Guesthouse Tamura Reviews

1 Fushingazushi, Nara, Japan

The woman who runs the guesthouse speaks excellent English and is extremely helpful and attentive, and keeps the place spotless, with everything labelled. Besides serving big, healthy, varied and tasty Japanese breakfasts, there is a fridge with water and tea (which you can also use), a microwave, free coffee, tea, and cookies, and more. Our room was very quiet, and the two toilets and two showers, one with onsen, were more than adequate. The bedding is Japanese style, so will probably not be

• 6th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The best hostel in Nara! We spent only one night, but the beds were soft and breakfast delicious. The hostel is super close to Nara Park and other attractions. Definitely coming back!

Host was wonderful and accommodated any needs we had. They were very fluent in English. Very homelike feel.

• 3rd May 2015

You can't beat the location - 10 minutes walk from Nara Park. The lady who runs the place is very nice. I had to do some laundry but I was also going out for the day, so she offered to put it in the dryer for me while I was out. When I came back after my day out, she offered me some sushi and tea!

The host is very hospitable and willing to share with us on the attractions and local delights. she is very helpful and generously allowed us to stay indoor when it is raining heavily on the day we check out. we will definitely visit Tamura guest house during our next visit to Nara. thank you very much.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Singapore

Friendly and helpful hostel owner who also provides breakfast for 300Yen. This is a nice and typical Japanese experience.

Although a small compact place, i was impressed by how efficiently Junko managed us all . She is very kind and attentive and generous. The shoe drier was a big hit with me and this was only the most unusual of many extra touches that added atmosphere and comfort to my stay here. I enjoyed meeting the other guests. Tea and coffee is provided free. The only thing missing i that i can think of is a computer and internet but i wasnt trying to use it . Close to all the sights.

• 1st Apr 2015

A brilliant place to stay in Nara. The couple that operate the place are lovely. Make you feel at home. If staying thee, dont miss the breakfast - its awesome. The walks around Nara are awesome.

we really loved it and could have hardly done better.

Really homely and comfortable. Great cleanliness. Helpful and nice staff. Breakfast is well worth it (300 yen). Feels like you're a guest at someones home (which you are) without a feeling of intrusion. Recommended.

Stayed one night in winter. Although the owner is a little intense, she was extremely hospitable. The accommodation is a couple of dorms in the back of her house, but they were comfortable. The living room is small but encourages conversation. A large Japanese style breakfast is available for ¥300, order the night before. Traditional Japanese bath is available on site. A long-ish walk from JR Nara station but close to the main shopping street, Nara Park and temples.

Very nice little hostel, personal service.

Amazing place! Nara is a tiny town and from the guesthouse to most of the spots I wanted to check was walking distance.(stayed there for three nights, so there were many spots) 15mins walking from JR Nara station, 10 mins or less from that private line Nara station. Owner is very nice and helpful. It was more of a home-stay than a hostel:)

A charming guesthouse, perfectly located in the town of Nara. Junko really welcomes you into her home and makes you feel comfortable (she also makes an amazing breakfast!). Ideally placed for going to all the UNESCO World heritage sites and of course the deer park. I would definitely stay here again.

This was an great hostel, my friend and i felt right at home! I also recommend getting the breakfast there, because it is delicious.

• 18th Jan 2015

The host is very friendly and helpful. She can speak a little Cantonese as lived in HK before so no problem for my non-English and non-Japanese speaking mother to communicate with her :P The house is located in local residential area near Nara Park so it's easy to access to local restaurants and it's not far from Kintetsu Nara station and the shopping street Sanjo-dori there. The room(kaki) is bigger than my expectation and there is one room more larger to book. The futon is very comfortable. If

Lovely guest house, breakfast is excellent value for money.

Cozy wonderful guesthouse, almost like a B&B. Stay here! I didn't want to leave. It felt like family.

It's quite a bit of walking from the station but perfectly located next to the deerpark. Facilities are nice and clean and the daily Japanese bath is a total recommendation. Also breakfast (you need to order this in advance) is a typical Japanese homecooked meal which is also worth it.

Very friendly family run hostel. We had a comfortable stay. Tamura is in a great location very easy to get to all the eating places and sights of Nara. breakfast is great too.

• 25th Dec 2014