Guesthouse Tamura Reviews

1107-2,Takabatake-cho, Nara, Japan

A charming guesthouse, perfectly located in the town of Nara. Junko really welcomes you into her home and makes you feel comfortable (she also makes an amazing breakfast!). Ideally placed for going to all the UNESCO World heritage sites and of course the deer park. I would definitely stay here again.

The host is very friendly and helpful. She can speak a little Cantonese as lived in HK before so no problem for my non-English and non-Japanese speaking mother to communicate with her :P The house is located in local residential area near Nara Park so it's easy to access to local restaurants and it's not far from Kintetsu Nara station and the shopping street Sanjo-dori there. The room(kaki) is bigger than my expectation and there is one room more larger to book. The futon is very comfortable. If

Lovely guest house, breakfast is excellent value for money.

Cozy wonderful guesthouse, almost like a B&B. Stay here! I didn't want to leave. It felt like family.

It's quite a bit of walking from the station but perfectly located next to the deerpark. Facilities are nice and clean and the daily Japanese bath is a total recommendation. Also breakfast (you need to order this in advance) is a typical Japanese homecooked meal which is also worth it.

Very friendly family run hostel. We had a comfortable stay. Tamura is in a great location very easy to get to all the eating places and sights of Nara. breakfast is great too.

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This guesthouse feels more like a home-away-from-home! It was so lovely getting the traditional breakfast and sitting around talking with the other guests. Also the house has so much character you actually enjoy hanging out there when it's too cold to go outside. The location is quiet and quaint, it really was a peaceful place to stay. I will definitely be booking all my future trips to Nara at Guesthouse Tamura!

The triple sharing room is really too small for 3 persons. The bed, yes, enough for 3. But the space to open luggage etc is only enough for 1 medium size luggage. The garden needs maintenance cause it looked pretty messy when we were there, nothing close to the picture we saw on the website.

The owner was very helpful and informative.We felt so at home ...like a home away from home.The breakfast was superb and only 300 yen.

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

The hostel owner was incredibly nice and understanding, even when I showed up to check-in later than I had intended. Also, she let me leave my luggage at the hostel until 4pm the next day even though I was not staying another night at the hostel. Furthermore, the location cannot be beat as it is less than a 5 min walk to the edge of Nara Park (where all of the cultural sights are). If I come to Nara again, I am definitely re-booking.

The owner was very nice. She was like a mom to us and provided even some home-made sweets as snacks. There were 5 of us and only 4 bikes for rent, so she lent us her own. :)

Beautiful home and excellent location. Owners could not be any nicer and made us feel very welcome in their home. Nothing was too much trouble .Exceptionally clean and well presented with a delicious breakfast provided if required.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

We stayed in the private twin room; plenty of space, very comfortable futons, very quiet. The towels in the bathroom are Japanese style- absolutely tiny, hand size (an interesting experience for 6 foot-tall Westerners.) The breakfasts are tasty, but not much protein. The location is excellent for the lovely Naramachi district and the Zuto stupa ( key available from Wellness Hotel Asukaji at the stupa entrance). I would happily recommend Tamura Guesthouse.

• 24th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Great and very clean house in very good location. The owner was very kind and helpful. Down-home atmosphere. Definitely worth to stay here!

Great hostel. The people working really care. Try the breakfast.

Very nice and clean place, the owner is very kind and makes a big effort to make you feel at home. The location is also excellent, very close to the park. The common area is small, but enough to ensure a good atmosphere. As far as I remember there were no lockers, but still I felt safe to leave my stuff there. TOP TIP: try the Japanese breakfast, it is only 300 yen and it is fabulous.

The staff were amazing - so friendly and helpful to call taxis for us and give us travel info - very accommodating! The breakfast (¥300) was healthy and delicious. Facilities were excellent and clean. Room was very clean. The only thing is the location; it is far from the station and we got lost, even with a map. Great stay!

The location is good, walk distance to Nara Park. Although it is not a traditional Japanese house, it is tidy, safe and clean, like a family. I love this place. The host and hostess are very friendly and warm-hearted. They will tell you activities going on in Nara. They also offer breakfast only for 300 yen, which seems very delicious. My friend and I regret not knowing this and buy some bread.

Stuff are nice,room is cozy, Japanese style house.it's a little bit crowded to sit in the living room, it's very nice,but small.Besides,the 300 YEN Japanese breakfast is awesome!

It happened to be a typhoon day so it was a bit hard to get to the guesthouse. the room was not that big so if you have a lot of luggafe like me you may want to reconsider. the atmosphere was quite welcoming and it's very easy to meet other travellers. i'd prefer the bath to be a bit hotter though. iths quite close to the deer park. the staff are very nice and speaks goos english.