-sized room so I missed out on the garden as the 2 large rooms got it . Photos of the rooms alongside booking details would be useful!

• 19th Apr 2015