Guesthouse Nara Backpackers Reviews

31 Yurugi-cho, Nara, Japan

Wonderful experience! We will definitely stay in Nara Backpackers again.

親切にしてくれてありがとうございました!^^

• 23rd Nov 2014
  • South Korea

GREAT hostel, a one hundred years old house with traditional style. A fantastic experience if you want to try that but still don't want to pay too much. Has good heating in the winter which was very appreciated, and is located a couple of minutes from everything there is to see in Nara. If I'm ever going back to Nara I would definitely stay here again!

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

The best hostel ever with very friendly staff and great atmosphere! Definitely recommend!

• 31st Oct 2014

Very good environment, the staffs are nice and warm you as in a home =)

Great atmosphere and style, and staff were very helpful and friendly. The kitchen was well equipped but the fridge a bit full. Hairdryers and tea and coffee, free wi-fi and books provided. We stayed in the private double room which was very large for Japan. The walls are thin and in need of some repairs but that's part of the atmosphere of the old, very charming house.

• 10th Oct 2014

It's a bit too small for 4 of us in a room but overall, we had a nice time. Everything is so clean and the staff are really helpful and friendly. This place is pleasantly old fashioned and it felt really nice and cosy. It's in a convenient location - not far from public transport + quiet at the same time.

Nara Backpacker is a lovely guesthouse. I love everything about it. Each staff, each plant, even the toilet, LOL. The owner obviously put a lot consideration into it, and makes it a very traditional Japanese style house. The staff there are more than helpful. Their smiles make you feel home. I will definitely recommend it to my friends and will visit there again when I have the chance.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • China

This is the nicest place I stayed in Japan. It is a super relaxing place without being too boring. The common room is nice to hangout and the kitchen is well equipped. My highlight was the super helpful lady that works there. She was a great help and pointed me all the good spots in Nara. Dorms have AC and bathrooms are clean. Showers are shared, but I never had to wait. Location is a bit off the JR, but very close to the good stuff in Nara. If in Nara, I'm definitely going back there. Must go.

A little far from the JR station, but this means you are near to the park and Great Buddha. Really atmospheric old teahouse for a traditional Japanese stay.

We liked the place, we enjoyed our stay!

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Spain

I had a wonderful stay here, the staff were super friendly and helpful. It's a beautiful house in a good location, if I go back to Nara this will be my first choice.

I love the decoration, the garden, the staff, the location. Everything is perfect. The 1st choice to stay in Nara in my mind

Perfect, staff so kind and nice place

• 11th Aug 2014

Beautiful hostel, inside an old wooden villa, everything feels very Japanese! Clean rooms and very welcoming staff. It's not a party hostel but that's in line with the city itself, definitely fits the peaceful context.

Had such a great time!

I loved this hostel! The house is a completely traditional Japanese building, not a modern cement building remodeled to look somewhat traditional, like some. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Our room had a porch opening onto the garden, really beautiful. And the price and location could not possibly be better. The only downside of an old, traditional building is that there's no air conditioning, but even in hot humid weather, it was OK with the electric fan they supplied.

This is a traditional Japanese Guest House in a building over 100years old. The staff is super friendly.

Wonderful staff and a beautiful, old Japanese house (100 years old). A charming experience in Nara, but not equipped with 'modern comforts' and they're very serious about keeping noise down late at night. The bedroom was a bit too hot and the top bunks get a lot of light from the overhead lamp; make sure you talk to the staff about temperature if needed.

Okay so I stayed there one night only. 1.Locations- not so good.If you are looking for a place close to city centre to go for a night fun and want to come back alone- very difficult. around 10/15 minutes to bus station which bus takes you to JR Nara -around 30 minutes on foot. Guesthouse was located in small road.style was okay but bed-very low and small.checking in -10 pm...most shares houses/hostels have a 11 pm. Shower and etc okay.staff superb:)