Guilin Central Hostel Reviews

3 Ren Min Road, Guilin, China

Location was par. 4 bed dorm was great except our room's bathroom smelled like poop.

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry about the bathroom. It was a small drainage issue that has been resolved. Our rooms are all new and there may be some slight hiccups from time to time but we are always more than happy to assist any of our guests concerns. Thank you for staying with us and travel safe. Team Central

Everything was good. No complaints.

Excellent hostel - the staff was very helpful and friendly, food was good, room was very spacious, clean and comfortable and the tours were really good. Would highly highly recommend.

Really great hostel! Excellent location, cleanliness and staff. The beds were extremely comfortable and spacious, and the wifi was excellent - all rarities in China. The staff was extremely helpful and spoke great English. Be careful when you book the Li River cruise through the hostel though! You get charged extra for an English-speaking guide and we were treated to about 5 minutes of English for a 4 hour cruise. Not worth it. Not the hostel's fault, but ask them to book something cheaper.

PERFECT! I am virgo and I am picking with everything but this hostel is definetely worth staying in the central of Guilin! 本来对桂林的住宿一直都是心有余悸 这家青旅完全让我对桂林这座城市的整体印象都有所提升 订了标准间和妈妈一起住 房间东西都是简约风 特符合我的风格 两妹子人品也太赞 还帮我抗了箱子。。。

The bathroom in my room (406, if I remember correctly) had a weird/uncomfortable smell and the room floor seemed dusty.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Venezuela

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in (including hostels in Europe and North America). The beds are amazing and the rooms are very clean with private bathrooms. The staff are amazing and the rice terrace tour I booked through them was great. Great wifi. Would HIGHLY recommend.

Best hostel I ever stayed!

Literally the best bed I have had in over a year in China. Stay here just for that reason. Good wifi and VPN available. However no atmosphere.

Nice hostel with friendly staff. Very clean and impressively built beds. No awkward climbing up creaky bedbunks!

• 29th May 2015

Thank you for your review. We are so happy that you were able to enjoy our wonderful dorm beds. Our beds were design with absolute comfort in mind and we can say with certainty that all of our guests will fall in love with them. They are the most comfortable and spacious beds in all of China.

Seriously good hostel. I used to live in Guilin and can tell you this is by far the best location for exploring the city. Modern amenities and great staff also.

The location is amazing, literally 2 min walk to the central walking street center and 10 min walk to the sun/moon pagodas and the elephant trunk hill park. The rooms are very clean and air conditioning works great. The staff speak good English and are helpful. I gave them a poor rating on facilities because our bathroom smelled like a cess pool. Even with the door closed the stench would leak into our sleeping quarters. It was quite miserable to have to use that bathroom every time.

Awesome place! The rooms are very nice and clean, the staff is very friendly and it is well located in downtown Guilin.

We stayed in a 4-beds dormitories, it was clean, comfortable, nice and spacious. The staff was extremely nice and helpful, and they all spoke very good English. We had a wonderful stay and we would definitely recommend this hostel! Amazing value for money!

The best hostel I have stayed at in China! Beautiful and clean dorm rooms. Big beds with curtains. 2 lockers (one inside bed area). Plus amazing helpful staff! Would stay again.

Thank you for your wonderful review. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we can't wait to see you again! Team Central

Staff were friendly and helpful. Location is good in the middle of town. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Free laundry facilities was a really nice extra.

Most friendly staff. Amazing facilities, the whole package at this hostel is super good. Rooms, food, drinks, beds, storage everything is just 10/10

• 28th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so happy that we were able to meet your expectations. Team Central

Ve ry good location,staff attentive. Will stay there again. Steps were all free!!!

Thank you so much for your review! Travel safe! Team Central

What an awesome hostel, the team are a bunch of wizards and really make you want to enjoy your stay. I cannot vouch for the others in the area but this one was a definete gem on my trip and the best so far in China. Beds/bunks were modern (for a backpackers) with individual power/light/shelf/curtain Staff were brilliant and very helpful Location cant get any better

Thank you for your review! We have thoroughly done our research and have created what we believe to be one of the best hostels in Guilin thus far. I can assure you we are a notch above the rest though I can't say for all of China but thank you for putting us up there. And our location truly can't be better. It's the closest to practically everything. =) Team Central

Very modern hostel, as this is the totally renovated former Backstreet hostel. Rooms are in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floor without elevator. On the rooftop is the laundry area with the very helpful free laundry service (3 washing maschines). The cafe is very nice, they have very nice waffels and big big sandwiches. Unfortunately they want to sell too much of their own tour packages and entry cards, instead of helping vudget travellers to see stuff on their own.

Some guests believe that doing it on their own offers a more unique and rewarding experience yet most end up realizing that it just ends with a lot of frustration. The industry is too regulated. Many things can and have gone wrong like getting lost and refusal of service so we simply can't recommend it. We have only the best intentions for our guests and we want only to provide exceptional service that gives peace of mind to everyone and let them know that they are in good hands. Team Central