Guesthouse Salzburg Reviews

Josef Preis Allee 18, Salzburg, Austria

The staff always seemed very preoccupied, uninterested or confused when I asked them for directions or suggestions which contributed to the lack of atmosphere I experienced while I was there. The dorms downstairs were in good condition as well as the bathroom, locker and shower facilities. The free breakfast was absolutely marvelous--a great start to my day.

outstanding place

Great location and facilities. Fantastic breakfast. Just a single electrical socket in each dorm room is not ideal at all when 8 people are sharing it.

This was a huge hostel on the outskirts of Sazburg that had a lot of younger kids in for a tour group when we were there. It was a fine place to stay for our one night here, but isn't great for a longer stay and if you're looking for a 18-24 age range. The breakfast was plentiful and offered a lot more than most hostels in Europe. The beds were comfortable and the facilities were clean.

This place was really fantastic. The rooms were clean, warm and although slightly cramped they were well organised. It was nice to have a real duvet! The price is great for this hostel as it comes with a delicious buffet breakfast! Its close to the centre of town and is quiet at night. Highly recommend this place and their hot chocolate from their cafe!

My only reason for not giving this hostel a complete 5 star rating is that the dorm room was very small for the number of beds. The have lockers for the luggage but no one uses them as it's too inconvenient to go to the locker for changes of clothes. Therefore the room is cramped with 6 people and their luggage. The breakfast was excellent and the best I have had in a hostel

Great breakfast. 2 blocks from the old town, easily accessible. Internet only available in lobby though you get good signals in the dorms only

Positive experience: the hostel is welcoming, clean and quite. Breakfast is great: varied and constantly replenished. The only flaw is the staff at the desk: nice people but poorly organized; when I asked some advice on what to do in Salzburg, they were not able to give me good suggestions or provide me of some brochures. Except for that, I recommend this hostel!

Couldn't be happier with the hostel! Great value, location, and breakfast :) Also a pickup point for the Sound of Music Tour, all you have to do is walk down to the lobby. There was only one outlet in our room, so be aware of people hogging the energy haha but overall, still great and definitely recommended for Salzburg.

This place is huge! The day I was there was Easter Saturday, so the place, especially the lobby was full of 15-18 year old noisy kids. Since the lobby is the only place where you can use Wi-Fi, it was not very convenient. The dorm was nevertheless an oasis of peace, and the bathrooms are clean. Breakfast was also good.

A very affordable price, including breakfast.

nice place, quiet close to the old city and city center. staff was really helpful and were nice. i think that the only thing was missing was more electric spots in the rooms. it is worth for the prize i paid (which was quiet cheap)

This place is in a good location, about a 20-30 min walk from the main things. It is more like a college dorm than a hostel. There were lots of school trips going on when we stayed so there were hundreds of kids between 7 and probably 18 running around and lots of parents and teachers. The room was really small and smelled really bad. Breakfast was really good and there were plenty of options. The staff was really nice and didn't judge us for watching Sound of Music 2 nights in a row.

Nice place and friendly staff but lots of annoying and loud school groups staying there. Not great wifi.

The hostel was clean and has a great location. I would recommend it if you are looking for a cheap place to stay. If you're looking for a party hostel, you're at the wrong place!

• 2nd Apr 2014

We took a 5-people apartment. The room was clean, We were given towels and bed linen. The breakfast was execcelent. We did not have a kitchen, but we did not really need it. The location was good, very near the fortress. We walked from the railway station to the hostel. We did not have to use public transport in Salzburg at all.

• 2nd Apr 2014