Guesthouse Nara Backpackers Reviews

31 Yurugi-cho, Nara, Japan

Very good environment, the staffs are nice and warm you as in a home =)

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Hong Kong

Great atmosphere and style, and staff were very helpful and friendly. The kitchen was well equipped but the fridge a bit full. Hairdryers and tea and coffee, free wi-fi and books provided. We stayed in the private double room which was very large for Japan. The walls are thin and in need of some repairs but that's part of the atmosphere of the old, very charming house.

• 10th Oct 2014

It's a bit too small for 4 of us in a room but overall, we had a nice time. Everything is so clean and the staff are really helpful and friendly. This place is pleasantly old fashioned and it felt really nice and cosy. It's in a convenient location - not far from public transport + quiet at the same time.

Nara Backpacker is a lovely guesthouse. I love everything about it. Each staff, each plant, even the toilet, LOL. The owner obviously put a lot consideration into it, and makes it a very traditional Japanese style house. The staff there are more than helpful. Their smiles make you feel home. I will definitely recommend it to my friends and will visit there again when I have the chance.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • China

This is the nicest place I stayed in Japan. It is a super relaxing place without being too boring. The common room is nice to hangout and the kitchen is well equipped. My highlight was the super helpful lady that works there. She was a great help and pointed me all the good spots in Nara. Dorms have AC and bathrooms are clean. Showers are shared, but I never had to wait. Location is a bit off the JR, but very close to the good stuff in Nara. If in Nara, I'm definitely going back there. Must go.

A little far from the JR station, but this means you are near to the park and Great Buddha. Really atmospheric old teahouse for a traditional Japanese stay.

We liked the place, we enjoyed our stay!

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Spain

I had a wonderful stay here, the staff were super friendly and helpful. It's a beautiful house in a good location, if I go back to Nara this will be my first choice.

I love the decoration, the garden, the staff, the location. Everything is perfect. The 1st choice to stay in Nara in my mind

Perfect, staff so kind and nice place

• 11th Aug 2014

Beautiful hostel, inside an old wooden villa, everything feels very Japanese! Clean rooms and very welcoming staff. It's not a party hostel but that's in line with the city itself, definitely fits the peaceful context.

Had such a great time!

I loved this hostel! The house is a completely traditional Japanese building, not a modern cement building remodeled to look somewhat traditional, like some. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Our room had a porch opening onto the garden, really beautiful. And the price and location could not possibly be better. The only downside of an old, traditional building is that there's no air conditioning, but even in hot humid weather, it was OK with the electric fan they supplied.

This is a traditional Japanese Guest House in a building over 100years old. The staff is super friendly.

Wonderful staff and a beautiful, old Japanese house (100 years old). A charming experience in Nara, but not equipped with 'modern comforts' and they're very serious about keeping noise down late at night. The bedroom was a bit too hot and the top bunks get a lot of light from the overhead lamp; make sure you talk to the staff about temperature if needed.

Okay so I stayed there one night only. 1.Locations- not so good.If you are looking for a place close to city centre to go for a night fun and want to come back alone- very difficult. around 10/15 minutes to bus station which bus takes you to JR Nara -around 30 minutes on foot. Guesthouse was located in small road.style was okay but bed-very low and small.checking in -10 pm...most shares houses/hostels have a 11 pm. Shower and etc okay.staff superb:)

The Staff were extremely kind and welcoming, offering many ideas on where to visit and eat. The house was beautiful, I really enjoyed staying here.

horrible stay! the dorm was far too SMALL: 4 beds in a tiny room, little fresh air, forced to undress literally under roommate's nose! OK house is 100 yrs old but it also means that there is a lot of dust from ancient walls: that triggered my allergy to dust! Plus being forced to sleep with the light ON is not what I consider to have a good night. If security reason is a worry why such a stiff stair then? Better to use this place as a museum than a hostel as house very tiny for foreigners.

This hostel was very welcoming and we met some great people. The mix of the traditional layout and modern facilities worked very well. Would definitely go again.

• 28th Jun 2014

The staff from Guesthouse Nara Backpackers were absolutely wonderful. They were all very kind, willing to have conversations with the guests and helpful with any questions about the area. The house is beautiful and was a great place to stay. It's a bit far from the JR station, but the peaceful atmosphere definitely made up for it. If I ever return to Nara, I will definitely stay here!