Guesthouse Nara Backpackers Reviews

31 Yurugi-cho, Nara, Japan

The staff is very nice, the house is typical Japanese but well organized and with all the equipments needed!

Nice staff, I loved the house!

I had a good stay here. I was rather surprised when most of the guests were up as early as I was- 6:30. Real travelers! The beds were comfortable and my bed had a storage area above it, which was useful. The staff are friendly, the garden is pretty. My only real complaint about the place is that it's really dark. So if you need good light to apply make-up or whatever, it's not easy to do. Heh.

We really liked the fact that it was an old tea house. The location is excellent and the garden is beautiful. But it's not the most comfortable or cozy place to stay in - no heat and the room we stayed in didn't have a table or chair or a way to sit up and read; it felt a little like camping. Also, they shut down the common spaces at 11pm, so once you get back for the night, you can only go to sleep, esp. since there is nothing in the room to allow you to do anything else.

Amazing guesthouse in a traditional Japanese house. It feels like living there with the staff greeting you everytime you come in. Everything is clean and beds are comfortable. Location is 5 minutes away from the Kintetsu station and next to Nara park. I recommend it.

Very friendly staff, They gave me a map and suggested some sights. Really comfy bunk bed (strong wood construction so it doesn't shake or squeak when someone moves). Privacy curtains on the bunk were great and they blacked out the light but you had your own personal reading light. Loved the traditional style house. Great kitchen, dining and living area facilities plus multiple toilet and showers were good too. Room had large storage lockers for your packs. Location close to sights + trains

1 2 Next » last »