Guesthouse Tamura Reviews

1 Fushingazushi, Nara, Japan

It was so nice being in more of a home than a hostel! The breakfast was only 300 yen and was DELICIOUS, and while the place is small, it's so cozy. I really enjoyed my stay, especially the free tea and coffee!!

A really nice place to stay in Nara. Very well situated, very welcoming and helpful staff. I enjoyed the japanese-style breakfast.

As said in another review, i can confirm that this is not a hostel, it is a home :) nuff said

This was a really nice comfortable guesthouse. The lady who owns it was friendly and kind. It is about a 10/15 min walk from the station

Great Japanese breakfast

Everything was perfect! Thanks for a very pleasant stay.

• 25th Jul 2015
  • China

Small, friendly guesthouse in a quiet neighborhood close to Nara park. The guesthouse is inside a typical Japanese house were the owners live as well. In the morning we had a very nice Japanese breakfast. The owners provided us upon arrival with tourist information and informed us about activities in Nara during our stay.

This hostel isn´t really a hostel and isn´t realy a guest house too, IT IS A HOME HOUSE. With extremly friendly manager mrs. Junko and her hospitality, we felt like beeing home. Very clean, confortable, close to the attractions in very peacefull neighborhood. We are family with older children(16, 20) and we were all very sattisfied with everything in the Tamura house. Would go there again for shure.

I couldn't be more pleased and impressed with this little gem of a guesthouse, right by Nara Park! The lovely hosts were very friendly and even bothered to dry my shoes which had gotten wet in the rain. Beds are comfortable, shower and toilet facilities are excellent, as is the airconditioning. Just the best place to stay in Nara!

The word hostel does not do this location justice. It truly is a guesthouse and the owner provides a wonderful service through her advice for the area and the general facilities. The room we had felt very Japanesey with two futons, a tea set (with fresh hot water), among so many other niceties. We had a very pleasant night, and would recommend to others. Our only issue was that we spotted a lone cockroach on the wall. However this is probably more temperature related as the place was very clean.

Excellent hostel with very friendly owners! Everything was organized very well and if you decide to go there, I recommend you take the breakfast! Really good!

This was the most wonderful stay ever. The breakfasts are delicious, rooms comfortable, and the owner is lovely. Stay here for a very relaxing space to come back to after walking through Nara!! I cannot fault my stay here, it's perfect!

There was nothing I would change. Cute lil home-type hostel. Amazing location. I got lost but just head to Nara hotel and go though gates. Breakfast amazing with home grown produce. Honestly not sure what to fault

It is a very nice Guesthouse and the Hosts are very sympathic and helpful. They have super clean room and facilities, It is very convenient for Traveler that many free stuffs like water, coffee, Tee, Cookies, etc available. It has good connection to tourist attractions, to shopping Areas and to Bus and Train. The breakfast was delicious, good price and very reccommended. But without Doorlocks in this cosy house, it is a good deal for me coming with friends or Family. thanks for nice hosting

• 30th Jun 2015

The hostel is clean and well comunicated. The staff are friendly, nice and helpfull. We were a bit unlike and got the room mext to the stair so it was a bit more noisy than the others, but that's all. Eveything was great.

Guesthouse Tamura was a wonderful surprise. I chose it totally at random for me and my two female travel companions, because I liked the price and the location. Though quarters were a bit snug, everything else was top-notch. It smelled good, everything worked well, and the wonderful Japanese hosts that treated us like honored guests. Bought the inexpensive breakfast and I HIGHLY recommend it for anyone that enjoys Japanese food. I will stay at Guesthouse Tamura every time I come to Nara,

• 11th Jun 2015

Our group loved our one night at this cozy guest house. The location is easily accessible from the JR train station and is very convenient for visiting the main sights in Nara. The host was very helpful, and the overall atmosphere was very relaxing, we felt like private guests in Japanese house.

Very helpful host, cosy homely atmosphere with super clean facilities. Breakfast was good too.

The location of Tamura Guesthouse was perfect as it is a walk to the park area where you may find all the deer in Nara and the giant Buddhist temple. You cannot walk from Nara Station to Guesthouse Tamura as it is too ffar (30 min walk). You will need to take a bus or taxi. Taxi should cost around 10-1500Yen. The breakfast is very good for 300Yen seeing as it is hard to find somewhere to eat around that area that is closeby. I recommend taking the breakfast as it is convenient and tasty.

• 13th May 2015

The woman who runs the guesthouse speaks excellent English and is extremely helpful and attentive, and keeps the place spotless, with everything labelled. Besides serving big, healthy, varied and tasty Japanese breakfasts, there is a fridge with water and tea (which you can also use), a microwave, free coffee, tea, and cookies, and more. Our room was very quiet, and the two toilets and two showers, one with onsen, were more than adequate. The bedding is Japanese style, so will probably not be

• 6th May 2015