Guesthouse Nara Backpackers Reviews

31 Yurugi-cho, Nara, Japan

The staff are super helpful. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to survive in Nara. I love the old timber Japanese house. Itself is a good piece of architecture. Therefore it is a wonderful experience to stay there while the neighbourhood is quiet.

Extremely kind and helpful staff. The place is very well located and clean. Good point: bike for rent available for guests. I used it one full day. Not to be missed experience.

• 28th Mar 2014

Very friendly staff who are happy to help with all your needs. The hostel is in a great location.

This is a very nice place, a traditional Japanese house. I was really cold in here but the atmosphere is excellent.

This was one of the best hostels I have stayed in. It is a bit tricky to find- the place could use a clearer sign on the street- but you get to spend the night in a traditional Japanese mansion. Very close to Nara Park and all the temples of interest, the hostess was also very knowledgeable about Nara and pointed me to a local festival happening that night. Very cool place overall- you'd be crazy not to stay here!

The hostel was very cosy and I loved the traditional Japanese style atmosphere. The only thing I can really suggest is that the ground floor living area was a little bit chilly but i do believe this is because the hostel is a very old building. It's nothing that a pair of thick socks can't fix!

• 25th Feb 2014

Thank you. Love Nara Backpackers. Nice Staff Beautiful Japanese home place. We like the warm table.

good experience with the old house, but the air conditioning is not working well with the problem of the room design. But everything is nice, I will stay there again if I am in Nara again.

Very charming place with lovely helpful staff who definitely went outside their duties to help. I left a USB stick with all the photos from my entire trip and they arranged it to be delivered back to me. Staying in a traditional Japanese house was an unforgettable experience and I would recommend it to anyone in love with Japan. My only worry was the tiny lock on my door, but as I said even my USB was safe with them so surely you will be too.

1 2 Next » last »