Guesthouse Tamura Reviews

1107-2,Takabatake-cho, Nara, Japan

Stayed one night in winter. Although the owner is a little intense, she was extremely hospitable. The accommodation is a couple of dorms in the back of her house, but they were comfortable. The living room is small but encourages conversation. A large Japanese style breakfast is available for ¥300, order the night before. Traditional Japanese bath is available on site. A long-ish walk from JR Nara station but close to the main shopping street, Nara Park and temples.

Very nice little hostel, personal service.

Amazing place! Nara is a tiny town and from the guesthouse to most of the spots I wanted to check was walking distance.(stayed there for three nights, so there were many spots) 15mins walking from JR Nara station, 10 mins or less from that private line Nara station. Owner is very nice and helpful. It was more of a home-stay than a hostel:)

A charming guesthouse, perfectly located in the town of Nara. Junko really welcomes you into her home and makes you feel comfortable (she also makes an amazing breakfast!). Ideally placed for going to all the UNESCO World heritage sites and of course the deer park. I would definitely stay here again.

This was an great hostel, my friend and i felt right at home! I also recommend getting the breakfast there, because it is delicious.

• 18th Jan 2015

The host is very friendly and helpful. She can speak a little Cantonese as lived in HK before so no problem for my non-English and non-Japanese speaking mother to communicate with her :P The house is located in local residential area near Nara Park so it's easy to access to local restaurants and it's not far from Kintetsu Nara station and the shopping street Sanjo-dori there. The room(kaki) is bigger than my expectation and there is one room more larger to book. The futon is very comfortable. If

Lovely guest house, breakfast is excellent value for money.

Cozy wonderful guesthouse, almost like a B&B. Stay here! I didn't want to leave. It felt like family.

It's quite a bit of walking from the station but perfectly located next to the deerpark. Facilities are nice and clean and the daily Japanese bath is a total recommendation. Also breakfast (you need to order this in advance) is a typical Japanese homecooked meal which is also worth it.

Very friendly family run hostel. We had a comfortable stay. Tamura is in a great location very easy to get to all the eating places and sights of Nara. breakfast is great too.

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This guesthouse feels more like a home-away-from-home! It was so lovely getting the traditional breakfast and sitting around talking with the other guests. Also the house has so much character you actually enjoy hanging out there when it's too cold to go outside. The location is quiet and quaint, it really was a peaceful place to stay. I will definitely be booking all my future trips to Nara at Guesthouse Tamura!

The triple sharing room is really too small for 3 persons. The bed, yes, enough for 3. But the space to open luggage etc is only enough for 1 medium size luggage. The garden needs maintenance cause it looked pretty messy when we were there, nothing close to the picture we saw on the website.

The owner was very helpful and informative.We felt so at home ...like a home away from home.The breakfast was superb and only 300 yen.

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

The hostel owner was incredibly nice and understanding, even when I showed up to check-in later than I had intended. Also, she let me leave my luggage at the hostel until 4pm the next day even though I was not staying another night at the hostel. Furthermore, the location cannot be beat as it is less than a 5 min walk to the edge of Nara Park (where all of the cultural sights are). If I come to Nara again, I am definitely re-booking.

The owner was very nice. She was like a mom to us and provided even some home-made sweets as snacks. There were 5 of us and only 4 bikes for rent, so she lent us her own. :)

Beautiful home and excellent location. Owners could not be any nicer and made us feel very welcome in their home. Nothing was too much trouble .Exceptionally clean and well presented with a delicious breakfast provided if required.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

We stayed in the private twin room; plenty of space, very comfortable futons, very quiet. The towels in the bathroom are Japanese style- absolutely tiny, hand size (an interesting experience for 6 foot-tall Westerners.) The breakfasts are tasty, but not much protein. The location is excellent for the lovely Naramachi district and the Zuto stupa ( key available from Wellness Hotel Asukaji at the stupa entrance). I would happily recommend Tamura Guesthouse.

• 24th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Great and very clean house in very good location. The owner was very kind and helpful. Down-home atmosphere. Definitely worth to stay here!