Guesthouse Pavi Reviews

Brautarholti 4, Reykjavik, Iceland

When I arrived there was a sign on the door telling me to call a phone number to be let in, but I don't have an international phone so I had to go across the street to be let in. There is no door bell. The first floor of the building is vacant and there appeared to be homeless people living in it. The water in the shower was cool and the pillows were very old. Not at all what I expected for the money.

• 16th Sep 2013

Management is very flakey. It was very unclear how and who to check in with. The door is locked from the outside and new guests are asked to call the front desk. However being a traveler without a phone left me standing outside in the freezing rain for quite some time before I found someone to lend me there phone. Other than that there was nothing horrible about the guesthouse it just wasn't worth the $120 I payed for a room that didn't fully lock.

Cosy and clean place pretty close to the city center. The address we received when we booked a room was different from the actual location of the place, that was a bit strange. There's a grocery store around the corner. Some breakfast was available in the morning (even though we weren't sure, which part of the food in the fridge belonged to the other travelers and which to everyone).

Avoid. Unpleasant on many levels. Very shabby looking showers, genereally looks quite worn-out. The staff is sometimes gone, there is no way of calling them (during the day). Worst of all is the heating. Looks like it has a control, but it wil just shut off if you try to lower it a bit. Without heating the room gets very cold very quickly. ALso, the idea of a "single room" is that you get a double and they take one blanket away (the room is small then), the do not have a genuine single room.

• 3rd Jun 2013
  • Slovakia

I didn't actually stay at Pavi but at Travel Inn Guesthouse, affiliated with Pavi. This gh completely suited my needs. Across the street from the Reyjkavik Excursions bus terminal, from a 24 hr shop, and on a main city bus line. Location was quiet, clean, and offered breakfast. I'd recommend Travel Inn for a stay of one or more nights (I stayed all of five).

• 9th May 2013