Guesthouse Odinn Reviews

Odinsgata 9, Reykjavik, Iceland

Odinn was well located, the manager was very friendly, nice breakfast buffet... no complaints!

We spent one night at Guesthouse Odinn after completing the Laugavegur trail - the host was very welcoming and gracious, storing our bags for us the following day as we explored Reykjavik. The beds were very comfortable, the guesthouse was spotless, the location was central, I wished we could stay longer.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great place, very clean and in a great location. I would stay here again. Thanks very much.

Excellent stay in Guesthouse Odinn. I enjoyed very much the friendly and warm atmosphere, the excellent breakfast. In summary thanks for a very good time in Reykjavik. Takk fyrir!!

• 7th Aug 2015

The location couldn't be better! Walkable to any part of town. The rooms are clean and modern, and have access to gorgeous shared bathrooms and kitchens. The breakfast is delicious and is served in a beautiful kitchen with an amazing view of Reykjavik. The owner is very friendly and accomodating, and truly wants every guest to have a fantastic stay. I will definitely stay at Guesthouse Odinn on my next visit to Reykjavik!

• 21st Jul 2015

When we arrived the place was very tidy and clean, Olle, the host, was very kind, he provided us plenty of information and helped to arrange a transport, my friend and me were hosted in a private room attached to a kitchen and other rooms, place was lovely, clean and kept comfortable. Breakfast was nice. Location is on the city centre, it is amazing considerating prices over Iceland, good views from the breakfast room. Already recommended to friends!

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Spain

I cannot say enough about Guesthouse Odinn. The location is excellent. It is a safe and secure place and very clean and very welcoming. I would highly recommend.

• 17th Jul 2015

We had a great visit at Guesthouse Odinn. Olafur and Jenny were wonderful hosts, and very helpful with everything. We stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment down the street and it was perfect for our group. Very clean, very comfortable, and great full kitchen with dishwasher and washing machine. The included breakfast was delicious, especially the special nutella! We would definitely stay here again. Perfect location and hosts.

Friendly & knowledgeable owner Olafur. Great location - central but quiet. Nice homely atmosphere. Clean.

• 26th Jun 2015

Olafur, the hostel manager, is a great guy! The kitchen was very clean and accessible to us and it saved us a lot of $. The continental breakfast is superb and great for meat-eaters and vegetarians alike. The bathrooms are very clean, but only one per floor so sometimes it was frustrating. The water smells extremely strongly of sulfur so be prepared for that. The location was fantastic, 3 mins walking to the main street. All in all, an excellent place and will come back for sure.

• 18th Jun 2015

We stayed at Guesthouse Odinn for our first night in Iceland. It was a great place to stay. The room was nice with a great view and very clean. The host was very generous to stay a little bit late to wait for us to check in and he offered great suggestions for dinner and breakfast. The guesthouse also had kitchen facilities for people to cook for themselves. It was located just a couple of blocks from the main shopping/strolling street of Reykjavik.

For the most part, had a lovely stay, enjoyed the central location, and really appreciated getting upgraded to an unoccupied room with a private bathroom. Biggest downsides for us were the requirement to pay in cash and the misleading information about breakfast being included. Would be great to add more info to that effect on the profile so people know before they book!

Really great stay! The owner was very kind and welcoming. The bed was slightly uncomfortable as it was actually two smaller beds pushed together to make one big bed. Other than that it was a great stay!

Guest House Odinn our home away from home. The staff was amazing and friendly ( Thanks Olafur). The Guest house is really pleasant., spotlessly clean in Bathrooms, Kitchen and through out the house, up to date, really comfortable bed.Very helpful and advised us on that we needed to know about Iceland and Reykjavik and where to go. The location is perfect - you can walk to everything you'd want to do in Reykjavik. Had a lovely stay. I highly recommend this Guest house..Robert Woolford Toose

Very clean services. Excellent location.

• 7th May 2015
  • Portugal

This place is really clean, have the facilities you need for living during your stay and good location as well if you what to stay around the city area. The owner is very helpful and welling to share you information where to go or what to do in Iceland. I'm sure I'll definitely come back if I happen to visit Iceland again :)

• 10th Mar 2015