Guesthouse Nara Backpackers Reviews

31 Yurugi-cho, Nara, Japan

I love the old house, very nice! The location for this hostel is great, just off of deer park and two 7-11 near by.

this is a really amazing guesthouse!!^_^ At first its location is near Nara park and Nara 近鐵station!!! And it has a perfect kitchen and こたつ!!! If u wanna experience the old Japanese life style it's a place worthwhile to stay!!! All staff are very nice and tender!they will help u very patient! in a word ,the value of staying here is beyond its price!!!

Very good location.. near with the parking.. everything is walking distance.

The staff are super helpful. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to survive in Nara. I love the old timber Japanese house. Itself is a good piece of architecture. Therefore it is a wonderful experience to stay there while the neighbourhood is quiet.

Extremely kind and helpful staff. The place is very well located and clean. Good point: bike for rent available for guests. I used it one full day. Not to be missed experience.

• 28th Mar 2014

Very friendly staff who are happy to help with all your needs. The hostel is in a great location.

This is a very nice place, a traditional Japanese house. I was really cold in here but the atmosphere is excellent.

This was one of the best hostels I have stayed in. It is a bit tricky to find- the place could use a clearer sign on the street- but you get to spend the night in a traditional Japanese mansion. Very close to Nara Park and all the temples of interest, the hostess was also very knowledgeable about Nara and pointed me to a local festival happening that night. Very cool place overall- you'd be crazy not to stay here!

The hostel was very cosy and I loved the traditional Japanese style atmosphere. The only thing I can really suggest is that the ground floor living area was a little bit chilly but i do believe this is because the hostel is a very old building. It's nothing that a pair of thick socks can't fix!

• 25th Feb 2014

Thank you. Love Nara Backpackers. Nice Staff Beautiful Japanese home place. We like the warm table.

good experience with the old house, but the air conditioning is not working well with the problem of the room design. But everything is nice, I will stay there again if I am in Nara again.

Very charming place with lovely helpful staff who definitely went outside their duties to help. I left a USB stick with all the photos from my entire trip and they arranged it to be delivered back to me. Staying in a traditional Japanese house was an unforgettable experience and I would recommend it to anyone in love with Japan. My only worry was the tiny lock on my door, but as I said even my USB was safe with them so surely you will be too.

Beautiful guesthouse. It's a century old and has a great traditional feel. It's got the perfect location too: it's an easy walk from Kintetsunara station and an easy walk to Nara Park. Kind staff and a nice common area to keep your feet warm. However, the place is a little colder than most, eg, we found it freezing just walking through the corridors to get to the bathroom.

This house is beautiful!! The staff is lovely, all the girls are super sweet!! Wakara, (i think thats her name) she was really nice and she helped me with my Japanese! I will go back again. I recommend this hostel to anyone!

Homey atmosphere with such sweet and friendly staff. A traditional Japanese house, Guesthouse Nara Backpackers has a warm heated kotatsu, a lovely kitchen, even a zen garden. It's located right next to Nara Park, which is a wonderful place to spend a relaxing day at. Highly recommend

Here is very cold in winter So i was disappointed about that:(

Great location next to the main sights. While the facilities might not be quite as good compared to the western style hostels in Japan, the atmosphere makes up for that. It feels like staying in someone's house.

Lovely hostel, the building is beautiful, the kitchen is well stocked. The biggest downside was that the common living room, wash sink and bathroom areas were absolutely freezing!!

i love the common area and the kitchen

• 30th Dec 2013
  • Hong Kong

Nara is a wonderful place, and the Guesthouse Nara Backpackers is a wonderful place to stay there. This was my second visit to Nara Backpackers, and the friendly, helpful staff, the beautiful house itself and the location - five minutes to the shopping streets, 2 minutes to the Nara Deer Park with its great temples and shrine - make Nara Backpackers the perfect moderate price accommodation in Nara! Highly recommended.