Guesthouse Nara Backpackers Reviews

31 Yurugi-cho, Nara, Japan

Lovely old Japanese house, friendly staff. Perfect for staying a few nights while exploring Nara.

This place is adorable! The building is 100 years old and beautiful, yet all the modern comforts you could want are here. The staff is incredibly helpful and friendly which really made a positive impression. Big common area and kitchen made meeting others very easy. Location is perfect for exploring the park and all it's attractions. Overall, I'd definitely recommend to anyone coming through Nara!

I was stay at Tea Room Cleaness: good Facilities: good except wifi cannot connect cos the room is locate at the last of the corridor but the room have a nice garden view.

• 8th May 2014
  • Malaysia

Amazing! The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, and spoke English well. The building is really nice, and everything is kept clean. The location is very good for sightseeing in Nara, the only issue is it's a bit difficult to access if you're using a JR Pass (15-20 minute walk to the JR station). It's definitely worth that little bit of a walk though, this hostel is among the best.

I love the old house, very nice! The location for this hostel is great, just off of deer park and two 7-11 near by.

I had forgot that this was an old traditional japanese house, so i wasnt really sure that it was the right place. But it was, and the staff were great! Really friendly and helpful. The room (female dorm) far a bit small, but the beds were great and the commonarea is great with the nice kotatsu. The location is great even though Jr-pass holders have to keep in mind, that it is not a jr-station the directions are from. But go to the tourist information located at the jr-station, they will help you

this is a really amazing guesthouse!!^_^ At first its location is near Nara park and Nara 近鐵station!!! And it has a perfect kitchen and こたつ!!! If u wanna experience the old Japanese life style it's a place worthwhile to stay!!! All staff are very nice and tender!they will help u very patient! in a word ,the value of staying here is beyond its price!!!

Very good location.. near with the parking.. everything is walking distance.

The staff are super helpful. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to survive in Nara. I love the old timber Japanese house. Itself is a good piece of architecture. Therefore it is a wonderful experience to stay there while the neighbourhood is quiet.

Extremely kind and helpful staff. The place is very well located and clean. Good point: bike for rent available for guests. I used it one full day. Not to be missed experience.

• 28th Mar 2014

Very friendly staff who are happy to help with all your needs. The hostel is in a great location.

This is a very nice place, a traditional Japanese house. I was really cold in here but the atmosphere is excellent.

This was one of the best hostels I have stayed in. It is a bit tricky to find- the place could use a clearer sign on the street- but you get to spend the night in a traditional Japanese mansion. Very close to Nara Park and all the temples of interest, the hostess was also very knowledgeable about Nara and pointed me to a local festival happening that night. Very cool place overall- you'd be crazy not to stay here!

The hostel was very cosy and I loved the traditional Japanese style atmosphere. The only thing I can really suggest is that the ground floor living area was a little bit chilly but i do believe this is because the hostel is a very old building. It's nothing that a pair of thick socks can't fix!

• 25th Feb 2014

Thank you. Love Nara Backpackers. Nice Staff Beautiful Japanese home place. We like the warm table.

good experience with the old house, but the air conditioning is not working well with the problem of the room design. But everything is nice, I will stay there again if I am in Nara again.

Very charming place with lovely helpful staff who definitely went outside their duties to help. I left a USB stick with all the photos from my entire trip and they arranged it to be delivered back to me. Staying in a traditional Japanese house was an unforgettable experience and I would recommend it to anyone in love with Japan. My only worry was the tiny lock on my door, but as I said even my USB was safe with them so surely you will be too.

Beautiful guesthouse. It's a century old and has a great traditional feel. It's got the perfect location too: it's an easy walk from Kintetsunara station and an easy walk to Nara Park. Kind staff and a nice common area to keep your feet warm. However, the place is a little colder than most, eg, we found it freezing just walking through the corridors to get to the bathroom.

This house is beautiful!! The staff is lovely, all the girls are super sweet!! Wakara, (i think thats her name) she was really nice and she helped me with my Japanese! I will go back again. I recommend this hostel to anyone!

Homey atmosphere with such sweet and friendly staff. A traditional Japanese house, Guesthouse Nara Backpackers has a warm heated kotatsu, a lovely kitchen, even a zen garden. It's located right next to Nara Park, which is a wonderful place to spend a relaxing day at. Highly recommend