Guesthouse Salzburg Reviews

Josef Preis Allee 18, Salzburg, Austria

+ Fantastic location, great staff, awesome common space!! - No kitchen facilities, but you can buy something at a restaurant inside. I had a terrible wi-fi and my room seemed to be a little bit steamy.

check in was slow, built for school trips, not for backpackers. Reception staff weren't capable of dealing with big school groups and us. Staff also failed to call our tour to collect us leaving us waiting for over an hour and we were offered no discount or compensation and had to do the tour next day. kids constantly running around without supervision, Sound of music showing is not a priority. great breakfast, many opportunities for a free meal during the day. Could use more outlets .

Awesome breakfast!!!HThey don't have kitchen though

Cleanliness of everything was good appart from the bed...

• 21st Jun 2014

Staff is very helpful! Like a hotel! Good stay!

Great breatfast! But the room downstairs was really smelly :(

Excellent!!! Looks and feels like a hotel!!

Was very noisy and crowded with school children staying there and bus loads of school children arriving and leaving. Rooms were not cleaned even when I returned at 1930! However staff were helpful and kind especially the reception staff Christopher who was very friendly, kind, understanding and helpful who helped me transfer to a much better room. This guy should receive the best staff award. If not because of Christopher, I would have given this hostel/hotel a poor standard.

The place was really nice, but a lot of children on holiday were all over and there were not many young travelers. 10 minute walk to most attractions.

It is located quite far from the train station but close to the old town. Very good value for money with luxurious breakfast included - I mean it, luxurious. Staff is friendly and helpful. Overall it is a very nice hostel.

To be honest this was my least favorite hostel I stayed in during my time in Europe. Some staff were friendly, but I encountered a couple who were extremely rude and unhelpful. The rooms were okay, but the bathrooms were not very clean. The vibe at the hostel is very odd as there are a lot of children and families that stay there, so it doesn't really feel like a typical hostel for young people. Probably wouldn't stay here again if I had a choice.

There are a lot of young children and old people at this hostel, not the best if you are a college student backpacking and looking for a fun place to meet people your age.

All good except very unfriendly staff (girl on reception) on June 5, 2014. Spoiled impressions about the hostel.

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Russia

Far from train station, but facilities are excellent. Really love the buffet breakfast here.

This hostel is in a great location. Near the Salzburg Fortress and some really fun town squares. The common areas were spacious and nice. The rooms and bathroom were clean but nothing great. The staff was pretty standard as well. The breakfast was AMAZING. And free!! That made up for other things. Also there are often school age groups and families there, so a mixed bag. Do Frauline Maria's bike tour! Highlight of the trip!

The cleanliness in the bedroom was good, only showers and sometimes toilets very just average. the breakfast ist definitely very good.

This hostel is In the basement of a much bigger hotel. The rooms are a bit small but manageable. As a result of the rooms being small, the lockers are in the hallway which is a bit inconvenient but not a huge issue. The men's shower room smells incredibly musty and there is almost always a flood on the ground due to a lack of drains. The free breakfast that is offered is amazing, the best I've seen in Europe so far...real eggs and bacon.

It will be better if dinner hours is extended.

The staff always seemed very preoccupied, uninterested or confused when I asked them for directions or suggestions which contributed to the lack of atmosphere I experienced while I was there. The dorms downstairs were in good condition as well as the bathroom, locker and shower facilities. The free breakfast was absolutely marvelous--a great start to my day.

outstanding place