9.3
Superb 638 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 638 Total Reviews
Guesthouse Nara Backpackers Located at 31 Yurugi-cho, , Nara.
Japan
Nara 630-8283 31 Yurugi-cho
93% 638
34.6869228 135.8333113
    Rooms available

• moneybag10107953
  • France, Male, 18-24
10th Jun 2016

Secure and good location. Chill staff & hostel. Clean place. Value is okay. Bed: Moving around makes a lot of noise. At night I needed to blow my nose, reach for a tissue near my feet and every tiny movement made SO much noise I just could not do it without waking people up. At first I though "ah, it's fine it'll only take a second" but no it was so loud it was a definite nuh-uh not happening. Had to use shinobi techniques to get a tissue, so in a way staying here is a true Japanese exper

7th Jun 2016

We enjoyed staying here. We would recommend. This guesthouse fulfills your need for traditional japanese housing. It was like traveling into the past. NC Ludington all the quirks of a 100 year old house. There is also a beautiful japanese garden complete with many butterflies in the center of the home.

6th Jun 2016

The hostel is located very close to Nara Park and the rest of the cities main sites, without being to isolated. Very small hostel, I think 3 rooms, but I like that.

6th Jun 2016
7.1

This is great for visiting Nara park. Not great if you want to go between Osaka and Kyoto. Female dorm is increadibly small even for a hostel. I had a good time here and would stay again if I were focusing only on Nara park during my visit.

• England, Couple, 25-30
31st May 2016

This place was a great find! Everything was just perfect, the hostel itself is amazing if you want to experience a traditional Japanese place, the staff were the friendliest & most helpful we have encountered in Japan! Location is brilliant rights next to where you need to be! Kitchen nice & big with good equipment should you wish to cook, as the hostel is over 100 years old expect some creaks & noises but it shouldn't put you off staying here....A*

• USA, Female, 18-24
31st May 2016

Absolutely beautiful! The place is over 100 years old and in a great location. There aren't really locks on the door to you room but it's not really something to worry about. Remember, you can't check in until 3!!! But you can leave your bags and leave.

30th May 2016

I had a very good stay but this hostel looks pretty chaotic and messy when walking in. Perhaps, they can set a sapce for luggage so that it doesnt look as messy. They also had no computers that were functional for usage, which I thought was inconvenient. Otherwise, had a very good night stay.

• Switzerland, Female, 31-40
23rd May 2016
8.0

Nice hostel in traditional Japanese house, nice staff. Dorm is a bit cramped but you have all you need there

• USA, Female, 25-30
18th May 2016

Nara Backpacker Guesthouse was super charming - set in a traditional Japanese house, we loved our stay here. Only downside, but they do warn you when you book: the walls are thin thin thin. Besides that, we loved it.

• andletmedance
  • France, Male, 31-40
11th May 2016

Best guesthouse experience to this day. I've been to some pretty incredible ones but that one tops them all : Incredibly beautiful place, lovely staff, good facilities, excellent location... seriously I am still wondering if I could find anything wrong but no, this is definitely my best guest house to this day!