Guesthouse Tamura Reviews

1107-2,Takabatake-cho, Nara, Japan

Great hostel. The people working really care. Try the breakfast.

Very nice and clean place, the owner is very kind and makes a big effort to make you feel at home. The location is also excellent, very close to the park. The common area is small, but enough to ensure a good atmosphere. As far as I remember there were no lockers, but still I felt safe to leave my stuff there. TOP TIP: try the Japanese breakfast, it is only 300 yen and it is fabulous.

The staff were amazing - so friendly and helpful to call taxis for us and give us travel info - very accommodating! The breakfast (¥300) was healthy and delicious. Facilities were excellent and clean. Room was very clean. The only thing is the location; it is far from the station and we got lost, even with a map. Great stay!

The location is good, walk distance to Nara Park. Although it is not a traditional Japanese house, it is tidy, safe and clean, like a family. I love this place. The host and hostess are very friendly and warm-hearted. They will tell you activities going on in Nara. They also offer breakfast only for 300 yen, which seems very delicious. My friend and I regret not knowing this and buy some bread.

Stuff are nice,room is cozy, Japanese style house.it's a little bit crowded to sit in the living room, it's very nice,but small.Besides,the 300 YEN Japanese breakfast is awesome!

It happened to be a typhoon day so it was a bit hard to get to the guesthouse. the room was not that big so if you have a lot of luggafe like me you may want to reconsider. the atmosphere was quite welcoming and it's very easy to meet other travellers. i'd prefer the bath to be a bit hotter though. iths quite close to the deer park. the staff are very nice and speaks goos english.

Nice and lovely guesthouse. Very clean as well! And the location is perfect, basically a couple of minutes from the Park. Definitely recommend staying here if you go to Nara.

If you have the chance, the breakfast is delicious!

I only stayed in Nara for one night, but this women helped make my stay the best. She is very friendly and very nice. It really feels like home staying here. She also made a fantastic Japanese breakfast for a little extra but it was worth it. I would stay here again if I ever go back to Nara

The hosts have paid lots of attention to detail to make guests comfortable.

very nice bed

The hostel owner was wonderful and very helpful, and even provided some homemade snacks. The room, common areas and bathrooms were extremely clean. The door in our private room didn't have a lock, but a small safe was provided, and the hostel owner was very careful to check on people coming and going from the hostel, so it was very secure anyway.

Very lovely host and a great breakfast. We enjoyed our stay at the guest house very much.

Staff were friendly and helpful and laundry although outside was efficient

Very good location, between train station and park with main sights. Hostel is small and familiar, very helpful staff, nice japanese breafast for little money.

We enjoyed our stay in this Guesthouse, the owners are extremely helpful with information on places to go and things to do, they speak very good English. The house is close to the park and within walking distance to the station and the town centre. Had a great stay here.

A stay in Guesthouse Tamura in Nara was a wonderful experience and felt like a real home. The hosts were most friendly and the daily breakfast most enjoyable and excellent value. Typical of the atmosphere of kindness was that when it was raining on the morning of our departure and the host drove us to the train station.

• 1st Jun 2014

Close to the park and most temples and shrines. It is about a half hour walk from JR train station. Staff were most helpful and willing to assist us.

There is a traditional bath tub in the hostel ready to use. The special japanese breakfast is very good, unexpensive and plentiful.

Hostel in a real Japanese home! Spot on location, 5 stars cleaningness, perfect English speaking owners with helpful knowleges of Nara. Don't miss the breakfast, home made veggie Japanese delights at a price of an ice cream that you will remember for a long time.