Guesthouse Nara Backpackers Reviews

31 Yurugi-cho, Nara, Japan

horrible stay! the dorm was far too SMALL: 4 beds in a tiny room, little fresh air, forced to undress literally under roommate's nose! OK house is 100 yrs old but it also means that there is a lot of dust from ancient walls: that triggered my allergy to dust! Plus being forced to sleep with the light ON is not what I consider to have a good night. If security reason is a worry why such a stiff stair then? Better to use this place as a museum than a hostel as house very tiny for foreigners.

This hostel was very welcoming and we met some great people. The mix of the traditional layout and modern facilities worked very well. Would definitely go again.

• 28th Jun 2014

The staff from Guesthouse Nara Backpackers were absolutely wonderful. They were all very kind, willing to have conversations with the guests and helpful with any questions about the area. The house is beautiful and was a great place to stay. It's a bit far from the JR station, but the peaceful atmosphere definitely made up for it. If I ever return to Nara, I will definitely stay here!

Lovely place to stay :-)

The location can't be beat! You can walk to all the main sights. The staff are great. The building is gorgeous and in a quiet area.

I had a great time at Nara Backpackers. The staff were super friendly and helped me book a free student tour while I was there. The hostel itself had a very nice zen-like ambiance and while it was quiet while I was there, I felt very comfortable. (you also can't beat the location in terms of how close it is to the main sights)

Must be the signboard of the hostel intelligible and better than the present in front of entrance.Cos It was very very difficult find the location.So I've already mentioned to a staff about this matter.

Great little hostel in a very old traditional Japanese house! Staff was super friendly. Location is ok, but a little bit of a hike from the JR station, where I'm assuming most people come in (Not far enough to deter me from staying agian. If you're focusing on Nara Park and the main temples/shrines in town, access to all of those is easy. It's back in a neighborhood, so nice and quiet, but still close to the sights/restaurants/shopping.

1 2 Next » last »