Guesthouse Nara Backpackers Reviews

31 Yurugi-cho, Nara, Japan

Bit cold in winter but very beautiful and traditional. Watch out for your head if you're tall - low ceilings

A beautiful old Japanese style house, located right next to Nara Park and within easy walking distance of the train station. Very clean and comfortable, and of course Yukari was the best, so sweet and helpful!

• 2nd Feb 2015

Everything nice. Staff is very friendly and nice!

• 29th Jan 2015
  • Poland

Can be a little bit cold in winter, but there is enough heating to be sufficient. Totally recommend. The staff and atmosphere were top notch.

This Guesthouse is definitely one of the most charming ones I've ever been to. It's close to the Kintetsu Nara station and reflects the Japanese lifestyle for backpackers. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly and instead of staying just 1 night as I had planned I stayed 5 nights because I didn't want to leave anymore! I absolutely recommend it!

Staff is wonderful as is the location. Soooo glad I stayed here for the Holidays!

Although the house offers a very authentic experience there are some downfalls such as too cold in the room and in the hallway. There are only two bathrooms and two showers for all the guests to use. The house needs to be updated.

very nice house, worth staying for more days!

Wonderful experience! We will definitely stay in Nara Backpackers again.

親切にしてくれてありがとうございました!^^

• 23rd Nov 2014
  • South Korea

GREAT hostel, a one hundred years old house with traditional style. A fantastic experience if you want to try that but still don't want to pay too much. Has good heating in the winter which was very appreciated, and is located a couple of minutes from everything there is to see in Nara. If I'm ever going back to Nara I would definitely stay here again!

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

The best hostel ever with very friendly staff and great atmosphere! Definitely recommend!

• 31st Oct 2014

Very good environment, the staffs are nice and warm you as in a home =)

Great atmosphere and style, and staff were very helpful and friendly. The kitchen was well equipped but the fridge a bit full. Hairdryers and tea and coffee, free wi-fi and books provided. We stayed in the private double room which was very large for Japan. The walls are thin and in need of some repairs but that's part of the atmosphere of the old, very charming house.

• 10th Oct 2014

Very friendly hosts, we loved our stay in this traditional tea house transformed into a hostel. Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable!

• 2nd Oct 2014

It's a bit too small for 4 of us in a room but overall, we had a nice time. Everything is so clean and the staff are really helpful and friendly. This place is pleasantly old fashioned and it felt really nice and cosy. It's in a convenient location - not far from public transport + quiet at the same time.

Nara Backpacker is a lovely guesthouse. I love everything about it. Each staff, each plant, even the toilet, LOL. The owner obviously put a lot consideration into it, and makes it a very traditional Japanese style house. The staff there are more than helpful. Their smiles make you feel home. I will definitely recommend it to my friends and will visit there again when I have the chance.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • China

This is the nicest place I stayed in Japan. It is a super relaxing place without being too boring. The common room is nice to hangout and the kitchen is well equipped. My highlight was the super helpful lady that works there. She was a great help and pointed me all the good spots in Nara. Dorms have AC and bathrooms are clean. Showers are shared, but I never had to wait. Location is a bit off the JR, but very close to the good stuff in Nara. If in Nara, I'm definitely going back there. Must go.